Screenshot_20211201-131529_Chrome (resized).jpg
C (resized).jpg
B (resized).jpg
A (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211119-083347 (resized).png
78C09A16-9AB3-48CE-BAF5-021DF1357D40 (resized).jpeg
F5642CAB-138D-4906-8373-9732E64106CD (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 235.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looking forward to the official Stern releases - feature matrix & video, but at the moment the premium looks like the one I would go for and add my own EL side rails.

What were you thinking of for your side rails...art wise?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

What were you thinking of for your side rails...art wise?

If I go for a SW it will most probably be a premium, the LE just doesn't look good specially those lame rails.

So in keeping with the Imperial (Premium) theme, I was thinking having a laser cut AT-AT with cable running up the rails with a Snowspeeder cut into the backbox hinges.

#53 4 years ago

Very very interested in this game since it's Ritchie and Dwight together again. Gameplay is all that matters to me so cannot wait to see videos and play one.

If I got one it wouldn't be for quite awhile, and no way I'm getting rid of GOT to buy anything except a new heart if mine gave out. Haha.

Looking forward to more information on this one!!

#54 4 years ago

I am definitely in on this game. The only difference now is that I must decide the flavor I will get. Before this (botched / incomplete) reveal, I was 75% LE. Now, I am not sure. I need better photos, feature matrix and hopefully some gameplay videos. I will likely get 2 of those 3 before I need to decide for the first runs.

#55 4 years ago

Never bought a NIB before, this is the first title to get a possible thumbs up from the wife. But at first glance she said "Looks like you wouldn't want the base model, what's the difference between the Premium and LE?" I have no interest in a special art package, I just want full features, so hopefully a Premium is in my future.

What kind of local costs should I expect to see? $5000 - $6500 - $8000?

Looking forward to more pics/features/video.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Never bought a NIB before, this is the first title to get a possible thumbs up from the wife. But at first glance she said "Looks like you wouldn't want the base model, what's the difference between the Premium and LE?" I have no interest in a special art package, I just want full features, so hopefully a Premium is in my future.
What kind of local costs should I expect to see? $5000 - $6500 - $8000?
Looking forward to more pics/features/video.

Supposed to be $200 more than AC/DC (or any new DMD) and in-line with Aerosmith. I think $7K premium.

#57 4 years ago

Maybe a premium in a year from now on the HUO market pending code, art, gameplay,price is in tune with my liking. Right now I'll reserve my judgement until I see it and play it in the flesh.

#58 4 years ago

I just mailed my payment to my distributor for the LE.

I'm paid and ready to go...now I just need to move into a bigger place.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am definitely in on this game. The only difference now is that I must decide the flavor I will get. Before this (botched / incomplete) reveal, I was 75% LE. Now, I am not sure. I need better photos, feature matrix and hopefully some gameplay videos. I will likely get 2 of those 3 before I need to decide for the first runs.

If you haven't already gotten in line for an LE by this point, you may be 0% LE no matter what you decide.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you haven't already gotten in line for an LE by this point, you may be 0% LE no matter what you decide.

In line #1 with my distributor. Just need to decide before Stern releases high res photos.

#61 4 years ago

I like the premium best, but this game was always going to be my first NIB LE purchase. Just put down my deposit...

#62 4 years ago

I love how people were "in" before it was even shown.

Now that it appears mediocre...eh it's Star Wars so we have to buy it.

#63 4 years ago

Several reasons - like pinball, love Star Wars, have $$$.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Now that it appears mediocre...eh it's Star Wars so we have to buy it.

Okay I've been dissing it but...

Remember when IM released! It got BLASTED. Looked "cheap", "plain", "boring"...and I was one of those people. Hell I liked it even less after playing it a few times. Now...I love it! One of my all time favorites. So there is hope.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm paid and ready to go...now I just need to move into a bigger place.

Same here ... and same here

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay I've been dissing it but...
Remember when IM released! It got BLASTED. Looked "cheap", "plain", "boring"...and I was one of those people. Hell I liked it even less after playing it a few times. Now...I love it! One of my all time favorites. So there is hope.

There are a lot of games that have got a hard time upon reveal (probably doesn't help that half the time a low quality unexpected leak is the way a lot of Sterns games have been revealed) but they have gone on to become some of our most highly rated games - SM, IM, ST, TWD all come to mind.

Hi res pics and video plus a detailed feature matrix will give us all a far better idea just how good/bad SW could become, great code with the layout that's been shown could easily make SW an awesome playing game.

#67 4 years ago

So what has the Le price come in at? I'm going between le and premium. Anybody know definite prices from a distributor?

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Not that it appears mediocre...eh it's Star Wars so we have to buy it.

I don't think it appears mediocre at all. And I'd be in even if it turns out to be mediocre. I love Star Wars, and this was one of two or three themes I would buy sight unseen. I can always sell it if it blows.

#69 4 years ago

I'm a Star Wars fan, but will not even think about buying one before I've played it and there's a clear sign of Stern quality improving. All the playfield and cabinet issues and cost savings are too much of a risk for me to order one sight unseen

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't think it appears mediocre at all. And I'd be in even if it turns out to be mediocre. I love Star Wars, and this was one of two or three themes I would buy sight unseen. I can always sell it if it blows.

I love Star Wars also....whole family does. I'll say this, I think the cabs look pretty cool...especially the pro and premium cabs. But the playfield is meh at best. It might play great but it doesn't (and never will) look great.

#71 4 years ago

Can every stop saying they love star wars please? (Like, no shit).

Or we should make a rule that you can only say you truly LOVE Star Wars if you think the shitty "first" 3 are awesome movies. It's helps me weed out the millennials as a bonus

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can every stop saying they love star wars please? (Like, no shit).
Or we should make a rule that you can only say you truly LOVE Star Wars if you think the shitty "first" 3 are awesome movies. It's helps me weed out the millennials as a bonus

I'm 52. I saw Star Wars in Paramus, NJ on opening day on the biggest screen at the time. Still have the program I bought at the candy stand that's worth a few more bucks now than I paid for it.

So yeah...I think I'm allowed to say I love Star Wars.

That said, I don't own any of those stupid action figures and talking crap. That's for nerds, man.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm 52. I saw Star Wars in Paramus, NJ on opening day on the biggest screen at the time. Still have the program I bought at the candy stand that's worth a few more bucks now than I paid for it.

So you're 52 basically. Because all 52 year olds saw Star Wars in the fucking movie theatre.
So let's go deeper....you were 12 years old when it came out, how many 12 year olds do you think saw SW in the theatre? All of them minus the amish ones?
I had a Return of the Jedi birthday party in 1983...just like every goddamn kid in 1983 It didn't make me special, it's the exact opposite actually.
Man I bet Empire blew your doors off but guess what you liked Bobba Fett the best before anyone else?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That said, I don't own any of those stupid action figures and talking crap. That's for nerds, man.

I saw it at Blue Star shopping center, Watchung NJ when I was 5 years old. I remember waiting outside in a HUGE line forever (No fandango.com back then). They announced "Only single seats available" just before we purchased tix.

Had to sit on the right wall of the theatre next to a huge ass speaker. Mom sat behind me. Dad was in the crooked-neck section (front row).

Good times!

#75 4 years ago

Whoever buys one, please PM me. I would like to invite myself over to play some dollar games. Will bring beer!

#76 4 years ago

Cabinet art is different on both sides so we have only seen half the art each model has, cmon Stern think you really need to release some official images now

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So your 52 basically. Because all 52 year olds saw Star Wars in the fucking movie theatre.
So let's go deeper....you were 12 years old when it came out, how many 12 year olds do you think saw SW in the theatre? All of them minus the amish ones?
I had a Return of the Jedi birthday party in 1983...just like every goddamn kid in 1983 It didn't make me special, it's the exact opposite actually.
Man I bet Empire blew your doors off but guess what you liked Bobba Fett the best before anyone else?

You sound angry. Don't worry...not everybody can be as awesome as me.

But if you read O-din's post, my response was pointing out that I'm not a millennial and explaining why I love Star Wars.

But go ahead and be a Negative Nancy-Pants. Tons of them here on Pinside.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I saw it at Blue Star shopping center, Watchung NJ when I was 5 years old. I remember waiting outside in a HUGE line forever (No fandango.com back then). They announced "Only single seats available" just before we purchased tix.
Had to sit on the right wall of the theatre next to a huge ass speaker. Mom sat behind me. Dad was in the crooked-neck section (front row).
Good times!

I hope you went next door to Two Guys to play pinball and their bowling games.

#79 4 years ago

none of you should be in this club. None of you have played it yet nor even seen it in person. So this club should be empty until that's happened. Havn't you guys learned a damn thing over the years?

#80 4 years ago

I am in for the Pro as soon as its released, with the LCD and sound the new Sterns have this will be very good! Playfield also looks to be fast which will be awesome

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

none of you should be in this club. None of you have played it yet nor even seen it in person. So this club should be empty until that's happened. Havn't you guys learned a damn thing over the years?

What if you already paid for one? Shouldn't that allow you into the club?

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You sound angry. Don't worry...not everybody can be as awesome as me.
But if you read O-din's post, my response was pointing out that I'm not a millennial and explaining why I love Star Wars.
But go ahead and be a Negative Nancy-Pants. Tons of them here on Pinside.

Ha angry at the boob; not a chance.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

none of you should be in this club.

I have monies down.

#83 4 years ago

Premium all the way. I'll wait a year though so Stern can get all of the issues out of the way before I buy.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Got a call from our local distributor and placed my pre order for a LE a few hours ago. $8499

Holy fuckballs...I'd rather just pony up another $500 and get Dialed In. The last LE I bought, STLE, was $7300 shipped...and I thought that was overpriced. The last LE I kept, Metallica LE, was $6800 shipped.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Holy fuckballs...I'd rather just pony up another $500 and get Dialed In. The last LE I bought, STLE, was $7300 shipped...and I thought that was overpriced. The last LE I kept, Metallica LE, was $6800 shipped.

But isnt the real DI LE the CE at $12500. The DI LE is it even limited at all?

Id compare the DI LE to SW premium to be more fair comparison, $2000 difference and the DICE compared to SW LE at $4000 difference.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can every stop saying they love star wars please?

I hate Star Wars. They keep blowing up the Enterprise and Commander Koenig has no idea what in the hell he is doing on the moon.

#87 4 years ago

Di standard at $8k has a lot more value than any of the SW options imo. The theme of SW will carry this game, but the playfield is the only truly limited thing in this conversation. Why again is SW being compared to DI? That said, assuming gameplay is special, I'll be in on a premium most likely. Again, theme will carry it if code is decent.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Id compare the DI LE to SW premium to be more fair comparison, $2000 difference and the DICE compared to SW LE at $2000 difference again.

No. Dialed In CE is like Batman SLE. Both of those feel like a money grab in my opinion.

Dialed In LE is limited to 2500 games. That is a lot of games but still limited. Also, with Dialed In LE you are getting invisiglass, a high quality powder coat (not just baked on enamel), shaker motor, headphone jack. Stern isn't including any of those items in their LE's.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Id compare the DI LE to SW premium to be more fair comparison, $2000 difference and the DICE compared to SW LE at $2000 difference again.

I don't care if DI LE is "limited"...the point is for $500 more you get SOOOO much more for your dollar. There's really no difference between the $9k DI and $12.5k DI aside from trim color. The $12,500 DI is just a cash grab for suckers. It doesn't include anything of value that the "LE" doesn't have.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Id compare the DI LE to SW premium to be more fair comparison, $2000 difference and the DICE compared to SW LE at $4000 difference.

Sorry my math was wrong DICE is $4000 more then the SW LE.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The $12,500 DI is just a cash grab for suckers. It doesn't include anything of value that the "LE" doesn't have.

You should know LEs have always been just a cash grab by any company.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

100%

DI LE is more like a premium

As for Star Wars, imagine the sound and video clips on this pin

The lighting will be great

And Steve Ritchie's last 3 pins are ST, GOT and AC/DC. All ugly yet most consider great

Btw, I go with Yeti's opinion on the artwork with SW

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hope you went next door to Two Guys to play pinball and their bowling games.

Haha. I think I was a little too young to realize the brilliance of Two Guys.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stop being so rational, man. This is pinball.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Holy fuckballs...I'd rather just pony up another $500 and get Dialed In.

Heck I'm ponying down 500 and getting a DI

#96 4 years ago

Sweet! Just got off phone with Automated, first on the list for a Premium!

#97 4 years ago

So on the Premium/LE, it looks like you lock balls underneath the Death Star. I'm guessing once you have enough locked you can push the hyperspace button to have them all fly around and into the Death Star?

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

So on the Premium/LE, it looks like you lock balls underneath the Death Star. I'm guessing once you have enough locked you can push the hyperspace button to have them all fly around and into the Death Star?

That would certainly be awesome!

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You should know LEs have always been just a cash grab by any company.

True, but there used to be a reasonable value attached to it. When LEs were only $600 more, I could be like "OK, I get cool powdercoated rails & legs, a unique art package, a mirrored backglass, sometimes a shaker...sure, why not, that's worth $600".

#100 4 years ago

Fair points indeed.

There are 11,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 235.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside