IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 301.
#9601 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Joined the club today, finally! I bought light saber flipper bat toppers in 2018 because I couldn’t resist this theme. But the game always seemed too fast and short to me, like I couldn’t stay alive long enough to get a handle on the rules. I found a minty LE with R2 topper, and I’m going to give this game a good, long try. Any good ideas on how to approach the rules? Or are the paths very different depending on the character you choose?
[quoted image]

Post #6077 in this thread has a handy shot chart to help visualize what to do. I would definitely recommend starting with mode stacking off, pick one character to start with, and get used to the different missions they have. Since the game was designed with stacking on, I set mine to 5 balls to compensate for the slower progression.

I’ve had my SW for just over a year, play several times a week, and finally get the mode strategy well enough that I’ve started to stack modes again.

#9602 3 years ago
Quoted from Neverendz:

On my Star Wars Pro I would all too often be annoyed by almost hitting the Death Star loop and then having the ball bungling off of the wire gate.
So I moved it back to the rear hole. This moves it back about a half inch.
Now it's a nice smooth shot.
I'm sure others have done this, but I don't remember seeing a post on it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I went to move my gate tonight, and I notice it is different then yours. Do you have a comic art version?

20201103_202251 (resized).jpg20201103_202251 (resized).jpg
#9603 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I went to move my gate tonight, and I notice it is different then yours. Do you have a comic art version?
[quoted image]

Mine is comic art, but I assume the hardware is exactly the same. I removed both screws, gently and nervously pulled the wires up a little to get some slack, and repositioned the gate with only the 1 back screw secured into the previous forward screw position.

#9604 3 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Mine is comic art, but I assume the hardware is exactly the same. I removed both screws, gently and nervously pulled the wires up a little to get some slack, and repositioned the gate with only the 1 back screw secured into the previous forward screw position.

So are you saying you moved the gate forward?

#9605 3 years ago

The gate is moved back. The back part of the gate that has the screw hole will be tucked underneath the plastic, the front part of the gate will be screwed into the org rear hole. The front screw will be put back in but will be holding down nothing.

#9606 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So are you saying you moved the gate forward?

It’s all relative. I moved it deeper into the machine, so it is further into the Death Star channel .

#9607 3 years ago

Maybe you've got a solution for me. I tried to alter some of the videos of the SE1.05-Firmware with Pinball Browser. My workflow was: export the original video from PB, then alter that video with After Effects, convert it with Handbrake into MP4, then import the modified video into PB and flash the SD. While modified graphics work like a charm, the videos didn't change at all. I matched the duration, resolution, framerate etc. I don't know how to continue, maybe you could help me out. Thanks in advance, Christian

#9608 3 years ago

wolffcub

I received my baffle kit yesterday and got it installed today. Install went great and I really like how it works. Great price too in my opinion. It was 90% super easy to install. The only part that took a tad longer was the death star and hoth parts since they are on the same light board. You have to get them both staged then re-install the board, but still very doable without taking everything apart. I didn't remove any connectors at all. Just unscrew the light boards, insert the baffles then re-install. Thanks!

#9609 3 years ago

Put a deposit in on a SW Prem last month, was told to expect it in stock Jan./Feb.-- anyone else here waiting for their unit to come in?

#9610 3 years ago
Quoted from SpectreJ:

Put a deposit in on a SW Prem last month, was told to expect it in stock Jan./Feb.-- anyone else here waiting for their unit to come in?

Paid for my SW Pro in full back in August...no idea when it's coming in.

#9611 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Paid for my SW Pro in full back in August...no idea when it's coming in.

They make you pay in full for an in production game?

That doesn't seem right.

Stern is short shipping all distrib orders at this point.

#9612 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

They make you pay in full for an in production game?
That doesn't seem right.
Stern is short shipping all distrib orders at this point.

I opted to pay my distributor in full.

#9613 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XWsYD9tzBFnJdJxbA
I made these last year (SEE THE ABOVE SHARED LINK), unfortunately, my computer got rebuilt and I lost the source files but still have the vids, one day I may rebuild them. If you use pinball browser, it's fairly simple to make the video and audio edits with a vid editor and sync the timings, audio and resolutions using Handbrake. I'm not looking to distribute anything or do any projects right now for anyone, I have too much on my plate, just show what can be done with a little time and effort. I went from knowing nothing about PB Browser, to making these in about a weekend. I replaced all but 1 yoda and redid the luke and leia ball saves with custom graphics
I did manage to find the sound and video locations though for version 1.05
JUst a couple tips to get you started: (there's entire threads on using and editing with PB Browser too much to cover here)
The trick is editing your videos to match the time durations of the original videos exactly and then editing the sound to blend fluidly during those cuts. You can use panning and zooming tricks to focus on different parts of a movie scene. Once all that is done, compile the vid, produce video and audio files of your work then use Handbrake to output the correct resolution format, and upload the new video and audio to the new locations.
[quoted image]

Anyone currently working on doing this again?

#9614 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Why? Just get fooflighter to make an image of his SD card.

#9615 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I would also be interested in this version if anyone has it around. Is it posted anywhere?

#9616 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I would also be interested in this version if anyone has it around. Is it posted anywhere?

Doubtful given the size of the image.

#9617 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well I guess that is potentially an option. I need to figure out how to extract my custom John williams soundtrack from my sd card get the new video and audio files merged into my sd card, gets a little complicated.

#9618 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Stern should do it. It looks great and so much better than a bunch of Yoda.

#9619 3 years ago

Got bored

94D9E218-343D-4B1E-81D5-392F5885807E (resized).jpeg94D9E218-343D-4B1E-81D5-392F5885807E (resized).jpegCF36EB14-CD68-4626-8B46-7B0781CC6B0A (resized).jpegCF36EB14-CD68-4626-8B46-7B0781CC6B0A (resized).jpeg
#9620 3 years ago

I am going to say that Fooflighter helped me get rid of Yoda and customized the bonus count videos a while ago. The game is so much more entertaining and I don't miss Yoda at all. A big thanks to Fooflighter!

#9621 3 years ago

Hey all..I had a computer crash and reload and reverted my SW Prem to a default version while I was in the process of editing...bad timing, but I did find the final image in a backup I had and successfully burned it to an SD card and tested it back in my SW premium...so I'm back to my final edited SD image file

I will make it available as a shared Google Drive Image file here soon for those that want it.

Unfortunately, I don't have the raw files I used to compile the finished product so if you wan't to change the image files back to the defaults, you'll either have to save your old SD card, which I recommend, or use Pinball browser to get the files back.

I only have the Premium Image also so as of right now don't have the Pro.

I will try to extract the Premium Location files from my image and reinsert them into the Pro SD Image and then offer the Pro version here also.

I have no way to test the Pro version , so will require some people to send me feedback if it works or not (shouldn't be an issue - but the locations may be different so may take some time for me to locate)

Anyways, give me a week - and I will repost back here.

Here's what is different in what will be on my files for download

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yU2boWEzHXygV9gC3Fq7-SDgICAbRjEW?usp=sharing

#9622 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Hey all..I had a computer crash and reload and reverted my SW Prem to a default version while I was in the process of editing...bad timing, but I did find the final image in a backup I had and successfully burned it to an SD card and tested it back in my SW premium...so I'm back to my final edited SD image file
I will make it available as a shared Google Drive Image file here soon for those that want it.
Unfortunately, I don't have the raw files I used to compile the finished product so if you wan't to change the image files back to the defaults, you'll either have to save your old SD card, which I recommend, or use Pinball browser to get the files back.
I only have the Premium Image also so as of right now don't have the Pro.
I will try to extract the Premium Location files from my image and reinsert them into the Pro SD Image and then offer the Pro version here also.
I have no way to test the Pro version , so will require some people to send me feedback if it works or not (shouldn't be an issue - but the locations may be different so may take some time for me to locate)
Anyways, give me a week - and I will repost back here.
Here's what is different in what will be on my files for download
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yU2boWEzHXygV9gC3Fq7-SDgICAbRjEW?usp=sharing

This is fantastic.

Any way to work this in so when it goes into attract mode this can play ?

#9623 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

This is fantastic.
Any way to work this in so when it goes into attract mode this can play ?

No promises, I can see though

#9624 3 years ago

Me too... sort of... LOL... I am really liking this game.... This weekend's agenda? Add lenticular apron cards, The Millenium Falcon from the Premium, and a shaker..... So far so good. Can't believe how fast and fun this game is.

#9625 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Got bored
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll buy a set right now!

#9626 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

I'll buy a set right now!

Easy Tiger... im making one for the right ramp shot also. It will be done tomorrow and i will post pics of the set.

#9627 3 years ago

I have a millennium falcon I bought from lermod,led version for 85.00 shipped USA .

4A18697B-458D-4D71-98B3-A4F59D2BD715 (resized).jpeg4A18697B-458D-4D71-98B3-A4F59D2BD715 (resized).jpeg96057A91-5659-4912-83A0-C3C43289A440 (resized).jpeg96057A91-5659-4912-83A0-C3C43289A440 (resized).jpeg

#9628 3 years ago

OK I got the cheese grater installed. I will post the kit on the market page soon. It will contain the 3 parts laser cut from 20ga stainless Steel.

IMG_1798 (resized).JPGIMG_1798 (resized).JPGIMG_1796 (resized).JPGIMG_1796 (resized).JPGIMG_1795 (resized).JPGIMG_1795 (resized).JPGIMG_1793 (resized).JPGIMG_1793 (resized).JPG
#9629 3 years ago

Work in progress. Thermal exhaust (death star weak point). Need to mess with the size and paint. Going to add frosted backing and red LED under. "Its not impossible... I used to shoot womp rats in my t-16back home, they're not much bigger than two meters "

16048999789367570658714197655781 (resized).jpg16048999789367570658714197655781 (resized).jpg
#9630 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Work in progress. Thermal exhaust (death star weak point). Need to mess with the size and paint. Going to add frosted backing and red LED under. "Its not impossible... I used to shoot womp rats in my t-16back home, they're not much bigger than two meters "
[quoted image]

That’s cool. I’m making one for the right side to replace the cost per play card. I’m doing a Vader chest panel that’s illuminated.

#9631 3 years ago

My lermod falcon is sold,I just made my own because I wanted to see the drop targets and just thought it was to large
This one is Just right for me

6D143840-12AB-461F-9AA1-9B4DD65B9CC9 (resized).jpeg6D143840-12AB-461F-9AA1-9B4DD65B9CC9 (resized).jpeg

#9632 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

My lermod falcon is sold,I just made my own because I wanted to see the drop targets and just thought it was to large
This one is Just right for me
[quoted image]

Don't let the falcon crash into the left ramp!

#9633 3 years ago

Just exchanged my Prem Translite to the Pro one, thats def. a huge diffrence! Like it much more!

#9634 3 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

Just exchanged my Prem Translite to the Pro one, thats def. a huge diffrence! Like it much more!

Original or comic ?

#9635 3 years ago
Quoted from seiman:

Just exchanged my Prem Translite to the Pro one

I've had a Pro on my Prem for a long time (original version). I like the "heroes" version better.

#9636 3 years ago

Hello, is anyone here having "trouble" with leftside spinner blocking the left orbit shots?

#9637 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Hello, is anyone here having "trouble" with leftside spinner blocking the left orbit shots?

Post a photo of your spinner.

#9638 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Post a photo of your spinner.

Maybe i just need to improvisera my aiming Skills.

116DD0DD-B216-4D0C-92A4-CDD05015C47A (resized).jpeg116DD0DD-B216-4D0C-92A4-CDD05015C47A (resized).jpeg6F31D336-06E9-48DA-8527-F3B1C8F604EE (resized).jpeg6F31D336-06E9-48DA-8527-F3B1C8F604EE (resized).jpeg
#9639 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Maybe i just need to improvisera my aiming Skills. [quoted image][quoted image]

Assuming your spinner spins freely, yes you do!

#9640 3 years ago

Am I correct in thinking that Star Wars DOES NOT have the feature where you can hold Start+Left Flipper to end a game? My other machines (BM66, TMNT, GB) all seem to have, which is super helpful when someone (usually little ones) start a game but do not finish.

#9641 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Am I correct in thinking that Star Wars DOES NOT have the feature where you can hold Start+Left Flipper to end a game? My other machines (BM66, TMNT, GB) all seem to have, which is super helpful when someone (usually little ones) start a game but do not finish.

It does not. If it gets a code update, they would add it, but it doesn't seem like any updates are on the radar.

#9642 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It does not. If it gets a code update, they would add it, but it doesn't seem like any updates are on the radar.

got it, thank you for the quick reply / confirmation!

#9643 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Maybe i just need to improvisera my aiming Skills.

I have the same problem as you, sometimes it gets trapped on the spinner, maybe something binding. Truth is that i haven't bothered looking into it, still enjoying the game to much!

#9644 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I have the same problem as you, sometimes it gets trapped on the spinner, maybe something binding. Truth is that i haven't bothered looking into it, still enjoying the game to much!

Is the floating right arm of the spinner bracket low enough for the ball to strike?

#9645 3 years ago
Quoted from Neverendz:

On my Star Wars Pro I would all too often be annoyed by almost hitting the Death Star loop and then having the ball bungling off of the wire gate.
So I moved it back to the rear hole. This moves it back about a half inch.
Now it's a nice smooth shot.
I'm sure others have done this, but I don't remember seeing a post on it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just made this adjustment to my SWPro, not comic edition. This was a great suggested change, and less than 5 minutes to make and test. Thanks for posting.

Shots, especially from the right flipper, go through more often and more smoothly.

I will be interested to see if this gate moves much with only one attachment screw rather than two.

#9646 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Yes It feels sometime you aim perfect but the shot bounce back by the spinner or its frame, I wish the spinner had been located further up in the orbit. but maybe a new "spinner frame" that raise the spinner will do the trick.

#9647 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Yes It feels sometime you aim perfect but the shot bounce back by the spinner or its frame, I wish the spinner had been located further up in the orbit. but maybe a new "spinner frame" that raise the spinner will do the trick.

Any orbit shot you should aim basically at the ball guide.

Also, that spinner is easily backhandable, which is a much safer shot.

#9648 3 years ago

Is there video of any high ranked players on this game? Tutorials or competition.

#9649 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is there video of any high ranked players on this game? Tutorials or competition.

There were some videos online... I dont know about high ranked players though.

This is a game most tourney type players dont like because the scoring is so crazy with the multipliers and the hammer the lock down bar thing.

#9650 3 years ago

That’s exactly why I’d like to see them play it! Multiplier strategy and crazy scores!! Huge risk/reward in the genius code...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/193?hl=joncrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.