IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 301.
#9651 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

That’s exactly why I’d like to see them play it! Multiplier strategy and crazy scores!! Huge risk/reward in the genius code...

Deadflip has a few videos out there. Search on YouTube.

#9652 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

That’s exactly why I’d like to see them play it! Multiplier strategy and crazy scores!! Huge risk/reward in the genius code...

yah you'd think they would like it but they generally hate any game thats not rinse and repeat or high risk reward.

Star Wars is too random and makes you take your hands off the flippers....

Also having to hit the 3 bank often makes it too risky a play but ya gotta do it to score.... ball is out of control allot.

#9653 3 years ago

All of these reasons above are why I love the game. But I am also the exact opposite of a professional player, haha.

#9655 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

All of these reasons above are why I love the game. But I am also the exact opposite of a professional player, haha.

I love it too and Im a decent player... I just accept the fact its going to kick my ass once in a while.

Tourney guys want consistency and to keep the ball under control... good luck with that on Star Wars.

#9656 3 years ago

I get why tournament players don't like it and why it can be frustrating on location but all of those things are what make it such a great home game.

#9657 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Hello, is anyone here having "trouble" with leftside spinner blocking the left orbit shots?

Quoted from Magadovski:

Maybe i just need to improvisera my aiming Skills. [quoted image][quoted image]

The position of the spinner irks me as well... I believe that it was moved forward like that because that hyperloop gets in the way on the Premium/ LE. On the Pro it just hangs out there for no good reason.

I have a Game of Thrones Pro sitting next to my Star Wars Pro. It's loosely the same layout. But with the GoT, you can seriously rip that spinner! Very satisfying.

And yes, I have considered moving it back, but that would be real work...

, Bill

#9658 3 years ago

Quick questions - every now and then my machine won't boot. No big deal. What happens is the SD card gets slightly jostled out of position. A quick tap and it's back in business. I have my shaker set to "minimal."

Just curious if anybody else has this issue? And, would it be inappropriate to put a dab of black tape on it to secure it in the slot?

#9659 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Quick questions - every now and then my machine won't boot. No big deal. What happens is the SD card gets slightly jostled out of position. A quick tap and it's back in business. I have my shaker set to "minimal."
Just curious if anybody else has this issue? And, would it be inappropriate to put a dab of black tape on it to secure it in the slot?

I have shakers in all my games and all set to maximum and have never had the issue. If that kept happening to me, I'd check the tiny little prongs that put tension on the card. Remove the card and bend them in more to place more tension on card while it's in the slot.

#9660 3 years ago

Death Star exhaust port. We found a weakness

20201114_165849 (resized).jpg20201114_165849 (resized).jpg
#9661 3 years ago

This is on my playfield. Anyone know why? Donut?!?!

20201115_213457 (resized).jpg20201115_213457 (resized).jpg
#9662 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

This is on my playfield. Anyone know why? Donut?!?!

Thats the codename for the game. Think of Leias hair...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/record-of-stern-code-names-for-games

#9663 3 years ago

So... i'm going to sound like a broken record. I just purchased Klein's Inclinometer and realized #star-wars-stern-le was set to 6.1 degrees. Adjusted it ASAP to 6.5 as instructed on this thread.

Now, I am not frustrated about the hyperloop shot from both flippers! Yes!! My love for #star-wars-stern-le has returned.

Gonna try and see if I can get 3-4 balls into the hyperloop at once.

#9664 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So... i'm going to sound like a broken record. I just purchased Klein's Inclinometer and realized Star Wars (Premium/LE) was set to 6.1 degrees. Adjusted it ASAP to 6.5 as instructed on this thread.
Now, I am not frustrated about the hyperloop shot from both flippers! Yes!! My love for Star Wars (Premium/LE) has returned.
Gonna try and see if I can get 3-4 balls into the hyperloop at once.

In order to get more time to load balls, shoot the right ramp first. Backhand the right ramp and combo it into the hyperloop.

#9665 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In order to get more time to load balls, shoot the right ramp first. Backhand the right ramp and combo it into the hyperloop.

Good suggestion. Will do.

#9666 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Good suggestion. Will do.

Sure. Both yellow shots (left orbit and right ramp) add time to load the hyperloop when you start the multiball. I always backhand the right ramp before I try to load a ball in the loop.

#9667 3 years ago

I’m looking for a comic book premium if anybody is considering selling. Pm me if so. Thanks guys.

#9668 3 years ago

After troubleshooting some backwards matrix connectors, I finished my install of the missing worlds. I definitely like the addition.

IMG_20201118_221559_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20201118_221559_01 (resized).jpg

#9669 3 years ago

I'm curious if anyone has any chipping or pooling on their Star Wars? It doesn't seem to come up like it does for several other pins. I have a NIB coming whenever Stern can build me one. Thanks!

#9670 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I'm curious if anyone has any chipping or pooling on their Star Wars? It doesn't seem to come up like it does for several other pins. I have a NIB coming whenever Stern can build me one. Thanks!

The playfield is soft so you're going to get dimples but pooling / chipping isn't a problem.

#9671 3 years ago

I hate it when you are deep into a mini wizard mode and then a tie fighter or hyperspace hurry up starts and spoils the experience.

#9672 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I hate it when you are deep into a mini wizard mode and then a tie fighter or hyperspace hurry up starts and spoils the experience.

I do not mind that they stack in (in fact, I quite enjoy the rush of stacking them all sometimes), but one of my BIG wishlist items would be to change the A/V priority to keep them from "taking over" and minimizing the planet multiball. Tie fighter and/or hyperspace could easily be relegated to the mini-LCD screen and lighter background sounds and still be just as effective, allowing the main screen, sounds, and lightshow to concentrate on the mini-wizard. I would really love if additionally the "kill shot" to finish the mini-wizard would kill the flippers, let the balls all drain, and allow you to enjoy the end animation/celebration. It's a big deal, so make it an EVENT! Then the balls could relaunch into Victory Multiball while the pomp and circumstance is going on. Any stacked multiballs could easily just continue where they left off. Yes, it would interrupt the flow a bit, but it would be a super cool moment. Maybe have a setting for those that may not want that to happen.

After seeing the brilliant tweaking and clean-up that Dwight did on GoT, I still have my fingers crossed that he will swoop in and give the same love to SW when we least expect it.

#9673 3 years ago

Yeah, it's great that they can stack and helpful to finish the mode but I don't want to hear it.

It would be cool if they killed the flippers but at least you can just let go anyway.

#9674 3 years ago

You know - I uploaded my Ion Cannon to Thingiverse and forgot to post here on Pinside. If you have access to a 3D printer, you can create one of these for your PRO or PREMIUM/LE SW pin. Make sure you print out the right one for your machine.

This is pretty much the same as Ice World - part of the legacy Missing Worlds mod I stopped making some time ago.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4641644

IONCANNON3D (resized).jpgIONCANNON3D (resized).jpg
#9675 3 years ago

if/when the next code comes for SW, hope they add Co Op, feels like that would be perfect add for this pin!!
what do u guys think?

#9676 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

if/when the next code comes for SW, hope they add Co Op, feels like that would be perfect add for this pin!!
what do u guys think?

Jeez, that would be a dream come true. I think we all would love a co-op option (I know I would), I just can't believe Stern would give Dwight the time to do that. If there was a bunch of unsold SW Pros and Premiums just sitting around at distributors, maybe they'd to that in an effort to sell them.

#9677 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

If there was a bunch of unsold SW Pros and Premiums just sitting around at distributors, maybe they'd to that in an effort to sell them.

Seeing as how I have been waiting since August for my SW Pro...they can't build them fast enough.

#9678 3 years ago

I am in need of the right side cabinet decal. Can you please PM me if you have one? Thanks

Screenshot_20201120-191208_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201120-191208_eBay (resized).jpg
#9679 3 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

I am in need of the right side cabinet decal. Can you please PM me if you have one? Thanks

I do not have one, but this poses a question for all: Aside from Marco Specialities, anyone can recommend where to get Star Wars Decals?

I'm looking for Right Backbox side. Part number: 820-78J7-02

Suggestions welcomed! FYI, I bought my Star wars Premium on secondary market. Which distributor would you recommend I can contact to ask Stern on my behalf?

#9680 3 years ago

I have received several replacement decals from my distro for various different reasons. I would try whoever you normally get new pins from even if this one was purchased second hand. If you don't buy new pins, I'd recommend you just go one by one on the through the top distro's until you find one that will oblige.

#9681 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I have received several replacement decals from my distro for various different reasons. I would try whoever you normally get new pins from even if this one was purchased second hand. If you don't buy new pins, I'd recommend you just go one by one on the through the top distro's until you find one that will oblige.

Do you mind saying which distro? It could be helpful...

#9682 3 years ago

I have this problem, when balls go into the tatooine scoop they won't kickout. Mye guess is that the balls are magnetic?

#9683 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

You know - I uploaded my Ion Cannon to Thingiverse and forgot to post here on Pinside. If you have access to a 3D printer, you can create one of these for your PRO or PREMIUM/LE SW pin. Make sure you print out the right one for your machine.
This is pretty much the same as Ice World - part of the legacy Missing Worlds mod I stopped making some time ago.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4641644
[quoted image]

Great mods.

20200711_164201 (resized).jpg20200711_164201 (resized).jpg
#9684 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I have this problem, when balls go into the tatooine scoop they won't kickout. Mye guess is that the balls are magnetic?

No, your switch needs to be adjusted. Do they kick out on a ball search?

#9685 3 years ago

I made some custom slingshot plastics that match the rails on the LE. Looks sharp together. Im about to add a center post on my LE. Has anyone else done that?

playfeil (resized).jpgplayfeil (resized).jpgsw slings (resized).jpgsw slings (resized).jpg
#9686 3 years ago

A center post? As in the drain?

#9687 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I made some custom slingshot plastics that match the rails on the LE. Looks sharp together. Im about to add a center post on my LE. Has anyone else done that?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Out lanes are the biggest drain spots for me. The left is nasty. Are you going to drill a hole or try to make one like they have for ghostbusters?

#9688 3 years ago

Just drill a hole. I see center posts that thread into the pf but that seems like it could fail and stress the wood. Im just going to drill a hole and bolt one through. Ive always enjoyed games that had one. The games is so fast and open that I get some long ball stdm's. My ball times are pretty short and I think it would enhance game play. How much it depreciates my LE? or maybe it would be worth $2.95 more.

sof cp (resized).jpgsof cp (resized).jpg
#9689 3 years ago

I wouldn't buy a game with extra holes drilled in a ball travel area unless it was heavily discounted but I'm just one man.

Have you considered trying to mod one of those Ghostbusters floating posts? The EHoH I bought had one on it that I had removed. P.O. said it worked well but I removed it right away.

#9690 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Just drill a hole. I see center posts that thread into the pf but that seems like it could fail and stress the wood. Im just going to drill a hole and bolt one through. Ive always enjoyed games that had one. The games is so fast and open that I get some long ball stdm's. My ball times are pretty short and I think it would enhance game play. How much it depreciates my LE? or maybe it would be worth $2.95 more.
[quoted image]

The vast majority of folks will not want to buy a game with a hole drilled where it didn't belong. Of course it's your game, but I wouldn't do that.

Look up ghostbusters center post or Elvira as chalkey mentioned. It floats over the playfield and is reversible.

#9691 3 years ago

Anyone else having problems with the spotlights on the slingshots? Lamps falling out, bad contact?
I had to actually put glue on one of the flashers to have it stay in place. Still it's not working sometimes and I have to kind of juggle it to make it work again. Very annoying.

#9692 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im about to add a center post on my LE. Has anyone else done that?

Go for it. The more screwed-up LE's are out the more more mine is worth, relatively speaking. Excuse the sarcasm.

#9693 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

If you plan on keeping it forever, go for it, but I believe most Pinsiders wouldn’t want to buy a game permanently modified like that.

Nice custom sling plastics though.

#9694 3 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

Anyone else having problems with the spotlights on the slingshots? Lamps falling out, bad contact?
I had to actually put glue on one of the flashers to have it stay in place. Still it's not working sometimes and I have to kind of juggle it to make it work again. Very annoying.

Yep, it's an issue on some machines. This fix described in this thread does the trick: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights#post-4402506

#9695 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

I think Pinstein is just stirring the pot. No way a long time Pinsider would do this. Someone that knows and loves the game of pinball would never consider it.

#9696 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think Pinstein is just stirring the pot. No way a long time Pinsider would do this. Someone that knows and loves the game of pinball would never consider it.

Someone makes a plastic device (dont know who just had someone show me one) you can install to add a fake center post and remove it with no drilling etc.

I have no idea why someone would buy that but I guess demand is there since someone made it.

I think people put them on Ghostbusters because of the "wide flipper gap"/they suck at pinball lol

#9697 3 years ago

What most weaklings do is install the longer flippers.

#9698 3 years ago

I've had the Comic Premium version for almost a year now and the game keeps getting better and better. I have "fixed" the issue with the scoop draining so that it now always hits the left flipper on eject, which is awesome. Hoping to find a similar solution for the inner loop (Hoth/Death Star) shot. It is obviously not fun to hit the exact shot that is called for only to have it go SDTM. Bad shots getting punished is one thing, but quality shots getting punished is frustrating and this game would be a 10/10 if I can find a way to correct that.

I know this has been discussed throughout this thread, but does anyone have a "fix" that works to permanently correct this issue? Even when perfectly set up, it will still go SDTM at least 1 out of 6-7 times. I'd like it to be closer to 1 out of 20. It tends to drain SDTM more going from right to left (Hoth to Death Star) but can go SDTM either direction.

Any suggestions are appreciated and any photos of modifications are greatly appreciated!

#9699 3 years ago

It drains if you hit either shot of the inner loop? Speed plays a factor on hitting those shots, but try playing with the pitch and level a bit. Just a little tweak can change a lot.
There’s always nudging too

#9700 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

I've had the Comic Premium version for almost a year now and the game keeps getting better and better. I have "fixed" the issue with the scoop draining so that it now always hits the left flipper on eject, which is awesome. Hoping to find a similar solution for the inner loop (Hoth/Death Star) shot. It is obviously not fun to hit the exact shot that is called for only to have it go SDTM. Bad shots getting punished is one thing, but quality shots getting punished is frustrating and this game would be a 10/10 if I can find a way to correct that.
I know this has been discussed throughout this thread, but does anyone have a "fix" that works to permanently correct this issue? Even when perfectly set up, it will still go SDTM at least 1 out of 6-7 times. I'd like it to be closer to 1 out of 20. It tends to drain SDTM more going from right to left (Hoth to Death Star) but can go SDTM either direction.
Any suggestions are appreciated and any photos of modifications are greatly appreciated!

Adjust your rails. Not very hard to do, but it's one of those things you have to feel out yourself to see which direction and how far you need to go. Lots of info in this thread if you dig a bit. Even when adjusted perfectly you might still have a random drain from them, but you should be able to get it 99% good. Mine took a LOT of tweaking, but was well worth it in the end. It could be as simple as them not being tightened properly, they might have some tension on them deflecting the geometry a bit, or they may need to actually be bent a bit. Remember a little goes a long way. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.