IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 301.
#9701 3 years ago

I am hopeful that Dwight will do one more code update for Star Wars. I just posted this as a separate topic, but thought I should post it here as well.

Here is my wish list for what would be added/changed:

1. Co-op mode
This game seems to absolutely be made for co-op mode. Would be a great addition.

2. Better use of small screen.
As of now, the screen is really not well utilized outside of the initial plunge. Would be nice to see it utilized more in the game other than to basically repeat information that is on the main screen. In my view, as it is used now, it seems like wasted space that could have been used for another toy in the game. Would like to see the small screen basically hold its own as a toy-like feature to the game.

3. Change in scoring system.
I like the ability to move the multipliers around, but too much weight in scoring is put on using your multipliers correctly. I have had many "great" games where i might score under 1 billion and then other "okay" games where I score 2 billion+ just because I hit one shot with a big multiplier. This could probably be accomplished by having smaller multipliers (only 1-10x) or not have the multiplier time out, (so that when you get to 40x, it stays there). I just think a really great game should get a higher score than an okay game that gets a disproportionate score solely because of the multiplier. Makes the high score a more fun goal and more reflective of the quality of the play. Also, some events just have way too low of points compared to their difficulty/accomplishment. Such as lightsaber dual, Escape from Boba Fett, etc.

4. Change in Hyperspace Hurry-Up
My favorite part of the game, by far, is the Hyperspace loop. I think once you unlock the Hyperspace, it should stay active until you hit the shot or drain, as opposed to being on a hurry-up. There are so many hurry-ups in this game already, and that shot is difficult as it is, so just leaving it open until you hit it would be a great change.

5. Inner-loop ball-save option
They added a ball-save option for the scoop. Would be great if they added an option for the inner loop too. There are too many SDTM drains from that loop and it becomes really frustrating to have a great game going only to have a SDTM for hitting the shot you were trying to hit. If there was an option for a ball-save (1-2 seconds would probably be enough) it would really improve the game play and make the game less finicky on having a perfect set up.

6. More variety for drain call outs.
I like the Yoda call outs but it would be great if there were some other characters or more variations rather than hearing the same "Control, control, you must use control" Yoda call out every time!

Those are my suggestions, what are yours?

#starwars

#9702 3 years ago

I would like to see a power setting for the ball launch too.

#9703 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I've had the Comic Premium version for almost a year now and the game keeps getting better and better. I have "fixed" the issue with the scoop draining so that it now always hits the left flipper on eject, which is awesome. Hoping to find a similar solution for the inner loop (Hoth/Death Star) shot. It is obviously not fun to hit the exact shot that is called for only to have it go SDTM. Bad shots getting punished is one thing, but quality shots getting punished is frustrating and this game would be a 10/10 if I can find a way to correct that.
I know this has been discussed throughout this thread, but does anyone have a "fix" that works to permanently correct this issue? Even when perfectly set up, it will still go SDTM at least 1 out of 6-7 times. I'd like it to be closer to 1 out of 20. It tends to drain SDTM more going from right to left (Hoth to Death Star) but can go SDTM either direction.
Any suggestions are appreciated and any photos of modifications are greatly appreciated!

Honestly, I put three layers of gorilla table in a 1/4 rectangle at the end of the loop (by the three bank) and it diverts the ball to the left flipper or left sling. Really easy fix.....

#9704 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I am hopeful that Dwight will do one more code update for Star Wars. I just posted this as a separate topic, but thought I should post it here as well.
1. Co-op mode
This game seems to absolutely be made for co-op mode. Would be a great addition.
As of now, the screen is really not well utilized outside of the initial plunge. Would be nice to see it utilized more in the game other than to basically repeat information that is on the main screen. In my view, as it is used now, it seems like wasted space that could have been used for another toy in the game. Would like to see the small screen basically hold its own as a toy-like feature to the game.
I like the ability to move the multipliers around, but too much weight in scoring is put on using your multipliers correctly. I have had many "great" games where i might score under 1 billion and then other "okay" games where I score 2 billion+ just because I hit one shot with a big multiplier. This could probably be accomplished by having smaller multipliers (only 1-10x) or not have the multiplier time out, (so that when you get to 40x, it stays there). I just think a really great game should get a higher score than an okay game that gets a disproportionate score solely because of the multiplier. Makes the high score a more fun goal and more reflective of the quality of the play. Also, some events just have way too low of points compared to their difficulty/accomplishment. Such as lightsaber dual, Escape from Boba Fett, etc.
My favorite part of the game, by far, is the Hyperspace loop. I think once you unlock the Hyperspace, it should stay active until you hit the shot or drain, as opposed to being on a hurry-up. There are so many hurry-ups in this game already, and that shot is difficult as it is, so just leaving it open until you hit it would be a great change.
They added a ball-save option for the scoop. Would be great if they added an option for the inner loop too. There are too many SDTM drains from that loop and it becomes really frustrating to have a great game going only to have a SDTM for hitting the shot you were trying to hit. If there was an option for a ball-save (1-2 seconds would probably be enough) it would really improve the game play and make the game less finicky on having a perfect set up.
I like the Yoda call outs but it would be great if there were some other characters or more variations rather than hearing the same "Control, control, you must use control" Yoda call out every time!
#starwars

Possible drain call out?

So many good candidates in this clip

#9705 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

1. Co-op mode
#starwars

Agree with point 2 with the screen. In this case the screen is meant to replace as a significant toy so it needs to do more.

I dont really agree with your scoring point although I get what your saying. The difference between a great game and ok game from a points stand point is knowing the multipliers... for what it is that's the game. I think it makes the game unique in that way.

#9706 3 years ago

Fair point about the multipliers made by you and others. I guess it comes down to whether you want the multipliers to be the focus of the game or not (from a scoring standpoint). I understand the uniqueness of keeping it the way it is, but I just personally would prefer it to be a more well-rounded pin from a scoring standpoint. It's not that I don't know how to use the multipliers or need to get better with them, it is that I (personally) don't enjoy that being such a dominating requirement of the game but get that it makes it unique and some love it.

#9707 3 years ago

Also, there is A LOT of love for this game but the Pinside Top 100 doesn't really reflect that. Need to get 6 more ratings on the Comic Art (Premium) for it to be eligible for the Top 100 which would likely, and rightfully, put this pin in the Top 20.

Get your votes in!!

#9708 3 years ago

I think it would be cool that if the player selection had more ways of changing game play. Possibly a player selection might have perk of multipliers counting up by 2 but have less time between stand up shots to keep it active. Another can have a significantly longer multiplier duration but it only goes up by 1x for every second stand up hit.

#9709 3 years ago

Possibly even a player that will keep more of the multiplier arrows lit when it is increased or maxed out.

Maybe a player can max out at 30x but two arrows will stay lit.

Another can max at 20x but all 3 are always lit

Another perk might be able to have the perk of the bonus arrows actually follow the lit required shots for that scenario.

What about instead of earning a add a ball only you can possibly earn the ability to use the lock bar button to light all bonus arrows on the playfield at the current bonus value for 10 seconds.

#9710 3 years ago

I believe it you set it in tournament mode ut caps at 20X multipliers so you can at least tone it down some.

#9711 3 years ago

Relative newbie question:
I changed out my slingshot rubbers for clear titan silicone.
It was an immediate improvement in gameplay as I no longer have to aggressively nudge to break the slingshot to slingshot to outlane cycle.
The problem is one of the slings is now occasionally self-activating, or after a legitimate trigger it keeps hammering for an additional few seconds before stopping.

Is that because the silicone is a tiny bit too tight? I’m assuming I need to stretch it a little bit, or slightly bend back the metal switches it activates.

As I’m writing this, I’m remembering that when I initially stretched it in place one of the metal switches was accidentally pinched outside the rubber, I probably bent it forward unintentionally.

#9712 3 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

It was an immediate improvement in gameplay as I no longer have to aggressively nudge to break the slingshot to slingshot to outlane cycle.
The problem is one of the slings is now occasionally self-activating, or after a legitimate trigger it keeps hammering for an additional few seconds before stopping.
Is that because the silicone is a tiny bit too tight? I’m assuming I need to stretch it a little bit, or slightly bend back the metal switches it activates.
As I’m writing this, I’m remembering that when I initially stretched it in place one of the metal switches was accidentally pinched outside the rubber, I probably bent it forward unintentionally.

I'm sure the issue has to do with the leaf switches that are behind the rubbers. They are too close, and maybe it is because of new rubbers, but all you need to do is widen the gap of those two leaf switches a bit, and that should take care of the problem.

#9713 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I'm sure the issue has to do with the leaf switches that are behind the rubbers. They are too close, and maybe it is because of new rubbers, but all you need to do is widen the gap of those two leaf switches a bit, and that should take care of the problem.

Or adjust your new rubber!
It’s too tight across post to post.
Give it a little slack!

#9714 3 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Occasionally you have to go up one size on slings with Titan rings.

#9715 3 years ago

I did a little bit of both, and the sling is much better now. Thanks!

#9716 3 years ago

I got an offer to trade my Game of Thrones Pro for Star Wars Pro? Should I go for it? Does Star Wars Pro have more to offer in gameplay? Thoughts?

#9717 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I got an offer to trade my Game of Thrones Pro for Star Wars Pro? Should I go for it? Does Star Wars Pro have more to offer in gameplay? Thoughts?

I think so!
Do a temp trade first see if your both happy!

#9718 3 years ago

Both excellent games with a ton of strategy. Do you feel like you have done everything you want to do in GOT? I'd do Star Wars personally, and I've owned both.

#9719 3 years ago

I find Star Wars to be much more interesting than GOT, especially for home use. The upgrade in screen alone will make you feel like it's a higher-level pin (IMO). Also, I have yet to find a pin where the "missions" are as easy to understand and gives you different things to shoot at as much as Star Wars as once you really learn the game, you can have a gameplan for how best to order and attack the missions.

Good luck in whatever you decide as GOT is great too (and only slightly less difficult...)

#9720 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Both excellent games with a ton of strategy. Do you feel like you have done everything you want to do in GOT? I'd do Star Wars personally, and I've owned both.

The only thing I want to do is get to Iron Throne playing as Greyjoy. Other than that I made it to victory laps playing as Targaryen. Just the other day I got to Iron Throne playing as Baratheon. It is a great game, but the shot variety is basic where Star Wars seems to have more going for it in the variety of shots and which inserts to hit.

#9721 3 years ago

The only thing I want to do is get to Iron Throne playing as Greyjoy. Other than that I made it to victory laps playing as Targaryen. Just the other day I got to Iron Throne playing as Baratheon. It is a great game, but the shot variety is basic where Star Wars seems to have more going for it in the variety of shots and which inserts to hit.

Yeah, you are done with it. Get Star Wars for sure. If you miss it, there will be plenty of opportunities to get it back. Lots out there.

#9722 3 years ago

I made some new art blades for this game. I wanted them to be a background the playfield toys like the deathstar, M Falcon, and added x wings, tie fighters and star destroyers. I will print them and install today and get some pics up when done.

STAR WARS ART BLADES PST (resized).jpgSTAR WARS ART BLADES PST (resized).jpg
#9723 3 years ago

That's a tough one..two of Dwight's best! You can't go wrong either way.

#9724 3 years ago

Installed last night! They definitely add to that space battle feel.

SW ab left (resized).jpgSW ab left (resized).jpgSW ab right (resized).jpgSW ab right (resized).jpg
#9725 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I made some new art blades for this game. I wanted them to be a background the playfield toys like the deathstar, M Falcon, and added x wings, tie fighters and star destroyers. I will print them and install today and get some pics up when done.
[quoted image]

These are excellent.

#9726 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

look really nice!! good work!, are they gonna be available for everyone?

#9727 3 years ago

Just had the coolest shot. I was in tie fighter multiball with two balls cradled on the left flipper. One flip sent one through the Death Star and one through the right orbit...my two hardest shots on the game...for two jackpots. Couldn't believe it...I don't think I will ever be able to repeat that one! Went on to defeat the Emperor. Was a good day.

#9728 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

look really nice!! good work!, are they gonna be available for everyone?

Thanks! Sure if anyone is interested. I bought a roll of material thinking I was going to start selling some artblades but they are kind of expensive to produce. The quality is excellent though. The are printed on a woven fabric material that has the reusable adhesive, and then laminated with a pretty stout scratch resistant and lightly textured laminate. Due to the paper backing on the fabric, once I laminate them I cannot roll them up very well as the art section becomes too rigid to stick to the backing when rolled, and this forces me to ship them flat which also costs more to package and ship. At that Im not talking about a crushing price difference and would charge $90 a pair shipped in the US. The great thing about that lam is that if you strike it with the playfield it wont rip the side art as well as it can totally handle a surface abrasion. The lam typically used for custom wallpapering and meant to be kid tough. If anyone is interested just pm me.

#9729 3 years ago

Ive forgotten how fast this game is....I havent played in over a month as I have acquired some new games. Ive been playing houdini last few days which is pretty weak flippers/and low pitch game. I then went to star wars. Holy shit. I couldnt handle it. I need to re acquaint myself with the speed of a ritchie game if I want to buy Led Zep....

#9730 3 years ago

Getting a post save really makes me feel like the force is with me. Down votes can only come from the dark side.

swle pst (resized).jpgswle pst (resized).jpg
#9731 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Getting a post save really makes me feel like the force is with me. Down votes can only come from the dark side.
[quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9732 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

Your game - your choice. To me you just installed a set of training wheels on a high performance racing bike. I hope Steve Ritchie doesn't see your post. He might quit pinball.

#9733 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

Funny, I dont have many bad drains down the middle on Star Wars. Were you getting a lot of them?

#9734 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

it's off to the right.

#9735 3 years ago

thats the pic angle or a k hair. Plays fine.

#9736 3 years ago

Aren't the flippers close enough?

#9737 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Aren't the flippers close enough?

Yes.

#9738 3 years ago

Just got a SW Pro for a crazy good deal from a new homeowner where the machine came with the home and they just didn't want it. I can't contain my excitement having this thing in my home. I am a complete newbie regarding pinball ownership but love tinkering and electronics so I feel like the maintenace and mods part will be something I really enjoy. I already fixed the double post as the two posts had become unthreaded a bit and were basically always up a little when activated. Cleaned the balls and glass, did a once over of the playfield above and below. The left tie fighter wing was broken in half and in the parts bag. Has anyone else had this happen and what were the circumstances that shattered the wing? Also, where are the round character and x-wing plastics supposed to go? I love the MF mod that I have seen others do to thier Pros. That will be my first project. Lastly, what is the MF flasher supposed to do when testing flashers. Is that a light output off a board that is available for future mods or should it be doing something from the factory?

#9739 3 years ago
Quoted from Pgorey:

Just got a SW Pro for a crazy good deal from a new homeowner where the machine came with the home and they just didn't want it. I can't contain my excitement having this thing in my home. I am a complete newbie regarding pinball ownership but love tinkering and electronics so I feel like the maintenace and mods part will be something I really enjoy. I already fixed the double post as the two posts had become unthreaded a bit and were basically always up a little when activated. Cleaned the balls and glass, did a once over of the playfield above and below. The left tie fighter wing was broken in half and in the parts bag. Has anyone else had this happen and what were the circumstances that shattered the wing? Also, where are the round character and x-wing plastics supposed to go? I love the MF mod that I have seen others do to thier Pros. That will be my first project. Lastly, what is the MF flasher supposed to do when testing flashers. Is that a light output off a board that is available for future mods or should it be doing something from the factory?

Flashers and coils will not operate with the coin door opened unless you pull on the white switch near the door hinge.

#9740 3 years ago

The round plastic thing is a keychain fob. Some machines don't have a coindoor cutout switch.

#9741 3 years ago
Quoted from Pgorey:

Congrats! I have heard of a few Tie Fighter wings breaking from a bad airball. If you can't glue this one back together to your satisfaction, you can probably get a new one from Stern or Marco (though it looks like Marco is out of stock). The plastics you are asking about are just fun little key fobs Stern usually includes.

#9742 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Flashers and coils will not operate with the coin door opened unless you pull on the white switch near the door hinge.

That doesn't seem to be the way this machine works - when I run through indivudual coils and flashers within the diagnostics, the coin door is wide open for me to operate the menu selections and the flashers and coils seem to work just fine. I just can't see anything happening when the M.F. flasher is activated in diagnostics.

#9743 3 years ago

Maybe it's because the pro doesn't have a mf to light. That's the only thing I can think of without being at my pin.

#9744 3 years ago
Quoted from Pgorey:

That doesn't seem to be the way this machine works - when I run through indivudual coils and flashers within the diagnostics, the coin door is wide open for me to operate the menu selections and the flashers and coils seem to work just fine. I just can't see anything happening when the M.F. flasher is activated in diagnostics.

Most games have that switch, but some of the newer Sterns do not. They did away with them for a little while and then brought them back. Not a surprise SW doesn't have one. Mine does not. I just checked, and my MF flasher also doesn't do anything. I am guessing it is for the premium/LE Falcon, but not sure (I have a pro). I wouldn't worry about it.

#9745 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Most games have that switch, but some of the newer Sterns do not. They did away with them for a little while and then brought them back. Not a surprise SW doesn't have one. Mine does not. I just checked, and my MF flasher also doesn't do anything. I am guessing it is for the premium/LE Falcon, but not sure (I have a pro). I wouldn't worry about it.

Thank you for the quick responses. I have just updated to 1.05. and also have the pro. Hoping to build a MF mod that flashes etc.
This is such a fun machine and I'm just starting to figure out the gameplay.

#9746 3 years ago
Quoted from Pgorey:

Thank you for the quick responses. I have just updated to 1.05. and also have the pro. Hoping to build a MF mod that flashes etc.
This is such a fun machine and I'm just starting to figure out the gameplay.

There is a dedicated connector for that flasher on the node board under the playfield. I just updated my pro with a premium MF from Stern. Plug and play and works in the pro code without issue. I have a couple of Premium MF shells-ship only, if you want to experiment with your own setup.

#9747 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

1. Co-op mode
#starwars

I agree with all your updates. I would also like to see the final of Blowing Up the Death Star as an option when starting, Mode Of Play, as it is on my Turtles Pinball for the final battle against Shredder. I dont know if I will ever see it otherwise!

20201216_102208 (resized).jpg20201216_102208 (resized).jpg
#9748 3 years ago

I've made mats for all my other games but I went ahead
and bought this for my comic pro with an Amazon gc
my son gave me for father's day. Ordered this 3 months ago
and the slow boat got here yesterday. I'm really digging it.
Just wanted to share.

2020_1215 (resized).jpg2020_1215 (resized).jpg2020_1215_04152100 (resized).jpg2020_1215_04152100 (resized).jpg2020_1215_04174700 (resized).jpg2020_1215_04174700 (resized).jpg
#9749 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Congrats! I have heard of a few Tie Fighter wings breaking from a bad airball. If you can't glue this one back together to your satisfaction, you can probably get a new one from Stern or Marco (though it looks like Marco is out of stock). The plastics you are asking about are just fun little key fobs Stern usually includes.

After playing a few rounds, I could definitely see an airball breaking the wings. I may just be an inexperienced player but I have had some epic airballs already! Jumped the ramp to the right of deathstar left and onto the outside loop twice.

#9750 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

There is a dedicated connector for that flasher on the node board under the playfield. I just updated my pro with a premium MF from Stern. Plug and play and works in the pro code without issue. I have a couple of Premium MF shells-ship only, if you want to experiment with your own setup.

Awesome! I figured there had to be a pre-made MF from Stern. I'll likely go that route for the first one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/195?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.