SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 302.
#10301 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Tell us how you REALLY feel...

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Have you seen the hooked on pinball one?

I retract my statement, it wasn’t the one from Hooked that was bad, it was the one from Lighted pinball mods.

This one looks like it may be ok.

If you want to see really nice light up Star Wars ships check out the LED Hangar on Etsy.

#10302 3 years ago

File prints fine from Thingiverse. Thanks PinWorld for sharing the file.

20200711_164201 (resized).jpg20200711_164201 (resized).jpg
#10303 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Is there any chance that I can see some pictures of a fully decked out Pro? (Ie. one modded with extra toys, blades etc.) I’m curious how it looks. Thanks.

Trying to figure out how to get all of this under the glass.

20200705_120014 (resized).jpg20200705_120014 (resized).jpg

#10304 3 years ago

How are folks feeling about production quality of the Comic Art Pro lately? Any things to look out for if I got one New In Box?

#10305 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

File prints fine from Thingiverse. Thanks PinWorld for sharing the file.
[quoted image]

Did you paint that or does it come glossy?

#10306 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Trying to figure out how to get all of this under the playfield.
[quoted image]

Should be no problem to put that stuff under the playfield.

#10307 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Should be no problem to put that stuff under the playfield.

Yes, should only be put under the playfield

#10308 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Did you paint that or does it come glossy?

I painted it like that. I actually do not like it and will probably repaint it to make it look more dirty and not glossy.

#10309 3 years ago

I played a bunch on pins tonight, And then saw a Star Wars Pro that had 3/4 credits on it so I threw in a quarter to play a game...

It was so much better than all of the other pins I played, including Twilight Zone, Stranger Things, and many others. Just shoots like a dream.

Such a shame so few people “get” how good this pin is... Pro or Premiem/LE.

#10310 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What’s the intended behavior of the ball off the scoop? Mine hits the left flipper but a dead bounce sends it to the right sling

Any thoughts on this?

#10311 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Any thoughts on this?

I think is suposed to dead bounce off the left flipper onto the right. I just set mine to softly just drop on the right flipper because it's the same result with less wear and tear.

#10312 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What’s the intended behavior of the ball off the scoop?

Quoted from Jerickso77:

I think is suposed to dead bounce off the left flipper onto the right.

This is what Steve Ritchie told me on facebook, when I asked about intentions for shot returns:
"Since there are 2 orbits shots, I'm going to assume you mean the small orbit which we call the loop shot. A ball shot clockwise should go to the right flipper.
If you meant the large orbit, the ball should also go to the right flipper.
The Mystery kick out should go to the left flipper, BUT if the ball is reliably going to the right flipper, I wouldn't mess with it! [...]"

#10313 3 years ago

I have to say SW Comic Pro was the best decision I made!
The graphics with comic art blades, falcon added makes it one really good looking pinball machine.
The gameplay is absolutely underrated - top sounds/audio ,graphics, video, flow - just works well and makes you want to play again and again!
I have another 6 top end games yet this theme with the comic package attracts the most attention from myself and friends- one word KEEPER!

#10314 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

[quoted image]

Gonna need a widebody mod kit.

#10315 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

[quoted image]

This is the way

20200322_172718 (resized).jpg20200322_172718 (resized).jpg20200322_172935 (resized).jpg20200322_172935 (resized).jpg
#10316 3 years ago

I am the process of trading my GOT Pro with topper for a Star Wars Pro that includes a lit Millennium Falcon. In order to keep Star Wars I need to pay an extra $400. Should I go with the deal? The GOT pro has a regular DMD. Amount of plays is the same for both machines. What would be better to keep for trade in value or for sale? Will Star Wars be easier to sell because of theme or GOT Pro because of rarity and not in production anymore? Star Wars definitely has a deeper rule set and more multiballs. Plus, you can’t beat the video clips with the LCD screen. Thoughts?

#10317 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I am the process of trading my GOT Pro with topper for a Star Wars Pro that includes a lit Millennium Falcon. In order to keep Star Wars I need to pay an extra $400. Should I go with the deal? The GOT pro has a regular DMD. Amount of plays is the same for both machines. What would be better to keep for trade in value or for sale? Will Star Wars be easier to sell because of theme or GOT Pro because of rarity and not in production anymore? Star Wars definitely has a deeper rule set and more multiballs. Plus, you can’t beat the video clips with the LCD screen. Thoughts?

Life is too short to be worrying about a couple of hundred dollars in resale down the line... got pro will never be worth a significant amount more than today (likely less). You need to factor in the enjoyment value of playing a new and better game in Star Wars. Regardless, the resale value for SW pro will be higher than GoT, at some point the SW license will expire as well.

#10318 3 years ago

My mini target 4 won't register hits, I've cleaned the contacts and everything looks okay. Any ideas where to start looking?

Cheers!

Found it, broken ground wire further down the chain.

#10319 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

With the prices of toppers going insane, I think a GoT with topper should be an equal trade or even a bit higher than a SW without topper. And while I like SW quite a bit, I personally think GoT is a more interesting shooter with slightly more interesting code (personal preference). SW is obviously the better theme with better A/V assets and theme will help sell it down the road.

#10320 3 years ago

Adding a disclaimer NOT TO DO THIS. I don't think I can delete this. As I was told below, I could have loosened enough screws to lift up the metal guide high enough to slide the protector underneath it. I tried but I guess I didn't try hard enough and just "assumed' that the prongs into the wood were longer than they were. So I will get another from Cliff the next time I place an order and do this the right way. So use this as an example of what not to do. At least the replacement is only $6 or so.

I was putting the rest of my Cliffy protectors on a few weeks ago and realized the right side of the plunger would need to have the entire right metal guide would have to come up to get the protector in.

I carefully cut the two left holes and filed down. I was able to remove the lower screw from the guide and loosen the one above. I slid in the protector from the right side and pushed it towards the back of the game so the prongs are in the lower part of the hole surrounded by metal. I added the screws back into the guide. It seems to work well.

I’ll watch the shooter lane to ensure the protector doesn’t move or start to dig into the wood. It looks solid but I realize I voided any and all explicit or implicit warranties with Cliff.

B216C6D0-D409-49B5-8CAA-C41D550FCC70 (resized).jpegB216C6D0-D409-49B5-8CAA-C41D550FCC70 (resized).jpeg6A988508-B351-4ED8-BB02-49ACF9C65023 (resized).jpeg6A988508-B351-4ED8-BB02-49ACF9C65023 (resized).jpegAD387708-4C68-4796-B95F-1C5EF8DD4637 (resized).jpegAD387708-4C68-4796-B95F-1C5EF8DD4637 (resized).jpeg

#10321 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I was putting the rest of my Cliffy protectors on a few weeks ago and realized the right side of the plunger would need to have the entire right metal guide would have to come up to get the protector in.
I carefully cut the two left holes and filed down. I was able to remove the lower screw from the guide and loosen the one above. I slid in the protector from the right side and pushed it towards the back of the game so the prongs are in the lower part of the hole surrounded by metal. I added the screws back into the guide. It seems to work well.
I’ll watch the shooter lane to ensure the protector doesn’t move or start to dig into the wood. It looks solid but I realize I voided any and all explicit or implicit warranties with Cliff.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry my friend but that was a mistake. All you had to do was loosen the side rail and slide it under. The front screws needed removed but the back just needs to be loosen enough to allow clearance.

#10322 3 years ago

Honest thoughts on this x wing over the screen? Trying not to over do it

53F219F0-82B9-4DDF-850E-7527B3F78084 (resized).jpeg53F219F0-82B9-4DDF-850E-7527B3F78084 (resized).jpeg
#10323 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Sorry my friend but that was a mistake. All you had to do was loosen the side rail and slide it under. The front screws needed removed but the back just need to be losen enough too allow clearance.

I couldn't lift it up high enough to get the protector in. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. I took out a few of the screws I guess I just didn't lift it high enough to see that I could slide it under. Thanks for telling me.

No matter, I told Cliff that I would most likely order another one soon when I place my next order with him.

#10324 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I couldn't lift it up high enough to get the protector in. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. I took out a few of the screws I guess I just didn't lift it high enough to see that I could slide it under. Thanks for telling me.
No matter, I told Cliff that I would most likely order another one soon when I place my next order with him.

Don't worry, you aren't the only one. I also couldn't lift it high enough to slide mine under. It seemed to have plastic pins and not just screws holding the rail in place. It seemed I was going to have to lift the rail off and then put the Cliffy down over the pins in the wood. Rather than tearing half the machine apart to get enough movement on the rail, I just set my Cliffy's aside...

#10325 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

No worries. My guess is the protector will tap out of position fairly quickly from the ball striking it on eject.

#10326 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Honest thoughts on this x wing over the screen? Trying not to over do it [quoted image]

I quite like it.

I was wondering what you are using to mount the models to the machine. Is there a custom home made bracket, or something I can purchase?

#10327 3 years ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Can anyone layout the rules for the Tie mini-game exactly? In particular the extra ball rules where you hit enough tie fighters to reveal Darth Vader's Tie, then destroy that for an extra ball. Trying to figure out exactly how many hits it takes to start that and how long the timers are on it.
I understand the multipliers and most other rules but I can't find any info in the rule sheets about this particular mechanic.

Here's the official Code 0.93 patch notes about the TIE Fighter mini game:

----------------
- A new challenge was added to the TIE fighter mini-screen main-play 3-bank rules.
- You can now light extra ball from destroying TIE fighters on the mini-screen.
- At each new ball, a random target from the 3-bank, is selected.
- After you destroy some TIE fighters on that target, an Advanced TIE fighter will start showing up.
- After you destroy enough Advanced TIE Fighters a pinball ball will show up."
- Hit the target associated with the pinball on the display to light "Extra Ball".
- There is only one opportunity to light an "Extra Ball" during each ball, and only one can be lit per game.
----------------

TFMG (resized).jpgTFMG (resized).jpg

It takes at minimum 12 hits to get the EB. Destroy 3 TIE Fighters, 2 Advanced TIE Fighters and then finally the EB (6 shots to reveal + 6 shots to destroy). But until you reveal the Advanced TIE Fighter it's not known behind which of the three targets the the EB is hidden. So while it's random, let's assume we know beforehand that the EB is behind the middle target:

1) Shoot Middle target = Reveals TIE Fighter.
2) || = Destroy TIE Fighter.
3) || = Reveal TIE Fighter.
4) || = Destroy TIE Fighter.
5) || = Reveal TIE Fighter.
6) || = Destroy TIE Fighter.
7) || = Reveal Advanced TIE Fighter.
8) || = Destroy Advanced TIE Fighter.
9) || = Reveal Advanced TIE Fighter.
10) || = Destroy Advanced TIE Fighter.
11) || = Reveal Extra Ball.
12) || = Lite Extra Ball.

All revealed targets are on ~about~ a 15 second hurry up with a 1 second or so worth of grace period.

During both TIE Fighter & HyperSpace Multi-balls you are temporarily locked out of 3-Bank mini game so you'll need to find the Advanced TIE Fighter outside of these modes. I find the best time to do this safely is during a Victory MB, so long as I don't have other multi-ball modes stacked.

#10328 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

the TIE Fighter mini game:

I don't think I've ever seen the EB feature on the Mini screen. Is it still in the current code?

#10329 3 years ago

Sure is.

#10330 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I don't think I've ever seen the EB feature on the Mini screen. Is it still in the current code?

Yep, sure is. Played a few games today on code 1.10 and managed to get an EB from the mini-screen. The one EB that's eluding me is the one in Mystery. On earlier code, maybe pre 1.03 I managed to get an EB or two from a Mystery reward but thousands of games later I have not seen another one... very odd.

#10331 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Here's the official Code 0.93 patch notes about the TIE Fighter mini game:

Thanks for posting this info! During one game I had an extra ball pop up on the mini-screen, and there was even a callout that said something like "There's an extra ball in the vicinity", and I wondered how I triggered that. Now I know!

#10332 3 years ago

Cool to see so much renewed interest in my discontinued Missing Worlds mod since the release of the comic edition! I don't make them anymore because they just take too long to produce (they weren't designed for heavy production). The Ice World mod has been available for awhile, but the Sand World for LE/Premium version has been the most requested, so here it is! You can download, print and paint yourself!! Special thanks to dnapac for doing all the legwork getting this to fit on the LE/Premium version

Cheers!

Chuck

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4756224

JABBA LE4 (resized).jpgJABBA LE4 (resized).jpg

Installation details:

https://www.pinworlds.com/install

#10333 3 years ago

I would definitely recommend the hooked on pinball mod. It’s very well done and lights up nicely from the inside. It uses the smaller hallmark destroyer.

130131D1-A463-4BDC-95DF-A461F651186D (resized).jpeg130131D1-A463-4BDC-95DF-A461F651186D (resized).jpeg
#10334 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I would definitely recommend the hooked on pinball mod. It’s very well done and lights up nicely from the inside. It uses the smaller hallmark destroyer. [quoted image]

Clean your lens, bro!

#10335 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Clean your lens, bro!

he did with the stick of butter he had in his pocket.

#10336 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Clean your lens, bro!

This reminds me of the lens glare that JJ Abrams added to the Star Trek movies.

#10337 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

This reminds me of the lens glare that JJ Abrams added to the Star Trek movies.

*lens flare... Because he is JJ and he is the king of lens flares! I make it a game to try and count them in his movies.

#10338 3 years ago

OK, I finally joined the Club. I got this for my Daughter for her 7th B-Day. She is super into both pinball and Star Wars at the moment. We spent the last week cleaning it up and adding a bunch of stuff. She even installed the Shaker by herself! Mirror blades are just awesome on this pin. Still need to adjust some rails and the VUK to deal with enraging drains, but otherwise it's beautiful.

IMG_20210207_110831790 (resized).jpgIMG_20210207_110831790 (resized).jpgIMG_20210207_110854737 (resized).jpgIMG_20210207_110854737 (resized).jpgIMG_20210207_110908878 (resized).jpgIMG_20210207_110908878 (resized).jpg
#10339 3 years ago
Quoted from Toastin:

OK, I finally joined the Club. I got this for my Daughter for her 7th B-Day. She is super into both pinball and Star Wars at the moment. We spent the last week cleaning it up and adding a bunch of stuff. She even installed the Shaker by herself! Mirror blades are just awesome on this pin. Still need to adjust some rails and the VUK to deal with enraging drains, but otherwise it's beautiful.

So beautiful... congratulations! I have been waiting since August for mine. Should be here next month!

#10340 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So beautiful... congratulations! I have been waiting since August for mine. Should be here next month!

Mine is next month too

#10341 3 years ago

That is one extremely happy girl, I bet.

#10342 3 years ago

Lol blowing up the Death Star followed by victory multiball is so ridiculously fun

#10343 3 years ago

You’re all gonna be happy when you get yours! Best game ever.

I just picked up a loaded LE after owning both a pro and premium. They all are super fun.

AD0911BC-116A-489D-9679-ED88B14DCD82 (resized).jpegAD0911BC-116A-489D-9679-ED88B14DCD82 (resized).jpeg
#10344 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

You’re all gonna be happy when you get yours! Best game ever.
I just picked up a loaded LE after owning both a pro and premium. They all are super fun.
[quoted image]

Do you know who produces those inner art blades?

#10345 3 years ago

I just received and installed this in my game from @YouBentMyWookie

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie

They look really nice in person.

IMG_8963 (resized).jpegIMG_8963 (resized).jpegIMG_8965 (resized).jpegIMG_8965 (resized).jpegIMG_8961 (resized).jpegIMG_8961 (resized).jpeg

#10346 3 years ago

Well I see the Star Wars Comic versions have officially been retired. Stern moved them over to the archived game list on the website. Anyone owning one has a pretty rare pin.

#10347 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I just received and installed this in my game from @YouBentMyWookie
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie
They look really nice in person.

Me too!

#10348 3 years ago

Well I see the Star Wars Comic versions have officially been retired. Stern moved them over to the archived game list on the website. Anyone owning one has a pretty rare pin.

Not sure how I feel about it being rare (I guess it feels cool and like I'm in some sort of an exclusive club), but all I know is that our one is not going anywhere, ever!

SWars (resized).jpgSWars (resized).jpg
#10349 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Do you know who produces those inner art blades?

I don’t sorry! They came on the machine already. I’ve def never seen them before.

#10350 3 years ago

I don't know if I would call them rare. They knocked out a couple of runs of them. Would be interesting to know the numbers compared to the original premium and pros.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.