IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 301.
#9451 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Has anybody tried trough lighting? If so, what color did you go with?
I really like it on my Munsters Pro. Thinking about putting it on my SW as well.

I went with green. It looks really cool and fits the rest of the colors on the PF. I’ll take pics and post them soon.

#9452 3 years ago

Man this thread has exploded with activity recently making the wait for my SW Pro that much harder!

#9453 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

I really like it on my Munsters Pro. Thinking about putting it on my SW as well.

I went with red on the Premium to match the sith vibe. I would get blue on a pro.

20201003_154434 (resized).jpg20201003_154434 (resized).jpg
#9454 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I had the same thing on the node board test... Freaked me out. Then I realized you have to push in the coin door switch to enable high voltage for those to test right. I guess I need more new pinball machines so I would have known this...

So Stern has gone back to installing the coin door switch on SW from the factory? They stopped using them for a while and went back to it because it is actually pretty useful. I wasn't sure if the SW software had the support for the switch in it. Now that I know, I might have to try to get a switch from Stern.

#9455 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So Stern has gone back to installing the coin door switch on SW from the factory? They stopped using them for a while and went back to it because it is actually pretty useful. I wasn't sure if the SW software had the support for the switch in it. Now that I know, I might have to try to get a switch from Stern.

Can we do that? Install the switch ?

#9456 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Here’s a pic of the green trough light.

987EB46C-9B7A-4D2B-9D21-5A00EC40C67B (resized).jpeg987EB46C-9B7A-4D2B-9D21-5A00EC40C67B (resized).jpeg
#9457 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Here’s a pic of the green trough light. [quoted image]

I love the green light.

Who sells these?

#9458 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love the green light.
Who sells these?

Mezelmods. Lermods. Take your pick

#9459 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Here’s a pic of the green trough light. [quoted image]

Nice!

Does it affect the spinner? I know on my Munsters Pro it turns the spinner a green color...and it’s in roughly the same place as it is on SW.

#9460 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Nice!
Does it affect the spinner? I know on my Munsters Pro it turns the spinner a green color...and it’s in roughly the same place as it is on SW.

Not that I noticed.

#9461 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Here's what is on my Comic ... Same as on my TWD

PXL_20201005_134235846 (resized).jpgPXL_20201005_134235846 (resized).jpg
#9462 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I went with red on the Premium to match the sith vibe. I would get blue on a pro.
[quoted image]

I used red on mine as well. I connected it to the red GI on the playfield so it turns on and off with the modes (light saber duel, escape Boba Fett, etc). It evens out the red-blue near the flippers too.

#9463 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Can we do that? Install the switch ?

Quoted from setzkor:

Here's what is on my Comic ... Same as on my TWD[quoted image]

Apparently so. Now we just need to look into getting the harness. Maybe PBL or Marco will like to carry it?

Edit: It looks fairly simple. The Avengers IQ manual shows two extra wires for the switch on CN4 of the power distribution board in the backbox (highlighted below). So it could be done with a switch, bracket, wiring, heat shrink and a couple of pins.

Interlock (resized).pngInterlock (resized).png
#9464 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Mezelmods. Lermods. Take your pick

Comet sell them for only 7$ I just installed 10 of them on my machines.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/outhole-lighting-kit

#9465 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

37C9239D-16C8-49E9-A32C-5F03B0A67D3F (resized).jpeg37C9239D-16C8-49E9-A32C-5F03B0A67D3F (resized).jpegB444BF69-6D66-45EA-B3F9-E64131C60296 (resized).jpegB444BF69-6D66-45EA-B3F9-E64131C60296 (resized).jpegDC117576-4825-40A5-A377-3BC9F3ED022A (resized).jpegDC117576-4825-40A5-A377-3BC9F3ED022A (resized).jpeg
#9466 3 years ago

Just joined the club! Got an LE.

SW is one of those games that I HATED when I first played it. Just didn’t get it.

A little while ago a friend and I decided to hunker down at a barcade and play it until we figured it out, and it eventually clicked. Great game.

#9467 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

SW is one of those games that I HATED when I first played it. Just didn’t get it.
A little while ago a friend and I decided to hunker down at a barcade and play it until we figured it out, and it eventually clicked. Great game.

Welcome to the club, and may the force be with you.

#9468 3 years ago

Ignore this - I figured it out...

Hello friends.

Could somebody please do me a favor and take some pics of the area directly behind the mini LCD? I took mine off to replace a faulty HDMI cable, and for the life of me I can't get the clear plastic on correctly. I'm probably just overlooking something simple.

Thanks!!!

#9469 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

yah I think this is one of those games that over time will find its audience... like Iron Man which took a few years to get popular.

Its harder to play and learn so walk up and play friendly it aint...

anyone not taking the time to learn whats going on wont like it based on a few plays of slapping the ball around, game will eat your lunch.

#9470 3 years ago

Have a stupid request - anyone have a link to a video showing the Pro playfield with the black posts being pulled up and then locked into place for servicing underneath?

I've pulled apart all kinds of pins through the years but haven't done it to a newer Stern and their setup makes me nervous.

Thanks!

#9471 3 years ago

So I’ve been searching for side armor for my pro. I can’t find them in stock anywhere! Anyone know where I can get a set???

#9472 3 years ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Have a stupid request - anyone have a link to a video showing the Pro playfield with the black posts being pulled up and then locked into place for servicing underneath?
I've pulled apart all kinds of pins through the years but haven't done it to a newer Stern and their setup makes me nervous.
Thanks!

This is the video where I learned. He has a premium with the rails, but it’s the same concept.

#9473 3 years ago

had this pin for almost a week now. it's so fast. it's so fun.

thought i'd regret selling my grail to get it (DESW) but i haven't. this pin keeps getting better every time i hit start...

#9474 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Plus shipping and sales tax, neither of which we charge so we are close on price. Comet has some nice stuff, but I’d argue our quality is higher with more vibrant colors and brighter leds...we have them custom made for us. Someone wants 10 trough lights, we can provide a discount and I’ll meet or beat anyone’s total price.

#9475 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Plus shipping and sales tax, neither of which we charge so we are close on price. Comet has some nice stuff, but I’d argue our quality is higher with more vibrant colors and brighter leds...we have them custom made for us. Someone wants 10 trough lights, we can provide a discount and I’ll meet or beat anyone’s total price.

No shipping charges to Canada, Sweet!

#9476 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

No shipping charges to Canada, Sweet!

wouldnt go that far, but we usually get pretty decent rates and never mark it up.

#9477 3 years ago

Thank you! Been looking for that type of video, wanted to make sure how far it actually needed to be pulled out and didn't want to experiment.

Quoted from evileye:

This is the video where I learned. He has a premium with the rails, but it’s the same concept.

#9478 3 years ago

I have had my Prem for three years now, and am yet to master the right orbit shot. Argh!!!

#9479 3 years ago

I thought Star Wars had a Midnight Madness mode....?

Made sure my clock was correct and played past midnight and no mode.... hmmmmmm.

#9480 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

I thought Star Wars had a Midnight Madness mode....?
Made sure my clock was correct and played past midnight and no mode.... hmmmmmm.

I think I read it was removed in an update for some reason. Sucks ... I thought it was cool.

#9481 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I think I read it was removed in an update for some reason. Sucks ... I thought it was cool.

Boo.

#9483 3 years ago

Thanks.

Wonder if they’ll put it back in? Looked awesome.

#9484 3 years ago

Has anybody With a pro installed a nitro pinball light saber,the expensive one.if so could I get a picture of placement!
Thanks

#9485 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Wonder if they’ll put it back in? Looked awesome.

Then need to put it back in. Also, there are a lot more video clips on the Home Pin version that are not on the Pro/Prem/LE versions that could be added.

I get a glitch every so often when Death Star is lit - the ball goes up the ramp, but instead of stopping while I choose my Death Mission, the ball gets shot through the hyper-loop once (flippers are dead as it thinks I'm choosing a mission), and the ball drains. It gives me the ball back, but the DS mission selection is not honored.

#9486 3 years ago

More clips would be good. I love Yoda as much as the next guy, but variety is the spice of life. I could do without the midnight madness, but it would be a cool option. What I REALLY, REALLY would like would be a way to disable the video mode or at least bypass it for points like on STTNG.

#9487 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

More clips would be good. I love Yoda as much as the next guy, but variety is the spice of life. I could do without the midnight madness, but it would be a cool option. What I REALLY, REALLY would like would be a way to disable the video mode or at least bypass it for points like on STTNG.

Its kind of annoying but later in the game if you have the multiplier cranked its worth a ton of points.

#9488 3 years ago

I was under the impression code on this one was finished.

Is there a chance of another update? Like you guys, I’d love to see more clips and, of course, midnight Madness.

#9489 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Videomode together with a big multiplier is like a superjackpot that you can control imo. Very satisfying and one of the genious features of the game. The videomode in it self is maybe not the best, but wow when you can score big.

#9490 3 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

Videomode together with a big multiplier is like a superjackpot that you can control imo. Very satisfying and one of the genious features of the game. The videomode in it self is maybe not the best, but wow when you can score big.

It is, and it's a great video mode as far as video modes go, but there is no excuse for making me play it 5-6 times on a great game. Once, maybe twice in a good game would be fine. I can live with it as-is, but this is at the top of my code wishlist. Dwight surprised us with an absolute kick-ass GoT update long after anyone would have thought one was coming, so I am holding out hope. Not holding my breath, but maybe keeping my fingers crossed.

#9491 3 years ago

Just recently on my prem, my Death Star his having trouble closing. I'm not talking about a little gap after it explodes, but staying totally open. Eventually with a few jolts of the shaker motor it will start on it's way of closing. Is there any sort of mechanical adjustment I can make? Something too tight, or maybe a loose spring?

I went to the diagnostics, and the DS will open perfectly. I even took the glass off and made it explode and no issues there. It just seems that it may be binding on something when it comes to closing. Any help is appreciated.

#9492 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Just recently on my prem, my Death Star his having trouble closing. I'm not talking about a little gap after it explodes, but staying totally open. Eventually with a few jolts of the shaker motor it will start on it's way of closing. Is there any sort of mechanical adjustment I can make? Something too tight, or maybe a loose spring?
I went to the diagnostics, and the DS will open perfectly. I even took the glass off and made it explode and no issues there. It just seems that it may be binding on something when it comes to closing. Any help is appreciated.

Mr big shot over here destroying the death star so often it stopped working.... No danger of that at my house lol.... Sorry bud, no help here.

#9493 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Mr big shot over here destroying the death star so often it stopped working.... No danger of that at my house lol.... Sorry bud, no help here.

Ha, I'm wondering if mine is "broken" because I've never seen it open except in a ball search...

#9494 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

open except in a ball search...

That's how I found out the issue myself. No big shot here. Seriously, would like some help.

#9495 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

This happens on my premium also . I inspected it and found nothing broken . Just seems to stick and with a little jolt , it closes back up .

#9496 3 years ago

Loose bolts, nuts.

#9497 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Its harder to play and learn so walk up and play friendly it aint...

After playing it for a few days I’m remembering how brutal it is.

I think the biggest problem this game has is Stern made a bunch of weird choices from the beginning...it’s the most accessible theme of all time, but they paired it with a hugely punishing layout and really complex rules. Just a strange way to go about it.

#9498 3 years ago

The baffle kit revisions have been made and fitment has been confirmed from other machine models. The baffles are now made with both mounting holes styles so the kit is good for any machine model.

#9499 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

The baffle kit revisions have been made and fitment has been confirmed from other machine models. The baffles are now made with both mounting holes styles so the kit is good for any machine model.

Ordered a set for my premium.

#9500 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

What is this baffle kit you speak of? I have a pro model. Would it work on mine ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/190?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.