IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 301.
#9901 3 years ago
Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

Would love some suggestions from Star Wars owners on what other games/themes would compliment this amazing pin. Thanks!

I'd recommend adding a JJP pin such as The Hobbit as JJP pins feel so much different than Stern pins. I have Star Wars Premium and a JJP Hobbit myself. Would love to add TMNT or Hot Wheels.

#9902 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I'd recommend adding a JJP pin such as The Hobbit as JJP pins feel so much different than Stern pins. I have Star Wars Premium and a JJP Hobbit myself. Would love to add TMNT or Hot Wheels.

Getting a JJP is a natural 2nd pin choice if you are looking for variety, but they are more expensive so I didn’t include them seeing you already have a SW Pro and assumed you wanted to stay in same price range.

If price is not a huge factor, my revised list would be:

JP
AIQ
Elvira
PoC
GnR
Willy Wonka

#9903 3 years ago

A JJP DI standard just recently sold for 5,700. That would have been a nice compliment as a second title next to SW

#9904 3 years ago

Appreciate all the suggestions! Getting a lot of people saying DP, AIQ or JP. I would agree that we need something with longer ball times. The last thing I want is for my family to get frustrated and not want to play as much. I haven't looked into a JJP mainly due to price and availability, but that could be interesting. So many options now! Makes it frustrating but also really good for pinball.

#9905 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Getting a JJP is a natural 2nd pin choice if you are looking for variety, but they are more expensive so I didn’t include them seeing you already have a SW Pro and assumed you wanted to stay in same price range.
If price is not a huge factor, my revised list would be:
JP
AIQ
Elvira
PoC
GnR
Willy Wonka

I’d recommend a Williams IJ before all of these.

#9906 3 years ago

If anyone has a copy of the John Williams soundtrack code it would be greatly appreciated.

#9907 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

If anyone has a copy of the John Williams soundtrack code it would be greatly appreciated.

Me too please...

#9908 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Pro or premium? I would like pro if you get it

#9909 3 years ago

Premium for me...

#9910 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Me too please...

me three!

#9911 3 years ago

Just joined the group! Does anyone have a left back Box head decal for a pro they're willing to sell? Thx!

#9912 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Just joined the group! Does anyone have a left back Box head decal for a pro they're willing to sell? Thx!

Hit up your distributor... they should be about $30 for each side.

#9913 3 years ago

In the past week, I’ve played the following pins and would rank them in this order:

1. Star Wars Premium
2. Jurassic Park Premium
3. Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP)
4. Avengers IQ Pro
5. Elvira LE
6. Guns N Roses LE
7. Willy Wonka
8. Deadpool Pro
9. Dialed In
10. TMBT Pro
11. Game of Thrones Pro
12. Munsters Premium
13. Batman 66 Premium
14. Stranger Things Premium
15. Hot Wheels

Quick Comments:

Star Wars, when set up correctly, is just a much faster and a better shooting pin than any others on this list. Maybe I am biased because my first pinball experience was on Terminator 2 in the 90’s, so that is what I thought pinball should be (also a Ritchie game).

Also, it seems to me that there are a few styles of pinball games now:

The shooter style, with shorter ball times (SW, GoT, Hot Wheels).

The adventure style where you try to hit a specific shot or shots to advance in the “game” and with long ball times (JP, AIQ).

The hit one thing over and over style (Elvira, Stranger Things and anything else in the AFM or MM genre)

The packed playfield style (JJP, Guardians)

Some games are a hybrid of these styles, of course (AIQ, JP, Deadpool, Willy Wonka, Munsters).

As an interesting note, for GnR, it was definitely more fun to watch the playfield and screens when other people were playing than when I was the shooter. I think that may be true for most JJP pins. They are more beautiful to look at than they are fun to play for extended periods of time, but PoC is an exception to that rule (I think).

#9914 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

In the past week, I’ve played the following pins and would rank them in this order:
1. Star Wars Premium
2. Jurassic Park Premium
3. Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP)
4. Avengers IQ Pro
5. Elvira LE
6. Guns N Roses LE
7. Willy Wonka
8. Deadpool Pro
9. Dialed In
10. TMBT Pro
11. Game of Thrones Pro
12. Munsters Premium
13. Batman 66 Premium
14. Stranger Things Premium
15. Hot Wheels
Quick Comments:
Star Wars, when set up correctly, is just a much faster and a better shooting pin than any others on this list. Maybe I am biased because my first pinball experience was on Terminator 2 in the 90’s, so that is what I thought pinball should be (also a Ritchie game).
Also, it seems to me that there are a few styles of pinball games now:
The shooter style, with shorter ball times (SW, GoT, Hot Wheels).
The adventure style where you try to hit a specific shot or shots to advance in the “game” and with long ball times (JP, AIQ).
The hit one thing over and over style (Elvira, Stranger Things and anything else in the AFM or MM genre)
The packed playfield style (JJP, Guardians)
Some games are a hybrid of these styles, of course (AIQ, JP, Deadpool, Willy Wonka, Munsters).
As an interesting note, for GnR, it was definitely more fun to watch the playfield and screens when other people were playing than when I was the shooter. I think that may be true for most JJP pins. They are more beautiful to look at than they are fun to play for extended periods of time, but PoC is an exception to that rule (I think).

Nice to get to play a bunch of different pins. Before I got my SW premium last year I was thinking to buy BM66 and was playing that in the arcade along with a bunch of other pins including SW premium/LE. I don't think it was set up correctly with the hyper loop often not working but I got the feel for the pin anyway and SW premium quick shot to the top of my list. I had to track down a SW pro and while I liked that as well the hyper loop was so fun that I needed to get the premium.

Not sure if you have played R&M but that is another top pin to me, the shots are not as smooth as SW and you have to fight to keep the ball in play and get the ball to the correct flipper to make the desired shots but it's just about the most fun pin that I have played. It was quite the short ball time but after some tweaking and learning the shots it's not as brutal but still short ball time. Nice that both SW and R&M give some options to save the ball on certain drainy returns of you want.

The only pin on your list I have not played has been Hot wheels. I am interested to hear why you rate it last because it looks like it would be a lot of fun to shoot.

#9915 3 years ago

Good analysis. I don't see reviews that concise too often

#9916 3 years ago

Starwars will never leave unless it's to a premium in the future.

16096552498525670273614776758424 (resized).jpg16096552498525670273614776758424 (resized).jpg
#9917 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Nice to get to play a bunch of different pins. Before I got my SW premium last year I was thinking to buy BM66 and was playing that in the arcade along with a bunch of other pins including SW premium/LE. I don't think it was set up correctly with the hyper loop often not working but I got the feel for the pin anyway and SW premium quick shot to the top of my list. I had to track down a SW pro and while I liked that as well the hyper loop was so fun that I needed to get the premium.
Not sure if you have played R&M but that is another top pin to me, the shots are not as smooth as SW and you have to fight to keep the ball in play and get the ball to the correct flipper to make the desired shots but it's just about the most fun pin that I have played. It was quite the short ball time but after some tweaking and learning the shots it's not as brutal but still short ball time. Nice that both SW and R&M give some options to save the ball on certain drainy returns of you want.
The only pin on your list I have not played has been Hot wheels. I am interested to hear why you rate it last because it looks like it would be a lot of fun to shoot.

Haven’t played Rick & Morty yet, but will definitely be on the lookout for it.

As for Hot wheels, I just thought the layout was boring and the shots weren’t smooth enough to make up for it. Fun for a few games, for sure, but after than I didn’t want to play it.

#9918 3 years ago

So for those of us who don't want to shell out $1,000+ for the Star Wars topper, what topper substitutes have you guys come up with?

#9919 3 years ago

Still need 2 more ratings submitted for the Star Wars Comic Art (Premium) version in order for it to be eligible for Pinside Top 100!

This game is grossly underrated IMO and could use a boost.

Get those votes in asap so that Star Wars can take its rightful place in the Top 20 of the Pinside Top 100!!!

Note: All you have to do to submit a ranking is to click on the Star Wars Comic Art (Premium) link at the top of this page, and then scroll down to where it says "add/edit rating" and then fill out the form.

#9920 3 years ago

Updated to 1.10 and played probably 3 games on it and not I’m having an issue. It’s saying locating balls and node board 8 is not responding. I made sure all connections were tight to the lower boards. I think this is the board that stern had me put a spacer and a zip tie to fix an issue early on.

#9921 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Updated to 1.10 and played probably 3 games on it and not I’m having an issue. It’s saying locating balls and node board 8 is not responding. I made sure all connections were tight to the lower boards. I think this is the board that stern had me put a spacer and a zip tie to fix an issue early on.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but are you booting the game up with the door open by any chance? That can confuse the node boards...

#9922 3 years ago

I wasn’t aware there was a R-rated speech setting!

11BBF2CF-A0F2-4BF5-B878-358A068AE2A3 (resized).jpeg11BBF2CF-A0F2-4BF5-B878-358A068AE2A3 (resized).jpeg
#9923 3 years ago

Just bought a Pro yesterday...wow...this game is very fun! I know I'm preaching to the choir here...but...looking forward to getting deeper into the rules now that I have one here. I'm surprised this game isn't in the top 20 on Pinside.

#9924 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Just bought a Pro yesterday...wow...this game is very fun! I know I'm preaching to the choir here...but...looking forward to getting deeper into the rules now that I have one here. I'm surprised this game isn't in the top 20 on Pinside.

It would be if two more people rated the comic art premium!

The reason it isn’t currently rated as a Top 20 pin is because it got hammered early by people playing on bad setups and being disappointed that their dream theme had limited (premium) or no (pro) toys, as well as not fully understanding or liking the multiplier rules. Also it can be a drain monster when not set up correctly, so that made people rate it low too.

Didn’t really factor in how fun and great the rules are as well as how well it shoots—especially for home use.

#9925 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

It would be if two more people rated the comic art premium!
The reason it isn’t currently rated as a Top 20 pin is because it got hammered early by people playing on bad setups and being disappointed that their dream theme had limited (premium) or no (pro) toys, as well as not fully understanding or liking the multiplier rules. Also it can be a drain monster when not set up correctly, so that made people rate it low too.
Didn’t really factor in how fun and great the rules are as well as how well it shoots—especially for home use.

I suspect it will climb back up over time. It's a fast shooting game for sure.

#9926 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but are you booting the game up with the door open by any chance? That can confuse the node boards...

No, the door is closed but I don’t think it would even matter since there’s no coin door switch on the early LE’s.

#9927 3 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

in this version, the OS has changed and the computer communication too, the µ controller of the lightsaber no longer recognizes the communication protocol, we must not install this update because the lightsaber will no longer work, we will work on a new firmware version in the course of 2021, it will take time because it will not be easy and I will have to get the pinball machine to analyze the signals.

Shit, really? i have already updated to the newest code, so are you saying that the light saber is useless if upgraded to the newer code? if that is the case thats a bummer for me as i also have another new in box light saber that i was going to sell, does anyone know how to revert back to the previous code?

#9928 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

No, the door is closed but I don’t think it would even matter since there’s no coin door switch on the early LE’s.

Ahh...sorry I forgot many SW didn't have an interlock switch. Bummer.

#9929 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Merde, vraiment? J'ai déjà mis à jour le code le plus récent, alors dites-vous que le sabre laser est inutile s'il est mis à niveau vers le nouveau code? si c'est le cas c'est une déception pour moi car j'ai également un autre nouveau sabre laser en boîte que j'allais vendre, est-ce que quelqu'un sait comment revenir au code précédent?

PM

#9930 3 years ago

I’m getting the magic gold dust on my Comic Premium coin box lid. It’s making the top of my coin box sparkle. Time to replace the coil stops. My game is under 400 plays (the game is reporting under 25 since the update cleared the odometer). I bought some aftermarket replacements from Pinball Life. They have to be better quality than the Stern ones.

#9931 3 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

So for those of us who don't want to shell out $1,000+ for the Star Wars topper, what topper substitutes have you guys come up with?

#9932 3 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

One was for sale here for $750

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1092-great-american-pinball/02053-stern-star-wars-topper

#9934 3 years ago

Ah. There is also a douche selling his for $1800 on Pinside.

#9935 3 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,118076.0.html

#9936 3 years ago

How is SW rated below Hot Wheels, BK SoR and Stranger Things.

#9937 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s criminal!

That’s why I’ve been asking people to rank Star Wars Comic Art (Premium). Only need two more rankings and once that pin is eligible, it will likely lift the entire game into the Top 20 based on the ratings that have comments...

#9938 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

It’s criminal!
That’s why I’ve been asking people to rank Star Wars Comic Art (Premium). Only need two more rankings and once that pin is eligible, it will likely lift the entire game into the Top 20 based on the ratings that have comments...

I've had my Comic Premium about a month now and closing in on 1000 games. I am not tiring of it all, if anything the more I play it the more I love it.

I already rated it and gave it my first perfect 10. This game is WAY up there for me, an all time favorite for sure. It is brutal, fast, rewarding, deep and most of all it is SO MUCH FUN.

Also... I really hate Yoda now, but it was worth it.

#9939 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Its weird. It got the worst wrap when it released and somehow there are still people in the hobby that won't give it a chance. I have friends that just won't accept the game... strange. They just can't get past there are no toys or interesting mechs on the pro.

#9940 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Its weird. It got the worst wrap when it released and somehow there are still people in the hobby that won't give it a chance. I have friends that just won't accept the game... strange. They just can't get past there are no toys or interesting mechs on the pro.

I think lots just don't like the fact you have to chase your multiplier around to truly get a decent score. Pinball is hard.........

#9941 3 years ago

Regarding the new code and the mysterious slam-tilt issue - I installed the Cap Cable Shaker Kit (502-7059-00) that I received from Stern. Since installing, I have had zero issues with slam-tilt or tilt "DANGER" warnings. I think that did the trick.

To get the kit, I sent an email to Stern ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected]). Yeah, I copied the world. I explained the issue, and included return mail address. They did follow-up and asked for my serial number.

#9942 3 years ago

Have a question for those that have added the lighted milenium falcon mod to thier SW Pro. It lights up during regular gameplay but on video mode / flying through the asteroid belt it sure would be cool if the leds would light up when you hit the action button for the boose or just light up solid in general. Anyone else want this or has accomplished it with using a different node output?

#9943 3 years ago
Quoted from Pgorey:

Have a question for those that have added the lighted milenium falcon mod to thier SW Pro. It lights up during regular gameplay but on video mode / flying through the asteroid belt it sure would be cool if the leds would light up when you hit the action button for the boose or just light up solid in general. Anyone else want this or has accomplished it with using a different node output?

Is yours the official Stern Falcon or a 3rd party? Just asking cuz I'm curious about wiring options.

#9944 3 years ago

Back in with a Star Wars Pro comic edition. Love it.

#9945 3 years ago

What is your favorite modes and characters you like to concentrate on?

I’ve been playing mostly R2D2 and the Death Star missions.

#9946 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Which is doubly unfortunate since the hyyperloop on the Premium/LE has to be one of the greatest mechs ever - I get such a kick when I show it so someone that has not seen it before. Eyes widen up and a loud "whoa!" comes out... without exception.

#9947 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Which is doubly unfortunate since the hyyperloop on the Premium/LE has to be one of the greatest mechs ever - I get such a kick when I show it so someone that has not seen it before. Eyes widen up and a loud "whoa!" comes out... without exception.

The lights and sounds that go with the HL Multiball are really great. Almost the greatest moment in pinball.

I know Keneda had a bad first impression of SW and he really took an ax to it whenever he needs a whipping boy he’ll trot out SW and say SR and Dwight don’t got it anymore.

I admit to also not caring for the pin on release, and early play. It wasn’t until later after I watched a few tutorials and got to play it again did I start to love it and I feel it is most truly appreciated in the home setting.

My guests and new players it’s hard for me to explain so I tell them to ignore the bonus multipliers.

#9948 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Which is doubly unfortunate since the hyperloop on the Premium/LE has to be one of the greatest mechs ever - I get such a kick when I show it so someone that has not seen it before. Eyes widen up and a loud "whoa!" comes out... without exception.

One of the best things about this game (premium or LE), for home use, is that sometimes I just feel like a quick game and I will ONLY go for the hyperloop shot as my goal and not care about score. It is so satisfying anytime I hit the Hyperloop shot, but hitting it to start (and add to) the Hyperspace Multiball is unreal.

I can't think of another pin that I would truly enjoy just going for one mode and that's it. I think the key is that once you hit HS MB, you have the opportunity to add more balls while the mech is actually operating. I can't think of any other mechanic that interacts with you that way. The others all end once multiball is triggered, for this one, that is just the beginning...

Next best multi-ball mechanics that I can think of are:

Jurrasic Park Premium
Aerosmith Premium
Willy Wonka
AIQ Premium
PoC
Elvira HOH
TMNT

Which other ones am I missing?

#9949 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

One of the best things about this game (premium or LE), for home use, is that sometimes I just feel like a quick game and I will ONLY go for the hyperloop shot as my goal and not care about score. It is so satisfying anytime I hit the Hyperloop shot, but hitting it to start (and add to) the Hyperspace Multiball is unreal.
I can't think of another pin that I would truly enjoy just going for one mode and that's it. I think the key is that once you hit HS MB, you have the opportunity to add more balls while the mech is actually operating. I can't think of any other mechanic that interacts with you that way. The others all end once multiball is triggered, for this one, that is just the beginning...
Next best multi-ball mechanics that I can think of are:
Jurrasic Park Premium
Aerosmith Premium
Willy Wonka
AIQ Premium
PoC
Elvira HOH
TMNT
Which other ones am I missing?

PotC Stern the spinning disc you can add balls while it’s spinning to increase the number hold balls while another is added. Dwight coded that game too.

#9950 3 years ago

Best Game in my collection Star Wars Pro Comic art with side art blades fitted - looks awesome!
Other games in my collection Aerosmith Pro, Acdc Premium, Stern IJ , MMR LE, AFMR LE & MBR LE

But this is special in every way!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.