IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 301.
#9951 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Is yours the official Stern Falcon or a 3rd party? Just asking cuz I'm curious about wiring options.

It's a 3rd Party - Little Shop fo Games. Has a two conductor wire and molex connector that I plugged into the Milenium Falcon flasher output. LED 5/6 on an adjacent board I believe. I'd have to lift up the PF and look again to confirm that plug but it took less than 10 minutes to install. I removed the two nuts / washers from the plastic ramp where the Stern Falcon mounts to. The House of Games version does not come with a mount / standoff but it wasn't an issue. Used both nuts and washers to create my own standoff by threading thee first lock nut and then washer on the bolt post, put that through the back hole of the plastic for mounting and the put the other washer and lock nut on the other side. I am likely going to put a wider washer on both top and bottom so as to keep the MF from putting excessive pressure on such a small point of contact - spread out the pressure if the falcon takes a hard hit from an airball which mine has twice. Even though it mounts flat and not leaning to the right like the Stern version, it still looks great!

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-parts/figures-and-toys/led-lit-millennium-falcon-ship-assembly-for-stern-pinball-machine-511-7887-00/

Unfortunately looks like it's currently sold out.

#9952 3 years ago
Quoted from Pgorey:

t's a 3rd Party - Little Shop fo Games

This is the official one made by Stern for the Premiums. I bought the same one. It doesn't come with the mounting wire, but as you stated, not necessary.

#9953 3 years ago
Quoted from Pgorey:

It's a 3rd Party - Little Shop fo Games. Has a two conductor wire and molex connector that I plugged into the Milenium Falcon flasher output. LED 5/6 on an adjacent board I believe. I'd have to lift up the PF and look again to confirm that plug but it took less than 10 minutes to install. I removed the two nuts / washers from the plastic ramp where the Stern Falcon mounts to. The House of Games version does not come with a mount / standoff but it wasn't an issue. Used both nuts and washers to create my own standoff by threading thee first lock nut and then washer on the bolt post, put that through the back hole of the plastic for mounting and the put the other washer and lock nut on the other side. I am likely going to put a wider washer on both top and bottom so as to keep the MF from putting excessive pressure on such a small point of contact - spread out the pressure if the falcon takes a hard hit from an airball which mine has twice. Even though it mounts flat and not leaning to the right like the Stern version, it still looks great!
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-parts/figures-and-toys/led-lit-millennium-falcon-ship-assembly-for-stern-pinball-machine-511-7887-00/
Unfortunately looks like it's currently sold out.

Thanks for the info! Mines aftermarket but I didn't like the LED strip (not enough lights) so I replaced it. The original just required wiring it to an existing light but I was hoping to plug it into the board, just worried about wrecking something in case there's anything special about it.

#9954 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Thanks for the info! Mines aftermarket but I didn't like the LED strip (not enough lights) so I replaced it. The original just required wiring it to an existing light but I was hoping to plug it into the board, just worried about wrecking something in case there's anything special about it.

So which one do you have now? The Stern one like LSOG was selling? If so, it is a direct plug and play into the node board, and it is supported in the Pro code.

#9955 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

So which one do you have now? The Stern one like LSOG was selling? If so, it is a direct plug and play into the node board, and it is supported in the Pro code.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. It's a Lermod with the LED strip, not the rope and I changed out the LED strip for one with more lights on it.

#9956 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. It's a Mezelmod with the LED strip, not the rope and I changed out the LED strip for one with more lights on it.

Where did you get the lights and how easy was it too swap? I love the sculpt but needs more lights.

#9957 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Where did you get the lights and how easy was it too swap? I love the sculpt but needs more lights.

I purchased the light from a dealer in Canada, I usually use Comet but since I only needed one strip I went this route (cheaper shipping). Swapping was easy, four screws and it comes apart. The strip was just hot glued in placed.

I added a print out of the engine section and put a piece of silicone in there too so it would diffuse the light, it's not that bright in person.

20210106_082001 (resized).jpg20210106_082001 (resized).jpg20210106_082152 (resized).jpg20210106_082152 (resized).jpg
#9958 3 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

Best Game in my collection Star Wars Pro Comic art with side art blades fitted - looks awesome!
Other games in my collection Aerosmith Pro, Acdc Premium, Stern IJ , MMR LE, AFMR LE & MBR LE
But this is special in every way!

could you post some pics. ive had mine for over a year
and have been going back and forth between mirror blades,
black mirror blades, art blades or just leaving it black like space
which it is now. thx.

#9959 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

I purchased the light from a dealer in Canada, I usually use Comet but since I only needed one strip I went this route (cheaper shipping). Swapping was easy, four screws and it comes apart. The strip was just hot glued in placed.
I added a print out of the engine section and put a piece of silicone in there too so it would diffuse the light, it's not that bright in person.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! All I see on comet are the same led strips like it already has.

#9960 3 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

which it is now. thx.

I put in mirror blades and it looks amazing. Makes the playfield look much larger and it has a big impact on the light “show.”

#9961 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I put in mirror blades and it looks amazing. Makes the playfield look much larger and it has a big impact on the light “show.”

Star Wars is the only game I have mirror blades on in my collection. It fits very well with the light show and theme.

#9962 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Looks great! All I see on comet are the same led strips like it already has.

The 10 MSD 4 inch frosted blue is what I "would've" purchased, you'll just need to cut it to length or tuck the extra inside. It's in the Matrix>Lights/wiring section.

#9963 3 years ago

Hmm, either I'm blind or they don't cary that anymore.

#9965 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I have of new,never opened mirrorblades from Cointaker. $50.00 local pick up only

#9966 3 years ago

Thanks. I was thinking those looked the same as mine but maybe not.

20210106_130540 (resized).jpg20210106_130540 (resized).jpg
#9967 3 years ago

After a set of the white Pingraffix EL armour illumination kit if anyone has one for sale? Wish they still made them. Thanks!

#9968 3 years ago

for those who are interested, I make millenium falcons with a beautiful luminous finish at the reactor level

#9969 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Thanks. I was thinking those looked the same as mine but maybe not. [quoted image]

They're not, with the Comet you get more lights in the same span.

#9970 3 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

for those who are interested, I make millenium falcons with a beautiful luminous finish at the reactor level

When I was searching for one I came across this but couldn't find a way to order it. It looks awesome!

#9971 3 years ago

I wish I had known about ordering the factory Falcon from stern, with the bracket and light hook up. I play the X-Wing Miniatures game and had a spare MF, so I just drilled two screws into the bottom, and bent a stiff paper clip into a loop around those screws, and some holding the ramp.

I know it's not "canon", but I miss playing X-wing with both models and being able to have Han and Lando work together in 2 Falcons.

#9972 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

When I was searching for one I came across this but couldn't find a way to order it. It looks awesome!

there avaible on my website

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/boutique/Pinball-mods-c27074105

#9973 3 years ago

(SW comic premium)
This game has received its 25th rating this week. It will be included in next weeks Pinside Pinball Top 100 calculation!

#9974 3 years ago

So now that we're talking about the Falcon mod, can an aftermarket be plugged into the same node board as the premium or LE? I assume there is nothing special other than an LED?

#9975 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

(SW comic premium)
This game has received its 25th rating this week. It will be included in next weeks Pinside Pinball Top 100 calculation!

Yahoo!!! Can’t wait to see where it falls when the new rankings come out.

Thanks to all of those who rated it!

#9976 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Yahoo!!! Can’t wait to see where it falls when the new rankings come out.
Thanks to all of those who rated it!

Did some math. It will be #2 next week. That will likely upset some people.

#9977 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I don’t think we can tell where it will land yet as not all of the ratings are published (I don’t think...)

#9978 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I don’t think we can tell where it will land yet as not all of the ratings are published (I don’t think...)

All all Star Wars (Stern) games ranked together?

#9979 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Sure they are. You just need to know where to look.

#9980 3 years ago

Sure they are. You just need to know where to look.

Nice!

P.s. I’m not convinced that isn’t where it should rightly be ranked! Best game I’ve played and I’ve played all the others in the Top 10 (although I have played SW a lot more as I own it).

#9981 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

All all Star Wars (Stern) games ranked together?

Every model is separate but they’ll put the group at the highest rated one.

#9982 3 years ago

Got a sweet used SW comic art premium today. Plays 100%, but in the service menu I get messages for "node board X not responding" with the X being five different boards. It seems to have taken a bit of a rough ride to get here (one foot was missing), so maybe some of those Cat 5 cables shook loose. It also has a ton of mods installed including a bunch of power hungry ones:

R2D2 topper
Pinstadiums
light up... uh... pointy ship (you can see I haven't seen SW in about 20 years)
scoop light
trough light

Not sure if these mods are just pulling too much power and I have some node board failures in my future. Any thoughts? I know I've read before of people hooking up too many power drawing mods to Spike 2 games and running into trouble, but if that was a widespread problem, I think we'd hear about it more often. Code also is 1.0.5 LE when this is a premium, maybe (but doubtfully) that has something to do with it. It needs an update anyway.

edit: Either the good 'ol "push everything in" or the code update fixed my problem.

#9983 3 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

which it is now. thx.

I would get mirror blades over art. Look better and easier to install

#9984 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Got a sweet used SW comic art premium today. Plays 100%, but in the service menu I get messages for "node board X not responding" with the X being five different boards. It seems to have taken a bit of a rough ride to get here (one foot was missing), so maybe some of those Cat 5 cables shook loose. It also has a ton of mods installed including a bunch of power hungry ones:
R2D2 topper
Pinstadiums
light up... uh... pointy ship (you can see I haven't seen SW in about 20 years)
scoop light
trough light
Not sure if these mods are just pulling too much power and I have some node board failures in my future. Any thoughts? I know I've read before of people hooking up too many power drawing mods to Spike 2 games and running into trouble, but if that was a widespread problem, I think we'd hear about it more often. Code also is 1.0.5 LE when this is a premium, maybe (but doubtfully) that has something to do with it. It needs an update anyway.

Congrats on the new pin, you are going to love it!

I’m not a node board expert, so not sure how to advise you on that other than to call Stern Customer Service. They should be able to help.

As for the code, 1.05 said LE for both premium and LE so that is not the issue (although you should probably install the 1.10 code regardless).

Good luck!

#9985 3 years ago

Enjoy it prior to all the haters suddenly rating it low even though they have never played it just to suppress its ranking...

#9986 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Congrats on the new pin, you are going to love it!

Thanks. Played the pro a bunch at various places (the game was everywhere pre-covid), and like most modern Stern games where I play the pro on location but buy the premium (or the LE in one case), the premium is so much better it's almost night and day. The color changing GI, the extra shots and toys and ramps, just a much higher production value.

Quoted from SWfan:

I’m not a node board expert, so not sure how to advise you on that other than to call Stern Customer Service. They should be able to help. As for the code, 1.05 said LE for both premium and LE so that is not the issue (although you should probably install the 1.10 code regardless).
Good luck!

Either the good 'ol "push everything in" or the code update fixed things. The update on reboot did say it was individually updating the node boards, so maybe that did the trick.

#9987 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Thanks. Played the pro a bunch at various places (the game was everywhere pre-covid), and like most modern Stern games where I play the pro on location but buy the premium (or the LE in one case), the premium is so much better it's almost night and day. The color changing GI, the extra shots and toys and ramps, just a much higher production value.

Either the good 'ol "push everything in" or the code update fixed things. The update on reboot did say it was individually updating the node boards, so maybe that did the trick.

Nice! And I agree on the premium. To each their own, but I just find the hyperloop so satisfying that I could never give it up.

#9988 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I would get mirror blades over art. Look better and easier to install

How does it get any easier than self adhesive?

#9989 3 years ago

I believe the lighting is the same across all models

#9990 3 years ago

My New SW comic pro had node 1 8 9 10 not connected errors but still played 100%
Did the update 1,10 - machine fixed

#9991 3 years ago

If I'm not mistaken, in machines with the coin door switch, you get the node board error if you do not push the switch in during the start of the diagnostic menu. I thought they had made some change in 1.10 code to eliminate seeing that error.

#9992 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I believe the lighting is the same across all models

That's funny, I really don't remember the red/blue fade on the GI on ball over on the old pro model. But it has been a while.

#9993 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

That's funny, I really don't remember the red/blue fade on the GI on ball over on the old pro model. But it has been a while.

Lighting is the same across all modes.

#9994 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Star Wars, when set up correctly, is just a much faster and a better shooting pin than any others on this list. Maybe I am biased

Nope no bias. I've owned many a pin and my SW Pro has to be in the top 3 best shooters.

#9995 3 years ago

I could use some help from other Premium/LE owners. I think I've come up with a set of steps to reproduce the warp ramp out of sync issue. This is when the ramp does not stop flush with the playfield in the down position causing balls to get stuck there until ball search. Please give these steps a try and see if it happens for you too.

Reproduction steps:

0. Allow two modes to be stacked
1. Start Game as Luke and Light Tatooine Missions
2. Light Endor Missions
3. Start Speeder Bike Chase and Escape from Mos Eisley
4. Shoot the ramp once to bring up the warp ramp
5. Shoot Hoth so ramp has to come down to let release ball
6. Keep the timers going by hitting a drop or spot target
7. When EfME times out the ramp will come down and past the bottom position

#9996 3 years ago
Quoted from refried:

I could use some help from other Premium/LE owners. I think I've come up with a set of steps to reproduce the warp ramp out of sync issue. This is when the ramp does not stop flush with the playfield in the down position causing balls to get stuck there until ball search. Please give these steps a try and see if it happens for you too.
Reproduction steps:
2. Light Endor Missions

I’ve actually never had this happen to me, but I would think just waiting for the ball search would be easier...

#9997 3 years ago
Quoted from Pgorey:

Have a question for those that have added the lighted milenium falcon mod to thier SW Pro. It lights up during regular gameplay but on video mode / flying through the asteroid belt it sure would be cool if the leds would light up when you hit the action button for the boose or just light up solid in general. Anyone else want this or has accomplished it with using a different node output?

I just managed to do this by connecting the Falcon to the blue gi light below it.

#9998 3 years ago

Art blades should be standard on comic edition -they complete game and look sensational (use soapy water spray on backing and plastic blade to attach - very simple)
Added a Millenuium Falcon purchased for $60 from US - no lights looks good and make this pinball really attractive

star wars pinnie (resized).jpgstar wars pinnie (resized).jpg
#9999 3 years ago
Quoted from refried:

Reproduction steps:
2. Light Endor Missions

send this to [email protected]

#10000 3 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

Art blades should be standard on comic edition -they complete game and look sensational (use soapy water spray on backing and plastic blade to attach - very simple)
Added a Millenuium Falcon purchased for $60 from US - no lights looks good and make this pinball really attractive

Looks great but man u need to get rid of the yellow Stern cards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/200?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.