SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 302.
#10401 3 years ago

I added a kenner R2 next to the R2 scoop. I added a 3mm red LED on the top and a 1.8mm blue LED on the bottom as circled in the pic. I buy the battery powered LED whips from evens designs here in CO. Easy website and cheap to order. You can get them with 14in leads and they wire right to the GI or flashers(in newer stern games). I wired R2 to the flasher on the R2 scoop. Turned out neat and really lets you know the ball is being ejected with the red and blue flash.

r2 pic (resized).jpgr2 pic (resized).jpg
#10402 3 years ago

Here is a quick video, as always looks so much better in person.

#10403 3 years ago

I used the force tonight and finally beat the emperor! What a feeling of accomplishment! Great wizard mode!

#10404 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I used the force tonight and finally beat the emperor! What a feeling of accomplishment! Great wizard mode!

Wait...WHAT???

What kind of tape did you use on the outlanes?

#10405 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait...WHAT???
What kind of tape did you use on the outlanes?

I’ll be honest. No tape, but outlanes were at minimum. Now I need to adjust the posts to the middle. That will make it way harder. Other than that all factory settings. I of course had extra balls on and played as R2. I was fortunate having a lucky shot where two balls collided and the other ball made it up the right ramp by accident to make the last shot. It was that kind of luck that allowed me to beat him. Even beating him I only scored a little over 7 billion. I played as Leia for a little bit and then the game was over.

#10406 3 years ago

Is there a way to disable the Death Star opening up or at least lighting up during a ball search? I love that it’s very hard to see that feature and having it spoiled during a ball search is very annoying.

#10407 3 years ago

I’ll be honest. No tape, but outlanes were at minimum. Now I need to adjust the posts to the middle. That will make it way harder. Other than that all factory settings. I of course had extra balls on and played as R2. I was fortunate having a lucky shot where two balls collided and the other ball made it up the right ramp by accident to make the last shot. It was that kind of luck that allowed me to beat him. Even beating him I only scored a little over 7 billion. I played as Leia for a little bit and then the game was over.

Don't even listen to me (the smart folks have me set to "ignore"). I'm just jealous. I just wish I could do that so I like to demean other peoples' accomplishments. But at least I'm man enough to admit it.

#10408 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:I’ll be honest. No tape, but outlanes were at minimum. Now I need to adjust the posts to the middle. That will make it way harder. Other than that all factory settings. I of course had extra balls on and played as R2. I was fortunate having a lucky shot where two balls collided and the other ball made it up the right ramp by accident to make the last shot. It was that kind of luck that allowed me to beat him. Even beating him I only scored a little over 7 billion. I played as Leia for a little bit and then the game was over.

Do you have mode stacking on?

#10409 3 years ago

Was having a great game ... until this airball landed ...

0B350849-9229-4494-A948-565F0785C033 (resized).jpeg0B350849-9229-4494-A948-565F0785C033 (resized).jpeg
#10410 3 years ago

I heard a screw drop into the lower right cabinet during play on my Comic Pro. I can't find where it came from. I checked the tie fighter wings. I went over both sides of the PF but no luck. Any ideas?

20210226_130350.jpg20210226_130350.jpg20210226_130435.jpg20210226_130435.jpg
#10411 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Was having a great game ... until this airball landed ...
[quoted image]

I have experienced my fair share of SW pro gameplay airballs over the inlane plastics to the outlane......especially when attempting a flipper pass from a smoking shot from the loop

#10412 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I have experienced my fair share of SW pro gameplay airballs over the inlane plastics to the outlane......especially when attempting a flipper pass from a smoking shot from the loop

This is a first on my premium . I guess this is expected with such a fast game

#10413 3 years ago

I played a few games on code 1.10 and noticed an undocumented change regarding the amount of missions that you need to complete to get an Extra Ball. From 5 missions it's now changed to 7 using the default settings. The mini-wizard mode grace-period add-a-ball trick still works but even so, completing 7 missions pushes the EB more into the late game territory.

The 5 missions needed for an EB in the old code was usually my first EB in the game if I stacked missions efficiently, followed by 90+ TIE Fighters, then the mini-screen EB. But now, destroying 90+ TFs will most likely be the first EB of the game followed by a lucky mini-screen EB and then a late game 7 missions completed EB.

I think that with this change the first TIE Fighter MB and an early Victory MB have been elevated in importance as these are some of the best ways to destroy 90+ TFs safely. It's interesting to think that such a small change can make you re-examine how you tackle the game.

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit: I've now put in a lot more games on the new code and I've noticed the criteria to light up an EB from completing missions increased automatically from 7 to now 9! So it looks like it has something to do with how well you're playing, maybe the average score on the machine, things like that.

For me, 9 is a bit much... so I'm considering changing the default setting from Auto to maybe the previous code's default of 5. After all, the game kind of has its own player controlled dynamic difficulty setting thanks to the ability to stack missions or not, as you can stack missions efficiently (Easy), inefficiently (Medium) or not at all (Hard). I'm not a fan of the EB criteria changing on the fly in between games for home use.

#10414 3 years ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

I heard a screw drop into the lower right cabinet during play on my Comic Pro. I can't find where it came from. I checked the tie fighter wings. I went over both sides of the PF but no luck. Any ideas? [quoted image][quoted image]

Check behind the tie fighter also, Mine came loose on my comic premium.

#10415 3 years ago
Quoted from zatname:

Yep, same here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/191#post-5918191

#10416 3 years ago

I’ve paid for my Comic Art Pro and it’s sitting at the local distributor until the wife and I close on and move into our new house. Haven’t had a whole lot of playing time, but the wife and I both like the theme, the buttery flowy goodness of the ramps, and the artwork.

I’ve been reading up on the game some and the rules seem a bit intimidating and complex. I’m a better than average player, but not a tournament player by any stretch. Question then is this, if I just play the damn thing and try to pay attention, how long should it take to get a grasp of the rules and the intricacies of multipliers and the like?

#10417 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’ve paid for my Comic Art Pro and it’s sitting at the local distributor until the wife and I close on and move into our new house. Haven’t had a whole lot of playing time, but the wife and I both like the theme, the buttery flowy goodness of the ramps, and the artwork.
I’ve been reading up on the game some and the rules seem a bit intimidating and complex. I’m a better than average player, but not a tournament player by any stretch. Question then is this, if I just play the damn thing and try to pay attention, how long should it take to get a grasp of the rules and the intricacies of multipliers and the like?

1 game. Its really not that complicated. You move the multiplier around to the shots you want it on and lock it in with action button. Otherwise mode based with a few extras like Lightsaber Duel and Hyperdrive stuff but overall easy to understand.

#10418 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

the game some and the rules seem a bit intimidating and complex. I’m a better than average player, but not a tournament player by any stretch. Question then is this, if I just play the damn thing and try to pay attention, how long should it take to get a grasp of the rules and the intricacies of multipliers and the like?

Most of us recommend turning off the mission stacking at first, makes it much easier to know what you're doing and more immersive IMO. It doesn't take long at all to figure it out, but pulling it off is quite a challenge! Stay focused on the missions because you get lots of interupting hurryups. Even after a few months, the more I play it, the better it gets!

#10419 3 years ago

I may be wrong but I don’t think you have to turn off stacking, you can chose to stack or play individual modes even when you have stacking enabled.

#10420 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I may be wrong but I don’t think you have to turn off stacking, you can chose to stack or play individual modes even when you have stacking enabled.

I wondered about this...this seems to be true from what I have seen in videos.

#10421 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You dont have to turn stacking off but it makes it easier to not take the easy road when given the choice. Its much more fun to know you earned every single modes completion without stacking them and not experiencing the modes fully by themselves. When i had a Pro i had stacking on and made it through 2 characters before but was on early code so now with the Premium i keep mode stacking off to keep the longevity there.

#10422 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

You dont have to turn stacking off but it makes it easier to not take the easy road when given the choice. Its much more fun to know you earned every single modes completion without stacking them and not experiencing the modes fully by themselves. When i had a Pro i had stacking on and made it through 2 characters before but was on early code so now with the Premium i keep mode stacking off to keep the longevity there.

Good idea didn’t know it was a setting

#10423 3 years ago

I’ve had a had my SWLE since NIB and it’s only been on 1.03! Updated to 1.10 yesterday.

Love the game, the more I play it, I wasn’t really taking note of the rules on the screen, thought I would take more notice and really am enjoying it more.

I like the rules and the music gets your heart pumping

#10424 3 years ago
Quoted from zatname:

Thanks guys, you were correct. It was one of the screws behind the main body of the Tie Fighter. I looked backed there initially but thought there was only two screws total. It turns out there were 4 but 2 were just hard to see.

Thanks again.

#10425 3 years ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Thanks guys, you were correct. It was one of the screws behind the main body of the Tie Fighter. I looked backed there initially but thought there was only two screws total. It turns out there were 4 but 2 were just hard to see.
Thanks again.

Great! Might pay to use a thread glue as you might find it will just work itself loose again later as mine did. Regards

#10426 3 years ago

I've been thinking about giving this game a try. Any issues with the new comic versions coming off the line?

#10427 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've been thinking about giving this game a try. Any issues with the new comic versions coming off the line?

Comic version has been officially discontinued. I wouldn't wait to try and find one if that's the version you are looking for. I asked awhile back about any known issues and was told nothing outside of dimples which I expect anyway.

#10428 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Comic version has been officially discontinued. I wouldn't wait to try and find one if that's the version you are looking for. I asked awhile back about any known issues and was told nothing outside of dimples which I expect anyway.

Wonder how much longer till the license runs out for Stern? Its been over 3 years and ive seen alot of talk of no longer making Premiums and now no more Comic versions. Now that Stern is making limited runs to fill distributor orders instead of large runs to have stock things are going to get interesting. This will be the game to own from Stern when the license runs out, there is NO bigger theme ever then Star Wars so hold on to your games cause they might be highly sought after soon. This is all speculation...

#10429 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Having had my Comic Art Premium since May last year (build date Jan 26, 2020), it’s been solid. Didn’t have to do anything to it out of the box apart from getting it pitched & balanced right.

#10430 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1017-modfather-pinball-mods/01223-star-wars-speaker-panel-frames

Anyone ever put a speaker light kit behind these death star grills? Seems like it would be pretty sweet.

#10431 3 years ago

This game flat out kicks ass.... I have the PRO and have played the Premium at an arcade but it's been awhile (summer before last) so I hardly remember. Anyone gone from a Pro to Premium? If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks.

#10432 3 years ago

Finally joined the club today with my first ever new in box. Shaker motor fitted gives awesome feedback and the speed is incredible.

Also added my first mod with two Tie Fighters and an x-wing added near the flippers.

35B0AAA7-B390-42C3-B27C-BDEC766E790B (resized).jpeg35B0AAA7-B390-42C3-B27C-BDEC766E790B (resized).jpegE9D344D9-DDB3-4988-BE8D-0576A6230954 (resized).jpegE9D344D9-DDB3-4988-BE8D-0576A6230954 (resized).jpeg
#10433 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

This game flat out kicks ass.... I have the PRO and have played the Premium at an arcade but it's been awhile (summer before last) so I hardly remember. Anyone gone from a Pro to Premium? If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks.

Ive gone from Pro to Premium. Big SW fan and really got into the code on the Pro when it first came out so decided to buy a Premium. With the premium when you get hyperdrive multiball and get 3 balls in the hyperloop during Destroy the Deathstar or Battle above Endor mini wizards and finish the mode by blowing the Deathstar up into victory multiball is some of the best moments ever in pinball. The hyperloop changes the way you play the game because of how much you want to just see and hear the ball in the hyperloop whipping around the playfield, it never gets old.

#10434 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Finally joined the club today with my first ever new in box. Shaker motor fitted gives awesome feedback and the speed is incredible.
Also added my first mod with two Tie Fighters and an x-wing added near the flippers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can I ask when did you buy yours? I bought mine in August and still waiting on Stern to build and ship it. Were you waiting too or did you buy from a distributor with old stock?

#10435 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Can I ask when did you buy yours? I bought mine in August and still waiting on Stern to build and ship it. Were you waiting too or did you buy from a distributor with old stock?

It was a mid December 2020 build and from a Container of games headed down under. I was meant to get one from the next batch due in May, but someone pulled out of their order.

#10436 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Ive gone from Pro to Premium. Big SW fan and really got into the code on the Pro when it first came out so decided to buy a Premium. With the premium when you get hyperdrive multiball and get 3 balls in the hyperloop during Destroy the Deathstar or Battle above Endor mini wizards and finish the mode by blowing the Deathstar up into victory multiball is some of the best moments ever in pinball. The hyperloop changes the way you play the game because of how much you want to just see and hear the ball in the hyperloop whipping around the playfield, it never gets old.

Thank you - I appreciate your post. Maybe I should just keep both! I'll have to keep my eyes open for a Premium now.

#10437 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Thank you - I appreciate your post. Maybe I should just keep both! I'll have to keep my eyes open for a Premium now.

Another thing i noticed between the Pro and Premium is the weight and build on the premium is heavier built. Not sure if they used a different kind of wood or what but you know how easy it is to nudge any Stern Pro well the Premium i have when you nudge it the machine barely moves.

#10438 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Another thing i noticed between the Pro and Premium is the weight and build on the premium is heavier built. Not sure if they used a different kind of wood or what but you know how easy it is to nudge any Stern Pro well the Premium i have when you nudge it the machine barely moves.

A cabinet change did occur in 2019. At the very least, the bottom is thicker and better quality material. I found older Stern Shakers had screws that were too short to reach the t-nuts on newer cabs.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#10440 3 years ago

Just replaced the stock speakers on my premium with a full Flipper Fidelity set and what a nice difference...
Had the machine hooked up to a sub since day one but better quality speakers really make a difference with the awesome John Williams score...

#10441 3 years ago

Got my comic pro nov 2019
Thinner clearcoat than my Gotg pro had.
Shaker, PinWoofer, ext vol control.
I love the comic art. The cabinet side art
is like two big splash pages from comics back in the day.

#10442 3 years ago

Weird thing been going on with my SW Comic Art Premium ever since I got it. Ocassionally when I turn the cab on it will say that nodes 1,8,9,10,11 not detected, and much of the playfield will not be lit. I will turn it off and back on - same thing. Then I'll unplug the machine, leave it unplugged for 30 minutes or more, come back and plug in and everything's okay. I would be apt to say that it was anectdotal but this is the case EVERY TIME it does not detect node boards. Any idea?

#10443 3 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Weird thing been going on with my SW Comic Art Premium ever since I got it. Ocassionally when I turn the cab on it will say that nodes 1,8,9,10,11 not detected, and much of the playfield will not be lit. I will turn it off and back on - same thing. Then I'll unplug the machine, leave it unplugged for 30 minutes or more, come back and plug in and everything's okay. I would be apt to say that it was anectdotal but this is the case EVERY TIME it does not detect node boards. Any idea?

Possibly the high voltage button isnt working correctly. Try starting the game with the coin door open and hold the button in manually.

#10444 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1017-modfather-pinball-mods/01223-star-wars-speaker-panel-frames
Anyone ever put a speaker light kit behind these death star grills? Seems like it would be pretty sweet.

I'm not sure how much of the light would shine through the white material that is included with them. I'm also not sure if it can be easily removed from the black part. I could suggest that if the white screen part can be easily removed... possibly you could add some clear plastic canvas in that area instead. This would be more likely to spread the light from the light kit (instead of blocking it) and also appear white when the game is turned off (even though the plastic canvas is considered clear).

...and to more directly answer your original question...I believe I have seen someone use speaker lights with them before, but they were using the craprtastic speaker lights that only light up the 4" speaker holes in the SPIKE 2 games...so it didn't look good. I've seen others using, what might be those, with a fully lit light frame speaker light kit, but I'm not sure because it looks like a different type of white screen in them.

If you look though this threads image gallery you can see the ones I mean.

#10445 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Possibly the high voltage button isnt working correctly. Try starting the game with the coin door open and hold the button in manually.

Yes, this. I had the same error code about nodes (comic pro). Traded emails with Stern and they said some of brackets don’t press the button all the way in. They said to tweak the metal L bracket to further depress the button when the coin door closes. Hopefully that helps.

#10446 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Do you have mode stacking on?

Yes. If you are referring to playing more than one mode at a time I did choose stacking. I can turn off mode stacking and try it that way. Good suggestion.

#10447 3 years ago

Yes. If you are referring to playing more than one mode at a time I did choose stacking. I can turn off mode stacking and try it that way. Good suggestion.

Yeah for sure try it without stacking if your even a decent player. With stacking on you can blow through the game in no time. Plus with stacking on you have 2 movie scenes playing out at same time so you dont get the immersion as much.

#10448 3 years ago

Comic pro JUST unboxed!!! Any specific problems straight out of the box to look for?

#10449 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Comic pro JUST unboxed!!! Any specific problems straight out of the box to look for?

I think this late in the game all the bugs have been worked out. My 2019 Comic Premium work flawlessly out of the box.

#10450 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Congratulations! Was yours backordered or did you recently buy from Distro with stock?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/209?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.