SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 302.
#9401 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I spent a ton of time dialing in my premium so it played about as well as one can play.
The shots were nowhere near "the same" as a pro.... ramps are much smoother and easier to backhand on the pro.
The hyperloop is a very cool toy but the pro plays miles better if it didnt I would have bought another premium.
I love the game and either is great but the premium plays almost like a totally different pin.

Agree to disagree. The shots on my pro were exactly the same as the shots on the 2 premiums I have had in my house with the exception of the Death Star shot. I loved playing my Pro so much it was a very hard decision to move to the premium. Luckily for me, a friend sold me his premium so I could play-test it extensively.

As mentioned, the lack of the post on the left side makes it a little harder game but it doesn't make the shots any different.

Most people I have met that "hate Star Wars" have no idea how to play it after you ask them a few questions.
Its not really walk up and play friendly at all... you need to get whats going on and know what to do or not do.
Just banging a few games on it on location and saying it sucks is pretty common unfortunately.

100% agree with you on this. I absolutely did not like the game the first several times I played one. It was very "meh". Then my friend explained the basic rules/objectives and the meaning of the array of inserts. It really came alive for me.

#9402 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The hyperloop is super cool and worth the price of admission.

I mean to me this is one of the best toys ever (might be my favorite of any toy in any game), I love magnets and one of my best toys is the ring shot in LotR but to me the HL takes the cake for cool toys. I just love every time I make the HL hurry up and the HL multiball.

#9403 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I don't think it's bashing at all...just giving the lesser vocal other side of the story. It's been years of people straight out saying the pro is empty trash and the absolute only way to go is the premium. It's kind of nice and refreshing to see I'm not the only one that prefers the pro. Any version is an awesome game though...I wish more people would give it an open minded chance. Their loss writing this one off, in any form.

I agree, it's funny reading the SW home pin thread where people say the home pin is way better than SW pro. I mean it's just crazy that some people don't like SW because it doesn't have a lot of toys or figurines on the PF. I think SW way better than a lot of pins rated higher like Stranger Things etc. But to each their own I guess..

I didn't love the way the up fork blocks a right inner orbit shot, but likely that shot (right inner orbit) is not the shot you want to make. Also the fork isn't up all the time so you can still get nice inner orbit shots. The inner orbits are so fast on this game, I want to play Avengers quest pro to see how that inner orbit is also. I think Stern pros for the most part are just as good as the premiums.

#9404 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I absolutely did not like the game the first several times I played one. It was very "meh". Then my friend explained the basic rules/objectives and the meaning of the array of inserts. It really came alive for me.

Same, I actually didn't like it at all for the longest time, wasn't until I saw the video Canadian Pinball "let's blow up the Death Star" that I really understood what was going on with the game. Once I got the idea of the bonus X and the character picks, I really fell in love. I could have bought any pin at all and I picked SW comic premium and my second choice would have been the comic pro.

#9405 3 years ago

Ok, I'm in the process of setting my premium up for play-ability...

First, are the standup targets near the orbit supposed to "peak" into the orbit itself, or is it supposed to be centered on that plastic? I'm getting a lot of bricks that hit the spinner, then come screaming back down. Just wondering where this standup is supposed to be positioned.

Second, where is the "mystery" suppose to feed the ball after it comes out? Right now, mine barely hits the left flipper on a good launch, and can just send it right down the middle...especially if timing is a bit off on my flip. If I try to dead bounce, it just drains. Is there an adjustment to this?

This game is brutal enough, I want to make sure I have everything adjusted I can.

IMG_20200929_195706 (resized).jpgIMG_20200929_195706 (resized).jpg
#9406 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

First, are the standup targets near the orbit supposed to "peak" into the orbit itself, or is it supposed to be centered on that plastic? I'm getting a lot of bricks that hit the spinner, then come screaming back down. Just wondering where this standup is supposed to be positioned.
Second, where is the "mystery" suppose to feed the ball after it comes out? Right now, mine barely hits the left flipper on a good launch, and can just send it right down the middle...especially if timing is a bit off on my flip. If I try to dead bounce, it just drains. Is there an adjustment to this?
This game is brutal enough, I want to make sure I have everything adjusted I can.
[quoted image]

my stand ups were all leaning also. I found that all of mine just had the bolts snug. Give them a good tighten and they will not lean again.

#9407 3 years ago

You can set a ball save timer for the mystery eject. My game isn’t set up now so can recall where it lands but I set 2 second ball save for this.

#9408 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

[quoted image]

Easy solution!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/67#post-4244466

#9409 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

[quoted image]

I believe the targets should be centered/aligned perfectly vertical. The target to the right of the death star shot was giving me grief when I got mine, leaning enough to make the already tight shot more difficult. They get knocked sideways just a bit and require adjustment and re-tightening periodically.

My mystery eject hits the right flipper, close enough to the end that it's not a gimme to catch or bounce over. But rarely manages to go SDTM on mine - should it really be hitting the LEFT flipper?? I may have to check the power settings and see if mine has been misadjusted by a previous owner to avoid SDTMs, or what...

#9410 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I believe the targets should be centered/aligned perfectly vertical. The target to the right of the death star shot was giving me grief when I got mine, leaning enough to make the already tight shot more difficult. They get knocked sideways just a bit and require adjustment and re-tightening periodically.
My mystery eject hits the right flipper, close enough to the end that it's not a gimme to catch or bounce over. But rarely manages to go SDTM on mine - should it really be hitting the LEFT flipper?? I may have to check the power settings and see if mine has been misadjusted by a previous owner to avoid SDTMs, or what...

Yes it should hit the left flipper. Your power setting is probably low to avoid sdtm .

#9411 3 years ago

Thanks for the help, I got some playing around to do tomorrow. And I think those outlanes are getting moved to "easy" while I'm at it

#9412 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You can set a ball save timer for the mystery eject. My game isn’t set up now so can recall where it lands but I set 2 second ball save for this.

rai,

Thanks for this tip, that reject drove me nuts. I just adjusted that ball save to 4 seconds.

Cheers

#9413 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Agree to disagree. The shots on my pro were exactly the same as the shots on the 2 premiums I have had in my house with the exception of the Death Star shot. I loved playing my Pro so much it was a very hard decision to move to the premium. Luckily for me, a friend sold me his premium so I could play-test it extensively.
As mentioned, the lack of the post on the left side makes it a little harder game but it doesn't make the shots any different.

The shots are the same but the difference from the metal ramps to plastic is pretty noticeable also.

End of day I spent hours "dialing in" my premium to get it as good as I could.. it still didnt play "better" or the same as my pro which needed nothing out of the box. Level it and play.

Its still a great game its just a different thing...

#9414 3 years ago

So amazing how many have had both premium and pro, I’ve had both too and prefer the pro. It’s all about the Death Star shot, I’ve been playing the LE at Jordan’s museum and it’s hardly playable. I’ve been quoted as saying the hyper loop on the premium/LE is the greatest toy of all time but it’s such a difficult shot that it’s unplayable for me. I have a comic pro now and love it so much more than my premium.

#9415 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

rai,
Thanks for this tip, that reject drove me nuts. I just adjusted that ball save to 4 seconds.
Cheers

Need the ball save from that rejection, it’s a no brainer, so glad they enabled that

#9416 3 years ago

How is a ball or balls spinning around a ramp the greatest toy? Asking for a friend

#9417 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How is a ball or balls spinning around a ramp the greatest toy? Asking for a friend

k1yl63x.gifk1yl63x.gif
#9418 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You clearly haven't experienced it.

One is cool. Two or more is an incredible rush.

#9419 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have, but my friend must not have. Lol

I have also experienced it in No Fear and Getaway

#9420 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Those are also cool, but it's the fact that it's so visible in SW and comes right at you between the flippers...and can stack multiple balls.

Almost makes up for the TIE fighter on a stick....almost.

#9421 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Maybe cooler than no fear and getaway because the balls come all the way down to the flipper area.

#9422 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe cooler than no fear and getaway because the balls come all the way down to the flipper area.

HA! We mind-melded.

#9423 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Its a cool gimmick.. when I had one and you got it rocking it would shake my wood floor.

#9424 3 years ago

Speaking of Hyperspace loop, about half the time when I have 2 or 3 in there, they wind up getting closer together while in the loop and sometimes 1 will drop out leaving the rest in. Is there some sort of cure for this?

#9425 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

No Fear at least you interact with the ball...it's up to you to keep it looping. Getaway and SW you just load and watch. Not saying it isn't a cool gimmick, but in my mind it doesn't compare with NF.

#9426 3 years ago

I'm still looking for a Star Wars Comic Premium, and have not looked inside the deathstar (so I'm talking out my ass), but isn't there some way to adjust things so the hyperloop shot doesn't reject so much? I know the ball goes up the fork ramp, but what is it hitting to reject? Is it the transition to the wireform? If so, could something be bent or fabricated? Or is it hitting the internals of the deathstar? Could a modder make a new sorta hollower mold?

It seems like everyone likes the hyperloop but hates how unreliable the shot is. I'm just curious what keeps someone from doing / replacing something to make the shot more reliable somehow.

#9427 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm still looking for a Star Wars Comic Premium, and have not looked inside the deathstar (so I'm talking out my ass), but isn't there some way to adjust things so the hyperloop shot doesn't reject so much? I know the ball goes up the fork ramp, but what is it hitting to reject? Is it the transition to the wireform? If so, could something be bent or fabricated? Or is it hitting the internals of the deathstar? Could a modder make a new sorta hollower mold?
It seems like everyone likes the hyperloop but hates how unreliable the shot is. I'm just curious what keeps someone from doing / replacing something to make the shot more reliable somehow.

I feel like it’s the geometry of the shot. It’s kind of not directly lined up from the right flipper. More like from the left, but it’s super had to get the power to backhand. It’s a tough shot for sure

#9428 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The fork ramp on the premium is very steep and needs a clean shot from the right flipper.

The shot on the Pro is simply a flat loop (like the premium when the fork is down). Easily made with a backhand or sloppy shot.

#9429 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

There is not really adjustment to make it "easier" BUT there is an adjustment for the part of the hyperspace wireform that enters the Deathstar. If that is too low it can cause you additional rejects that would not otherwise occur.

It's designed to be a difficult shot and achieves this objective with ease... but SO rewarding when you make it.

#9430 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I feel like it’s the geometry of the shot. It’s kind of not directly lined up from the right flipper. More like from the left, but it’s super had to get the power to backhand. It’s a tough shot for sure

Yah this... the ball really has to hit the fork dead on due to the angle which is hard to do even from the right flipper.

Its probably not the geometry of the shot more the design of the fork that makes a pretty direct hit needed.

Its just one of those shots you can feel like you hit it perfect and it will just brick out and its annoying as shit.

Its never a good feeling in any game to feel like you nail a shot and not get it rewarded... same as BS drains out the pops or whatever plagues other games.

#9431 3 years ago

Its never a good feeling in any game to feel like you nail a shot and not get it rewarded... same as BS drains out the pops or whatever plagues other games.

100%.
My Avatar leaved because of that (and some other reasons). Hitting the robot (amp suit?) perfectly and get a SDTM....
That´s not what i want, when i play right.

#9432 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I actually like the shaker implementation a lot. Small shakes when you shoot tie fighters, huge shake when the Death Star is destroyed. In the video mode if you get hit by a lot of asteroids it will shake a ton. But if you were on the Falcon and got hit by asteroids you would also. Solution: Fly better!
Overall I think they did a good job with it.

Thanks, adjusted the settings and really like it now

#9433 3 years ago

Death Star ramp tip: You have a ball guide on the left side that feeds the fork ramp nicely. When aiming from the right flipper, don't aim for the fork ramp dead on. Try aiming just to the left so the geometry of the ball guide takes it smoothly up the ramp. Using the ball guides is important on this shot and tight orbit shots, like the right orbit. Over time you should be able to determine where the shot is on the flipper when playing from a cradle/trap.

#9434 3 years ago

So I just joined the club, boys. Picked up a SW Comic Pro from Marco’s today.

Love it. Absolutely beautiful pin.

Couple questions....

1) the leveler looks like the bubble is way, way off, but I tried adjusting it to where the bubble was in the middle...lmao...it was like playing downhill. Not ideal.

Where it is now it “feels” right.

Is this an issue? I’m so confused.

Also...my right side GI is completely out. Thoughts? Something come unplugged during transport?

Thanks.

644385C4-1527-4852-A907-7F85FA319BD0 (resized).jpeg644385C4-1527-4852-A907-7F85FA319BD0 (resized).jpeg899E948C-182E-4CF9-949D-C920D409E808 (resized).jpeg899E948C-182E-4CF9-949D-C920D409E808 (resized).jpeg9FA45F9E-1A8C-40AD-95E4-6AF9B22C7102 (resized).jpeg9FA45F9E-1A8C-40AD-95E4-6AF9B22C7102 (resized).jpegACE2D88B-5FCB-47AB-AB2F-42F9B3207C22 (resized).jpegACE2D88B-5FCB-47AB-AB2F-42F9B3207C22 (resized).jpegC4038EC5-5B23-4F32-9D5A-23DC9B262658 (resized).jpegC4038EC5-5B23-4F32-9D5A-23DC9B262658 (resized).jpegF1DF5A55-BCCF-4B4C-821C-CAD0C4233060 (resized).jpegF1DF5A55-BCCF-4B4C-821C-CAD0C4233060 (resized).jpeg
#9435 3 years ago

Actually....I just looked at my earlier pics to confirm.

It was definitely all working a few mins ago.

Wtf did I do?

E4FFA73C-9874-4524-8C4D-2136A322AD53 (resized).jpegE4FFA73C-9874-4524-8C4D-2136A322AD53 (resized).jpeg
#9436 3 years ago

Went to menu

Says in Node Board test that

1 (cabinet)
8 (lower playfield)
9 (middle playfield 1)
10 (lamps only)

"Not responding"

——-

Unplugged it and plugged it back in: working.

Should I call Marco’s tomorrow? Do I have a node board going bad or is this normal?

#9437 3 years ago

I had the same thing on the node board test... Freaked me out. Then I realized you have to push in the coin door switch to enable high voltage for those to test right. I guess I need more new pinball machines so I would have known this...

#9438 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

So I just joined the club, boys. Picked up a SW Comic Pro from Marco’s today.
Love it. Absolutely beautiful pin.
Couple questions....
1) the leveler looks like the bubble is way, way off, but I tried adjusting it to where the bubble was in the middle...lmao...it was like playing downhill. Not ideal.
Where it is now it “feels” right.
Is this an issue? I’m so confused.
Also...my right side GI is completely out. Thoughts? Something come unplugged during transport?
Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats - Those bubble levels aren't that great. Got a digital level? Star Wars kind of needs to be at 6.5 degrees.

#9439 3 years ago

Never trust the bubble. It's a complete waste of space. Use a digital level. They are cheap and accurate. Some people use an app on their phone. If you do that, make sure you calibrate it correctly. It's well worth the $20 to buy a real one....especially for a game that is ultra-sensitive to pitch and level like Star Wars.

#9440 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Congrats - Those bubble levels aren't that great. Got a digital level? Star Wars kind of needs to be at 6.5 degrees.

It's not even a "level" because it doesn't measure left to right. Only a very inconsistent indicator of pitch.

#9441 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It's not even a "level" because it doesn't measure left to right. Only a very inconsistent indicator of pitch.

Inconsistent indeed. I never pay attention to any bubble levels on any of my pins. I only level them glass off, with a level sitting directly on the playfield.

#9442 3 years ago

For those with the comic version, what art blades did you go with? Pics?

#9443 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Went to menu
Says in Node Board test that
1 (cabinet)
8 (lower playfield)
9 (middle playfield 1)
10 (lamps only)
"Not responding"
——-
Unplugged it and plugged it back in: working.
Should I call Marco’s tomorrow? Do I have a node board going bad or is this normal?

You're testing with the coin door open. That's normal and will go away if you press the door safety switch in. Likely have a loose connection somewhere. Level the machine digitally at 6.5 degrees. Get the comic art blades, they look incredible.

#9444 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

I went with the comic art blades, and I love them. See my post #8459 in this thread. There's pics.

#9445 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Stern

73F08CB3-3DFB-4399-88FF-7B35C00589F0 (resized).jpeg73F08CB3-3DFB-4399-88FF-7B35C00589F0 (resized).jpeg8279D2DC-B16D-4EB4-8202-427433EB104D (resized).jpeg8279D2DC-B16D-4EB4-8202-427433EB104D (resized).jpegA6E5A2F1-8294-4DCE-9265-B2A4406F78F8 (resized).jpegA6E5A2F1-8294-4DCE-9265-B2A4406F78F8 (resized).jpeg
#9446 3 years ago

Thanks fellas. Those look great on both of your machines.

Gonna order me a set of those ASAP

#9447 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Thanks fellas. Those look great on both of your machines.
Gonna order me a set of those ASAP

You should also check out the color brackets for the FORCE targets and the character LEDs from Pin Monk @vireland. They make a big difference and are easy to install.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03344-star-wars-character-mode-bracket
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03352-star-wars-force-targets-gradient-bracket

#9448 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

You should also check out the color brackets for the FORCE targets and the character LEDs from Pin Monk vireland. They make a big difference and are easy to install.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03344-star-wars-character-mode-bracket
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03352-star-wars-force-targets-gradient-bracket

Ohhhhhh momma...those look sexy AF.

I went ahead and ordered the Stern comic blades. Man, they look good installed.

#9449 3 years ago

So I ordered some mods today:

Got the FORCE targets and character LED inserts from pinmonk.

The Comic Art Blades from Stern.

And from Mezel I ordered:

- Pro Millennium Falcon
- mini LCD armor
- LIghtsaber flipper toppers
- Decal for my PinGulp

Now I just have to find time to install everything...lol.

#9450 3 years ago

Has anybody tried trough lighting? If so, what color did you go with?

I really like it on my Munsters Pro. Thinking about putting it on my SW as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/189?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.