20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 300.
#10051 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Thank you! Here's the full directions for Fooflighter's new code:
1. Get the image file from a pinsider. (I have a copy if you need it).
2. Use Win32DiskImager from https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/files/Archive/ to write the file to a new 8gb+ SD memory card
3. Replace your factory SD card (in the backbox behind the translite) with the new code. Store the old one for safekeeping.

would love the link to this file! TIA

#10052 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

IMHO SW is a shit game on location--but a top 10 home game--due to its difficulty. And I say that because I absolutely hated the game playing it on location, but decided to give it a chance at home after enjoying Jack Danger disect it ... Now it's securely bolted to the floor w/ an overpriced R2-D2 topper to weigh it down for good measure

I totally agree with you. Ever since I had a chance to play it and put more time into it in a home environment it is a different experience. A fantastic game for sure. I am enjoying it immensely. In a public location I hated this game. Now I keep going back to it to get to the Emperor wizard mode. Haven’t got there yet but getting close.

#10053 3 years ago

Best first ball (or any ball) ever on my SW Prem.

027 (resized).JPG027 (resized).JPG
#10054 3 years ago

One more thing that I really like about Star Wars that I’ve never seen mentioned is how balanced the playfield is. I know of a lot of pins where it feels like most of the shots are to the left or to the right. Or toward the back or toward the front. This is really balanced and the code makes it even more so as I find myself hitting to the left, center or right pretty evenly.

Having only two flippers is more of a preference, but I like the purity of only having two flippers. The third (and fourth) flipper shots are usually fun (at least for the first 100 games) but often a bit gimmicky and there is nothing I hate more than backhanding a shot from a lower flipper straight into the back of an upper flipper that is on the same side of the playfield...

#10055 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Nope no bias. I've owned many a pin and my SW Pro has to be in the top 3 best shooters.

It's a Steve Ritchie thing. I also love STTNG because it's such a great shooter, but the outlanes kill it for most people and the reason it's not worth more. Both SW and STTNG have layouts that are really fun to shoot, but they both can cause heartache with the outlanes. I use kiddie bowling gutter guards on my STTNG but man it's worth it! I also cheat a bit on the left outlane on SW.

#10056 3 years ago

I know it’s a long shot - but does anyone have an extra LE Chewbacca back box decal to sell? I have a premium and would love to add that on.

#10057 3 years ago

Hello SW fans! First post ever to Pinside. Stumbled across the site researching Super Chexx, and have now fallen down the pinball rabbit hole... So much so, that not only do I have a Super Chexx on the way, but a SW Comic Premium as well. First pin ever.

Question about side blades. I know it comes down to personal preference, but any thoughts on Comic Art Blades, mirror blades, or black mirror blades? Initially I thought I'd go with the art blades, but now I'm leaning mirror. And I keep wondering about the black mirror.

I've read through much of this topic thread, and all of the options are well-received. If anybody has any thoughts that might help with this decision, please reply. Thank you!

#10058 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Initially I thought I'd go with the art blades, but now I'm leaning mirror. And I keep wondering about the black mirror.

I would personally go regular mirror, but only to brighten up the game a bit. Overall the light show is phenomenal, but if you are playing in the dark, some of the modes with the color changing GI tend to be a bit dark and make it tricky to see the ball. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but mirror would get my vote.

#10059 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Hello SW fans! First post ever to Pinside. Stumbled across the site researching Super Chexx, and have now fallen down the pinball rabbit hole... So much so, that not only do I have a Super Chexx on the way, but a SW Comic Premium as well. First pin ever.
Question about side blades. I know it comes down to personal preference, but any thoughts on Comic Art Blades, mirror blades, or black mirror blades? Initially I thought I'd go with the art blades, but now I'm leaning mirror. And I keep wondering about the black mirror.
I've read through much of this topic thread, and all of the options are well-received. If anybody has any thoughts that might help with this decision, please reply. Thank you!

The art blades for the premium match and look like it should have just came like that. It really completes the diorama.

#10060 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

With all the wire forms, regular mirror blades look fantastic. They make the game look even brighter. I am not a fan of the dark mirror at all. The effect is muted. Waste of money IMO.

#10061 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

The art blades for the premium match and look like it should have just came like that. It really completes the diorama.

Here's mine. Without it, you're missing AT-ATs and Hoth on the left. The right side continues the space battle from the back. If you love the comic art, you really need the blades, they are fantastic.

20210112_134222 (resized).jpg20210112_134222 (resized).jpg20210112_134235 (resized).jpg20210112_134235 (resized).jpg
#10062 3 years ago

Here's a better shot of the art blades for Hoth. Yeah I took off the glass just to show you.

20210112_134850 (resized).jpg20210112_134850 (resized).jpg
#10063 3 years ago

I got some new instruction cards from Pinside vendor @ralphwiggum. (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04328-star-wars-apron-cards) Adds a nice touch!

20210112_135401 (resized).jpg20210112_135401 (resized).jpg

#10064 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I got some new instruction cards from Pinside vendor ralphwiggum. (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04328-star-wars-apron-cards) Adds a nice touch!
[quoted image]

I know that guy! Never heard anything good about him though....lol

They look great! And honestly, seeing your art blades, I would go that route for the comic without hesitation! Those look great!

#10065 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I know that guy! Never heard anything good about him though....lol
They look great! And honestly, seeing your art blades, I would go that route for the comic without hesitation! Those look great!

ralphwiggum I think you should also print a replacement for the middle, so it matches, and we could get cover up that ugly yellow seizure warning too.

#10066 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

ralphwiggum I think you should also print a replacement for the middle, so it matches, and we could get cover up that ugly yellow seizure warning too.

I had a buddy tell me the same thing. I do have glossy decal paper and and a vinyl cutter. If I can find some time away from selling these instruction cards, I may be able to come up with a sticker that covers just the yellow portion of the sticker, so it is reversible if you want the awesome yellow back.

#10067 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

"Can’t wait for all the haters that have never played it, or played it once on location 3 years ago, to flood it with low ratings to knock it back down the list."

It's already started...
Someone just added a rating for SW Comic Premium (without comments) and rated it a 4.0.
And now another (with the comment "I really don't like this pin") who rated it a 2.8.
Keep in mind that it takes a rating above 6.77 to make the Top 300...
For context, just those two ratings drop the average rating from 9.001 to 8.611 which will drop Star Wars from being rated 2nd, to being rated outside of the Top 15!
Haters gonna hate!

And now someone rated it (without comments) a 4.6. Looking at that guy’s ratings, he puts SW 151 out of 151 ratings for him, and more than a full point lower than the game he has rated 150th.

Again... I don’t understand the desire of some to artificially lower a pins’ rating by not being honest (at all) with your rating.

He did rate the Deadpool (Pro) he owns a 10/10 though...

#10068 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I would personally go regular mirror, but only to brighten up the game a bit. Overall the light show is phenomenal, but if you are playing in the dark, some of the modes with the color changing GI tend to be a bit dark and make it tricky to see the ball. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but mirror would get my vote.

Quoted from kermit24:

With all the wire forms, regular mirror blades look fantastic. They make the game look even brighter. I am not a fan of the dark mirror at all. The effect is muted. Waste of money IMO.

Quoted from coloradodan:

Here's a better shot of the art blades for Hoth. Yeah I took off the glass just to show you.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the replies, especially taking off the glass just to show me! this helps rule out the black mirror. I love the look of the wire forms, and agree that the game would really pop with mirrors as a result. But those comic art blades are really something, and yes, I do think the comic art in general is phenomenal.

I ordered the apron cards from ralphwiggum last night, and they are already on the way! Those are a must.

#10069 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

But those comic art blades are really something, and yes, I do think the comic art in general is phenomenal.

Hoth. Without the art blades, you're missing Hoth. Enough said!

#10070 3 years ago

I just installed the new code great with extra ball save timer ball limit.

This pin is a hoot to play although I’m not very good, I still love especially getting Hyper Loop and love how the HL ends in the mode start (on Death Star missions).

The spinner is also the most spinning spinner on any game.

#10071 3 years ago

Who else (premium table) REALLY SUCKS at the hyperspace loop/ death star shot?

#10072 3 years ago

can't go wrong with the comic art blades or mirror blades on the comic art version. I have mirrors on my orig art premium and they look great!

...also, yeah, it sucks people just gotta hate it when they have no clue how adrenaline pumping this game can be.

#10073 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

It’s a tough shot but not super bad, I was able to backhand it but that’s not often.

#10074 3 years ago

Those new to the game, here's a cool idea I used on mine a while back, appropriate for the horseshoe loop/ hoth location also
9bd75dd4deb93eb8ca0862d5f6bd31a73be2876f (resized).jpg9bd75dd4deb93eb8ca0862d5f6bd31a73be2876f (resized).jpg

a9300c6a8dae88027800db811ee0ef361b269580 (resized).jpga9300c6a8dae88027800db811ee0ef361b269580 (resized).jpg
#10075 3 years ago

For me Star Wars is a max 3 beer game. After that it’s all over. The accuracy you need to nail a lot of the shots, especially Death Star, make it hard to blow this game up when you are not in top form. I’m talking about Jedi Multiball. You need to be on top of your game to start it.

#10076 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I can shoot that shot way better than I can the right orbit. I find it easier to backhand the DS shot. I've had my machine over three years, and I still can't hit that right orbit very well.

#10077 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

You'll get better, just keep playing... I have this pattern where I have the X marked on the Right Ramp, quickly do a multiplier switch to the Death Star while the ball is returning from a right flipper backhand up the right ramp, just in time to right Flipper it into the Death Star for a ton of points if your multiplier is up. It's one of those Rhythm things were you just feel like you're in the zone. I don't even think about it now, just a flow thing

#10078 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Those new to the game, here's a cool idea I used on mine a while back, appropriate for the horseshoe loop/ hoth location also
[quoted image][quoted image]

You have a whole inter-galactic battle going on there under the glass

#10079 3 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

You have a whole inter-galactic battle going on there under the glass

I eventually have to change my side blades to fit that space battle theme I'm going for... Maybe a space theme, or just mirror blades, haven't decided yet

20210113_100532 (resized).jpg20210113_100532 (resized).jpg20210113_100546 (resized).jpg20210113_100546 (resized).jpg20210113_100616 (resized).jpg20210113_100616 (resized).jpg20210113_100629 (resized).jpg20210113_100629 (resized).jpg20210113_100644 (resized).jpg20210113_100644 (resized).jpg20210113_100701 (resized).jpg20210113_100701 (resized).jpg

#10080 3 years ago

Just ordered and put my deposit on a prem from the next batch (Mar/Apr). Now I will need to start accumulating mods. Already have the Stern topper sitting in a box in the basement.

Can't wait to 'officially' join the club.

#10081 3 years ago

A few weeks into owning my Comic Art Pro and having an awesome time. I had to adjust the Tatooine eject ball guide to hit the left flipper properly. I know most people use a crescent wrench but I though I would share this tool that works great for adjusting ball guides.

I'm a former bicycle mechanic and this disc brake truing tool works very well.

https://www.parktool.com/product/rotor-truing-fork-dt-2

It is designed to straighten brake rotors that just happen to be about the same gauge stainless steel as ball guides. You can use one end for bigger adjustments and the perpendicular end for fine tuning. It's also slimmer than a crescent wrench for those tight spots.

DT-2_005 (resized).jpgDT-2_005 (resized).jpg
#10082 3 years ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

A few weeks into owning my Comic Art Pro and having an awesome time. I had to adjust the Tatooine eject ball guide to hit the left flipper properly. I know most people use a crescent wrench but I though I would share this tool that works great for adjusting ball guides.
I'm a former bicycle mechanic and this disc brake truing tool works very well.
https://www.parktool.com/product/rotor-truing-fork-dt-2
It is designed to straighten brake rotors that just happen to be about the same gauge stainless steel as ball guides. You can use one end for bigger adjustments and the perpendicular end for fine tuning. It's also slimmer than a crescent wrench for those tight spots.[quoted image]

Great recommendation! Just ordered one even though my rails are dialed in now just in case (or for the next pin)!

Getting the rails right on the scoop and inner loop was critical to this game playing the way it should... Now if only we could find something to narrow those out lanes...

#10083 3 years ago

One of the worst things about these cowards giving artificially low ratings to knock down the Star Wars Comic Art Premium rating, is that you can’t easily see their ratings, so when the next coward comes to rate it a 4.0 just to be sure it drops, he can’t see that there are already three other 4.0s that have been added. (My favorite is the 4.0 rating it just got from someone that has Star Trek, The Munsters and GoT all rated above 9.6.)

At this rate, it will be rated outside of the Top 50 next week after debuting at #2 this past Monday!

Please look at the ratings for Star Wars Comic Art (Premium) and change the default to see all ratings (instead of only ratings with comments) and flag all of these super-low ratings as bogus so they aren’t counted...

#10084 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

One of the worst things about these cowards giving artificially low ratings to knock down the Star Wars Comic Art Premium rating, is that you can’t easily see their ratings, so when the next coward comes to rate it a 4.0 just to be sure it drops, he can’t see that there are already three other 4.0s that have been added. (My favorite is the 4.0 rating it just got from someone that has Star Trek, The Munsters and GoT all rated above 9.6.)
At this rate, it will be rated outside of the Top 50 next week after debuting at #2 this past Monday!
Please look at the ratings for Star Wars Comic Art (Premium) and change the default to see all ratings (instead of only ratings with comments) and flag all of these super-low ratings as bogus so they aren’t counted...

Just let it go. There will always be haters. Talking about just adds fuel to the fire.

#10085 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just let it go. There will always be haters. Talking about just adds fuel to the fire.

Sound advice for sure, just so weak it’s hard to ignore (at least in the short-term).

I’m going to therapy for it though, so it should get better after a few sessions...

#10086 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Sound advice for sure, just so weak it’s hard to ignore (at least in the short-term).
I’m going to therapy for it though, so it should get better after a few sessions...

Was "rabidswfan" already taken when you signed up on pinside? Lolol

Just having fun with you....

I have been here awhile, and couldn't even tell you where the top 100 is located, let alone what games are on it.

Different strokes, and all that.

Enjoy your SW! I play mine more than any other pin, which is a pleasant surprise since I wasn't even looking for one.

#10087 3 years ago

No surprise to many... 2nd owner of my SW machine, 3 years old, and had just got word from Stern customer service I can only get a hard clear coat to “repair” these chips.

The first photo has a small chip on the outline of the arrow insert.

The second photo, and most major chip was already on the machine when I bought the game. The previous owner added Mylar to “protect” the wood.

I contacted Stern to see if they might do anything about it (doesn’t hurt asking).

What would you guys do? Replace the playfield or keep using it?

763637DA-F92B-4265-9A0C-CB94F3F905F8 (resized).jpeg763637DA-F92B-4265-9A0C-CB94F3F905F8 (resized).jpegB1EC82B9-2173-402E-9BE5-1002D139436E (resized).jpegB1EC82B9-2173-402E-9BE5-1002D139436E (resized).jpeg

#10088 3 years ago

I guess I'm not seeing where the issue is?

#10089 3 years ago

I would toss the machine in the trash, buy a new one and keep it in the box.

#10090 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

No surprise to many... 2nd owner of my SW machine, 3 years old, and had just got word from Stern customer service I can only get a hard clear coat to “repair” these chips.
The first photo has a small chip on the outline of the arrow insert.
The second photo, and most major chip was already on the machine when I bought the game. The previous owner added Mylar to “protect” the wood.
I contacted Stern to see if they might do anything about it (doesn’t hurt asking).
What would you guys do? Replace the playfield or keep using it?

I would dab that little spot with black paint or paint pen or whatever then a dab of clear on top. That sucks but that's a real small spot shouldn't be noticeable at all once repaired as you can barely see it now.

I finally found the other spot in the blue...yeah that's a little worse for sure. I would lay a flat clear plastic piece (like a cd case) on top of that spot and paint the plastic 1st, let it dry, see if it's a match. Keep trying until happy with the color then paint the spot on the playfield and clear on top.

#10091 3 years ago

Haters.

Screenshot_20210113-220350_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210113-220350_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210113-220420_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210113-220420_Chrome (resized).jpg
#10092 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Please look at the ratings for Star Wars Comic Art (Premium) and change the default to see all ratings (instead of only ratings with comments) and flag all of these super-low ratings as bogus so they aren’t counted

Please don't contribute to polarization. There is enough 'us against them' everywhere already.
Be the bigger man and let it go already.

#10093 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Please don't contribute to polarization. There is enough 'us against them' everywhere already.
Be the bigger man and let it go already.

Fair enough, but “flagging” bogus ratings as being bogus isn’t exactly a polarizing act. I didn’t call for everyone to rise up and fight them (although that may be my next move...)

More importantly... how do you think the hyperspace loop compares to the Getaway loop?

#10094 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I would dab that little spot with black paint or paint pen or whatever then a dab of clear on top. That sucks but that's a real small spot shouldn't be noticeable at all once repaired as you can barely see it now.

I finally found the other spot in the blue...yeah that's a little worse for sure. I would lay a flat clear plastic piece (like a cd case) on top of that spot and paint the plastic 1st, let it dry, see if it's a match. Keep trying until happy with the color then paint the spot on the playfield and clear on top.

Thanks for suggestions. I'll review what you have provided and see how it goes later after trial and error.

#10095 3 years ago

for those who have problems with the entry of dead star and hyper space, watch the back level of the pinball, i was surprised how this has an influence on the fluidity of the game. by the way hyper space multiball is one of the most multiball concept of the last years and what a light show ...

#10096 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Haters.

Well first rating Joe-Ker is 7.6 can’t say anything wrong with his opinion. But other ratings of 1 is the lowest possible rating like if the pin was 3rd grade art project. There’s nothing to say except that those ratings should be thrown out, just disgraceful.

#10097 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Well first rating Joe-Ker is 7.6 can’t say anything wrong with his opinion. But other ratings of 1 is the lowest possible rating like if the pin was 3rd grade art project. There’s nothing to say except that those ratings should be thrown out, just disgraceful and that person is probably a miserable individual.

I agree and that should be a change the pinside staff should implement.

#10098 3 years ago
Quoted from Frboisvert:

for those who have problems with the entry of dead star and hyper space, watch the back level of the pinball, i was surprised how this has an influence on the fluidity of the game. by the way hyper space multiball is one of the most multiball concept of the last years and what a light show ...

What do you mean by the “back level of the pinball”?

#10099 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Well first rating Joe-Ker is 7.6 can’t say anything wrong with his opinion. But other ratings of 1 is the lowest possible rating like if the pin was 3rd grade art project. There’s nothing to say except that those ratings should be thrown out, just disgraceful.

And again, because they are rating it without comments, they don’t show up when you look at the comments, so they don’t get flagged as being bogus nearly as much as they would if they left comments.

Also, the average ranking with comments is over 9, the average ranking without comments is 6. There is clearly an issue.

Pinside should just throw out the Top 20% of ratings and bottom 20% and then let the middle 60% count for the rating. Or use the median number rather than the average number...

#10100 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

What do you mean by the “back level of the pinball”?

Star Wars is an extra picky title. The side to side level needs to be perfect for both the front and rear of the game. You also need the pitch to be 6.5 degrees. If you have those two things dialed in the game flows.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Union, KY
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/202?hl=ray3127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.