SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 302.
#10501 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Been searching high and low but no luck. Glad I took a leap of faith and bought the topper a long time ago. Still waiting for my prem. Hopefully next week.
Pisses me off that Stern keeps the production line going for so long but not the accessories.
Just out of curiosity what's the build date on your game Meri-cah ?
Just wondering if it's the new batch or one that was unsold from a previous run.

Got mine 2nd hand. Extremely low play that I traded my Maiden premium for. Good swap. Loved maiden but had it 2 years. Time to mix it up

#10502 3 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I bought the pinball life shaker for gotg pro. It worked great.
Sold gotg. Bought comic pro. Bought the stern oem shaker.
It squeaked and didn't rumble very well. Adjusted the arms
and reseated. Never could get it to feel/sound good. Sold it.
Bought the pinball life shaker and installed. Worked great
outta the box.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjuxP_Tq8rvAhVHK80KHXuyAqMQFjAAegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw2RN4Kl79HzyaoqcFInljzc

Appreciate this. I bought the Stern OEM shaker as well, assuming this was the "right" way to go.

It seems to start off okay, but after mashing the button for TIE Fighters it starts to squeak, and continues to for the rest of play.

I'll probably try that Pinball Life one, thanks for the tip.

#10503 3 years ago

just add some silicone grease and your shaker I’ll stop squeaking. My pinball life shaker started squeaking too... a lite grease did the job.

#10504 3 years ago

Please don't flame me too hard for suggesting trying to make this difficult game a little bit easier. Please also bear with me as I am not the most proficient person with a set of tools.

Can anyone please help provide steps on adjusting the outlane posts (Pro model)? On the left side I see a Philips screw head that is covered by the ramp. I pulled up part of the ramp and tried turning the screw but all it did was kept turning. Do I need to hold on to the nut on the bottom while turning the screw to get it up? Do I need to remove the entire ramp in order to do this? On the right side I see the post but no screw. Do I just take the nut off from the bottom? Going a step further, is there a particular sized wrench (or other tool I would need) to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

#10505 3 years ago

Has anyone added the 1998 Hallmark X-wing to their game? It was meant to wire into a strand of Christmas lights. Could you just splice this into a 12v connector and run to the ticket dispenser? Or run it to a GI socket or? Hoping somebody else has had success with this...

For reference, it is this little guy: ebay.com link: HALLMARK 1998 STAR WARS X WING STARFIGHTER LIGHT ORNAMENT

#10506 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Please don't flame me too hard for suggesting trying to make this difficult game a little bit easier. Please also bear with me as I am not the most proficient person with a set of tools.
Can anyone please help provide steps on adjusting the outlane posts (Pro model)? On the left side I see a Philips screw head that is covered by the ramp. I pulled up part of the ramp and tried turning the screw but all it did was kept turning. Do I need to hold on to the nut on the bottom while turning the screw to get it up? Do I need to remove the entire ramp in order to do this? On the right side I see the post but no screw. Do I just take the nut off from the bottom? Going a step further, is there a particular sized wrench (or other tool I would need) to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance.

Hold the screw with a screw driver while you twist the nut on the bottom. I closed my left outlane post too to reduce some cheap drains, honestly it doesn’t do much and the game is still brutal

#10507 3 years ago

Just posted my new Star Wars 3D printed flipper toppers for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112542

These were developed for a Star Wars owner, so wanted to make them available to everyone.

IMG_5695 (resized).JPGIMG_5695 (resized).JPGSW (resized).jpgSW (resized).jpg
#10508 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Good news for you but bad for me...
I have a Prem on order. Guessing they won't be produced for some weeks still.

Stolen from another thread...

Ugh, my distributor just sent me this from Stern:

As you have probably heard if you tune into global news, manufacturing all over the world is experiencing supply chain issues, and our company is no different. The ports along the West Coast are heavily backed up, congested, and causing delays. You can read about it here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/shipping-companies-look-at-sailing-away-from-choked-southern-california-gateways-11612802085

Based on our original schedule, we were hoping to have finished up Guardians Pro, Star Wars Pro and Star Wars Premium by last week, with Jurassic Park Premium beginning this week.

However, at this time we hope to begin GOTG PRO in the coming days, followed by Star Wars Pro and Premium. Jurassic Park Premium is TBD as we await missing parts (hopefully late next week). Star Wars Pin (Movie Art) should be on track for early next week, with Star Wars Comic Pin sliding to the 1st or 2nd week in April.

Thank you for your patience and we’ll reach out when games are ready.

#10509 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Stolen from another thread...
Ugh, my distributor just sent me this from Stern:
As you have probably heard if you tune into global news, manufacturing all over the world is experiencing supply chain issues, and our company is no different. The ports along the West Coast are heavily backed up, congested, and causing delays. You can read about it here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/shipping-companies-look-at-sailing-away-from-choked-southern-california-gateways-11612802085
Based on our original schedule, we were hoping to have finished up Guardians Pro, Star Wars Pro and Star Wars Premium by last week, with Jurassic Park Premium beginning this week.
However, at this time we hope to begin GOTG PRO in the coming days, followed by Star Wars Pro and Premium. Jurassic Park Premium is TBD as we await missing parts (hopefully late next week). Star Wars Pin (Movie Art) should be on track for early next week, with Star Wars Comic Pin sliding to the 1st or 2nd week in April.
Thank you for your patience and we’ll reach out when games are ready.

You know if i knew you in person id respect you alot for your loyalty! Just wanted to say that since you have waited for your game for so long when you could of taken your money elsewhere, your distributor in my mind should throw in free shaker and side blades for your inconvenience and loyalty!

#10510 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

You know if i knew you in person id respect you alot for your loyalty! Just wanted to say that since you have waited for your game for so long when you could of taken your money elsewhere, your distributor in my mind should throw in free shaker and side blades for your inconvenience and loyalty!

My distro is an awesome guy. He is like 40 minutes away. He will deliver and set up my game at no extra charge. He has bought 2 games from me so far. This is my 1st purchase from him but I send him business any chance I get. Wanna build a good relationship with him. He feels terrible about the wait even though it's obviously not his fault. Wanna due my part to make sure he is around as long as possible!

#10511 3 years ago

Finally finished my new Star Wars Topper!

C2FC6048-F9E7-4FC2-81BB-9133354164D5 (resized).jpegC2FC6048-F9E7-4FC2-81BB-9133354164D5 (resized).jpeg66EC0FBF-D588-43E5-B19A-36AEDBA867E4 (resized).jpeg66EC0FBF-D588-43E5-B19A-36AEDBA867E4 (resized).jpegC4DF726F-09E9-4E65-AB49-F0B4FD5EACA9 (resized).jpegC4DF726F-09E9-4E65-AB49-F0B4FD5EACA9 (resized).jpeg
#10512 3 years ago

Cool, but not everything you mount on top of or above a pinball machine is a 'topper'.

#10513 3 years ago

Awesome! Did you add a Star destroyer to your playfield? Looks good, got a link to it?

#10514 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Impressive. Most impressive!

#10515 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a hunk of junk!

#10516 3 years ago

damn that is a nice big topper. I’d be nervous that may fall onto the pinball machine. Do you have it bolted/strapped down?

Only asking as I’m in Earthquake area and am more cautious about stuff falling down.

#10517 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Appreciate this. I bought the Stern OEM shaker as well, assuming this was the "right" way to go.
It seems to start off okay, but after mashing the button for TIE Fighters it starts to squeak, and continues to for the rest of play.
I'll probably try that Pinball Life one, thanks for the tip.

Turns out it was not the shaker that was squeaking. The shakers work fine (no squeaking) in my other machine.

After several tests, I think it is the side rails causing the squeaking sound. A buddy came over and tried holding various parts of the playfield still when the squeaking was happening, and it was pretty clear that it was the playfield moving ever so slightly along the siderails that was causing the sound. We added some grease to the siderails, and I'll play test some more. But there is more play than usual between my playfield and the siderails (it can move a fair bit), and it sure seemed like that was the source of the issue.

#10518 3 years ago

No grease!!!

#10519 3 years ago

Yeah that didn't help much. My buddy wasn't sure, we figured it was worth a shot. Looked like there was some grease on there already. I'll clean it out.

Any suggestions for side rails that squeak due to the shaker?

#10520 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Turns out it was not the shaker that was squeaking. The shakers work fine (no squeaking) in my other machine.
After several tests, I think it is the side rails causing the squeaking sound. A buddy came over and tried holding various parts of the playfield still when the squeaking was happening, and it was pretty clear that it was the playfield moving ever so slightly along the siderails that was causing the sound. We added some grease to the siderails, and I'll play test some more. But there is more play than usual between my playfield and the siderails (it can move a fair bit), and it sure seemed like that was the source of the issue.

I had a squeak issue that turned out to be the hyperspace ramp contacting a metal support in the cabinet at to right side corner. Maybe that's what it is.

#10521 3 years ago

What is needed to get to the emperor? Just to go through each mode in the game? Or do you have to win each mode like death star? I had one mode left when I lost my ball a minute ago....Furthest Ive ever progressed through the game. And of course the ball I lost was one that went over the flippers because of the speed(any way to prevent that?)

Lastly, would love to find a topper for this game at a reasonable price if they are still out there. Or if another run is coming

#10522 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

What is needed to get to the emperor?

Been posted multiple times.

Quoted from mbrave77:

Lastly, would love to find a topper for this game at a reasonable price if they are still out there. Or if another run is coming

No and no. Limited to 500.

#10523 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

What is needed to get to the emperor? Just to go through each mode in the game? Or do you have to win each mode like death star? I had one mode left when I lost my ball a minute ago....Furthest Ive ever progressed through the game. And of course the ball I lost was one that went over the flippers because of the speed(any way to prevent that?)

If you want an official topper you will have to pay thousands and that’s IF you can even find one. There’s one on pinside for 2k$.

I bought mine last year as I was sure I’d get the game some day but the topper would be unobtanium by that time.

#10524 3 years ago

Just got my Comic Art Pro a couple weeks ago now. Loving the machine. Had the pitch a bit above 7 at the start and while I loved the speed, I had too many instances of the ball hitting the glass at really violent speeds, so toned it down to the proper 6.5. It's still a quick game, but feels quite slower now.

Question about multiballs. There are six balls in the game, in what instances are there ever all six balls in play at the same time? So far I've only seen three at a time. And my other game I'm used to (Sopranos) has an add-a-ball where you just hit a shot (fish mouth) and so long as it's lit you get another ball for multi ball. How does add-a-ball work on this game?

#10525 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

There are six balls in the game, in what instances are there ever all six balls in play at the same time?

Victory Multiball.

#10526 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Just got my Comic Art Pro a couple weeks ago now. Loving the machine. Had the pitch a bit above 7 at the start and while I loved the speed, I had too many instances of the ball hitting the glass at really violent speeds, so toned it down to the proper 6.5. It's still a quick game, but feels quite slower now.
Question about multiballs. There are six balls in the game, in what instances are there ever all six balls in play at the same time? So far I've only seen three at a time. And my other game I'm used to (Sopranos) has an add-a-ball where you just hit a shot (fish mouth) and so long as it's lit you get another ball for multi ball. How does add-a-ball work on this game?

Add a ball is earned by hitting all the force drops then the action button turns orange. So then when you want to use add a ball just hold the button down.

#10527 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Add a ball is earned by hitting all the force drops then the action button turns orange. So then when you want to use add a ball just hold the button down.

Or using Luke Skywalker and action button should already be orange

#10528 3 years ago

My distro got my game in today and it's being delivered tomorrow! Wooooohooooo!

FB_IMG_1617141383806 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1617141383806 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1617141390613 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1617141390613 (resized).jpg
#10529 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

And of course the ball I lost was one that went over the flippers because of the speed(any way to prevent that?)

This happens to me all the time, It is very frustrating. I would also love to know what people have done to stop this.

#10530 3 years ago

My distro got my game in today and it's being delivered tomorrow! Wooooohooooo!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Jelly!!

Mine is 2-4 weeks out (Premium).

#10531 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Didn’t know that. I’ve noticed the orange button before but usually not till as I’m draining. Thx

#10532 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Didn’t know that. I’ve noticed the orange button before but usually not till as I’m draining. Thx

Hold the button in for a second or so dont just hit it as you see the balls draining and you will be good.

Quoted from tilt-master:

Or using Luke Skywalker and action button should already be orange

I never noticed that about Luke, thanks for the tip!

#10533 3 years ago

Make sure to hit the button again to re-enable the multiplier.

#10534 3 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

This happens to me all the time, It is very frustrating. I would also love to know what people have done to stop this.

If you notice, Twister has guards over the inlane plastics to prevent balls going over. Shouldn't be too hard to install these.

image-7 (resized).jpgimage-7 (resized).jpg
#10535 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

If you notice, Twister has guards over the inlane plastics to prevent balls going over. Shouldn't be too hard to install these.

Unfortunately with sw, the ball goes over the flippers more than those inlane guides. The plastics would need to be elongated to protrude over the flippers to do the job.

#10536 3 years ago

I had the ball go over the inlane guide plenty of times. I’m going to try to add another plastic tier to my inlane guides to prevent this.

#10537 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I had the ball go over the inlane guide plenty of times

At which position? For me it only jumped over the flippers when coming from the orbit clockwise, basically due to the fast rotation of the ball biting into the rubber and lifting it. How do you get the ball into the inlanes that fast?

#10538 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

At which position? For me it only jumped over the flippers when coming from the orbit clockwise, basically due to the fast rotation of the ball biting into the rubber and lifting it. How do you get the ball into the inlanes that fast?

It was a very fast shot coming out of either the orbits or the loop. When the ball is going on these paths, sometimes I attempt bounce passes at the flippers in an attempt to get some control. The ball was going so fast it bounced off on the flipper and over the opposite inlane/outlane guide. I've only had the ball go over the flippers a few times.

#10539 3 years ago

I never knew you could get an add a ball as a reward from the pops but had it happen twice last night.

#10540 3 years ago

I agree that the ball comes down the playfield so fast from the loop shots that it climbs the flipper. I am surprised there aren't more broken mini screens on this game. Many times the ball comes off the flipper and hits the habitrail from the Hyperloop above the flippers. If it wasn't there, I have no idea where or what the ball would hit!

#10541 3 years ago

One can certainly make a flipper "topper".

#10542 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

One can certainly make a flipper "topper".

So you think a two foot millennium falcon would work? :b
Or maybe one foot per flipper? ...

#10543 3 years ago

I'm in like Flynn! Thanks to Troy @ Top Score Gamerooms LLC in Festus, MO!

FB_IMG_1617210983941 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1617210983941 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1617210991627 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1617210991627 (resized).jpg20210331_112128 (resized).jpg20210331_112128 (resized).jpg20210331_112136 (resized).jpg20210331_112136 (resized).jpg20210331_105123 (resized).jpg20210331_105123 (resized).jpg20210331_105130 (resized).jpg20210331_105130 (resized).jpg20210331_105134 (resized).jpg20210331_105134 (resized).jpg20210331_105141 (resized).jpg20210331_105141 (resized).jpg20210331_105147 (resized).jpg20210331_105147 (resized).jpg
#10544 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Love the carpet!!!

#10545 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Congrats! Love the carpet!!!

Thanks! It glows super bright when the 8 4ft fluorescent blacklights are on!

#10546 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! He didn't do a disappearing act on you ?

#10547 3 years ago

Anyone ever remove the small screen on the playfield? Mine has a piece of debris on the actual led screen under the housing surrounding it. Wanna make sure the screen actually comes out of the housing before I try to remove it.

#10548 3 years ago

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/star-wars-speaker-panel-frames

Got a brand new set of these vertical frames I decided not to install. Make me an offer.

#10549 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Pingraffx list
1. KLR2014
2. RPZ
3. Sprudeldudel
4. joetechbob

Anyone else would be interested in a set of these?

Have just messaged them to see about chances of another run and would be good to know who would be in on Pingraffix Star Wars LE Pinball Armor Illumination Kit5B7353EA-976F-4B96-A325-05113E100AF4 (resized).jpeg5B7353EA-976F-4B96-A325-05113E100AF4 (resized).jpeg

#10550 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone else would be interested in a set of these?
Have just messaged them to see about chances of another run and would be good to know who would be in on Pingraffix Star Wars LE Pinball Armor Illumination Kit[quoted image]

Any reason these wouldn't work on a pro?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
There are 15,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/211?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.