SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 302.
#9801 3 years ago

Just had a decent game, playing all four planet mini-wizards, and having only Boba Fett standing between me and the Emperor (as usual, lol). And you know how many times I played the video mode? Once. It was glorious. WOOHOO!!! That would have easily been a 5 video mode game before. Soooooo much better now.

I will slightly miss the huge 40x level 3 cash (I pulled off a 1bil+ vid mode once), but I won't miss it that much.

Thank you so much Dwight!

#9802 3 years ago

I found making the video mode the minimum time makes it much more palatable as well. It also is less likely to produce insane scores.

#9803 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

So does the premium code have the 2 ball save feature as well? It doesn't mention that in the release notes.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

2 balls saves within my 10 second ball time setting

#9804 3 years ago

Thanks! To confirm, I take it by your multicolored insert comment that you have a premium?

#9805 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Thanks! To confirm, I take it by your multicolored insert comment that you have a premium?

There is no change in lighting from pro to premium.

#9806 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Then, in the middle of a great Leia game, I got a Slam Tilt out of nowhere. No clue how all this tilt stuff is happening. Ideas?

Maybe you're missing the capacitor kit on your shaker? The slam tilt is a symptom that is supposed to fix. Contact Stern and see if they will send you one. Did you buy an official Stern shaker or 'other' brand?

Rob

#9807 3 years ago

Update in progress !

#9808 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Made the update to my Prem. The DJ mixer thing is cool, but doubtful that I'll use it much. The only odd thing that I am experiencing is that I have gotten a TILT warning a few times, and I'm not a nudger. I've owned the machine for over three years (NIB) and have never gotten a warning. Then, in the middle of a great Leia game, I got a Slam Tilt out of nowhere. No clue how all this tilt stuff is happening. Ideas?

Same here, I’ve never seen a slam tilt until after this update. I was having a great game and it slam tilted and game reset on me. I have a pro

#9809 3 years ago

All of you having issues, email:

[email protected]

[email protected]

#9810 3 years ago

After reading about these tilt warnings, Now not so sure to update or not...

#9811 3 years ago

I've seen no phantom tilt issues in about 30-40 games over the last couple days, for reference on my Pro.

#9812 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I have a premium.

#9813 3 years ago

I did the update yesterday. Played 30+ games so far, including some long games, and zero tilt warnings so far.

#9814 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Same here, I’ve never seen a slam tilt until after this update. I was having a great game and it slam tilted and game reset on me. I have a pro

Can you put the game on switch test and let it sit for 20 minutes to see if any tilts happen?

#9815 3 years ago

Hey everyone,

I am so excited! I successfully traded my Game of Thrones Pro for a Star Wars Pro. This game is really growing on me and a blast to shoot. The games are swapped temporarily, but I will get plenty of time to play it. Thanks for all your suggestions. It is a great game. Merry Christmas to everyone on this thread. I have not updated code to the latest, but the settings are dialed in perfectly right now. Will have to take notes of all the settings and then I will update code.

B99134A9-EEB5-492C-9D0C-4B5C8CAE3C8A (resized).jpegB99134A9-EEB5-492C-9D0C-4B5C8CAE3C8A (resized).jpeg
#9816 3 years ago

Can you put the game on switch test and let it sit for 20 minutes to see if any tilts happen?

I’ll try that tonight, I’ll also send an email to stern. It happened again earlier today. Both times it occurred was during a multiball.........this never occurred prior to this recent update.

#9817 3 years ago

They added a feature to "directors cut"? is this a thing. I did not think it was finished etc or even what it would be.

#9818 3 years ago

I did this, no tilts occurred

#9819 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Anybody else have the lightsaber shooter lane mod from Mezel Mods (made by 2Niro Pinball) stop working after updating to v1.10?

in this version, the OS has changed and the computer communication too, the µ controller of the lightsaber no longer recognizes the communication protocol, we must not install this update because the lightsaber will no longer work, we will work on a new firmware version in the course of 2021, it will take time because it will not be easy and I will have to get the pinball machine to analyze the signals.

#9820 3 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

in this version, the OS has changed and the computer communication too, the µ controller of the lightsaber no longer recognizes the communication protocol, we must not install this update because the lightsaber will no longer work, we will work on a new firmware version in the course of 2021, it will take time because it will not be easy and I will have to get the pinball machine to analyze the signals.

Thank you for the info!

#9821 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I did this, no tilts occurred

Looking forward to what Stern has to say. I only put 10 games on my premium since upgrading and have not had any issues.

#9822 3 years ago

Looking forward to what Stern has to say. I only put 10 games on my premium since upgrading and have not had any issues.

So am I. Email sent today. Again, this only happened during multi-ball deep into a game. Basically anytime I’ve gone deep into a game, it shut down, pretty disappointing

#9823 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Hey everyone,
I am so excited! I successfully traded my Game of Thrones Pro for a Star Wars Pro. This game is really growing on me and a blast to shoot. The games are swapped temporarily, but I will get plenty of time to play it. Thanks for all your suggestions. It is a great game. Merry Christmas to everyone on this thread. I have not updated code to the latest, but the settings are dialed in perfectly right now. Will have to take notes of all the settings and then I will update code.
[quoted image]

Congrats!!

FYI: Make sure you list the settings by name of each setting or video it as you cycle through the list. I copied all of mine by number, and after the update, the numbering changed so I had to go off memory even though I tried to write everything down. Oops.

#9824 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just had a decent game, playing all four planet mini-wizards, and having only Boba Fett standing between me and the Emperor (as usual, lol). And you know how many times I played the video mode? Once. It was glorious. WOOHOO!!! That would have easily been a 5 video mode game before. Soooooo much better now.
I will slightly miss the huge 40x level 3 cash (I pulled off a 1bil+ vid mode once), but I won't miss it that much.
Thank you so much Dwight!

I had the exact same scenario. All I had to beat was Escape from Boba Fett. This is on the older code. Haven’t updated it yet.

#9825 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I had the exact same scenario. All I had to beat was Escape from Boba Fett. This is on the older code. Haven’t updated it yet.

Oh yeah...that's a VERY common scenario for me. I bet I have been Fett Blocked at least a dozen times. It's my own fault though...not a code issue. Both orbits (especially the right) are my kryptonite, and hitting them on demand is...unlikely. It is a great, high pressure, immersive mode and I love it...but man it usually has my number. Every now and then though, when I'm on...it feels great. Especially if you go that extra step and move a 40x multiplier on to every shot of the mode. I only did that once but it was amazing!

#9826 3 years ago

Just got my first pinball machine ever, and it's a Star Wars Premium! Sadly it is currently sitting in my garage while I finish tiling my basement, but I hope to have it set up soon!

#9827 3 years ago

Congrats & welcome to the club.

#9828 3 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Sadly it is currently sitting in my garage

No power in the garage?

#9829 3 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Just got my first pinball machine ever, and it's a Star Wars Premium! Sadly it is currently sitting in my garage while I finish tiling my basement, but I hope to have it set up soon!

May the Force be with you!

#9830 3 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Enjoy that hyperloop (once you get the game set up)!

#9831 3 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Hope it’s a big basement! Once you trade that trowel in for a lightsaber you will be hooked! Have fun soon, the game is a blast!

#9832 3 years ago

Is it possible to revert back to old code?

#9833 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I asked the same about Iron maiden.
Was told by a few members yes.

#9834 3 years ago

Joined the club with my first pin ever. Ordered back in September but just happened to arrive a few days before Xmas. I had played both Pro and Premium on location before ordering. I went with the Pro over the premium because I liked the faster play of the Pro and didn't much care for the Hyperloop. I also prefer the Pro art on the comic version. Build date of Nov 12th, 2020. Playfield is stamped Oct 19th 2020.

I was a little anxious about going NIB but so far everything plays perfectly and the playfield looks really great! The horseshoe feeds perfectly with no STDM drains that I've heard others have problems with.

The new code came out the day before my game arrived so that was pretty exciting. I had ordered the art blades ahead of time and I love the look they provide.

My only issue was my coin door was slightly misaligned on the hinge. Quick adjustment fixed that.

SWCAPRO1 (resized).jpgSWCAPRO1 (resized).jpgSWCAPRO2 (resized).jpgSWCAPRO2 (resized).jpg
#9835 3 years ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

... and didn't much care for the Hyperloop. ...

?!

#9836 3 years ago

I didn't care enough to spend the extra $1600 I mean...

It's cool and all, just not that cool for me.

#9837 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

i confirm, we can

#9838 3 years ago

Joined the club with my first pin ever. Ordered back in September but just happened to arrive a few days before Xmas. I had played both Pro and Premium on location before ordering. I went with the Pro over the premium because I liked the faster play of the Pro and didn't much care for the Hyperloop. I also prefer the Pro art on the comic version. Build date of Nov 12th, 2020. Playfield is stamped Oct 19th 2020.
I was a little anxious about going NIB but so far everything plays perfectly and the playfield looks really great! The horseshoe feeds perfectly with no STDM drains that I've heard others have problems with.
The new code came out the day before my game arrived so that was pretty exciting. I had ordered the art blades ahead of time and I love the look they provide.
My only issue was my coin door was slightly misaligned on the hinge. Quick adjustment fixed that.[quoted image][quoted image]

I love the pro comic art, I almost went with that but had to have the hyper loop, but the pro is truly a fast machine. I'm glad that Stern is continuing to make them so many years out.

I feel like the hyper loop is the killer app for this pin and indeed my favorite toy of any pin and I've owned a crap load of nice pins but still the pro is great especially the cabinet art on the pro is my favorite. SW is such a great pin in all flavors.

#9839 3 years ago

I got the R2-D2 topper and am blown away. Really exceeded my expectations, especially from a build quality standpoint. Looks MUCH better in person, and really does add a lot to the look of the machine and the smile on first-time users’ faces.

I admit it doesn’t do a whole lot, but far more than most toppers and the lighting effects are really underrated as there are four pinball style flasher lights that at aim up at R2-D2 and the change in lighting creates a lot of variability— in addition to the interest that the moving R2-D2 creates. The lighting has a nice effect not just on R2-D2, but also on the ceiling and wall(s) behind the pin as well.

The turning head is really cool, as are the extra R2-D2 audio clips, but the unit overall is just outstanding (the build of the base the R2-D2 sits in is way better in person than even the videos looked).

Simple to install, and after removing the cap on the top of the back box, plugging in the electrical connectors, and going into the menu to adjust the topper settings; it really made me feel like the pin was incomplete without it.

Really glad I added it.

#9840 3 years ago

I didn't care enough to spend the extra $1600 I mean...

Fair!

#9841 3 years ago

Premium version 1.10 Raw image with edits - No Yoda Drain's (except 1) and 2 Ball save changes, Luke and Leia

PM me for the link (it may take me a day to get back to you)

Don't ask for instructions or how to do new edits or use PB Browser, it is what it is
Don't ask for Pro or LE versions, although this may work on LE also, the image from Stern is labeled as LE but comes up Premium on the machine (If you know PB Browser you should be able to figure it out - sorry) - older versions of the software had the same files for PREM/LE, I don't know if anything has changed this version
Anything you do is your responsibility regarding your machine and its warranty

I'm simply sharing this

here are the changes

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yU2boWEzHXygV9gC3Fq7-SDgICAbRjEW?usp=sharing

This post may not stay up for long

#9842 3 years ago

Some bug fixes and enhancements from Stern that I noticed:

Improved LED lighting
Improved Sound
Framerate appears to be smoother on Video Mode of asteroids (could be a placebo affect from the joy of NEW CODE )
Bug where flippers died if playing as Leia and you double press flippers to skip video scene introif speeder bike scene is stacked with anything else and ball is released from vertical post with flippers dead
End game random number shaker motor much less activation - doesn't rumble the machine apart anymore

#9843 3 years ago

Just got an email from Stern. SW Pro original art won't be back on the line until mid March. Thought I'd share in case anyone else was waiting on theirs. Purchased mine in August.

#9844 3 years ago

Newb question: Where is the memory card at? I asked fooflighter for the image with his edits-- if I screw around with editing the software image-- should I use a new memory card and if so what specs should we replace it with? Or can I just reload from the Stern software update to revert the image?

Thanks!

#9845 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Just got an email from Stern. SW Pro original art won't be back on the line until mid March. Thought I'd share in case anyone else was waiting on theirs. Purchased mine in August.

I’m glad Stern is still making these pins must be a good seller.

#9846 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Newb question: Where is the memory card at? I asked fooflighter for the image with his edits-- if I screw around with editing the software image-- should I use a new memory card and if so what specs should we replace it with? Or can I just reload from the Stern software update to revert the image?
Thanks!

Definitely get a new SD card to play around with, you want to keep your default card alone.

SanDisk Ultra 16GB Class 10 SDHC UHS-I Memory Card - currently $6.49 on Amazon

#9847 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Newb question: Where is the memory card at?

Topp of the only pcb in the backbox

#9848 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Topp of the only pcb in the backbox

Thank you! Here's the full directions for Fooflighter's new code:

1. Get the image file from a pinsider. (I have a copy if you need it).
2. Use Win32DiskImager from https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/files/Archive/ to write the file to a new 8gb+ SD memory card
3. Replace your factory SD card (in the backbox behind the translite) with the new code. Store the old one for safekeeping.

#9849 3 years ago

Any word from Stern on slam tilt issue? I'd love for this to be resolved before my pin shows up.

#9850 3 years ago

Question regarding adding an after market Falcon to a pro, as long as the light strip is the proper voltage can it be plugged directly into the board where the real deal would plug into?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/197?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.