20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 300.
#10251 3 years ago

Does anyone have an extra pinworld tatooine mod for prem/le? Please send me a PM, thanks

#10252 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

SW took a solid thrashing on Pinside when it came out, and that had to have had a negative impact on sales (since the people here are a large part of the market). I think the fact that they released the comic and home pin versions are evidence that they were trying to recoup some losses on the license...but I don't think either of those sold well, either. And it's a shame because the game is great--just goes to show what a few Negative Nellies on this site can do to ruin a good time.

That’s crazy talk. SW was a cash cow for Stern. They keep going back to the well because it keeps selling.

#10253 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I never understood the comic version myself

I have the Data East SW machine myself, in addition to my standard Stern Prem. The DE machine graphics are pretty much in line with the Comic editions. A lot of similarities in the graphics.

#10254 3 years ago

Comic Obi looks bad was my main gripe with the Comic version but the Comic Bobba Fett cabinet side is bad ass! I noticed my Dec 2020 build of SW feels alot heavier then all the other recent Sterns ive had, is harder to nudge since it feels more solid, and playfield doesnt dimple as much for some reason compared to DP, AIQ, TMNT, and JP2 all with 2020 build dates. All 5 recent games have had great playfields with zero issues!

#10255 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

... but the Comic Bobba Fett cabinet side is bad ass!

Confirmed: Comic Bobba Fett *is* bad-ass. A main reason I got the Comic Premium, the art is *so* good.

#10256 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Confirmed: Comic Bobba Fett *is* bad-ass. A main reason I got the Comic Premium, the art is *so* good.

Bobba could be a good reason to get the comic art one BUT in my case my pins are so close together that you see no side art. Wish real Bobba was on the original side art.

#10257 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That’s crazy talk. SW was a cash cow for Stern. They keep going back to the well because it keeps selling.

Perhaps. Sounded to me like everybody hated it. I had people busting my balls because I got the LE. They're not mocking me anymore, though! But I'm still sticking with my guess that the comic and home editions didn't sell well. I guess they're rerunning the original soon, so you may be right on that.

#10258 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Perhaps. Sounded to me like everybody hated it. I had people busting my balls because I got the LE. They're not mocking me anymore, though! But I'm still sticking with my guess that the comic and home editions didn't sell well. I guess they're rerunning the original soon, so you may be right on that.

Would've loved to get an LE however at that time (2019) I could only buy 1 and I chose JPLE. I don't regret the choice. Just wish I could have both LEs lol. SWLEs do come up in the market place for a reasonable amount. JPLE does not. Here in Canada it's pretty barren as far as reasonably priced used games anyway.

Folks here are asking around 10kCAD for a used prem. Hence why I ordered a NIB. Same price.

#10259 3 years ago

R2 Topper up for sale in the market!if you want it great and I am sure the price police will chime in but they are no longer available according to my research and it will only be going up in the future,I paid a premium when I bought it to!

#10260 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

SW took a solid thrashing on Pinside when it came out, and that had to have had a negative impact on sales (since the people here are a large part of the market). I think the fact that they released the comic and home pin versions are evidence that they were trying to recoup some losses on the license...but I don't think either of those sold well, either. And it's a shame because the game is great--just goes to show what a few Negative Nellies on this site can do to ruin a good time.

Well iam glad I bought a Comic art pro looks awesome in person game plays fast and fun I consider it a win!

#10261 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I have the Data East SW machine myself, in addition to my standard Stern Prem. The DE machine graphics are pretty much in line with the Comic editions. A lot of similarities in the graphics.

This ^^^ I can't unsee DESW in the Stern comic art package.

Its nice to have options!

#10262 3 years ago

I'd be more than happy with an Original art prem...but I'd still be thinking about your Comic art prem when I played her.

#10263 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Is there any chance that I can see some pictures of a fully decked out Pro? (Ie. one modded with extra toys, blades etc.) I’m curious how it looks. Thanks.

Not a ton of mods here. Just the storm trooper shooter knob and comic art blades (which make a huge difference in my opinion)

9BCB6782-1AC1-4CCD-A9CC-88F9011F2FC6 (resized).jpeg9BCB6782-1AC1-4CCD-A9CC-88F9011F2FC6 (resized).jpegCD3355B1-BAC7-4B2B-98DC-FEF3ECF6735C (resized).jpegCD3355B1-BAC7-4B2B-98DC-FEF3ECF6735C (resized).jpeg
#10264 3 years ago

Honeymoon faze here but Jesus, What a freaking masterpiece layout. The hyperloop jump ramp might be the most satisfying shot I’ve ever hit. There are no cheap rejects from the shot, you just need to have enough juice to make it up there... so good

#10265 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I personally just like the brighter colors of the playfield on the Comic versions. I can see why some would prefer the original art, but from a distance, the comic art pops. Also, the Comic Premium has my favorite backglass art of any pin.

#10266 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I never understood the comic version myself. But to each his own I suppose.

I'm glad that you can be wrong and we can still be friends.

#10267 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

We can be friends, but I charge for that service.

#10268 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

LOL

#10269 3 years ago

Had my first random slam tilt tonight, when I hit the targets for an extra ball.
Was there a fix for this issue?

#10270 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Had my first random slam tilt tonight, when I hit the targets for an extra ball.
Was there a fix for this issue?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf

#10271 3 years ago

I have a capacitor service kit 502-7060-00. Can anyone confirm it is the same capacitor?

20210203_214843 (resized).jpg20210203_214843 (resized).jpg
#10272 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a capacitor service kit 502-7060-00. Can anyone confirm it is the same capacitor?

My kit came as part # 502-7059-00. Different number, but it looks exactly the same as the above. No problems since installation!

003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG

#10273 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

[quoted image]

What is the value printed on the actual capacitor?

#10274 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:What is the value printed on the actual capacitor?

For kit 502-7059-00 (which I received a week after the last code update) the capacitor has the following markings:

220uf80v
125 (degrees) C
H1744

#10275 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

For kit 502-7059-00 (which I received a week after the last code update) the capacitor has the following markings:
220uf80v
125 (degrees) C
H1744

Mine is the same except H1731

20210204_075900 (resized).jpg20210204_075900 (resized).jpg20210204_075906 (resized).jpg20210204_075906 (resized).jpg
#10276 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Is there any chance that I can see some pictures of a fully decked out Pro? (Ie. one modded with extra toys, blades etc.) I’m curious how it looks. Thanks.

Here is my pro with Falcon mod, mirror blades, and colored force inserts.

20210204_084012 (resized).jpg20210204_084012 (resized).jpg
#10277 3 years ago

Still looking for a pinworld tatooine and or at at mod for premium. Hit me up if you have one.

#10278 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Mine is the same except H1731[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s the correct value and the same as mine that works flawlessly. Do you have a multimeter that can test capacity of a capacitor? The cap might be bad or one of the crimps might be iffy. Is it a Stern shaker or aftermarket?

#10279 3 years ago

That’s the correct value and the same as mine that works flawlessly. Do you have a multimeter that can test capacity of a capacitor? The cap might be bad or one of the crimps might be iffy. Is it a Stern shaker or aftermarket?

I have an old multimeter that I'm not sure how to use correctly.
I believe it's a Stern shaker, but I will check to make sure.

#10280 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have an old multimeter that I'm not sure how to use correctly.
I believe it's a Stern shaker, but I will check to make sure.

So are you asking if the part you have is ok to install or have you already installed it and still getting the slam tilts? In theory you should be good to go after installing the cap as shown in the directions.

#10281 3 years ago

Can anyone layout the rules for the Tie mini-game exactly? In particular the extra ball rules where you hit enough tie fighters to reveal Darth Vader's Tie, then destroy that for an extra ball. Trying to figure out exactly how many hits it takes to start that and how long the timers are on it.

I understand the multipliers and most other rules but I can't find any info in the rule sheets about this particular mechanic.

#10282 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

My kit came as part # 502-7059-00. Different number, but it looks exactly the same as the above. No problems since installation!
[quoted image]

Can you take a picture of your cap installed? No idea where that node power cable is on mine.

16124545302911983937558 (resized).jpg16124545302911983937558 (resized).jpg
#10283 3 years ago

So are you asking if the part you have is ok to install or have you already installed it and still getting the slam tilts? In theory you should be good to go after installing the cap as shown in the directions.

I wanted to know if I could install the one I have. Thanks for all the responses

#10284 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Can you take a picture of your cap installed? No idea where that node power cable is on mine.
[quoted image]

I believe it's the bottom right corner with grey and black wires

#10285 3 years ago

Got it thanks!

#10286 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Still looking for a pinworld tatooine and or at at mod for premium. Hit me up if you have one.

If you are interested, PinWorlds has posted some of the files for the pop cap and the ion cannon mod for you to print yourself (or have printed by a service). Then for Hoth, you would just need the AT-AT hot wheels toy...

https://www.thingiverse.com/pinworlds/designs

I got lucky and saw a set pop up a few months ago in the marketplace...grabbed it quickly. It is my understanding he doesn't plan on running these again.

#10287 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

If you are interested, PinWorlds has posted some of the files for the pop cap and the ion cannon mod for you to print yourself (or have printed by a service). Then for Hoth, you would just need the AT-AT hot wheels toy...
https://www.thingiverse.com/pinworlds/designs
I got lucky and saw a set pop up a few months ago in the marketplace...grabbed it quickly. It is my understanding he doesn't plan on running these again.

Thank you

#10288 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

To show you a different take , here's with mirror blades and a couple of ships (from the X-Wing miniatures boardgame, no lights but I think it still does a great job to populate the playfield).

IMG_5143 (resized).JPGIMG_5143 (resized).JPGIMG_5144 (resized).JPGIMG_5144 (resized).JPG
#10289 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Can you take a picture of your cap installed?

007 (resized).JPG007 (resized).JPG
#10290 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

[quoted image]

Now I'm a bit confused. I do not have this board here.

Screenshot_20210204-132336_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210204-132336_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#10291 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Now I'm a bit confused. I do not have this board here.

The board for the cap kit is the same - the one on top.

That lower board is an add-on for a physical knocker. Couldn't stand the "screech" and wanted the real thing. Pinball life and others have them:

https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html

#10292 3 years ago

Installed these sweet blades and a star destroyer. I have an illuminated one from hooked on pinball coming but I’m kind of loving how this one looks.

0BFC723A-45AD-40BD-A579-A095EAD6C9A4 (resized).jpeg0BFC723A-45AD-40BD-A579-A095EAD6C9A4 (resized).jpeg
#10293 3 years ago

What’s the intended behavior of the ball off the scoop? Mine hits the left flipper but a dead bounce sends it to the right sling

#10294 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Installed these sweet blades

Where can those be obtained?

#10295 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Where can those be obtained?

Try pming @twenty84, he might not make them anymore but he had a pair left when I reached out .

#10296 3 years ago

thanks Flancrest_ent , Jerickso77 , firebrand007 and nicoy3k for the pics. Much appreciated.

#10297 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Here are a few pics of mine (stolen from my for sale ad). I spent a lot of time with placement of the X-Wing minatures. I recently moved the Falcon further forward than the stock premium/LE position to cover up the ugly spotlights a bit. I like it there. I originally had it in the stock position, and an X-Wing in front of it over the spotlights. That was nice too (and recreated the scene from the movie a little better), but I think I like it like this a bit more. It just looks a little off if you are used to the prem/LE position.

The X-Wing game miniatures (and Armada Star Destroyer) really add a lot to the game and are easy to add. Just bend up a little music wire and hot glue it into the stand mounts in the bottom of the ships. They are amazingly detailed for the price and have been more durable than I expected. I have had an airball knock a X-Wing off it's wire, with no damage to the ship, even the tiny blasters on the wing tips.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10298 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Installed these sweet blades and a star destroyer. I have an illuminated one from hooked on pinball coming but I’m kind of loving how this one looks. [quoted image]

The illuminated one looks like a hunk of shit.

The star destroyer you have is the nicest of them all.

#10299 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Tell us how you REALLY feel...

#10300 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The star destroyer you have is the nicest of them all.

Have you seen the hooked on pinball one?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Union, KY
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Palm Springs, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
13,700 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/206?hl=ray3127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.