20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 300.
#10701 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm not familiar with the mech (I had a pro), but many times a buzz from a coil can be caused by a slightly loose coil stop. Check to make sure the coil stop (and the rest of the mech for that matter) is nice and tight.

Everything seems tight. I think the coil is Coil - 32-1800, which I guess is magnetic. In the diagnostics menu when I test it, its just a momentary test.

#10702 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

which I guess is magnetic

What do you mean by that?

#10703 2 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

What do you mean by that?

I'm just trying to understand how things work, so I can understand current and future problems. I have no idea how coils actually operate.

#10704 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

I'm just trying to understand how things work, so I can understand current and future problems. I have no idea how coils actually operate.

https://boingboing.net/2018/05/23/how-do-pinball-machine-solenoi.html

#10706 2 years ago

Anybody thinking about getting Mando?

#10707 2 years ago

I am. Already sold my Star Wars. Hate to see it go but this is the way.

#10708 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Anybody thinking about getting Mando?

Probably pick it up with my December bonus.

#10709 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

my December bonus.

Be careful...

thumb_gets-christmas-bonus-jelly-of-the-month-club-memegenerator-net-clark-52608027 (resized).pngthumb_gets-christmas-bonus-jelly-of-the-month-club-memegenerator-net-clark-52608027 (resized).png
#10710 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Be careful...
[quoted image]

Lolololol...I would rage just like Clark too!

#10711 2 years ago

I haven't played pinball since i was a kid, 40 years ago. But I've wanted one for s long time, so i picked up a premium Star Wars.

While i love the aesthetic, and even the pay, I've been really bummed about one aspect of the game most: the left outlane is VERY hungry, and there's no finessing your way out. It makes it difficult to learn how to even pay the game when you're in the middle of doing some task and it goes out the left... It's almost unenjoyable for me -- I'm essential a complete novice, but this seems like something you have no control over.

I did see someone post a picture of a 3d part that protrudes out a bit too reduce the frequency of the losing the ball out that way.

What is the general thought on this? Does anyone have the file to print this extended post?

--Dan M.

#10712 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

I haven't played pinball since i was a kid, 40 years ago. But I've wanted one for s long time, so i picked up a premium Star ... but this seems like something you have no control over...
--Dan M.

dont close the outlane...
and yes you are right, as i noticed it too when i got the pin
its because in fact the plate is not a piece of wood there, but this is metal (well on my PRO), that means absolutly 0 rebound
i've added a small square of soft plastic (its 1mm width), with double face, like this the outlane remain open as intended (well -1mm) and you can now nudge and play pinball like... a pinball (in my case TILT is set sensitive)
as it, you didnt feel the frustration you describe above (even if this pin is still eating balls a lot lol)

#10713 2 years ago

I continue to have problems with my hyperspace loop where it doesn't keep correct count of the balls in the loop. When I go into the test mode, if I put one ball in the loop, it says the count is 0. When I have 2 balls in the loop, it says the count is 1. When I have 3 balls in the loop, it says the count is 2. The effect of this is that in a game, when I start hyperspace mb and put the second ball in the loop, the countdown just continues until it runs out, and I only get a 2 ball mb. Any ideas of what the problem is? I took a video in case that helps but it's just what I described. All 4 optos in the track appear to register every time.

#10714 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

I haven't played pinball since i was a kid, 40 years ago. But I've wanted one for s long time, so i picked up a premium Star Wars.
While i love the aesthetic, and even the pay, I've been really bummed about one aspect of the game most: the left outlane is VERY hungry, and there's no finessing your way out. It makes it difficult to learn how to even pay the game when you're in the middle of doing some task and it goes out the left... It's almost unenjoyable for me -- I'm essential a complete novice, but this seems like something you have no control over.
I did see someone post a picture of a 3d part that protrudes out a bit too reduce the frequency of the losing the ball out that way.
What is the general thought on this? Does anyone have the file to print this extended post?
--Dan M.

I added the extended post. Bought it here on pinside. No regrets. The game is so fast and the inner loops often return straight down the middle, so we still aren't blowing up the scores. We aren't competitive players, we just want to have fun playing. Making the outlane tighter makes it possible for us to get to some of the modes we wouldn't see othwise. I recommend it if you want to reduce some of the frustrating drains.

#10715 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

Yeah I designed this for my own machine after a lot of trial and error getting it just long enough to stop some of the really cheap looping drains, but remain open enough to still lose the ball on the left about equally to the right. It's basically equal with the middle post position only it sticks out further. I had it on my machine for months before I put them on my pinside shop. I'm a decent player and this helps me have more fun playing the game. To me that is all that counts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/04886-star-wars-left-outlane-

Whether or not that is for you, maybe pick up one of my seizure warning cover decals for your SW! I like the speeder picture but most people seem to like the Yoda Free Play decal.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/05005-free-play-apron-decal-star-wars

20210221_212958 (resized).jpg20210221_212958 (resized).jpg20210413_223432 (resized).jpg20210413_223432 (resized).jpg
#10716 2 years ago

The ball lock rod on the left that pops up fast, can someone give me a link to a replacement that is built better? Seen it on a post before but cant find it. On pinball life?

#10717 2 years ago

Playing last night and middle ramp on my premium began to kick back some shots. Never had it happen before. Was acting as if there was something there. When I took the glass off it was all normal. Anybody have an issue like this. ?

#10718 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

--Dan M.

Had the same issue with mine and candidly, for my home use pins, I can't stand unforgiving outlanes and have no shame in beefing them up so I can enjoy the game more. Marco sells a Gottlieb double-wide siamese post that I put on my left outlane and angled it to be more forgiving and block the opening a little more. You'll have a play with the angle of the post because it's a pretty tight fit up against the wall but once you get it angled, works really well. I've also taken a foam ball from one of my kids foam ball shooters and drilled a hole through it and popped it right over the post to block some of it. Purest can be disgusted but I want to enjoy my game and minimizing the outlane drains makes it more fun.

Here is the link for the Gottlieb siamese posts
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C

Hope this helps.

#10719 2 years ago

Thanks for the posts on this problem of mine with the outlane. I hate the idea of modifying the original design/intent, but I'm only looking to enjoy at home, and the kids are definitely frustrated and don't enjoy it as-is. I might try and design my own post to 3D-Print something that works like the "siamese" double post, or John_I's custom part.

--Dan M.

#10720 2 years ago

The Gottlieb Siamese post has an equivalent on thingiverse already. Or I believe the Stern style is there as well and could be duplicated and merged in tinkercad...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3486130

#10721 2 years ago

I compromise by using star posts on the more brutal games. (Not as wide as a double siamese, but wider than the thin post that Stern uses)

I've not had to go to a double star post yet.
Iron Man (both outlanes) and Star Wars (left outlane) are where I used them. I am considering the right outlane of Stranger Things.

#10722 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

but wider than the thin post that Stern uses)

The wider post will fit in Star Wars but just barely enough room to the rail on the left. You struggle to get the rubber in!

#10723 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The wider post will fit in Star Wars but just barely enough room to the rail on the left. You struggle to get the rubber in!

It was a snug fit. But it is fine.

20210510_180430 (resized).jpg20210510_180430 (resized).jpg
#10724 2 years ago

I did a thing over the weekend:

20210507_112342 (resized).jpg20210507_112342 (resized).jpg20210507_112741 (resized).jpg20210507_112741 (resized).jpg20210507_123248 (resized).jpg20210507_123248 (resized).jpg
#10725 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

It was a snug fit. But it is fine.[quoted image]

Let us know the difference in game play!

#10726 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Let us know the difference in game play!

Audits show that my left outlane drains are now about the same as my right outlane. I tried another solution (that was on this thread) but I basically got very, very few left outlane drains with that. So I went back to my tried and true star post. (I put these on my Iron Man about 10 years ago).

#10727 2 years ago

My Hoth ball lock posts aren’t coming up. As in I light Hoth and hit the right loop over and over and it makes no attempt to stop the ball. Is this (hopefully) an easy fix?

#10728 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

My Hoth ball lock posts aren’t coming up. As in I light Hoth and hit the right loop over and over and it makes no attempt to stop the ball. Is this (hopefully) an easy fix?

First thing you need to do is to track down which switch is not registering. The gate switch or the optos at the back of the loop.

Pull the glass, pop a ball, go into switch test mode and move the ball with your hand through that loop. Watch the screen to see which switch was (or was not) triggered. (They are 35, 36 and 37 on the Pro manual)

If you don't know how to do any of this, check back in and we can guide you through it.

#10729 2 years ago

Just joined the owners club, got a prem in yesterday! Soliciting additional feedback after scrolling previous threads on player's favorite mods for the game, if any! I've slapped in some art blades and am looking at adding the action button bezel and the small screen decal, any others that are must-haves? Thanks all!

#10730 2 years ago

Maybe the Star Wars website was an hour early? Stern still doesn't have the page up on their site.

(edit) wrong SW thread

#10731 2 years ago
Quoted from SpectreJ:

Just joined the owners club, got a prem in yesterday! Soliciting additional feedback after scrolling previous threads on player's favorite mods for the game, if any! I've slapped in some art blades and am looking at adding the action button bezel and the small screen decal, any others that are must-haves? Thanks all!

Stick in a shaker and call it good.

#10732 2 years ago
Quoted from SpectreJ:

The Armada Star Destroyer is a must if you ask me. Also, look on the Modcouple site for some cool mods including the radar dishes for the spot lights. Subwoofer really adds to the sound in this game too.

#10733 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The Armada Star Destroyer is a must if you ask me. Also, look on the Modcouple site for some cool mods including the radar dishes for the spot lights. Subwoofer really adds to the sound in this game too.

I've done a few mods. So far, my favorite is the clear force drop targets with color matched led strips behind them. (blue and red). I have pics a few posts up. I did these myself. I also have my armor at the powdercoater and hoping I get it back by the end of this week.

A subwoofer (IMO) is a must for every pin. I have subwoofers on all of my pins. I had a collection of subwoofers on all of my pins. I recently tried one of these:
https://www.adorama.com/kpr12sw.html?sdtid=14976494&emailprice=t&sterm=2bNzpqRNzxyLR2JwUx0Mo389UkB2w%3AwJR1GpTc0&utm_source=rflaid62905

It was a huge upgrade over my previous subwoofer(s). (I had a Polk PSW10, a Klipsch 8", a Velodyne VX-10s, some Infiniti). It is only $149 (+tax) delivered. So I bought 4 more for my other pins. I have 4 pins but will bump back up to 5 soon. (Mando???)

#10734 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

First thing you need to do is to track down which switch is not registering. The gate switch or the optos at the back of the loop.
Pull the glass, pop a ball, go into switch test mode and move the ball with your hand through that loop. Watch the screen to see which switch was (or was not) triggered. (They are 35, 36 and 37 on the Pro manual)
If you don't know how to do any of this, check back in and we can guide you through it.

Thank you for the advice. I did the test and all switches registered, seems maybe I was just having a glitch last night as I shot through the right loop several times without the post coming up, all seems to be good now!

#10735 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Thank you for the advice. I did the test and all switches registered, seems maybe I was just having a glitch last night as I shot through the right loop several times without the post coming up, all seems to be good now!

Awesome! It is nice when everything works.

#10736 2 years ago

Couldn't wait to get something, so I just mocked up my own an 3d printed it. Will probably redo in blue or white petg.

Although it looks tight, it still drains out that left side and still more than on right side. In the end, it's much more enjoyable for me and they family, and the kids especially.

--Dan M

59D16704-A532-4A20-B59A-E13E3BC03D4E (resized).jpeg59D16704-A532-4A20-B59A-E13E3BC03D4E (resized).jpegCD82A41B-3861-4676-B49C-31257B078D4A (resized).jpegCD82A41B-3861-4676-B49C-31257B078D4A (resized).jpeg
#10737 2 years ago

And that’s what’s most important, the kids being happy!

Gotta get the next generation hooked as well.

The outlane drains annoy me too, but I’m just leaving things as is. I don’t have any kids, so the only one that gets frustrated is me, and the Mrs. sometimes.

#10738 2 years ago

Here's a new question:

Now that I'm able to last a few rounds, I find myself a little confused over the gameplay. Is there an official/unofficial guide that describes how to progress through missions and unlock different modes? Google search produced a list with some strats, but I have a hard time visualizing. I've seen a few gameplay / strategy videos that describe some things, but it would be interesting to see each mission described using an image of the playfield so you could know visually what you're shooting for. I get so focused on trying to keep the ball in play that I can't even pay attention to the back display or the millions of flashing lights, trying to find the purple lights when there's blues and lost of other lights flashing.

Really enjoying the game now though. Even if I'm can't fully figure things out yet. Thanks!

--Dan M.

#10739 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

...it would be interesting to see each mission described using an image of the playfield so you could know visually what you're shooting for....

While not showing pictures of the playfield, the link below might help you visualize the shots in each mission.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/122#post-4709781

At first glance it can look way more complicated in this graph format than it really is but it should help.

#10740 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

While not showing pictures of the playfield, the link below might help you visualize the shots in each mission.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/122#post-4709781
At first glance it can look way more complicated in this graph format than it really is but it should help.

This is very helpful. It's strange that there isn't something official that describes how to play the games. But like so many video games as well, there's no incentive to create the guides. If only there were millions of pinball players out there, that it would support something like a "prima guides" type of book > Thanks!

--Dan M.

#10741 2 years ago

There's hope! My Prem that's been ordered months ago is being shipped from Stern tomorrow. Hopefully it makes its way to me by the end of next week. Long time waiting for that one!

#10742 2 years ago
Quoted from frood1168:

Here's a new question:
Now that I'm able to last a few rounds, I find myself a little confused over the gameplay. Is there an official/unofficial guide that describes how to progress through missions and unlock different modes? Google search produced a list with some strats, but I have a hard time visualizing. I've seen a few gameplay / strategy videos that describe some things, but it would be interesting to see each mission described using an image of the playfield so you could know visually what you're shooting for. I get so focused on trying to keep the ball in play that I can't even pay attention to the back display or the millions of flashing lights, trying to find the purple lights when there's blues and lost of other lights flashing.
Really enjoying the game now though. Even if I'm can't fully figure things out yet. Thanks!
--Dan M.

Tilt Forums is a great source for rulesheets on many modern games:
http://tiltforums.com/t/star-wars-stern-rulesheet/2812

#10743 2 years ago

well, just play it a few days, and you got it easily, the game/code is not deep (but really fun as it, dont misunderstood me)

the only things you have to know (because sometimes a lot is blinking on a same insert) is the color code :

blue : hoth mode
orange :tatooine
green : andor
purple : death star

than :

red : t-fighter & jackpot on main shoots when in multiball
yellow : hyperspace hurry up
cyan : combos
white : boba fett

and you've done

in jedi multiball & light saber duel easy to understand what to shoot

#10744 2 years ago

My 1st NIB arrived today, Sold my Pro and bought the Premium to replace it! Couldn't be happier.

20210512_134708 (resized).jpg20210512_134708 (resized).jpg20210512_200207 (resized).jpg20210512_200207 (resized).jpg20210512_195021 (resized).jpg20210512_195021 (resized).jpg
#10745 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

My 1st NIB arrived today, Sold my Pro and bought the Premium to replace it! Couldn't be happier.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Congrats!! Can’t wait to join the club next week.

#10746 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Mystery awards used to be boring but now it's fun watching the R2 topper. Lots of great action in the game as well.

#10747 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Welcome to the SW Upgrade Club inside the club!

I did exactly the same as you - I also couldn't be happier.

#10748 2 years ago

for those usual for long time with the pin, what was the default setting to get an extra ball (code 1.10)

- after having played modes : 5 or 7 ? quite sure i've read it here but...
- and collecting how much t-fighter ?

here, its set on factory, and than these 2 settings are in AUTO, that means 10 modes & 100 t-fighters, its a bit high when i have some visitors not being pinball players...

#10749 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

for those usual for long time with the pin, what was the default setting to get an extra ball (code 1.10)
- after having played modes : 5 or 7 ? quite sure i've read it here but...
- and collecting how much t-fighter ?
here, its set on factory, and than these 2 settings are in AUTO, that means 10 modes & 100 t-fighters, its a bit high when i have some visitors not being pinball players...

Prior to code 1.10 the default missions you needed to complete to light an extra ball was 5. Now when set to Auto it changes from game to game automatically. I saw it increase from 5, 7 and then 9 before I decided to set it back to 5 manually. It looks like it has something to do with how well you're playing, maybe the average score on the machine or how often per game you achieve an EB.

The EB from destroying TIE Fighters on my machine prior to 1.10 was 90 by default. Since 1.10 it would fluctuate, often I'd notice it would award the EB at around the 92 TIE Fighters destroyed mark.

#10750 2 years ago

After a couple requests for the STL files I used for my outlane post mod, I thought I'd put my version up on thingiverse to share with those folks who had a 3D printer to print them. Since they are already there, I figured I would share with anyone who wanted to try them out. I used an fdm printer, but a resin printer with a non brittle type resin (abs-like, or 'resilient') should work.

There are 9 different models with the post position set at multiple spots. The one in my pics is probably the most aggressive at 22mm from left wall, and 2mm up from bottom hole. The least aggressive is 12mm from left wall and 12mm up from bottom hole. They are spaced at offsets of 5mm from those positions.

I could easily modify if someone had a specific request.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4857256

--Dan M.
5F751D7C-D75E-4CBB-ACD3-88968B37BF40 (resized).jpeg5F751D7C-D75E-4CBB-ACD3-88968B37BF40 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
13,700 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/215?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.