IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 301.
#9502 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

The baffle kit revisions have been made and fitment has been confirmed from other machine models. The baffles are now made with both mounting holes styles so the kit is good for any machine model.

Cool, let me know when you plan to sell the files so I can print them myself.

#9503 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

What is this baffle kit you speak of? I have a pro model. Would it work on mine ?

Yes it will work with your Pro.

#9504 3 years ago

Leaving the club but still a fan. Peace out.

#9505 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Leaving the club but still a fan. Peace out.

I did that once. But then I came back, LOL. Biggest selling regret I have had, and I've had a few. It's always tough to let go of a game you still enjoy (at least it is for me), but thankfully in this hobby they can always be bought back if there is too much regret. In my case I even got back the exact same machine. Hope you are trading to something else fun!

#9506 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Yes it will work with your Pro.

Does this baffle kit work with the LE?

#9507 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Does this baffle kit work with the LE?

As far as I have been told yes they do. The kit now has multiple holes in it to work with the 2 different led boards that have been used. If you can lift your playfield and snap a pic of one of the world led boards that would still be great. I have a pro and my holes are 1 1/16" apart. Another pinsider confirmed his led boards were 3 1/2" apart.

Wonder why the boards would be different on some models, I thought that part of the games would all be the same.

#9508 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

As far as I have been told yes they do. The kit now has multiple holes in it to work with the 2 different led boards that have been used. If you can lift your playfield and snap a pic of one of the world led boards that would still be great. I have a pro and my holes are 1 1/16" apart. Another pinsider confirmed his led boards were 3 1/2" apart.
Wonder why the boards would be different on some models, I thought that part of the games would all be the same.

Hi, did my order make it through? It said a PayPal invoice comes after. Thanks!

#9509 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Hi, did my order make it through? It said a PayPal invoice comes after. Thanks!

Yes it did.

#9510 3 years ago

Who is using that air ball shield? does it work well?

#9511 3 years ago

Awesome thank you.

#9512 3 years ago

This is written partly with the help of google translate. English is a second language.
I've been lying on my back under this game countless times screwing on the leg screws. all to find the right slope. I have read a lot in this thread to find clues to how to best solve, among other things, the problem with the inner loop sending the balls straight down the middle. This week I'm lying there again and now I was aiming to get 6.5 roughly in the middle of the playfield. I think I've finally found the right slope. Or I just got a little better at playing all of a sudden. One thing I have a hard time understanding. Why do I get different gradients depending on where I measure? high up and far down on the playing field can differ several tenths. And where should I get 6.5?

#9513 3 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

This is written partly with the help of google translate. English is a second language.
I've been lying on my back under this game countless times screwing on the leg screws. all to find the right slope. I have read a lot in this thread to find clues to how to best solve, among other things, the problem with the inner loop sending the balls straight down the middle. This week I'm lying there again and now I was aiming to get 6.5 roughly in the middle of the playfield. I think I've finally found the right slope. Or I just got a little better at playing all of a sudden. One thing I have a hard time understanding. Why do I get different gradients depending on where I measure? high up and far down on the playing field can differ several tenths. And where should I get 6.5?

You will always get slightly different readings in different places around the playfield. I try to average it out, but for slope go mostly by the middle of the playfield. For level (left and right) I do the same, but mostly concentrate on the area closest to the flippers. While there will be some difference, it should be very minor and not make a huge change in play. Slight warp in the wood, slightly uneven clearcoat, and slightly raised inserts can all contribute to the difference you are seeing, but unless it's a huge difference, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

After leveling and getting the slope right, you still might have to adjust the lane guides on the loop and the orbits, and also the Tatooine scoop. Make sure the guides are tightened down well too...mine were a bit loose from the factory making the shots inconsistent. Also make sure none of the targets are leaning far enough to interfere with the ball travel, and check the roll-under switch gate at the Death Star entrance and the left spinner to make sure they are not affecting the ball. My machine needed a TON of tweaking, most of any game I have had other than Avengers. It's worth it though...once it's dialed in it is a super fun machine and it has needed very little additional tweaking once it was done. Good luck!

#9514 3 years ago

my game had a lot of silly drains from the horse shoe, i gave in, levelled the playfield from side to side, now it's perfect. stay on target, you will find it eventually!

#9515 3 years ago

From one game to another, the horse shoe is bend differently, not perfect sometimes and that make the stdm shot. You can try to bend it or in my case i install a small diverter but that way the ball go from the left horse shoe entrance to the left flipper. Because the speed of the ball, the slope and balance will not change anything.

#9516 3 years ago

Adding a 2 second ball save from the scoop isn’t a bad idea either...

#9517 3 years ago

I finally got around to getting a digital level and put it on our Star Wars. The game was honestly frustrating me. The way it was setup when I got it the playfield bubble was right near the top line. This is where it is when I used the digital level to get the game to 6.55-6.6 or so. Proves to me the bubble isn't always accurate.

20201017_100938.jpg20201017_100938.jpg
#9518 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

After leveling and getting the slope right, you still might have to adjust the lane guides on the loop and the orbits, and also the Tatooine scoop. Make sure the guides are tightened down well too...mine were a bit loose from the factory making the shots inconsistent. Also make sure none of the targets are leaning far enough to interfere with the ball travel, and check the roll-under switch gate at the Death Star entrance and the left spinner to make sure they are not affecting the ball. My machine needed a TON of tweaking, most of any game I have had other than Avengers. It's worth it though...once it's dialed in it is a super fun machine and it has needed very little additional tweaking once it was done. Good luck!

Thank you!
I'm not a collector of pinball machines. This is my fourth so far. I have done some work on my previous machines but the teardown needed to get the guides out of the machine scares me. SW is by far the most expensive inventory we have in our home. And what should I do when i get them out? To me it seems as if the "problem" is not at the exit. And here my english vocabulary might not be enough but I would think that the curve before the exit is too deep so to speak... What if I bend them and get it wrong. What if they don't fit after I have bent them. What if it is the holes that are not drilled in the right place... The latter is actually my theory why the sdtm thing is happening.
But thanks a lot for a really good response. Please let me know if you ever do a tutorial with pictures

#9519 3 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

Thank you!
I'm not a collector of pinball machines. This is my fourth so far. I have done some work on my previous machines but the teardown needed to get the guides out of the machine scares me. SW is by far the most expensive inventory we have in our home. And what should I do when i get them out? To me it seems as if the "problem" is not at the exit. And here my english vocabulary might not be enough but I would think that the curve before the exit is too deep so to speak... What if I bend them and get it wrong. What if they don't fit after I have bent them. What if it is the holes that are not drilled in the right place... The latter is actually my theory why the sdtm thing is happening.
But thanks a lot for a really good response. Please let me know if you ever do a tutorial with pictures

No problem. Just remember that very small changes make a big difference. If you are bending anything so far you can't get it back in place, it's WAY too much. You likely do not need to remove the guide. Just loosen the mounting points, then push on the rails a little bit in the direction you want to change as you tighten them back up. In one case I found that from the factory my rail was tightened down with some tension that deformed them a bit. Once I loosened the nuts, the rail "sprung back" into shape, then all I had to do was tighten them back down. A little bit will do...a 1 mm in either direction is probably all you need! Good luck!

#9520 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Thanks! I found this and it was already all the way down. I even trimmed the rubber to let it come down further, but I still trap the ball. Any other thoughts?

I had the same problem. The stopper somehow attaches to a spring. Mine eventually shot out of the hole. All you need to do is get something to push it down hard (like a small piece of wood) back down below the rails. It is not very sophisticated but it works. It is a little bit of a pain to find something like a small piece of wood that will allow you to push it down without hitting the rails, but it will stay put once you do.

#9521 3 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

I had the same problem. The stopper somehow attaches to a spring. Mine eventually shot out of the hole. All you need to do is get something to push it down hard (like a small piece of wood) back down below the rails. It is not very sophisticated but it works. It is a little bit of a pain to find something like a small piece of wood that will allow you to push it down without hitting the rails, but it will stay put once you do.

Thanks for the reply. You were exactly right. Stern sent me a new plunger assembly and replaced the stopper as well. When I got the old assembly out, I fixed it so now I have a spare.

#9522 3 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

From one game to another, the horse shoe is bend differently, not perfect sometimes and that make the stdm shot. You can try to bend it or in my case i install a small diverter but that way the ball go from the left horse shoe entrance to the left flipper. Because the speed of the ball, the slope and balance will not change anything.

Can you show a pic of the diverter?

#9523 3 years ago

In the middle of a game on my premium, see this falling down the playfield. Any ideas where it goes? Couldn't figure it out in my initial sweep. About half inch black Phillips...

NVM... Found it, backside of the tie fighter

PXL_20201020_011919400 (resized).jpgPXL_20201020_011919400 (resized).jpg

#9524 3 years ago

I noticed Pinball Life sells just the tie fighter wings so I got one as a spare. I've never had one break, but it seems like I've heard others saying they had to buy the entire ship in the past when one of the wings broke

#9525 3 years ago

Looking for side blades pro/prem/le edition.

Cheers

#9526 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Can you show a pic of the diverter?

It is a thick transparent tape, gorilla style. It work very well.

IMG_6351 (resized).JPGIMG_6351 (resized).JPG
#9527 3 years ago

I am looking to pick up a comic pro this weekend which has the R2D2 topper. I'd like to offset the cost of the game by selling the topper. Does anyone know what they sell for on the open market and is there a demand for them? Looks like they retail for $700?

#9528 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I am looking to pick up a comic pro this weekend which has the R2D2 topper. I'd like to offset the cost of the game by selling the topper. Does anyone know what they sell for on the open market and is there a demand for them? Looks like they retail for $700?

I think they're still available new at a few places so IDK maybe $100 off the retail of $749 if you can ship it safely or maybe sell it locally. Or you can sit on it until all the new ones are gone and get closer to retail or a little more for it.

#9529 3 years ago

Well if anyone is interested, lmk. Depends how much I can get for the topper whether I purchase the game or not.

#9530 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Well if anyone is interested, lmk. Depends how much I can get for the topper whether I purchase the game or not.

Your going to spend thousands on the game but it depends how many hundreds you can get for a topper??? Whatever

#9531 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Your going to spend thousands on the game but it depends how many hundreds you can get for a topper??? Whatever

Well if I can sell it for 500-700...yes that is a significant discount on the game.

#9532 3 years ago

I believe the topper retail for 750.00,since there are some still out there I would believe 550.00. And it would sell

#9533 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I don't understand this comment. The guy has a price-point he's targeted to pull the trigger on the game and the price he can sell the topper for puts him over or under that threshold.

I have ~5 games that I'm actively shopping for, but I'm not desperate to buy any of them. So, I evaluate their price, including if they need to be shipped or not (extra cost). I have a price threshold on each game (depending on condition and interesting extras), and that determines if/when I pull the trigger on something. People all the time are passing on games that require shipping that they would have bought if it was local. This guy is doing the same thing. Not sure why you're busting his balls...unless you just buy games without even asking how much they cost.

#9535 3 years ago

Find the extra dosh and keep the topper! I just installed mine and its silly how a badly made over priced thing like this makes me smile constantly!

#9536 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Quoted from JonCrox:

Find the extra dosh and keep the topper! I just installed mine and its silly how a badly made over priced thing like this makes me smile constantly!

I have the topper on my Comic Pro and I have to agree. If at all possible, figure out a way to budget in the extra $$

The topper is wonderful.

But I get it. It’s a lot of money. Good luck.

#9537 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

I have the topper on my Comic Pro and I have to agree. If at all possible, figure out a way to budget in the extra $$
The topper is wonderful.
But I get it. It’s a lot of money. Good luck.

I couldn’t agree more I also have a comic Pro and the topper is a fun addition for sure, overpriced it is! Out of all of my games this is the one that everybody gravitates to you can say what you want empty playfield etc. but the theme resonates with everyone especially casual players like we have over all the time and it’s the first pin that everybody steps up to out of a lineup of: WoZ, MMRLE and IMDN.

#9538 3 years ago

I like the topper, but does anyone feel it’s a little out of place on a Comic Premium? It’s all dark side from every angle, and then there’s good guy R2 right above Vader. I’m probably just overthinking it.

#9539 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

I like the topper, but does anyone feel it’s a little out of place on a Comic Premium? It’s all dark side from every angle, and then there’s good guy R2 right above Vader. I’m probably just overthinking it.

I agree. It seems out of place with that art package.

#9540 3 years ago

If someone likes these cards, and would be willing to take a few pictures of them installed on their comic book edition in exchange for a free set, please let me know.

Left Comic Watermarked (resized).jpgLeft Comic Watermarked (resized).jpg
Right Comic Watermarked (resized).jpgRight Comic Watermarked (resized).jpg

#9541 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If someone likes these cards, and would be willing to take a few pictures of them installed on their comic book edition in exchange for a free set, please let me know.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yeah, I got you.

#9542 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Yeah, I got you.

Cool, PM me your snail mail and I will get them sent out to you... Thanks!

#9543 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Keep the topper it makes the game !

531922A4-241E-49CA-97BB-B3EA38822977 (resized).jpeg531922A4-241E-49CA-97BB-B3EA38822977 (resized).jpegF9804C58-3F9D-440B-8EE5-D5C1C4046B92 (resized).jpegF9804C58-3F9D-440B-8EE5-D5C1C4046B92 (resized).jpeg
#9544 3 years ago

Comic Pro art with the matching art blades might be the most beautiful game I’ve ever seen.

#9545 3 years ago

And you have it next to a Mustang Boss too. Dear lord, freddy if you ever decide to sell it PM me. Been looking for one for a long, long, time.

*edit* just saw your avatar, which means you’re probably never selling it, haha, understood

#9546 3 years ago

Wanted: HUO SW Premium (Original Art Package) Near Minneapolis

Hoping to find one of these within a reasonable driving distance of Minneapolis, but I will happily pay to ship from more distant places for the right deal. I will consider routed examples, too, if the price is right.

Thanks!

#9547 3 years ago

So, I’m doing it. Atleast I will try. But, is there a rubber missing on the post behind the guide?

255AE26F-B6E8-46CD-B5B7-F894FDFA95B5 (resized).jpeg255AE26F-B6E8-46CD-B5B7-F894FDFA95B5 (resized).jpeg
#9548 3 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

is there a rubber missing on the post behind the guide?

No, there's no rubber missing on that post, as that's not a location the ball would ever get to, so Stern left off the rubber on purpose. If my memory serves me correctly, that post is simply used as a stand-off for mounting a plastic.

#9549 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Keep the topper it makes the game ![quoted image][quoted image]

I agree with Freddy. You be foolish to sell the topper it definitely makes the game!

#9550 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

And you have it next to a Mustang Boss too. Dear lord, freddy if you ever decide to sell it PM me. Been looking for one for a long, long, time.
*edit* just saw your avatar, which means you’re probably never selling it, haha, understood

Freddy don't sell to evileye. He is a game and mod hoarder!!! Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/191?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.