New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 190343)

Stern STAR WARS club...May The Force Be With You

By Micky

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,587 posts
  • 655 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by fooflighter
  • Topic is favorited by 267 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one are you getting.”

• Pro 147 votes
    28%
  • Premium 216 votes
    42%
  • LE 155 votes
    30%

(518 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,497 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2830 (resized).JPEG
IMG_2831 (resized).JPEG
IMG_2832 (resized).JPEG
IMG_20200222_205854 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2020-10-27 015702.png
30E4BE6C-6805-4B44-B332-51A6E272F3B6 (resized).jpeg
255AE26F-B6E8-46CD-B5B7-F894FDFA95B5 (resized).jpeg
F9804C58-3F9D-440B-8EE5-D5C1C4046B92 (resized).jpeg
531922A4-241E-49CA-97BB-B3EA38822977 (resized).jpeg
Left Comic Watermarked (resized).jpg
Right Comic Watermarked (resized).jpg
IMG_6351 (resized).JPG
PXL_20201020_011919400 (resized).jpg
20201017_100938.jpg
B444BF69-6D66-45EA-B3F9-E64131C60296 (resized).jpeg
37C9239D-16C8-49E9-A32C-5F03B0A67D3F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9587 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 192.
#9351 43 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

They might look better but could easily be pulled out. You want them on top so the playfield is sandwiched between the t-nut and the slide bracket.

True. I thought about it a little after I posted this and it makes more sense for it to be on the top of the playfield

#9352 43 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

True. I thought about it a little after I posted this and it makes more sense for it to be on the top of the playfield

My motto is "if all else fails, follow the directions"

#9353 41 days ago

So finally got the slide brackets installed. So much better then the service pegs! Those things are about useless, I feel. So much easier to service it now.

#9354 41 days ago

Finally got my 5.25” backbox speakers and light kit installed! I think it looks awesome !!! What you all think? This is the pro model.

#9355 40 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Finally got my 5.25” backbox speakers and light kit installed! I think it looks awesome !!! What you all think? This is the pro model.

Which one is that, where is it from?

#9356 40 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Which one is that, where is it from?

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

This is from speakerlightkits.com
Deluxe 5.25” type 13 kit with the 5.25” replacement speaker panels. I put the link above.

#9357 40 days ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html
This is from speakerlightkits.com
Deluxe 5.25” type 13 kit with the 5.25” replacement speaker panels. I put the link above.

Gotcha thanks. I buy all my kits from Doug but I have yet to try that one. Looks snazzy!

#9358 40 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Gotcha thanks. I buy all my kits from Doug but I have yet to try that one. Looks snazzy!

Thanks! He also has speaker plates that I’m gonna get as well that have the rebel and imperial logos on them.

#9359 37 days ago

Just joined the club... Now to get it downstairs.

IMG_20200923_121351 (resized).jpg
#9360 37 days ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Right on sir!! I have yet to see the Comic edition in person, but seeing HD photos the Comic edition is growing on me. It is not worth it for me to swap, but I admire the change Stern did.

Enjoy the game!

#9361 37 days ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Right on sir!! I have yet to see the Comic edition in person, but seeing HD photos the Comic edition is growing on me. It is not worth it for me to swap, but I admire the change Stern did.
Enjoy the game!

Looks better in person.

I do wish premium has pro art. Don’t get me wrong I love the premium artwork but the pro art is my favorite.

#9362 37 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I do wish premium has pro art. Don’t get me wrong I love the premium artwork but the pro art is my favorite.

I thought the same as you until I owned the Comic Premium for a couple weeks. I now prefer the art on that over the Comic Pro version. It’s more edgy.

#9363 37 days ago
Quoted from setzkor:

[quoted image]

That is a very early serial number for a Comic Premium. What’s your build date?

#9364 37 days ago
Quoted from setzkor:

[quoted image]

Did you just get this from Cointaker? They have Premiums in stock? Nice pick-up!

#9365 37 days ago

Yes, I just picked it up from them. Build date is October 2019.

On another note, I found these in the cabinet (small nuts were actually in the box)... Any idea where they might go? It looks like the bolts from the hinge to the top of the head, but those are there.

IMG_20200923_183324 (resized).jpg
#9366 37 days ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Yes, I just picked it up from them. Build date is October 2019.
On another note, I found these in the cabinet (small nuts were actually in the box)... Any idea where they might go? It looks like the bolts from the hinge to the top of the head, but those are there.
[quoted image]

The big nut looks like one that holds the bolts for the backside of the coin door frame. The other two look like coin door bolts, but they seem too short. Lock nut, I have no idea. Lots of places that could go.

#9367 37 days ago

Thanks, it looks like none of them look like they were ever installed...but I'm taking my time looking things over before I start it up. I want to make sure they are really just "factory trash" that ended up in the cabinet.

#9368 37 days ago

I bet they were all built in the same month or so and are just sitting in inventory.

#9369 36 days ago

Hey guys check out this thread and vote for SW if you feel it is deserving.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-code-of-stern-spike-2

#9370 34 days ago

On my premium, without any changes on the left return ramp where the ball stop for modes is, the ball stop is not dropping below the ramp and the ball gets stuck there until a ball search launches it out to the playfield. Any suggestions? Is there an adjustment to from the stop or do I raise the ramp? Thanks!

20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
#9371 33 days ago

It has been brought to my attention that the LED boards under the scenario inserts on a Premium and Le machine are different from my Pro. If you have purchased a light baffle kit from me for a Premium / Le machine please PM me. I am currently working on a revised baffle for these areas that will have holes for both types of LED boards. I will send out revised sets to who contacts me via Pm as soon as they are complete. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#9372 33 days ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

On my premium, without any changes on the left return ramp where the ball stop for modes is, the ball stop is not dropping below the ramp and the ball gets stuck there until a ball search launches it out to the playfield. Any suggestions? Is there an adjustment to from the stop or do I raise the ramp? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Yes you can adjust the resting position of the plunger under the playfield.

#9373 33 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

It has been brought to my attention that the LED boards under the scenario inserts on a Premium and Le machine are different from my Pro. If you have purchased a light baffle kit from me for a Premium / Le machine please PM me. I am currently working on a revised baffle for these areas that will have holes for both types of LED boards. I will send out revised sets to who contacts me via Pm as soon as they are complete. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good to know. I was looking to make an order.

#9374 32 days ago

Back in the club with this one... got a pro.

A game I have owned before and just kept calling me back for more.

I find this one to be a nice mix of fun and challenge and like that there are tons of ways to play it.

As for the premium vs pro debate I can say I 100% prefer the pro after owning both for a while... plays faster and shots are smoother to me.

#9375 32 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes you can adjust the resting position of the plunger under the playfield.

Thanks! I found this and it was already all the way down. I even trimmed the rubber to let it come down further, but I still trap the ball. Any other thoughts?

#9376 32 days ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

As for the premium vs pro debate I can say I 100% prefer the pro after owning both for a while... plays faster and shots are smoother to me.

This is the debate I’m currently in with myself.

I want a comic version, but I go back and forth of pro vs premium.

The pro I played seemed “faster” for some reason vs the (very limited) time I spent on a premium. Not sure if that’s an actual thing or if the premium wasn’t set up well.

Do you think you’ll miss the premium features? Why or why not, if you don’t mind. Like i said, just looking for more opinions since I’m currently in this boat.

Thanks.

#9377 32 days ago
Quoted from pudluther:

The pro I played seemed “faster” for some reason vs the (very limited) time I spent on a premium. Not sure if that’s an actual thing or if the premium wasn’t set up well.
Do you think you’ll miss the premium features? Why or why not, if you don’t mind. Like i said, just looking for more opinions since I’m currently in this boat.
Thanks.

I think the biggest things are the metal ramps and the fork on the death star, both of those to me made the premium harder to play and more clunky.

On the Pro you can backhand just about every shot and ramps are smoother....

I dont miss the premium at all.. the hyperloop is a cool toy but doesnt add much to the game play

I think the pro is a better art package too since it has all the characters, the prem is just focused on the dark side.

#9378 32 days ago

the pro comic art is my favorite art package and if you are on the fence or just as happy with the pro get that.

I feel like the pro is fantastic but for me the hyper loop is a game changer, I’d miss that feature the most.

I have several pro level pins, very few to me are must have premium AcDc premium is one and SW premium is the other but SW pro is still a great game.

#9379 32 days ago

Thanks, fellas.

#9380 32 days ago

I think the biggest things are the metal ramps and the fork on the death star, both of those to me made the premium harder to play and more clunky.
On the Pro you can backhand just about every shot and ramps are smoother....
I dont miss the premium at all.. the hyperloop is a cool toy but doesnt add much to the game play
I think the pro is a better art package too since it has all the characters, the prem is just focused on the dark side.

Well said!

#9381 32 days ago

I started with a Pro and moved to the Premium once I knew how to play and how great this game this is.

I agree, the premium is a little tougher since you can't easily backhand the deathstar (I can on mine about 1 in 20 shots). The rest of the shots are the same. I just love the hyperloop.

No regrets moving from pro to prem for me.

#9382 32 days ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Thanks! I found this and it was already all the way down. I even trimmed the rubber to let it come down further, but I still trap the ball. Any other thoughts?

Think I found it. The plastic stopper came loose from the plunger and is not being pulled back down properly.

Up post (resized).JPG
#9383 32 days ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Thanks.

I played Star Wars Pro many many games on location. I only played the premium once on location and did not like it in fact I hated it. My wife told me no more pinball unless it has the name STAR WARS on it.

I bought a PREMIUM. Never played it again prior to purchase. Was watching a lot of videos and somehow it convinced me to buy a premium

Immediately regretted my decision. I hit the HS shot lots first 10 games or so then dead. It has been a hard shot since.

Do I regret my decision. Absolutely not. The feeling you get when multiple balls(more than 2) are in the loop, it is such a PAYOFF. It gets me every single time. All because the shot is not easy. I love the premium.

#9384 32 days ago

I used to consider No Good Gofer's Hole In One shot to be the greatest shot in pinball, but I rank the Hyper Loop shot right up there with it. It feels so good when you make it*, especially in multiball when you have more than 1 ball zinging around up there. I dig the premium.

*And it can be infuriating when you don't, LOL

#9385 32 days ago

Just installed a shaker and i dont think it works well in this game, thoughts?

#9386 32 days ago
Quoted from Frli002:

I actually like the shaker implementation a lot. Small shakes when you shoot tie fighters, huge shake when the Death Star is destroyed. In the video mode if you get hit by a lot of asteroids it will shake a ton. But if you were on the Falcon and got hit by asteroids you would also. Solution: Fly better!

Overall I think they did a good job with it.

#9387 32 days ago

shaker is great, I like when it's used sparingly as posted above.

#9388 32 days ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Have you checked its on maximum in settings and are the weights of the shaker pointing in same direction to get maximum effect?

#9389 32 days ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I agree, the premium is a little tougher since you can't easily backhand the deathstar (I can on mine about 1 in 20 shots). The rest of the shots are the same. I just love the hyperloop.

I spent a ton of time dialing in my premium so it played about as well as one can play.

The shots were nowhere near "the same" as a pro.... ramps are much smoother and easier to backhand on the pro.

The hyperloop is a very cool toy but the pro plays miles better if it didnt I would have bought another premium.

I love the game and either is great but the premium plays almost like a totally different pin.

#9390 32 days ago

I spent a ton of time dialing in my premium so it played about as well as one can play.
The shots were nowhere near "the same" as a pro.... ramps are much smoother and easier to backhand on the pro.
The hyperloop is a very cool toy but the pro plays miles better if it didnt I would have bought another premium.
I love the game and either is great but the premium plays almost like a totally different pin.

As I’ve pointed out before, the Pro also has a post below the “F” drop target which can prevent drains. Pro is easier for sure.

#9391 32 days ago
Quoted from Frli002:

When it's used, it feels good, but I agree it could be used more. The "Thunk" when Mystery is hit feels very satisfying.

#9392 31 days ago
Quoted from pudluther:

Thanks.

When the premium has the hyperloop ramp "up", a shot to the right side of the inner loop will hit the back side of the ramp and stop. It then needs to wait for the ramp to lower, and then the ball will dribble free. This is a big flow killer for me, and why I prefer the pro.

#9393 31 days ago

I love shaker in this game as its very subtle. I hated it in my deadpool. I LOVE my premium comic art. I didnt love playing the pro on location but then again it was setup like shit. I have found the premium needs to be setup perfectly and then you can backhand the hyperloop shot a bit. I hit it pretty well from the right flipper. And when you have multiple balls in the loop for multiball its just glorious!

I do like the Pro comic artwork a bit better, but the translite for the comic premium is amazing.

#9394 31 days ago

Wow - seems to be a lot of Premium bashing in the good old Star Wars thread these days. The thread attached survey suggests the premium is the better of the two by a considerable margin. To me they are really two different games. The pro is easier while the premium is harder. I like to improve my skills so I’ll take harder every time. The hyperloop is super cool and worth the price of admission. Add a shaker Motor? - I say “Hell Yeah!”

#9395 31 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

As I’ve pointed out before, the Pro also has a post below the “F” drop target which can prevent drains. Pro is easier for sure.

Huh... I had not noticed that.

Not sure how much difference it makes but interesting.

#9396 31 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Wow - seems to be a lot of Premium bashing in the good old Star Wars thread these days. The thread attached survey suggests the premium is the better of the two by a considerable margin. To me they are really two different games. The pro is easier while the premium is harder. I like to improve my skills so I’ll take harder every time. The hyperloop is super cool and worth the price of admission. Add a shaker Motor? - I say “Hell Yeah!”

Why is everything "bashing" these days. lol

Its just a different opinion and the issues with the fork etc are all documented 1000 times over.

Im not saying the premium (I did buy one after all) sucks or something just that it plays different and harder which on a pin that is already pretty hard isnt as much fun to me.

I still say Star Wars (any version) is a top 5 Stern

#9397 31 days ago

Huh... I had not noticed that.
Not sure how much difference it makes but interesting.

I've owned both. It helps reduce left outlane drains for sure. Doesn't take anything away from either version. Both are excellent games.

#9398 31 days ago

I don't think it's bashing at all...just giving the lesser vocal other side of the story. It's been years of people straight out saying the pro is empty trash and the absolute only way to go is the premium. It's kind of nice and refreshing to see I'm not the only one that prefers the pro. Any version is an awesome game though...I wish more people would give it an open minded chance. Their loss writing this one off, in any form.

#9399 31 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I don't think it's bashing at all...just giving the lesser vocal other side of the story. It's been years of people straight out saying the pro is empty trash and the absolute only way to go is the premium. It's kind of nice and refreshing to see I'm not the only one that prefers the pro. Any version is an awesome game though...I wish more people would give it an open minded chance. Their loss writing this one off, in any form.

I almost upgraded my Pro to a Premium until I played one. That Death Star shot was too frustrating with the ramp, for me.

#9400 31 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

People had the same gripes about Iron Man and now thats a classic.. to me Star Wars is in a similar league as far as speed and challenge.

Most people I have met that "hate Star Wars" have no idea how to play it after you ask them a few questions.

Its not really walk up and play friendly at all... you need to get whats going on and know what to do or not do.

Just banging a few games on it on location and saying it sucks is pretty common unfortunately.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 9587 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 192.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside