20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 300.
#10901 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Hopefully your game is the "spare parts" theory someone above suggested. I was in line to get a new Comic Prem in the upcoming run, but alas, the upcoming run is the movie art. Comic has been retired.
When I found out the Comic was no longer being made, I jumped on a really nice used Comic Prem that I paid a pretty high price for. Fun game, but not really worth the price (for me) that I paid for it. It came with the official topper that I will probably sell to offset the overall cost of the machine. I kinda hate toppers anyway. That said, I like the Comic art much better than the movie art, so still glad I did it. And hyperspace multiball is a total BLAST! (Except I suck getting extra balls in there.)

They said comic art again but now I’m concerned even though the confirmed. I only want the comic one so I’d decline the movie one. You can still get those in the 6s used but I like the idea of having the comic next to mando

#10902 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I can backhand the DS on the Premium from a cradled position. I am no pinball tournament player either.

On a regular basis or something like 1 in 10?

#10903 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I can backhand the DS on the Premium from a cradled position. I am no pinball tournament player either.

Are you able to share a picture of your flipper positions? I'm wondering if my flippers are resting a little low. I'm not the best player, but I can hit hittable shots *sometimes*. Backhanding the DS with the fork up is not hittable on my machine. It doesn't have the umph to get up and hold.

#10904 2 years ago

For those folks recently joining the club, check out this tutorial. It's on older code, but the basics hold true. Watching this helped me understand how to take advantage of multipliers without over thinking it, as well as how to add-a-ball during multiball.

#10905 2 years ago

Is there a way to adjust that scoop on the right? When it kicks the ball out it goes right down middle.

#10906 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Is there a way to adjust that scoop on the right? When it kicks the ball out it goes right down middle.

There's a setting to adjust the power. You could raise it to try and get it to the left flipper, or reduce it to aim for the right.
You can also set a ball save, which will give you a ball if the scoop kills you. Doesn't activate during multiball but all other times it can save you.

#10907 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

They said comic art again but now I’m concerned even though the confirmed. I only want the comic one so I’d decline the movie one. You can still get those in the 6s used but I like the idea of having the comic next to mando

A few months ago is when I was told there was one more Comic Prem run this spring, but I reached out 5-7 distributors, and they all told me movie art only. Hopefully your game works out.

#10908 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

On a regular basis or something like 1 in 10?

About 40%. It is definitely doable.

#10909 2 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Are you able to share a picture of your flipper positions? I'm wondering if my flippers are resting a little low. I'm not the best player, but I can hit hittable shots *sometimes*. Backhanding the DS with the fork up is not hittable on my machine. It doesn't have the umph to get up and hold.

Standard flipper positions. They point to the divots in the playfield when at rest. Also normal coil strength settings.

#10910 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Standard flipper positions. They point to the divots in the playfield when at rest. Also normal coil strength settings.

I didn't think you could adjust coil strength in this game. It skips over where those adjustments typically are in other stern machines.

#10911 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I didn't think you could adjust coil strength in this game. It skips over where those adjustments typically are in other stern machines.

I wondered about this too. Didn't see any options for coil strength.

#10912 2 years ago

Also wish the adjustment to prevent starting a game from the action button was there like in other Sterns. Sick and tired of unintentional game starts.

#10913 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Also wish the adjustment to prevent starting a game from the action button was there like in other Sterns. Sick and tired of unintentional game starts.

I'm pretty sure that is an option...

#10914 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I'm pretty sure that is an option...

I went through all settings twice. It ain't there.

#10915 2 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

There's a setting to adjust the power. You could raise it to try and get it to the left flipper, or reduce it to aim for the right.
You can also set a ball save, which will give you a ball if the scoop kills you. Doesn't activate during multiball but all other times it can save you.

Thanks, a lot of games you are able to adjust the curve of the metal guide but I don't see an adjustment on this game. Didn't know you could adjust the power of the coil.

#10916 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

About 40%. It is definitely doable.

Okay same here, maybe only 30% for me though.

#10917 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It must be, mine is turned off

#10918 2 years ago

overall replies (talking about last 1.10 code) :

there's a power adjustment for the tatooine scoop
and also about the action button to remove the "start a game"

#10919 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Quoted from finnflash:

It must be, mine is turned off

Quoted from RipleYYY:

overall replies (talking about last 1.10 code) :
there's a power adjustment for the tatooine scoop
and also about the action button to remove the "start a game"

Ugggh. I guess I was looking with my "man eyes" as my gf would say. Found it under setting #80 (SW)

#10920 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

This was happening to me. About 50% of the time. I couldn't even get a piece of that ball as it jetted right down between the flippers. I found a setting somewhere, called "right eject" or something similar. I adjusted this down quite a bit. Don't remember the actual value. But maybe like 30 or something like that. It bounces out down to right flipper or the right triangle bumper thingy (sorry, not up on the lingo).

-- Suppose I should read ahead first... Seems like this was answered! Good luck.

--Dan M.

#10921 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

This was happening to me. About 50% of the time. I couldn't even get a piece of that ball as it jetted right down between the flippers. I found a setting somewhere, called "right eject" or something similar. I adjusted this down quite a bit. Don't remember the actual value. But maybe like 30 or something like that. It bounces out down to right flipper or the right triangle bumper thingy (sorry, not up on the lingo).
-- Suppose I should read ahead first... Seems like this was answered! Good luck.
--Dan M.

There is also a ball save feature for the scoop that can be turned on. Wish there was one for the deathstar. 50% of the feeds from the deathstar(when starting mission) are STDM for me.

#10922 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

There is also a ball save feature for the scoop that can be turned on. Wish there was one for the deathstar. 50% of the feeds from the deathstar(when starting mission) are STDM for me.

Mine won't when coming down from the mission start, but if I rip a fast one into Hoth that thing is SDTM every single time.
Crazy how a guide shifting a millimeter results in the ball being savable or SDTM.

#10923 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

--Dan M.

Thanks, yeah mine does that now. Goes right between the flippers and you have no chance of saving it.

#10924 2 years ago

All of these Tatooine, Death Star, and Hoth issues can be fixed by adjusting or carefully bending your lane guides. Search through this thread as it's been discussed multiple times. The game plays super sweet with almost no cheap drains when set-up well. It does take some effort...more than most games...but it's worth it in the end.

#10925 2 years ago

My only SDTM grievance is that on occasion (maybe ¼ of the time) when I hit the left orbit and it activates the hyper loop, it'll go all the way around the top and SDTM. At blinding speeds.

#10927 2 years ago
Quoted from blardo:

I’m looking to get a pro (since i was too late in getting a comic premium). This game is totaly my style, fast and fun. Does anyone make wire form mods for the pro to replace the plastic ball returns? Haven’t been able to find them.

If you ever find some post it, I’ve been thinking about the same thing

#10928 2 years ago
Quoted from Flancrest_ent:

If you ever find some post it, I’ve been thinking about the same thing

I'm no "Know it all," but no. No wire form has ever been done.

#10929 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

--Dan M.

That did the trick to adjust the power of the coil. Thanks!

#10930 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

All of these Tatooine, Death Star, and Hoth issues can be fixed by adjusting or carefully bending your lane guides. Search through this thread as it's been discussed multiple times. The game plays super sweet with almost no cheap drains when set-up well. It does take some effort...more than most games...but it's worth it in the end.

There's only 10.929 posts to go through.. Now 10,930..

#10931 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

There's only 10.929 posts to go through.. Now 10,930..

It's a big thread, but there is also that handy search thread feature.

That said, I looked through my own posts as I know I have given a few pointers over the years. I'm sure there are many other posts from others with better advice, but here are a few of my old posts to get you started. Some of these may be a little out of context as they were parts of conversations, but hopefully they help.

First thing first though...make sure your machine is perfectly level and I would at least start right at 6.5 deg. You can always tweak pitch to your liking later, but always start with it set-up as intended when trying to make things work right. It's a huge pet peeve when someone complains about shots not working right and you find out they are running at 7-8+ deg. Always at least start with the designers intent.

Here are some copy/pastes of my old posts:

After leveling and getting the slope right, you still might have to adjust the lane guides on the loop and the orbits, and also the Tatooine scoop. Make sure the guides are tightened down well too...mine were a bit loose from the factory making the shots inconsistent. Also make sure none of the targets are leaning far enough to interfere with the ball travel, and check the roll-under switch gate at the Death Star entrance and the left spinner to make sure they are not affecting the ball. My machine needed a TON of tweaking, most of any game I have had other than Avengers. It's worth it though...once it's dialed in it is a super fun machine and it has needed very little additional tweaking once it was done. Good luck!

-----------

Some of it will honestly be trial and error. The first thing to check is make sure the lane guides are actually tight. Stern has had a nasty habit lately of not tightening posts and guides down well from the factory. If your guide is slightly loose and has some give, that could be enough to mess up the ball flow. If that's all good, before actually bending, loosen the mounting screws/nuts and see if there is any play in them. When re-tightening, put some pressure on the guide in the direction you want it to go to see if you can get it to snug up a hair in that direction. Sometimes that's enough. If you have to bend the end of your lane guide, do it carefully to not scratch it up or crack the mounts. And remember a very small amount can make a big difference.

Left inner loop (Death Star) should feed clean to the right flipper. Right inner loop (Hoth) should feed clean to the left flipper. If memory serves, there was much discussion about that early on, and that info came from Steve Ritchie himself (at least I think it did....fuzzy memory and too lazy to dig it up now). If you look at the geometry, you can see that is how it was designed to work.

------------

It is definitely possible that the overall shape is distorted a bit. In this case I would loosen the entire guide, make sure none of the attachment points are stressed, twisted, bent, or pulling it in the wrong direction, then tighten it back down. Also make sure the welds on the attachment points are good. I had a bad one which actually broke when tightening mine (not overtightened...it was partially broken already) and I had to replace the entire guide. With the bad weld, I do not think my original one ever could have been adjusted right. My new one was perfect with very little adjustment. So that is something to watch for too.

------------

Just remember that very small changes make a big difference. If you are bending anything so far you can't get it back in place, it's WAY too much. You likely do not need to remove the guide. Just loosen the mounting points, then push on the rails a little bit in the direction you want to change as you tighten them back up. In one case I found that from the factory my rail was tightened down with some tension that deformed them a bit. Once I loosened the nuts, the rail "sprung back" into shape, then all I had to do was tighten them back down. A little bit will do...a 1 mm in either direction is probably all you need! Good luck!

-------------

Adjust your rails. Not very hard to do, but it's one of those things you have to feel out yourself to see which direction and how far you need to go. Lots of info in this thread if you dig a bit. Even when adjusted perfectly you might still have a random drain from them, but you should be able to get it 99% good. Mine took a LOT of tweaking, but was well worth it in the end. It could be as simple as them not being tightened properly, they might have some tension on them deflecting the geometry a bit, or they may need to actually be bent a bit. Remember a little goes a long way. Good luck!

-------------

Hope this helps someone a little! Good luck!

#10932 2 years ago

I did a search and couldn't find an answer:

I only have a dozen or so games on my machine, so I haven't seen the Death Star blow up yet. But I was pretty sure there was a test to see what it does. I found the test in the service menu, but all it did was count down, no matter if I hit select or +/-. Do you have to roll a ball through, or is there something else I'm missing?

#10933 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I did a search and couldn't find an answer:
I only have a dozen or so games on my machine, so I haven't seen the Death Star blow up yet. But I was pretty sure there was a test to see what it does. I found the test in the service menu, but all it did was count down, no matter if I hit select or +/-. Do you have to roll a ball through, or is there something else I'm missing?

Was the coin door closed when you ran the test? It needs to be. You can also pull the kill switch on the door out. One or the other needs to be done to enable the high voltage needed for the test.

#10934 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Was the coin door closed when you ran the test? It needs to be. You can also pull the kill switch on the door out. One or the other needs to be done to enable the high voltage needed for the test.

I thought of that, and pulled it out the second time I tried. When I get back home, I'll try again, starting with that.

#10935 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Wait....am I missing something? My Star Wars Pro doesn't have an interlock switch. My other Spike's do, but not Star Wars. I believe mine is an early run so I am curious if they changed that.

#10936 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Wait....am I missing something? My Star Wars Pro doesn't have an interlock switch. My other Spike's do, but not Star Wars. I believe mine is an early run so I am curious if they changed that.

Stern removed them for a short time, but have since put them back in.

#10937 2 years ago

Playing tonight. Hit some solid shots up the death star for the hyperloop, but it didn't fling the ball around at its usual speed.
What causes that?
Actually winds up draining because it doesn't make it back up the loop and I have a mode to select. Flippers don't work during that.

Edit. Last few hyperloops have worked properly. Not sure why a few didn't.

Edit: it stopped making it around the hyperloop again.

#10938 2 years ago

Definitely a code issue, based on your description. Are you running the latest code? Maybe try a reset or if possible a new SD card.

#10939 2 years ago

Just got back from the 450 mile round trip to pick up a Pro. Is there a short list of adjustments to cut down on the most common unfair causes of drains? Also, is there anyway to cut down the intensity of the shaker? I found the shaker frequency adjustment, but nothing for intensity, besides shutting it off.

#10940 2 years ago

Anyone try blue Titans instead of clear? I've found lots of photos of clear everywhere with blue bats, but nothing else other than a comic with glow-in-the-dark (which looked cool).

#10941 2 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

Just got back from the 450 mile round trip to pick up a Pro. Is there a short list of adjustments to cut down on the most common unfair causes of drains? Also, is there anyway to cut down the intensity of the shaker? I found the shaker frequency adjustment, but nothing for intensity, besides shutting it off.

You can take the shaker out, and move one of the weights 90 degrees from it's current position.

#10942 2 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

Most unfair drains are caused by poor leveling or lane guides that need to be adjusted. Please see my post just a few posts up for some pointers on adjusting them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/219#post-6305699

#10943 2 years ago

Still having intermittent issues with the hyperloop not making full loops.
Any ideas what to check?
On latest code. Playfield level and 6.5 deg.

#10944 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Still having intermittent issues with the hyperloop not making full loops.
Any ideas what to check?
On latest code. Playfield level and 6.5 deg.

Have you tried it in diagnostic mode then? Check the pilot leds to make sure that the magnets are all working. Maybe a loose connection if not code.

#10945 2 years ago

New to club! Just paid for my comic pro. Where do I find this mod Armada Star Destroyer? Thanks Harley D.

#10946 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Anyone try blue Titans instead of clear? I've found lots of photos of clear everywhere with blue bats, but nothing else other than a comic with glow-in-the-dark (which looked cool).

Yes. I have blue Titans on my premium. Will take some pics later.

* edit.... pictures added

4C2442F7-5250-4418-BED5-ADF4CE42D826.jpeg4C2442F7-5250-4418-BED5-ADF4CE42D826.jpeg7327240B-65AC-4D4B-9EA6-BC6AC68122E5.jpeg7327240B-65AC-4D4B-9EA6-BC6AC68122E5.jpeg737DE4DE-720F-40E1-8437-96B9146DFEF7.jpeg737DE4DE-720F-40E1-8437-96B9146DFEF7.jpeg
#10947 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Yes. I have blue Titans on my premium. Will take some pics later.
* edit.... pictures added
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for taking the time to upload photos.

#10948 2 years ago

Turned on my game today to find the lcd on the play field is out. Checked the four plugs into the node boards and the one in the back of the screen and all seem fine. Anyone else have this issue?

#10949 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Turned on my game today to find the lcd on the play field is out. Checked the four plugs into the node boards and the one in the back of the screen and all seem fine. Anyone else have this issue?

I just brought mine home and had same issue. I reseated the hdmi and the main board to fix it. Although mine had just traveled 3 hours, so was within reason as to why

#10950 2 years ago

Looking for MISSING WORLDS MODs, I don’t have a 3d printer but would like to add the set. Looking for the pro version.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/219?hl=antennaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.