SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 302.
#10651 2 years ago

So what paths do you guys usually take with the game? I'm trying to avoid using r2/han every time and going for death star/endor right away. What are some cool paths/strategies to take with these or other characters?

#10652 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So what paths do you guys usually take with the game? I'm trying to avoid using r2/han every time and going for death star/endor right away. What are some cool paths/strategies to take with these or other characters?

Great question, interested in what others that are better than I do for strategy. I've been bouncing around, but usually have my best scoring games using Han and going for Hoth and Tatooine first, leaving DS and Endor if I last that long!

#10653 2 years ago

Han - Endor 1st
R2 - Death Star 1st
Leia - Tatooine 1st
Luke - Hoth 1st

Then stay alive as long as possible! My goal is usually just trying for a Victory Multiball and anything more is bonus. Going to be a long long time before I get to the Emperor I think.

#10654 2 years ago

well, after 1.5 week on this pin, i'm not sure there's a "good" or "bad" path, as the only objective (for big points) is the multiplicator ONLY !
keep this at X20 (or even better X40), and you've done the hardest

of course, if you're asking the easiest way to go to WM (while just forgeting points), than i dont know
think i have 3 diff heros for the top scores i've done (13B 11B 9B)on my SW, i'll have to check...

#10655 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i have 3 diff heros for the top scores i've done (13B 11B 9B)on my SW, i'll have to check...

Man, speaking of checking scores, I'm bummed. I had a killer game about 6 months ago on my Premium where I scored between 12-13 billion setting my best G.C score ever. Then the code update came and I lost all my high scores and so far I've only been able to get back to a 7-8 billion G.C. score. LOL, I guess I gotta just keep playing right?

#10656 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Man, speaking of checking scores, I'm bummed. I had a killer game about 6 months ago on my Premium where I scored between 12-13 billion setting my best G.C score ever. Then the code update came and I lost all my high scores and so far I've only been able to get back to a 7-8 billion G.C. score. LOL, I guess I gotta just keep playing right?

well, i'm not usual with SW, but seems that 7-8 B is already more than nice
also not sure how the pin was before with older codes (easier ? harder ?), while there're some really big ones here on the score section

#10657 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, i'm not usual with SW, but seems that 7-8 B is already more than nice
also not sure how the pin was before with older codes (easier ? harder ?), while there're some really big ones here on the score section

Speaking of code updates...I've had my pro for a few months which came with 1.05. I've never updated to 1.10, is it really that different or worth the update? I suppose there's pages of posts when the latest code came out, I'm just being lazy and not searching

#10658 2 years ago
Quoted from Flancrest_ent:

Speaking of code updates...I've had my pro for a few months which came with 1.05. I've never updated to 1.10, is it really that different or worth the update? I suppose there's pages of posts when the latest code came out, I'm just being lazy and not searching

I believe it updated the system to now have DJ mode and it keeps track of lifetime plays.
I'm sure there was some game play bug fixes, but I dont remember.

#10659 2 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Exciting times, after over 3 months I made it to the Emperor last night. With all of the add-a-balls it seemed relatively easy, and a little anti-climactic. But it was great to finally see the end.
However, once I selected a new character, it seemed like "Extra Ball" was permanently lit. I hit it a few times, and it stayed lit the entire time. I let the "extra" extra balls drain, because I didn't think it was really fair and had been playing for quite a while by then. Has anybody encountered this? Does it sound like a glitch?

Bumping this post from the bottom of previous page.

Same thing happened again tonight. Got to Emperor and won, then Extra Ball is permanently lit. Every time I hit the left ramp after with my second character it holds the ball and does the Extra Ball animation. But it only let me play 2 extra balls, I think.

Anyone heard of this?

#10660 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I am sticking with R2 & Han. Partially because my son plays as Luke and my wife as Leia, and I don't want to take over ALL the high scores...

But I start with Tatooine & Death Star. Those are harder shots for me to hit to trigger a mission, so I try to get those out of the way first. Not a "cool" strategy, but it's what I do.

#10661 2 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Same thing happened again tonight. Got to Emperor and won, then Extra Ball is permanently lit. Every time I hit the left ramp after with my second character it holds the ball and does the Extra Ball animation. But it only let me play 2 extra balls, I think.
Anyone heard of this?

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this either. We may not get many more updates so please let Stern know if you are experiencing any bugs. This seems like a pretty big one. I discovered one in Maverick that happens very deep into the game and it sucks to know it will probably never be fixed. There is a Stern email for bug reporting but I don't know it offhand.

#10662 2 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Anyone heard of this?

Are you sure it’s unlimited or did you just stack a few? I sometimes stack 2 or 3 extra balls on some of my games so that you get the award but it stays lit until you’ve earned all of the stacked EBs.

#10663 2 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

...Anyone heard of this?

no

#10664 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Are you sure it’s unlimited or did you just stack a few? I sometimes stack 2 or 3 extra balls on some of my games so that you get the award but it stays lit until you’ve earned all of the stacked EBs.

After beating the Emperor, EB stays permanently lit.

I hit the ramp about 5 times, and the game held the ball and did the EB animation every time.

In actuality it only awarded me 2-3 EBs.

So it stacked a couple, and even though the EB light stayed on that was apparently it.

I didn't know if there were supposed to be EBs awarded after beating the Emperor? But something seems to be off. I'll write to Stern and see what they say.

#10665 2 years ago

Was that the latest code? I've only beaten the emperor once but that didn't happen on 1.05.

#10666 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Was that the latest code? I've only beaten the emperor once but that didn't happen on 1.05.

same on 1.10...

#10667 2 years ago

What are the odds that we'll get new code that will allow us to cancel the Mystery Animation? Even though I know I can't cancel it, I still hit both flippers. Darn you R2D2, you are slowing down my game.

#10668 2 years ago

With the knocker kit installed, where is the setting for the knocker to strike when you get an extra ball?

#10670 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Yes, 1.10.

#10671 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

With the knocker kit installed, where is the setting for the knocker to strike when you get an extra ball?

The answer is that there is none. Knock is only for credits as far as I know.

#10672 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The answer is that there is none. Knock is only for credits as far as I know.

If you set replays and specials to award EB then those will knock.

#10673 2 years ago

Even though I have my Prem on free play, I installed the knocker because I can't stand that screech (which I had turned off).

#10674 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Even though I have my Prem on free play, I installed the knocker because I can't stand that screech (which I had turned off).

Same. All my Sterns have real knockers installed. Can't stand the fake sound.

#10675 2 years ago

near 2 weeks home, and 2nd visit to the wizard mode, this time trying to better use the multiplicator(s)
missed 2 (or 3 ?) big hyperspace hurry up, did well the overall rest, including a lightsaberduel at 2.2B and a jedi multiball at 2.8B...
fun is still there, and having games like this one did really push your adrenaline

small (resized).JPGsmall (resized).JPG

#10676 2 years ago

I know I'm in the minority but I like the Stern knock...lol.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

near 2 weeks home, and 2nd visit to the wizard mode, this time trying to better use the multiplicator(s)
missed 2 (or 3 ?) big hyperspace hurry up, did well the overall rest, including a lightsaberduel at 2.2B and a jedi multiball at 2.8B...
fun is still there, and having games like this one did really push your adrenaline
[quoted image]

I don't know how you beat this pin already and twice! Are you ranked like top 10 in the world?

#10677 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I don't know how you beat this pin already and twice! Are you ranked like top 10 in the world?

well, you were close, i'm right now ... 1247 ! loooooooooooooooooooool

mostly, top players are not posting their scores here (to not make us having a depression ! lol again)

#10678 2 years ago

Hello. I thought I’d ask all the “long term pinball experts” on here a quick personal opinion question to see if most feel the same way? I’ve wanted to buy a brand new in the box SW Premium and was simply waiting for Stern to resume production, which already appears late but hopefully will occur any day now? However, I just came across someone who has a NIB SW Premium right now! So, I’m assuming that it must be from Stern’s last production run on them (whenever that was)? My question: is there any benefit to waiting to get one from a new production run or batch that is done years later? I know they don’t make any changes to the physical playfield and other changes are handled with software code updates. But, are there sometimes revisions to the actual parts, electronics, or something else that most of the time you don’t even see that still makes it worth waiting on that new batch? Thanks in advance for your reply.

#10679 2 years ago

With all of the playfield issues Stern has been having lately an older one is probably better.

#10680 2 years ago
Quoted from Second2Noone:

Hello. I thought I’d ask all the “long term pinball experts” on here a quick personal opinion question to see if most feel the same way? I’ve wanted to buy a brand new in the box SW Premium and was simply waiting for Stern to resume production, which already appears late but hopefully will occur any day now? However, I just came across someone who has a NIB SW Premium right now! So, I’m assuming that it must be from Stern’s last production run on them (whenever that was)? My question: is there any benefit to waiting to get one from a new production run or batch that is done years later? I know they don’t make any changes to the physical playfield and other changes are handled with software code updates. But, are there sometimes revisions to the actual parts, electronics, or something else that most of the time you don’t even see that still makes it worth waiting on that new batch? Thanks in advance for your reply.

I’d guess it will be exactly like the last run.

I’ve had two NIB Sterns in the past year and haven’t had any issues with quality control FWIW. Just hurry up and buy the damn thing, the game is amazing! (And I only have a Pro)

#10681 2 years ago
Quoted from Second2Noone:

I think the new one MAY benefit from improved cabinet construction and small (but meaningful) updates to the process of construction on the line.

I am certainly more impressed with AIQ Pro construction versus IMDN or SW Pro - not major things but small variations, like 0.75" cabinet bottom versus 0.5"... or the area of the lockbar where the grounding braid usually is just bare under the lock nuts for the side armor (they now have metal in this area, less fuss).

#10682 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I think the new one MAY benefit from improved cabinet construction and small (but meaningful) updates to the process of construction on the line.
I am certainly more impressed with AIQ Pro construction versus IMDN or SW Pro - not major things but small variations, like 0.75" cabinet bottom versus 0.5"... or the area of the lockbar where the grounding braid usually is just bare under the lock nuts for the side armor (they now have metal in this area, less fuss).

Interesting. The other 2 gentleman who replied to me before you had me thinking any additional responses after them would probably be similar. But wow, you just messed that up. Yes, I'm laughing. Interesting! And, it's interesting that you wrote the new production ones "may benefit" from improved cabinet construction. Yes, that's my dilemma. Wondering if, whether it's perhaps an improvement with the cabinet construction as you mentioned or maybe one of their parts suppliers making small but meaningful parts improvements or revisions to address maybe any complaints or service warranty issues that had previously occurred, is it worth waiting for the new batch? I noticed most people may mention what software version they are running and perhaps needing to update? But, rarely is the build date of the actual machine mentioned which always suggests to me that perhaps that doesn’t matter when it comes to pinball machines and is partially the reason for my earlier question. Thanks again to everyone!

#10683 2 years ago

I have one that was made in 2018. Cabinet is strong. Are you planning on walking it around the yard? The age of the paint on the playfield is a good thing. More time to cure equals harder paint. Don't let your OCD get the best of you.

#10684 2 years ago

I'm cheating. I have the settings the way I personally like them with long ballsaves on multiballs. But since I fixed the ballguides on the loop and horseshoe not to give me returns sdtm it plays very smooth and occasionally I can get a good score. This one was ridiciolus =)

IMG_1430 (resized).jpegIMG_1430 (resized).jpeg
#10685 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have one that was made in 2018. Cabinet is strong. Are you planning on walking it around the yard? The age of the paint on the playfield is a good thing. More time to cure equals harder paint. Don't let your OCD get the best of you.

By the time the original SW runs were being made, Stern had done some mods to make the cabinets more sturdy after having all kinds of problems with previous games. I have a 2018 SW Premium and it is indeed sturdy and has corner braces to fix the splitting issues. Stern continued to improve the cabinets though. Both my BKSOR and LZ have even stronger cabinets that include 3/4" birch plywood for the bottom instead of 1/2" particle board. To me that is the kind of difference that is worthwhile. Particle board is on my shit list.

#10686 2 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

I'm cheating. I have the settings the way I personally like them with long ballsaves on multiballs. But since I fixed the ballguides on the loop and horseshoe not to give me returns sdtm it plays very smooth and occasionally I can get a good score. This one was ridiciolus =)
[quoted image]

i dont understand...
if you can score 21B in "easy" settings, than you should have enough skill to play in "factory" and still make some nice scores !?

#10687 2 years ago

We getting a code update on May the Fourth be with you day?

#10688 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i dont understand...
if you can score 21B in "easy" settings, than you should have enough skill to play in "factory" and still make some nice scores !?

Well... That score was just ridiculous. But here's the thing. I don't like it when games are set to factory and no extra balls and whatever they do when they set them up for competitions. For me that takes the fun out of the game. I can understand that a game has to be set up a certain way for the sake of fair competition. But I'm not that skilled. I've been to a few competitions and it's fun and all that. I don't mind finishing up last as long as there is beer and good company (and hot dogs, got to have hot dogs after a pint or five). But the games themselves aren't that fun playing for me as I'm having a really hard time to get progress on them.
SW is a hard game to start with. It's fast and punishing. It drains a lot, especially to the left I think. But when set to easy or even extra easy with long ball saves (really long, like 40-50 sec) I sometimes can get to victory multiball and even get a medal. So can someone else that tries the game. Getting somewhere is fun, always getting punished is not. And I like cheating =)

#10689 2 years ago

So who understands the parsecs high score? I thought I noticed my parsecs counting on the small screen when I had 2 balls in the hyperloop?? Everything happens so fast in this game sometimes it's hard to keep track!

20210502_204914 (resized).jpg20210502_204914 (resized).jpg
#10690 2 years ago

The parsecs on the mini-LCD slowly increase while you're in the second phase of Hyperspace MB. Just keep the mode active for as long as possible and try shooting any available yellow shot, similar to victory MB.

#10691 2 years ago

ok, i understand, and than enjoy your pin

#10692 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

So who understands the parsecs high score? I thought I noticed my parsecs counting on the small screen when I had 2 balls in the hyperloop?? Everything happens so fast in this game sometimes it's hard to keep track!
[quoted image]

+1
i dont know how this work (well, even if i cracked the game, i'm still missing some code/rule detail lol)
will check next time, but i should be at 12.XXX parsecs...

#10693 2 years ago

parsecs : in fact its 18.279
i've tried to follow while playing, but...
well, i need somebody watching

#10694 2 years ago

Howdy! Brand new out of the box issue. Basically, my fork is stuck in the up position, and the switches register a shared pin 7. I made a post here. Thanks for any help if possible!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-premium-fork-stays-up-all-game-rotates-in-test#post-6260978

#10695 2 years ago

May the Fourth be with you!!! (Ok I'm a few minutes early on the east coast.) I wanted to share some new mods I'm making for Star Wars.

SWmods (resized).jpgSWmods (resized).jpg

First are the 3D Coin Reject Buttons featuing a representation of the Millennium Falcon:

StarWarsMF_RCP (resized).jpgStarWarsMF_RCP (resized).jpg

These coin buttons are 3D printed using translucent filament (your choice of color -- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, clear/white), with a mid-print filament change to special Marble filament -- so the Millennium Falcons are permanently fused to the buttons. I chose Marble for its off-white color of the MF, and the dark flecks give the appearance of the dirt/grit she typically carries.

Next is the 3D Start Button! Another dual-filament print puts a slightly compressed representation of the Death Star atop a translucent green base. The Death Star has cutouts that read 'START' in a Star Wars-esque font, and also cutouts for the superlaser!

StarWarsStart_RCP (resized).jpgStarWarsStart_RCP (resized).jpg

StartParts_RCP (resized).jpgStartParts_RCP (resized).jpg

The coin buttons and the start button are very easy to install (I have DIY videos to walk you through). They're available here in my shop on Pinside or through my website. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Pinside - coin buttons: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05033-3d-coin-reject-buttons-star-wars-stern
Pinside - start button: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05036-3d-start-button-star-wars

#10696 2 years ago

STERN V10 LASER SABER UPDATE. The new version is now available for all models: Pro, Premium, Limited as well as the Comic Art versions. .

A control box for the compatibility of old versions is also available, more info by following this link => https://www.2niro-pinball.com / category / pinball-mods / The new version of the lightsaber has also benefited from an aesthetic update to the light emitter which has the same rendering as Obi Wan Kenobi's saber, an operation made possible thanks to the laser 3d printing
May Fourth ......émetteur (3).jpgémetteur (3).jpgémetteur (2).jpgémetteur (2).jpgémetteur (1).jpgémetteur (1).jpgémetteur (4).jpgémetteur (4).jpg

#10698 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

May the Fourth be with you!!! (Ok I'm a few minutes early on the east coast.) I wanted to share some new mods I'm making for Star Wars.
[quoted image]
First are the 3D Coin Reject Buttons featuing a representation of the Millennium Falcon:
[quoted image]
These coin buttons are 3D printed using translucent filament (your choice of color -- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, clear/white), with a mid-print filament change to special Marble filament -- so the Millennium Falcons are permanently fused to the buttons. I chose Marble for its off-white color of the MF, and the dark flecks give the appearance of the dirt/grit she typically carries.
Next is the 3D Start Button! Another dual-filament print puts a slightly compressed representation of the Death Star atop a translucent green base. The Death Star has cutouts that read 'START' in a Star Wars-esque font, and also cutouts for the superlaser!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The coin buttons and the start button are very easy to install (I have DIY videos to walk you through). They're available here in my shop on Pinside or through my website. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Pinside - coin buttons: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05033-3d-coin-reject-buttons-star-wars-stern
Pinside - start button: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05036-3d-start-button-star-wars

Hey, I recognize that machine! Thanks again to SkyKing. I put in a few extra games on SW for cuatro de mayo and I noticed that I like the feel of the new Start button as well as the looks. Something about the texture and shape make it feel more sturdy than the flimsy OEM button. The way the outer ring lights up is also a nice feature.

#10699 2 years ago

I'm getting a loud buzz from my May The Force Be With You ball save diverter when it is engaged. Trying to see if this is normal (new machine). Thread with video here. Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buzzing-and-vibrating-on-may-the-force-be-with-you-ball-save-diverter#post-6263928

#10700 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

I'm getting a loud buzz from my May The Force Be With You ball save diverter when it is engaged. Trying to see if this is normal (new machine). Thread with video here. Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buzzing-and-vibrating-on-may-the-force-be-with-you-ball-save-diverter#post-6263928

I'm not familiar with the mech (I had a pro), but many times a buzz from a coil can be caused by a slightly loose coil stop. Check to make sure the coil stop (and the rest of the mech for that matter) is nice and tight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/214?hl=unlockpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.