IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 301.
#1001 6 years ago

Sorta makes that Star Trek next to it look a little dull.

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You will be pleased.

What do you know about it?
Also, anyone know if the external audio jack is ever going to happen?

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Also, anyone know if the external audio jack is ever going to happen?

I am sure it will.... as an "accessory"

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

It will sit atop the game. Haha.

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ahahahah i laughed too much at this comment....thanks. I needed a good laugh today.

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You're right, that will be pleasing

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I've tripped across this maybe-a-bug twice on the new code, i am about 50 games in on the latest version. I am not sure the exact steps to repeat, but in code .89 on the pro... it seems having two mini wizard modes at once, like Battle over Endor, and Destroy the Death Star, in two different games I've stacked other multiballs during those split mini wizard modes (like Tie Fighter and/or Hyper Drive) and then some interesting things end up happening.
The double posts and the upper loop post end up going up at some point in all the craziness (usually i end up getting all 6 balls in play using the add-a-ball), because it thinks a ball is trapped in there, but there is no ball in there (timing of the posts rising must have just missed it). Then one of the balls from my multiball ends up going in the right mystery scoop, and it doesn't realize its in the scoop, so doesn't spit it out.
At some point i am down to one ball left, basically i can't shoot the loop shots (because there is no captive ball to trigger the opto to drop the posts), and it doesn't want to spit the mystery scoop ball out either. I ultimately end up draining the one ball I still have control of and then the loop posts drop, which then ends my mini wizard and multiball modes. Then I wait for ball search to release the mystery scoop ball, and everything goes back to normal single ball game play. I'm pretty positive there is no switch problem in my scoop, since ive shot it in there a hundred times in other non stacked multi balls and regular play and never had a problem. Ive stacked mini wizard modes with the other multiballs lots, and it doesn't always happen, but there is some combination of things happening to get this bug and both times its happened it was during the crazy stacked multi balls.
I am thinking the false/phantom ball trapped in the loop maybe is causing the mystery scoop problem . Perhaps the game is keeping count of where the balls are and is counting a certain number in the trough, and then assuming there is a ball in the loop, plus the ball that is still in control hitting various things and doesn't fire the right scoop as a result. I'll keep trying to reproduce this one, but just thought i'd mention it here in case someone else has noticed something similar.
Both of these games I blew up the score pretty crazy. 1st game where it happened was 6.9 billion, and my other game was like 4+ billion.

I had something similar happen to me last night while playing hyperspace multiball. I had a ball in the mystery scoop that wasn't released until all other balls drained and it went into ball search.

#1008 6 years ago

Just received an email from my distributor to send in the rest of my sales price. It looks like Star Wars Premiums should be ready next week, or early the week after. Can't wait to unbox this bad boy!

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from Ragnar1991:

Just received an email from my distributor to send in the rest of my sales price. It looks like Star Wars Premiums should be ready next week, or early the week after. Can't wait to unbox this bad boy!

Awesome. Was ready to switch to LE, but the distributor ghosted after one correspondence on Pinside. I'm dug in now with a Premium. After watching everyone else, I'm ready to get my grail pin.

#1010 6 years ago

Looks like I got the call and my pro is in. And guess who's got the busiest week and weekend coming up? Typical!

#1011 6 years ago

I just wanted to tell all the guys waiting on premiums, get ready for pure pinball awesomeness.
I have been playing my LE, when I have time, and it's definitely a "just one more game" game.
The tension the game creates with the music, lights, and bonus counting down when trying to make the hyperloop shot is so good.

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

LE in today!!!
Happy to be in the club. Got a long way to go to figure this one out, so I turned off the stacking to help lessen the chaos...

Sweet! Congrats on the #2!

Could you help all us potential Premium buyers out?

Make a video of the Hyper Loop Multi-ball in action from the players perspective. I know it is probably cooler in person, but still want to see if it is worth the upgrade from Pro.

Thanks

#1013 6 years ago

I ordered a Premium today from Game Room Guys and they told me 3 weeks. Can't wait!

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

Sweet! Congrats on the #2!
Could you help all us potential Premium buyers out?
Make a video of the Hyper Loop Multi-ball in action from the players perspective. I know it is probably cooler in person, but still want to see if it is worth the upgrade from Pro.
Thanks

There are several videos of the loop in action already buried in various star wars threads. I'd post a link but I don't feel like digging.

#1015 6 years ago

I joined the club Friday night! I've put about 80 plays on it since then. I'm having a lot of fun with this game! To give some perspective, I own IMVE, Avatar, and BSD - some of the best "one more game" games ever - and SW has me stabbing at the start button more than any of those others ever have.

I was genuinely worried when reviews started to pour in. I wasn't a big fan of GOT (though I didn't get a ton of time on it), and hearing that the rules were similar made me think I made a mistake in ordering. It's rare I ever have those types of doubts lifted so quickly. After a few games I realized that this was going to be a brutal game with a lot of strategy. The allure of lining up a huge bonus multiplier to a specific shot is stressful in a good way - it reminds me very much of Song Jackpot/Song Bonus in ACDC.

This is my first time buying a game NIB this early in development. So far it's been a positive experience. I like the clips, but I think they could be polished.. what I see often is a clip that plays, and then cuts in an awkward way. It will hang on to the last image for a few extra beats. I'm no director, but some sort of different fade or cut would probably look better, and a smoother sound transition would help to clean things up.

I'm having too much fun with the gameplay to really pick apart anything else. I think the modes will become more clear once code gets refined.

sw1 (resized).jpgsw1 (resized).jpg

sw2 (resized).jpgsw2 (resized).jpg

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I joined the club Friday night! I've put about 80 plays on it since then. I'm having a lot of fun with this game! To give some perspective, I own IMVE, Avatar, and BSD - some of the best "one more game" games ever - and SW has me stabbing at the start button more than any of those others ever have.
I was genuinely worried when reviews started to pour in. I wasn't a big fan of GOT (though I didn't get a ton of time on it), and hearing that the rules were similar made me think I made a mistake in ordering. It's rare I ever have those types of doubts lifted so quickly. After a few games I realized that this was going to be a brutal game with a lot of strategy. The allure of lining up a huge bonus multiplier to a specific shot is stressful in a good way - it reminds me very much of Song Jackpot/Song Bonus in ACDC.
This is my first time buying a game NIB this early in development. So far it's been a positive experience. I like the clips, but I think they could be polished.. what I see often is a clip that plays, and then cuts in an awkward way. It will hang on to the last image for a few extra beats. I'm no director, but some sort of different fade or cut would probably look better, and a smoother sound transition would help to clean things up.
I'm having too much fun with the gameplay to really pick apart anything else. I think the modes will become more clear once code gets refined.

Congratulations. I felt the same way after opening and playing mine, I just keep thinking "one more..." It's got a WOW factor coming out of the box, but as you learn they game you just want to keep playing!!

#1017 6 years ago

I like the clips, but I think they could be polished.. what I see often is a clip that plays, and then cuts in an awkward way. It will hang on to the last image for a few extra beats. I'm no director, but some sort of different fade or cut would probably look better, and a smoother sound transition would help to clean things up.

I noticed this as well. The faces that pop up are nicely animated but then they freeze at the end which ruins the lifelike illusion they are going for. They need to do something about the awkward pause at the end.

I thought I was the only one that noticed this. Not a huge deal I suppose.

Enjoy!

#1018 6 years ago

I'm embarrassed I have to ask this.. but is there a hyperspace multiball on the pro? I'm horrible at hitting the death star, especially under pressure. I have gotten it, but I don't think more than once in a game. I thought the ball was supposed to lock like in Avatar? Does that happen after a certain number of hurryups or a different event?

#1019 6 years ago

I'm embarrassed I have to ask this.. but is there a hyperspace multiball on the pro? I'm horrible at hitting the death star, especially under pressure. I have gotten it, but I don't think more than once in a game. I thought the ball was supposed to lock like in Avatar? Does that happen after a certain number of hurryups or a different event?

Yes, it is on the Pro and is exactly as you described. Should start Multiball after the 2nd hurry up is completed. Make sure to always light your inlanes and outlanes which lights the right ramp yellow. This should start the hurry-up.

My strategy is to start game with R2 and light death star with plunge. Then loop left endor ramp until it is lit for a mode also completing inlanes to qualify hurryup. Then I hit right ramp to starr hyperspace hurryup and try to hit Death star to collect hurry up and start two modes.

#1020 6 years ago

Can you start hurry ups while in a mode?

#1021 6 years ago

Just got word from my distributor my premium will ship out Monday and be here by Sept 1st. Finally get to join the party.

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pretty sure.

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes you can. You can start hyperspace mb or tie fighter mb while in mode play too.

It's a good idea to go for the drops right away in mb too because if you knock them down twice it lights the lockdown button orange for an add a ball. Without the add a ball the mb times are short.

Jedi mb seems to be the only mode that you can't stack with anything. You can still collect and use add a ball though. It also doesn't end when you are in single ball play.- pretty sure the mode starts as a single ball which you can turn into a mb.

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Just got word from my distributor my premium will ship out Monday and be here by Sept 1st. Finally get to join the party.

Mine apparently shipped out this morning. Must be one of the first batches after the LEs. Looks like Tuesday/Wednesday for me...

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Mine apparently shipped out this morning. Must be one of the first batches after the LEs. Looks like Tuesday/Wednesday for me...

That's pretty fun. No news on mine yet, I was hoping 'exports' would go first I'm looking forward to it arriving, but not looking forward to writing the cheque - haha.

#1026 6 years ago

Dang, Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm jealous. I'm having first world problems as I'm leaving out for vacation the day before the pin gets delivered. Maybe I should just tell the kids Disney World vacation is canceled this year.

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yes you can. You can start hyperspace mb or tie fighter mb while in mode play too.
It's a good idea to go for the drops right away in mb too because if you knock them down twice it lights the lockdown button orange for an add a ball. Without the add a ball the mb times are short.
Jedi mb seems to be the only mode that you can't stack with anything. You can still collect and use add a ball though. It also doesn't end when you are in single ball play.- pretty sure the mode starts as a single ball which you can turn into a mb.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Sounds like another next level SR/DS rule set and those that dog it just don't understand so instead of learning they just trash it lol. Can't wait to try my luck on an LE; hoping I have a better experience than the pro.

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Sounds like another next level SR/DS rule set and those that dog it just don't understand so instead of learning they just trash it lol. Can't wait to try my luck on an LE; hoping I have a better experience than the pro.

Yep. If you like GOT rules and strategy you're going to love Star Wars. I think people will start changing their tune on this game once they get a good chance to play it and the code becomes more complete.

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yep. If you like GOT rules and strategy you're going to love Star Wars. I think people will start changing their tune on this game once they get a good chance to play it and the code becomes more complete.

Do you still have a desire to play since crushing it?

#1030 6 years ago

Do you still have a desire to play since crushing it?

Yes. Jedi Multiball was such a cool mode that I want to get back to experience it again! It sucks that I didn't have anyone with me at the time to explain what was happening on the LCD when I was playing. I was just focusing on making my shots and trying not to choke. It's also tough because the GI goes completely dark during the mode besides the blue shots that you have to make. It's really intense! Ideally I'd like to watch someone else make it there so I can really take in what's going on. The other thing with my game is that I wasn't concentrating on score at all (my goal was just to make Jedi Multiball as efficiently as possible) so there is still a lot more I can be doing as far as trying to maximize my scoring potential and focusing on moving the multipliers more. I'm starting to figure out a little bit about modes and what stacks good with what but there is still a lot more to learn. The game just has a lot of inherit strategy and I am just starting to uncover it. I really think it's a fantastic game and I could see myself buying one down the road, even with having several to choose from to play on route. Maybe once IFPA puts it in their STERN rewards program for a good price!

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

LE in today!!!
Happy to be in the club. Got a long way to go to figure this one out, so I turned off the stacking to help lessen the chaos...

Hooley dooley mate, that is one nice collection!!
And that's only the bits we can see...

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Hooley dooley mate, that is one nice collection!!
And that's only the bits we can see...

Thank you sir! I must admit it is something special to me. I truly love every game and cannot see ever parting with them. What's crazy is that several of the games have come in and then gone out multiple times before finally earning a permanent place in the collection. SW LE is the newcomer and so far is really kicking my butt!! However, it is a dream theme for me and I will have a blast figuring it out and seeing how the code develops.

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Thank you sir! I must admit it is something special to me. I truly love every game and cannot see ever parting with them. What's crazy is that several of the games have come in and then gone out multiple times before finally earning a permanent place in the collection. SW LE is the newcomer and so far is really kicking my butt!! However, it is a dream theme for me and I will have a blast figuring it out and seeing how the code develops.

Nice one mate, I'm patiently waiting for my SWLE, should be here within 3 weeks

#1034 6 years ago

Had 20 pinheads over at my house last night to help me break SW in! I put SW in its own seperate area away from the other games to have more space and let people have the true experience of the sounds and lighting. It had Non stop play and we put in over 100 games on it.

To me get togethers with friends are what pinball is all about! Need to do it again soon!

IMG_4826 (resized).JPGIMG_4826 (resized).JPG

#1035 6 years ago

Got to play Star wars pro at the Minnesota state fair "Pinball-on-a-stick" and had a lot of fun. I scored high enough for a replay, which I let a kid play who was checking out the games. I always like to leave free games for others.

#1036 6 years ago

I am really digging the premium. Curious question. I have a GB premium. Which do you think is better play wise. GB or SW?

#1037 6 years ago

SW is hands down a better pin from a gameplay perspective.

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Agree 100% and I own both.

#1039 6 years ago

I just got word my premium is ready, and to send final payment! Too bad I won't get it before the long weekend, but that gives me time to prepare for its arrival...
Super excited!

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I think GB is a great game, lots of fun.
The problems of this one are the built quality, the draining monster, the tight entrance of the right ramp and the skillshot (never really understood it completely)

Never played SW but I think it has a less creative layout.

#1041 6 years ago

The force is with me. Well actually it's in my garage until I can get it in the house

#1042 6 years ago

What is the consensus of using chrome balls in SW? Has any one experienced any problems with ball magnetism due to the accelerator in the hyper loop? Too early to know?

#1043 6 years ago

It's here. Now to get it setup.

IMG_3887 (resized).JPGIMG_3887 (resized).JPG

#1044 6 years ago

Sweet! Now stop posting and let us know what you think

#1045 6 years ago

Okay, it's sitting in my garage. Trying to find some guys to help me get it inside and up the stairs.

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I think GB is a great game, lots of fun.
The problems of this one are the built quality, the draining monster, the tight entrance of the right ramp and the skillshot (never really understood it completely)
Never played SW but I think it has a less creative layout.

Totally agree, GB is pretty but its clunky.

SW is cookie cutter but smooth gameplay.

If you want a game to look at, GB is a good option. If you want one that shoots well SW is the better option. I just hope STERNs next pin is both good to look at and fun to shoot (and something unique layout wise).

#1047 6 years ago

You have a way with pics. I can almost hear that game!

IMG_0342 (resized).JPGIMG_0342 (resized).JPG

#1048 6 years ago

Star Wars is setup and playing great after I adjusted the right flipper. The EOS wasn't making good contact.

First impressions is it's a looker. I was going to do a custom black/metallic/starfield powder coat but after getting it I may do a metallic white. The white tmolding looks good and white or maybe all chrome will pop. The Ramps and all the metal are flashy and just begging for mirror blades so that may be my next purchase.

The game is almost as fast as the pro I played. The only thing a bit slower is hitting the horseshoe from the right side provides a momentary pause sometimes for the fork ramp to come down. I don't think I'm going to mind that pause it provides a chance to breathe. During multiball I haven't noticed it being a problem. Just control the balls and don't put one behind it if you're trying to hit the Death Star shot. Adds an extra dimension.

The fork ramp for the Death Star shot is smooth on my game. My son and I played several games and he backhanded the Death Star ramp on his first game. I was able to backhand it a few times and was able to shoot it from the right flipper without any issues. The hyperspace ramp is a rush when the ball goes around. The Death Star definitely grabs the ball and sometimes drops it back down the ramp. A nice changeup.

All the shots feel smooth as others have said and the play is so fast it's a little hard to look up and see the screen but it's possible.

The right diverter to the plunger is kind of pointless right now (just do a ball save like AS). I'm guessing it will come into play more like on TWD as the code progresses.

The playfield and cabinet are perfect. There are extra braces on the cabinet like the LE had. The sound is great and so loud if you let it be cranked up.

Btw. I just don't think this playfield feels empty when you play it. I know it's an opinion but I'm thrilled with the game. There are Ramps, a lockout, a horse shoe loop, pops with gates on both sides, drops, every place the ball can hit is a switch, the mini screen and targets under it and of course the tie fighter which is fine. You actually barely notice it since you have to spend all your time watching the ball.

I most likely will narrow the outlanes by moving the posts so everyone can enjoy it s little more but for now I'll leave it. Doing a skill shot right into the left outlane is going to take some skill to avoid.

That's my take after about 20 games. I'm sure it will morph but I'm having more fun with this then I did with the pro on location. Now back to playing!

IMG_3888 (resized).JPGIMG_3888 (resized).JPG

#1049 6 years ago

I'm sure it will morph but I'm having more fun with this then I did with the pro on location.

Nope. You're wrong about this. Every pro owner has said so.

#1050 6 years ago

The white tmolding looks good and white or maybe all chrome will pop.

I somehow missed that the Premium has the white molding as well. Guess I'll see how it looks in person, but where would you buy black replacement molding (and how much of a PITA would it be to remove the old?)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.