IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 301.
#10951 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Looking for MISSING WORLDS MODs, I don’t have a 3d printer but would like to add the set. Looking for the pro version.

Thoses are actually pretty cool I just looked that up because I didn't know what you were talking about.. Looks like they are sold out..

#10952 2 years ago

when its friday night and you decide to make a little battle with your son (player 1)...
and than ball 1 :

IMG_20210604_202510_759 (resized).jpgIMG_20210604_202510_759 (resized).jpg

FY son ! (lol inside of course)

and to complete the story, he finish at 21...

#10953 2 years ago

damn, is pro that big a difference because my best score on my premium is only 4.5 billion. or maybe I just need to shoot better!

#10954 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

damn, is pro that big a difference because my best score on my premium is only 4.5 billion. or maybe I just need to shoot better!

RipleYYY is just a hell of a player.

#10955 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

RipleYYY is just a hell of a player.

tanx... but this time my son kick my ass (again)

and reading here, yes, seems PRO is easier than PREM/LE only because of that Death Star shot
in fact, i didnt remember having played a PREM/LE already

#10956 2 years ago

When you choose the Boba fet option, how do you start it?

#10957 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

when its friday night and you decide to make a little battle with your son...
and than ball 1 :
[quoted image]
FY son ! (lol inside of course)
and to complete the story, he finish at 21...

The scores you guys put up are absolutely insane! Well done! My best is 1.9 billion.

#10958 2 years ago

I just unpacked my new Star Wars Premium. Very excited however I cannot play because it is telling me it cannot detect the six balls. Has anyone experienced this? Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you.

Chris

2035BB95-FA61-46CC-BD3A-B3D2C237D27B (resized).jpeg2035BB95-FA61-46CC-BD3A-B3D2C237D27B (resized).jpeg
#10959 2 years ago
Quoted from cmb007:

I just unpacked my new Star Wars Premium. Very excited however I cannot play because it is telling me it cannot detect the six balls. Has anyone experienced this? Do you have any recommendations?
Thank you.
Chris
[quoted image]

Did you install them as per the instructions taped to the machine?

#10960 2 years ago

Reseat the ball trough connectors.

#10961 2 years ago

I did install them per the instructions. I will try to reseat the connectors. Thank you.

#10962 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

The scores you guys put up are absolutely insane! Well done! My best is 1.9 billion.

tanx

but again, my son & i we are tournament players, not "wizard" guys, but than we're more than good without a doubt...
than dont compare while you're a lambda player (this not being pejorative at all), the more important is to enjoy while playing, this should remain the objective n°1 when you're behind a flipper : fun, fun, and fun !

#10963 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

When you choose the Boba fet option, how do you start it?

with shooting the 4 white inserts
and same when you're not playing with Han, you have to make combos (cyan color) to enable the white ones...

#10964 2 years ago

Just bought the Le & I absolutely love it. Some of the scores here are unbelievable. I need to get better

#10965 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Just bought the Le & I absolutely love it. Some of the scores here are unbelievable. I need to get better

but they are, believe me lol
my son did beat again the wizard mode this afternoon, that's 2 in 2 days, this time scoring "only" 13B...

#10966 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

I need to get better

Actually you don't need to do anything except having fun. Will get you a lot more credibility than humble bragging about scores.

#10967 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Actually you don't need to do anything except having fun.
Will get you a lot more credibility than humble bragging about scores.

good point... in fact just i've said few posts above
than for your other sentence, sorry if i'm boring you

#10968 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Give it time you will score big im sure once you get the shots down. LE is harder then Pro since any shot that is a deathstar shot is alot harder on LE then Pro when the fork ramps up. Make sure your inner orbit shots are both not going SDTM on hard shots and adjust the outer orbit guides so they feed the flippers and not hit the slings and your set for the high speed flow of this game. I mean come on when you look at this game it looks sorta bare even on the LE but if you really examine the layout its set up for high speed fast pin action!

#10969 2 years ago

please, put me on your "ignore list", its easy & only 2 clicks away...

as i'm very sorry to say it, but late yesterday my son did beat again the wizard mode ! that's 3 time in just 2 days :/

have a nice sunday

#10970 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips guys . RipleYYY teach me the way of the force

#10971 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Thanks for the tips guys . RipleYYY teach me the way of the force

lol ! my son is the actual Jedi, as all my scores are being erased day after days...

ok, more serious, i feel SW not being hard once you understand the color code (orange+green+blue+purple for the 4 planets, white for boba fett, yellow for hyperspace, cyan for combos, and red for jackpots/t-fighters)

may be the 1st thing when discovering the pin (i also have to do it) is to study all 4 heros, and what is their personal force
also which planet are near to be finished (to the mini wizard), including the shoots you are easy with (to me the hardest remain the DS, as i think most of us)
in fact, reaching the mini wizard (multiball) often help you to easy get the t-fighter multiball, and also the hyperspace hurry up/multiball, all following/stacking

also, at the begining, simply forget about the 3 bank targets & the multiplicators, this is too hard to assimilate all in 1 pass
just play to advance in the game without the multiplicators
and only when you will be comfortable with the overall game, than add to it the multiplicator factor & the changing lane(s), this will of course send you to big scoring (dont be upset at first as you can't get big points without the multiplicator, the only key is to keep it alive in X20 or even better in X40)

that's how i see SW... but of course some others may see it from another way

#10972 2 years ago

Let go Luke....

20210606_104129 (resized).jpg20210606_104129 (resized).jpg
#10973 2 years ago

My hyperloop test. You can see how it misses an opto occasionally.

#10974 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lol ! my son is the actual Jedi, as all my scores are being erased day after days...
ok, more serious, i feel SW not being hard once you understand the color code (orange+green+blue+purple for the 4 planets, white for boba fett, yellow for hyperspace, cyan for combos, and red for jackpots/t-fighters)
may be the 1st thing when discovering the pin (i also have to do it) is to study all 4 heros, and what is their personal force
also which planet are near to be finished (to the mini wizard), including the shoots you are easy with (to me the hardest remain the DS, as i think most of us)
in fact, reaching the mini wizard (multiball) often help you to easy get the t-fighter multiball, and also the hyperspace hurry up/multiball, all following/stacking
also, at the begining, simply forget about the 3 bank targets & the multiplicators, this is too hard to assimilate all in 1 pass
just play to advance in the game without the multiplicators
and only when you will be comfortable with the overall game, than add to it the multiplicator factor & the changing lane(s), this will of course send you to big scoring (dont be upset at first as you can't get big points without the multiplicator, the only key is to keep it alive in X20 or even better in X40)
that's how i see SW... but of course some others may see it from another way

Thanks It’s fun learning the game

#10975 2 years ago

Sorry I’m new to this. I have some very fine scratches ( you can hardly see them ) on the play field. I’ve been researching but everyone has different methods. So do I — First Naptha , then novus 2 , then wax ?? Or can I just use novus 1, then 2 , then wax? I don’t have the naptha stuff. But I have everything else Appreciate the help. Thanks.

#10976 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Let go Luke....

Stay on target, stay on target....

#10977 2 years ago

New topper, $70 on Amazon

PXL_20210607_021305820 (resized).jpgPXL_20210607_021305820 (resized).jpg
#10978 2 years ago

That topper looks great howd you secure it?

#10979 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

That topper looks great howd you secure it?

Haven't yet. Going to see if I can find some strong magnets and either put them in the box or glue them to it. Don't really want to use want adhesive it Velcro, though that'd probably be easier lol.

#10980 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Haven't yet. Going to see if I can find some strong magnets and either put them in the box or glue them to it. Don't really want to use want adhesive it Velcro, though that'd probably be easier lol.

Why wouldn’t you use the mounting stern provided ?
Just make an adaptor plate.

#10981 2 years ago

Do you have link to this topper please?

#10983 2 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Do you have link to this topper please?

Quoted from Timerider:

Looks like this probably

Accurate!

Quoted from freddy:

Why wouldn’t you use the mounting stern provided ?
Just make an adaptor plate.

It's not nearly the width of that mounting and it's fairly lightweight. Would be a bit of over engineering on this one. I might just wind up using Velcro and deal with the adhesive glue remnants down the line if I remove it.

#10984 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

with shooting the 4 white inserts
and same when you're not playing with Han, you have to make combos (cyan color) to enable the white ones...

Got that mode a few times Sat night. Thanks.

#10985 2 years ago

There’s that clay ? It doesn’t leave any Residue and it worked pretty well.
You can get it at craft stores

Quoted from dapperdan24:

Accurate!

It's not nearly the width of that mounting and it's fairly lightweight. Would be a bit of over engineering on this one. I might just wind up using Velcro and deal with the adhesive glue remnants down the line if I remove it.

#10986 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Accurate!

Might I provide a shameless plug for something like this instead of velcro...should pull clean from the metal should you need to remove down the line. And these have better hold than velcro, I have a mirror up with these on a door currently.

https://www.amazon.com/Command-Picture-Decorate-Damage-Free-PH206-14NA/dp/B073XR4X72/ref=sr_1_5

#10987 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Might I provide a shameless plug for something like this instead of velcro...should pull clean from the metal should you need to remove down the line. And these have better hold than velcro, I have a mirror up with these on a door currently.
amazon.com link »

These are the best invention ever when it comes to hanging shit.

#10988 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

These are the best invention ever when it comes to hanging shit.

Wow, totally different experience than mine. We used them once for a photo wall. Nothing heavy, 4x6s, 5x7s, and a couple 8x10s. 2 pictures fell off the wall (and took a little paint with them). When decided to pull everything down to do some painting, 50% of them pulled paint off with them. Wall required a fair amount of prepping before we repainted, especially for something that bills itself as not damaging the paint.

#10989 2 years ago

This is what you want -
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JHKTDMA

#10990 2 years ago

I saw a photo in an ad a while back with a cool mirror blade design. I've never seen them anywhere else, so I'm making my own.

20210608_180005.jpg20210608_180005.jpg
#10991 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I saw a photo in an ad a while back with a cool mirror blade design. I've never seen them anywhere else, so I'm making my own.
[quoted image]

nice. Post some pics when they are done

#10992 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Let go Luke....
[quoted image]

Whoa! Do you have a Restraining Bolt installed on your pin so it doesn't wander off? BRILLIANT!

Restraining Bolt (resized).jpgRestraining Bolt (resized).jpg
#10993 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine never misses an opto but it says 0 balls with 1, 1 ball with 2, etc, so hyperspace multi ball won’t launch new balls even with 2 in there. I emailed Stern but crickets. Also the countdown from 5 works perfectly. One ball will count down one loop at a time, and two balls will count down twice. So why can’t it count up correctly?

#10994 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've been running into similar issues with the hyperloop. About 10% of the time the ball will not make it around the loop and out of the diverter (the ball drops down the DS) and 80% of the time putting a second ball into the hyperloop (in game) will result in both balls dropping out of the death star. It wasn't always like this, I was able to place 3 balls easily on many occasions without issue in the past. Readjusting the hyperloop rail, re-leveling the machine etc all seem to help for a while but eventually the consistency of the balls making it around the hyperloop drops.

When I've gone into the hyperloop accelerator test, my results are just like yours, the ball travels just fine but not all the accelerator optos/magnets(?) are registering. Just like your video, my 4 blue lights just under the LCD register fine, it's the optos/magnets 50-51-52-53 in the test that don't. Sometimes all of them do, sometimes 2 or 3 and sometimes just the one, but that might actually be normal, I'm not sure.

Quoted from spidey:

Mine never misses an opto but it says 0 balls with 1, 1 ball with 2, etc, so hyperspace multi ball won’t launch new balls even with 2 in there. I emailed Stern but crickets. Also the countdown from 5 works perfectly. One ball will count down one loop at a time, and two balls will count down twice. So why can’t it count up correctly?

Thanks for this. The more people that try this out the better informed we'll all be. For anyone that has zero issues with the hyperloop it would be helpful if you had a go at the test to see if the optos/magnets work all the time.

#10995 2 years ago

Man I was playing Star Wars last night it's such a great game. Not really sure I understand everything just yet. How are you guys putting up score in the billion point range that's crazy. What's the trick?

#10996 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Man I was playing Star Wars last night it's such a great game. Not really sure I understand everything just yet. How are you guys putting up score in the billion point range that's crazy. What's the trick?

Multipliers are the key if you are looking for high scoring.

#10997 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

Could you (or someone) provide link to video? I searched the forum, and I did find the image of the hyperloop adjustment (the lock nut). I've already ordered a digital angle guage, but I'm thinking hyperloop adjustment for sure now that I saw the previous message about adjustments.
Thanks!
--Dan M.

Bump.

#10998 2 years ago

Got my hyperloop working perfectly!
Balls were magnetized. Threw in 6new ones and hyperloop never failed all night.

#10999 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Got my hyperloop working perfectly!
Balls were magnetized. Threw in 6new ones and hyperloop never failed all night.

I don't see how that would affect it, but glad it's working.

#11000 2 years ago

Finally got to apply the vinyl I designed and had cut for my mirror blades. I'm very pleased with how they turned out. I can't install them until I get my hinges back from the powdercoat guy.

20210612_010011.jpg20210612_010011.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/220?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.