IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 301.
#10101 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Star Wars is an extra picky title. The side to side level needs to be perfect for both the front and rear of the game. You also need the pitch to be 6.5 degrees. If you have those two things dialed in the game flows.

Totally agree!

By the way, the way I level my game is to get the pitch to 6.5 and the playfield “level,” then play a game trying to hit the orbits. When the ball comes out of the orbit, I look closely to see if it is drifting toward or away from the sling and micro-adjust until it flows straight toward the flipper without drifting either direction.

Once that occurs, everything shoots like a dream!

#10102 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

And again, because they are rating it without comments, they don’t show up when you look at the comments, so they don’t get flagged as being bogus nearly as much as they would if they left comments.
Also, the average ranking with comments is over 9, the average ranking without comments is 6. There is clearly an issue.
Pinside should just throw out the Top 20% of ratings and bottom 20% and then let the middle 60% count for the rating. Or use the median number rather than the average number...

Read up on the trimmed mean average, it’s how it should work without anyone knowing whether the rating they submitted is applied or not.

#10103 3 years ago

Mean Check level closer (under) the head, that been done, dead star entry will be easier even with left flipper

#10104 3 years ago
Quoted from Frboisvert:

Mean Check level closer (under) the head, that been done, dead star entry will be easier even with left flipper

Do you still check the level on top of the playfield itself, but just below the left ramp?

#10105 3 years ago
Quoted from Frboisvert:

Left flipper fork ramp shot? I would like to see video proof of that. I’ve done it with the left flipper but with lots of momentum already on the ball. At 6.5 degrees it seems nearly impossible with stock coils.

#10106 3 years ago

Left flipper fork ramp shot? I would like to see video proof of that. I’ve done it with the left flipper but with lots of momentum already on the ball. At 6.5 degrees it seems nearly impossible with stock coils.

I’ve backhanded it from a dead stop. Not often, but can be done if you catch it right. Super satisfying because it barely makes it and then gets “grabbed” by the magnets and off it goes...

#10107 3 years ago

I can hit the Death Star shot regularly with the left flipper from the ball cradled (well... by regularly I mean something like 2 out of 10 attempts) and I keep the pitch at >7. My SW Comic Premium is only a month old, maybe age has something to do with it, but the flippers at default setting sure have plenty of power for now.

You are close enough... come over and check it out if you don't believe me.

#10108 3 years ago

Actually, here you go... just walked over to my SW and did it - got it on my second try, while holding the phone! Was a bit proud for a moment.

#10109 3 years ago

Not sure of how different/difficult it is to the Pro, but I do it a lot on mine.

#10110 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I can hit the Death Star shot regularly with the left flipper from the ball cradled (well... by regularly I mean something like 2 out of 10 attempts) and I keep the pitch at >7. My SW Comic Premium is only a month old, maybe age has something to do with it, but the flippers at default setting sure have plenty of power for now.
You are close enough... come over and check it out if you don't believe me.

I can hit it ~50% of the time from a dead stop backhand. LE at ~6.5 degrees.

#10111 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Not sure of how different/difficult it is to the Pro, but I do it a lot on mine.

It is easily done on the pro. Premium / LE is a different story.

#10112 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Actually, here you go... just walked over to my SW and did it - got it on my second try, while holding the phone! Was a bit proud for a moment.

That’s impressive. Now I have to do some tweaking. I just figured it wasn’t possible and wrote it off. I could do it when it was under 6.5 but at 6.5 the shot is dead to me.

#10113 3 years ago

It is easily done on the pro. Premium / LE is a different story.

How so? I understand the mechanism on the higher end pins but the shot is still the same (left loop Death Star) no?

#10114 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

How so? I understand the mechanism on the higher end pins but the shot is still the same (left loop Death Star) no?

The fork ramp makes it considerably harder. It has to be a precise shot to ride the rails of the fork ramp. When the fork is down it is easy. Up is a different beast. Part of the charm.

#10115 3 years ago

My right flipper seems slightly stronger than my left. I already replaced the coil stops. My guess is something is binding just a little bit. I'll take it apart and report back. Might just need the gap adjusted between the flipper and bushing. I need to be able to make that left flipper fork ramp shot now that I know it is possible.

#10116 3 years ago

My right flipper seems slightly stronger than my left. I already replaced the coil stops. My guess is something is binding just a little bit. I'll take it apart and report back. Might just need the gap adjusted between the flipper and bushing. I need to be able to make that left flipper fork ramp shot now that I know it is possible.

Godspeed!!

#10117 3 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

When the "escape" insert is lit on the right outlane, aren't you supposed to get the ball back?
I sometimes don't. I see the lit insert and do not nudge, but when the ball goes that way I don't get it back.
Anyone else?

I think my question got drowned by some new rating. I ask again, anyone with the same experience?

#10118 3 years ago

Is it just me or is R2D2 the clearly best character to use? The other special abilities seem to be only used in specific modes or situations while R2 ability is good all the time for shot multipliers.

I haven’t looked at the supplemental bonus ‘paths’ spotted to see if those might make another character as strong R2.

I have not played a ton so I’m still learning the game, was reading the rules and it says the Force (2x bonus) only time out when the overall bonus x times out?

#10119 3 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

I think my question got drowned by some new rating. I ask again, anyone with the same experience?

Yes, if escape is lit, you should get your ball back. Make sure it is really lit though, not just flashing as part of a light show (some games have this problem, some do not...I can't remember if SW uses that insert in light shows or not).

If it is lit and you aren't getting the ball back when draining down that outlane, I would take a look at the switch in the outlane. Make sure a ball (not just your finger) will trigger it in the switch test, and also make sure it isn't just barely getting triggered as that could lead to a fast moving ball missing it.

#10120 3 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Need a little help.
I have not played my SW pro for about month.
Went down and turned it on and got this.
I will not be able to dig into it until next weekend.
Any help would be great.
Not much knowledge on the system and type of boards.
Thanks,
Bill
[quoted image]

Just a update on this issue. It was a CPU problem. Stern took care of me! It was out of warranty, but they took care of me. They told me it was the first time they have seen the issue. Sent me a new CPU, with the help from Trent from Tilt (did not get my pin form Tilt but my distro does not deal with Stern anymore due to business decline from C19).
Don't shy away from contacting Stern if your pin is not working right if it is out of warranty.
I installed CPU and BAM! Working, then I got the Slam tilt issue after the update and I sent a email to Stern and they sent me the shaker Cap fix the next day.

#10121 3 years ago

These ramp covers are a nice cheap and easy mod.

20210115_194303 (resized).jpg20210115_194303 (resized).jpg20210115_194306 (resized).jpg20210115_194306 (resized).jpg
#10122 3 years ago

They look good, but seems like the x wing should be facing the other way.

#10123 3 years ago

I agree.

#10124 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

They look good, but seems like the x wing should be facing the other way.

Only if your OCD!

#10125 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Only if your OCD!

Maybe a touch

#10126 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Only if your OCD!

The new term is "CDO." It's the same as OCD, but in alphabetical order, as it should be!

#10127 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

The new term is "CDO." It's the same as OCD, but in alphabetical order, as it should be!

I rest my case!

#10128 3 years ago

So after sitting in my garage for three weeks, waiting for me to get my basement floors finished, my Star Wars Premium finally has a new home! I had a couple of friends over today and we had to remove the backbox completely to get it through the narrow landing, but we got it all down there, then put back together with 0 problems.

This is my first pinball machine ever and already my wife is asking me when we can get a second. So excited!

photo_2021-01-16_21-30-12 (resized).jpgphoto_2021-01-16_21-30-12 (resized).jpg
#10129 3 years ago

Installed mirror blades tonight - you guys were right, this game’s awesome lighting is even better with them. Such a cool playfield!

28E19557-CE71-4518-AC74-462495736F72 (resized).jpeg28E19557-CE71-4518-AC74-462495736F72 (resized).jpegDB9EF1C3-D7D5-4CAC-ABDD-65015BC3D297 (resized).jpegDB9EF1C3-D7D5-4CAC-ABDD-65015BC3D297 (resized).jpeg
#10130 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Installed mirror blades tonight - you guys were right, this game’s awesome lighting is even better with them. Such a cool playfield![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#10131 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Totally agree!
By the way, the way I level my game is to get the pitch to 6.5 and the playfield “level,” then play a game trying to hit the orbits. When the ball comes out of the orbit, I look closely to see if it is drifting toward or away from the sling and micro-adjust until it flows straight toward the flipper without drifting either direction.
Once that occurs, everything shoots like a dream!

I totally agree with you 110%. Using the PinGuy app I leveled my Star Wars Pro and set the pitch at 6.5.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pinguy/id782973821

The game plays totally different in the right way. Before, it was too steep and a drain monster. It is so much fun to shoot now. Thank you for that recommendation. Now I am loving this game even more. All of you people on this topic thread are awesome. Now it would be even more awesome if I could get to the Emperor wizard mode. I am glad to see Star Wars go up in the ranks in Pinside Top 100.

#10132 3 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

I had a couple of friends over today and we had to remove the backbox completely to get it through the narrow landing, but we got it all down there, then put back together with 0 problems.

What was the procedure in removing the backbox on a modern Stern? One of these days I will need to haul a pin in my Model Y Tesla. It is too tall to fit in the hatchback with the backbox connected. So I will have to remove the backbox to fit in my car.

#10133 3 years ago

Nice score today, took a quick look at deadflip jack danger vid instructions...

#10134 3 years ago

I had an epic game this afternoon. I was 2 shots away for Boba Fett from the emperor wizard mode and I drained the ball. Tried to qualify Boba Fett again and did not succeed in 2 balls. It is always Boba Fett that screws me every time. I played as R2-D2. What a great game in all aspects.

728FCDB9-8867-44A0-AB86-9959ED6B7378 (resized).jpeg728FCDB9-8867-44A0-AB86-9959ED6B7378 (resized).jpeg
#10135 3 years ago

Ditto I can easily get everything except Boba Fett, it's also really annoying to even light the mode if you are not Han Solo.

#10136 3 years ago

I’m looking for the Star Wars LE Pinball Armor Illumination Kit from pingraffix. Anyone who sells a set ? Pingraffix doesnt reply to email or chat.

#10137 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

I’m looking for the Star Wars LE Pinball Armor Illumination Kit from pingraffix. Anyone who sells a set ? Pingraffix doesnt reply to email or chat.

Also messaged them and nothing. I mentioned to them that there seems to be lots of people who are interested in buying it if they made them again! I know I want one!!!

#10138 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Also messaged them and nothing. I mentioned to them that there seems to be lots of people who are interested in buying it if they made them again! I know I want one!!!

Quoted from KLR2014:

Lets make a list and then approach them together. Could have more impact.
1. KLR2014
2. RPZ
3. @sprudeldudel
4. ...

#10139 3 years ago
Quoted from Frboisvert:

Nice score today, took a quick look at deadflip jack danger vid instructions...
[quoted image]

What video was that?

#10140 3 years ago

Does anyone know where the inlane/outlane guide plastics right next to the flippers can be purchased? I'm looking for the first clear tiers, not the top graphic tiers. I do not see these available on Marco or Pinballife but perhaps I missed them.

#10141 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Does anyone know where the inlane/outlane guide plastics right next to the flippers can be purchased? I'm looking for the first clear tiers, not the top graphic tiers. I do not see these available on Marco or Pinballife but perhaps I missed them.

Since this machine is still in production, it should be easy to get any part needed. Call Stern for the part number then call Marco with that info.

#10142 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Lets make a list and then approach them together. Could have more impact.
1. klr2014
2. rpz
3. sprudeldudel
4. ...

You could also approach Robert

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p116/Star-Wars-LE-Side-Rail-Kits-Pinball-Mod.html

#10143 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

You could also approach Robert

Those are pinkish when off. Pingraffx are pure white. That's The catch... And no pink rails on my SWLE ...

#10144 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Those are pinkish when off. Pingraffx are pure white. That's The catch... And no pink rails on my SWLE ...

Hmmm, never noticed the pinkish tint and it isn't obvious to me. Nice to have options!

#10145 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

I have this kit. It looks good on and off and overall I’m happy. But but the EL strip is just a hair too small IMO, a little loud when it’s on (gameplay will drown it out but otherwise you’ll hear a high pitched sound) and they don’t respond to service issues, so you could end up having to troubleshoot or fix on your own. I don’t think I’d buy from them again.

Hooked on pinball however was super responsive and great to work with when I bought their EL kit for my TNA.

That’s my experience, your mileage may vary.

#10146 3 years ago

Pingraffx list
1. KLR2014
2. RPZ
3. @sprudeldudel
4. joetechbob

#10147 3 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I have this kit. It looks good on and off and overall I’m happy. But but the EL strip is just a hair too small IMO, a little loud when it’s on (gameplay will drown it out but otherwise you’ll hear a high pitched sound) and they don’t respond to service issues, so you could end up having to troubleshoot or fix on your own. I don’t think I’d buy from them again.
Hooked on pinball however was super responsive and great to work with when I bought their EL kit for my TNA.
That’s my experience, your mileage may vary.

Agree, Hooked is great to deal with.

I can't hear any sounds from his kit but my ears are pretty old!

#10148 3 years ago

Are there any r2d2 toppers left for sale around?

#10149 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

There was a db selling one for 1800$ on Pinside.

Great American Pinball lists it as in stock(in Pinside market) but I've heard that it's not the case. You should ask.

#10150 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Did you snag it? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/r2-topper

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/203?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.