IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 301.
#10201 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

How far along are you in the process of "If I move this, I can fit a machine here"......

Oh, quite far. I have it all mapped out on AutoCAD!

We actually have to move the pool table to accommodate the pinball machine; that should be done by the end of the week. Then I can really fine tune the rest of it and see how many we can fit...

I think I'll be patient though. Theme is a huge factor for me. I view this pin as a true collector's item that's a whole lot of fun to have/play. Star Wars was the no brainer #1 choice for me, so once I found out that was a current theme, and that the Comic ones were on the way out, I had to act fast.

The more I learn/play the more I'll appreciate great gameplay in a pin, but right now if the theme doesn't mean a whole lot to me it won't matter. Tron was the only "older" pin I considered, largely for that reason. However, I could see Harry Potter, a new BTTF, Battlestar Galactica, and/or a singer/band that I really like added to my lineup if they are ever made.

#10202 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#10203 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Yeah I had to pay $$$ shipping, but at least no tax so kind of a wash. I also was getting the feeling they were all gone so I jumped on it, and with the recent post confirming Stern isn't making any more I'm glad I did.

The LCD bezel I got from pinball pro (https://pinballpro.net/shop/stern-star-wars-monitor-bezel/). He is actually the Stern dealer I visited, couldn't get the game from him but got a bunch of accessories. My wife actually commented on the bezel, asking if it came with because it matches some of the playfield.

Thank you! It is such a fun and beautiful game. My wife actually loves playing it, she can get a little competitive! If your wife is giving you the green light, maybe you should listen!!
Her parents actually have a Gottlieb Flying Carpet machine. No disrespect, but that thing never excited me, and was part of the reason I didn't care for pinball much before. It's a far cry from machines today. Now I am hooked!

It was a $500 difference in price delivered for me unfortunately and i dont get attached to games so thats $500 extra loss besides the NIB resell loss id eat when i resell someday.

Quoted from Crispy77:

love the look of the mirror blades on the OG premium

I was thinking mirror blades too since i havent seen any art blades yet that i like for this title besides the comic ones but they dont match the OG.

#10204 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

It was a $500 difference in price delivered for me unfortunately and i dont get attached to games so thats $500 extra loss besides the NIB resell loss id eat when i resell someday.

I was thinking mirror blades too since i havent seen any art blades yet that i like for this title besides the comic ones but they dont match the OG.

Makes sense! When I pulled the trigger this was "the only pinball I'll ever own." Unlikely now, but still unlikely that I ever re-sell it.

I think the mirrors on the OG would look super sharp! I saw some posts back in this thread where people put the comic blades on the OG pin if you want to see how it looks. I think I prefer mirror in your situation though.

#10205 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Fellow civil engineer? The wife will be glad to know I’m not the only one using AutoCad for game room layouts! I can see her eye roll now.

#10206 3 years ago
Quoted from Flancrest_ent:

Fellow civil engineer? The wife will be glad to know I’m not the only one using AutoCad for game room layouts! I can see her eye roll now.

Not quite, I built a couple houses and had a friend draw them (he teaches Engineering/Cad). Then I kept asking him to draw more ideas, and he "outsourced" his duties to me I just have a student edition, but it is awesome for furniture shopping/placement. Super helpful, no eye rolls here!

#10207 3 years ago

Just got Star Wars premium to day not sure why are there so many Nod Errors.

Something about a board like 6 of them?

Please advise

#10208 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Please advise

Close the coin door before powering on. That's if your SW has the coin door switch installed. Not all do.

#10209 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Please advise

Yeah I'm a total newbie to pinball and had that problem. I had my coin door shut, but the little white switch that the door presses when it is closed wasn't aligned perfectly. I had to fiddle with it a little to get it to work. Once it did i was golden.

#10210 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Yeah I'm a total newbie to pinball and had that problem. I had my coin door shut, but the little white switch that the door presses when it is closed wasn't aligned perfectly. I had to fiddle with it a little to get it to work. Once it did i was golden.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Close the coin door before powering on. That's if your SW has the coin door switch installed. Not all do.

What the heck is Nod?

It's not like a new to pinball machines have been collecting for years and everything which seems to work as it should?

#10211 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

What the heck is Nod?
It's not like a new to pinball machines have been collecting for years and everything which seems to work as it should?

I see you are a seasoned vet! I assumed it was a typo and you meant Node.

Mine wouldn't boot up or really work til the coin door pressed that white switch. Then the node errors went away.

But maybe you are talking about something else entirely.

#10212 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

This. I had an error locating Nodes 1-8-9-10. Stern advised that on some machines the L brackets on the coin door don't fully press in the switch and to adjust it. Fixed my error code, all good after that.

#10213 3 years ago

This. I had an error locating Nodes 1-8-9-10. Stern advised that on some machines the L brackets on the coin door don't fully press in the switch and to adjust it. Fixed my error code, all good after that.

That's great information.
I'll try that tomorrow.

Just bought yesterday!
I thought wife was going to kill me as we just bought zepplin pro.
Found a guy locally selling premium comic and snagged it.(Crazy Happy)

She put 2 games on it looked at me and said she likes it a lot more than Zeppelin.

She also told me she hates Star Wars but loves the lights and the playfield layout.

For some extra insight she really likes Zepplin pro as do I.

Immediately stole shaker from Zeppelin and put Subwoofer on Star Wars wow what a difference.

#10214 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Proud new SWC Premium owner here! I’d like to share my pinball journey, brief as it currently is.
It started with the search for a new game table for the basement. We currently have a pool table (w/ping pong topper), and a nice poker table that we usually play board games on. Initially I was thinking foosball, but after playing at my in-laws and looking at a few tables, I just didn’t love the game. However, in doing research I stumbled across bubble hockey, and ultimately decided on a Super Chexx Pro, which I ordered a couple days before Christmas.
Pinside happened to have some of the most helpful threads about Super Chexx, so I spent a good deal of time on the website. I never thought I would care to own a pinball machine, but the more time I spent on the site, the more intrigued I became.
Jan. 7: Two houses up from me is a very knowledgeable and helpful neighbor, who happens to be a pinball enthusiast and Pinside member. He has seven pins in his basement, so I reached out to him with questions.
Jan. 8: Continued to research online, and came across Star Wars Comic Art machines. I kind of got stuck on the Star Wars theme, and wanted a Premium because of the wire forms and hyperloop. I contacted several of the closest dealers, and they all said the Comic Art Premiums were long gone.
Jan. 9: Went to the closest Stern dealer (about an hour away) to play several games, and also played my neighbor’s machines. Decided I needed a pinball machine. The dealer couldn’t locate a SWC Premium, so I emailed Stern directly. They put me in touch with Pinball Pirate in Benicia, CA, saying they *might* have a SWC Premium …. And they did!
Jan. 11: Officially ordered the SWC Premium from Pinball Pirate.
Jan. 12: Machine shipped.
Jan. 18: Machine arrived and set up!
I’ve added several mods/upgrades to the machine:
- PDI Glass
- Pinball Pro Premium Speakers
- Apron Cards (@YouBentMyWookie) … must have!
- Comic Art Blades (I had previously asked for opinions on these vs. mirror … these are awesome, though I think mirrors would look great as well)
- Stormtrooper Shooter Rod
- LCD Monitor Bezel
- Plastic Protectors (Mezelmods)
- Death Star Button (Mod Couple)
- Custom Satellites (Mod Couple)
- Speaker Lighting (Mod Couple)
I have the character color gels & airball protector from Mezelmods as well, though I’m not sure I’m going to put them in.
I feel like I went a little overboard with add-ons in anticipation of receiving my first pin, but it all looks great.
The whole thing has been a whirlwind journey. If you told me three weeks ago I’d have a pinball machine in my basement, I would’ve laughed hysterically. And here we are.
I don’t think I will own MANY pins … but I could see having 2-3 total, and I already have a wish list of new themes that would interest me. Thanks to all on these boards and in this thread!
Oh, and the Super Chexx Pro finally arrives tomorrow!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the Magic Kingdom poster in the background, too!

#10215 3 years ago

Congrats! I went on a similar whirlwind tour and getting sucked in! Which LCD Bezel is that one?

LCD Bezel is so easy to "produce".
You need a picture, fit the size (i put the jpg in word and resize them there), print it, carpet tape for sticking, painting the thin sides black. Ready.
Nearly no difference to a bought one.

P1040225 (resized).JPGP1040225 (resized).JPGffffff (resized).pngffffff (resized).pngxc1 (resized).pngxc1 (resized).png
#10216 3 years ago

Are there any sound mods for this game to mix up the call outs? (More character voices?)

#10217 3 years ago

Just updated to 1.10 can someone supply link so I can see what changed?

#10218 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Just updated to 1.10 can someone supply link so I can see what changed?

It's in the stern site

#10219 3 years ago

Need this 5V Bulb and Comet says it's exclusive Stern

Anyone know how or where to get this?

20210129_112435 (resized).jpg20210129_112435 (resized).jpg20210129_112439 (resized).jpg20210129_112439 (resized).jpg
#10220 3 years ago

Red 5 is ready for his approach run...

IMG_20210130_123305_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20210130_123305_01 (resized).jpg

Decided to move it back to have Han help out...

PXL_20210130_190902452 (resized).jpgPXL_20210130_190902452 (resized).jpg
#10221 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Red 5 is ready for his approach run...
[quoted image]
Decided to move it back to have Han help out...[quoted image]

I LIKE! which one is it and how is it mounted? Cheers

#10222 3 years ago

It's just a standard Hot Wheels X-wing toy

https://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/star-wars/hot-wheels-star-wars-x-wing-fighter-red-five-vehicle-ftt49

I modified PinWorld Charlie's sand world bracket to have an end that matches the original hot wheels stand mount and had a friend 3D print. The bracket mounts to the hyper loop and the toy snaps in to the modified end.

Screenshot_20210130-173507 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210130-173507 (resized).png
#10223 3 years ago

Stupid question, how do I force restart a game? I have the restart setting on but when i hold start nothing happens. Thanks

#10224 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Need this 5V Bulb and Comet says it's exclusive Stern
Anyone know how or where to get this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Marco has them:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/113-5032-08

#10226 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Stupid question, how do I force restart a game? I have the restart setting on but when i hold start nothing happens. Thanks

Left Flipper button and Start at the same time......I believe.

#10227 3 years ago

Just joined the club with a NIB premium original art

First impression- holy hell this game feels like a complete package.

Any tips for set up? Do most people turn off stacking?

#10228 3 years ago

I turn stacking off so I can see the modes / movie scenes as a stand alone experience.

The game is a ball buster so I don’t see that many modes but there is always more to discover.

#10229 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I turn stacking off so I can see the modes / movie scenes as a stand alone experience.
The game is a ball buster so I don’t see that many modes but there is always more to discover.

What is turn off stacking?
Got game few days ago and have been busy so not put alot of time in.

Where and why do I turn off stacking

#10230 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just joined the club with a NIB premium original art
First impression- holy hell this game feels like a complete package.
Any tips for set up? Do most people turn off stacking?

Congrats on new Toy!

How could you part with JP2 though? Such a fun game.

#10234 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

What is turn off stacking?
Got game few days ago and have been busy so not put alot of time in.
Where and why do I turn off stacking

Stacking allows you to play more than one mode at a time. The default settings are for stacking on.

#10235 3 years ago

More early impressions

HOLY THEME INTEGRATION BATMAN

Are you KIDDING me??

How is this game not in the top 10 based on that alone????

The call outs, music, video scenes, is there anything better than this in pinball? I’m blown away

Back to playing

#10236 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

More early impressions
Are you KIDDING me??

It was #2 for a very short time.

#10237 3 years ago

Late to the party but I can’t believe people shit on the tie fighter because it’s on a spring, the thing has a coil behind it.... it’s a legit nice toy

#10238 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Late to the party but I can’t believe people shit on the tie fighter because it’s on a spring, the thing has a coil behind it.... it’s a legit nice toy

People shit on everything
But eventually they come around

#10239 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

More early impressions
Are you KIDDING me??
The call outs, music, video scenes, is there anything better than this in pinball? I’m blown away
Back to playing

Look at my ratings and you’ll see where I rate this game...

The reason people shot on it is for one of the following (unfair) reasons:

1. Have never played premium version and rate it based on not liking more open and bare Pro version (which many like, but others hate).

2. Have only played it on location with poor setup with wide outlanes and had a bad experience with losing all 3 balls quickly.

3. Like packed playfield style pins, and don’t like flow style pins like SW.

4. Just want to hate on it because they love Star Wars and punish the pin for not being a JJP toy-filled adventure.

5. Just want to hate on it because they hate Star Wars.

#10240 3 years ago

Is Stern still making the Star Wars Pro Comic Edition?

I looked at my Aussie distributor website (AMD Amusments) and they are no longer advertising it, only the standard edition?

#10241 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Is Stern still making the Star Wars Pro Comic Edition?
I looked at my Aussie distributor website (AMD Amusments) and they are no longer advertising it, only the standard edition?

Zax Amusements (in VIC) have it on backorder

#10242 3 years ago

Is there any chance that I can see some pictures of a fully decked out Pro? (Ie. one modded with extra toys, blades etc.) I’m curious how it looks. Thanks.

#10243 3 years ago

Out of production on Stern website
Lucky I got my Comic pro in december
Best game in my collection!
I think these will be sought after longterm due to low supply and look so much better than original pro

#10244 3 years ago

Is there any chance that I can see some pictures of a fully decked out Pro. (Ie. with mods,

Quoted from MrTilt:

Out of production on Stern website
Lucky I got my Comic pro in december
Best game in my collection!
I think these will be sought after longterm due to low supply and look so much better than original pro

Bummer...I wonder why they would stop production of the version with arguably the better art package?

#10245 3 years ago

I debated going with a comic pro vs my original premium because I thought the comic would hold all of or increase its value... but I intend to keep this game and the hyper loop to me is a must-have feature.

Also to me, in person, the original art is better (especially the premium package). Though comic is wonderful also.

I did notice that the comic versions tend to show dimples in the center of the playfield a lot more than the original versions. I noticed this both in person and going through market ads. I think it’s because the comic art is much lighter (especially in the middle) so it shows/reflects the dimples more.

#10246 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Is there any chance that I can see some pictures of a fully decked out Pro. (Ie. with mods,

Bummer...I wonder why they would stop production of the version with arguably the better art package?

Better art package for you maybe but not everyone. I personally do not like the comic version at all. Pretty sure that if it was selling better than original art they would have kept making it. Stern is in it to make money.

#10247 3 years ago

I much prefer the original art in every way. The font used on the comic version is a big turn off for me...just doesn't look like right. But great to have choices!

#10248 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Since the movie was not a cartoon, the original art is appropriate.

#10249 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Since the movie was not a cartoon, the original art is appropriate.

I never understood the comic version myself. But to each his own I suppose.

#10250 3 years ago

SW took a solid thrashing on Pinside when it came out, and that had to have had a negative impact on sales (since the people here are a large part of the market). I think the fact that they released the comic and home pin versions are evidence that they were trying to recoup some losses on the license...but I don't think either of those sold well, either. And it's a shame because the game is great--just goes to show what a few Negative Nellies on this site can do to ruin a good time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/205?hl=ray3127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.