Pinside_forum_6208033_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 301.
#9301 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Can you PLEASE upload this somewhere or alternatively say if you won't. Both is fair game, but at this point there are people waiting for the files based on your previous statement and it would be really nice to know if to wait for it or write it off.

I just finished the design of the full kit and have if full installed on my machine and tested. I will sell it completely 3D printed ready to install with printed instructions. Tomorrow I will see what The average shipping costs are to send to the US and Canada and I will make an official post.

Let’s bow our heads to the sacrifices that were made to get this done.

1E76E79B-863E-40DF-90DC-5BDD513A6F26 (resized).jpeg1E76E79B-863E-40DF-90DC-5BDD513A6F26 (resized).jpeg
#9302 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I just finished the design of the full kit and have if full installed on my machine and tested. I will sell it completely 3D printed ready to install with printed instructions. Tomorrow I will see what The average shipping costs are to send to the US and Canada and I will make an official post.
Let’s bow our heads to the sacrifices that were made to get this done. [quoted image]

There should be a way to melt down the bad pieces and make new filament to be reused.

#9303 3 years ago

Here is the link for the gate spacer.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4595256

This part will also be tossed into the light baffle kit.

#9304 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

What does the gate spacer do? What’s the reason for IT?

#9305 3 years ago

Where can I find replacement Mylar for my playfield on my pro? Like the metal entrance to the left and right ramps there is Mylar there under the metal. There’s Mylar located in various places on the playfield and I want to buy extras.

#9306 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

What does the gate spacer do? What’s the reason for IT?

Take a look back at the post over the last few days. There is some discussion about the issue i had and the idea i tossed at it for a solution.

#9307 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Where can I find replacement Mylar for my playfield on my pro? Like the metal entrance to the left and right ramps there is Mylar there under the metal. There’s Mylar located in various places on the playfield and I want to buy extras.

Just get a bulk sheet of mylar and you can cut whatever mylar you need, whenever you need it.

Pinball life sells it at a very reasonable price:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch

#9308 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Tomorrow I will see what The average shipping costs are to send to the US and Canada and I will make an official post.

What about Europe?

#9309 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just get a bulk sheet of mylar and you can cut whatever mylar you need, whenever you need it.
Pinball life sells it at a very reasonable price:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch

I was hoping to find pre cut Mylar instead of having to cut that stuff my self. Not too good at that. I noticed stern used lots of Mylar in high wear places on the playfield. Which is a good thing.

#9310 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I was hoping to find pre cut Mylar instead of having to cut that stuff my self. Not too good at that. I noticed stern used lots of Mylar in high wear places on the playfield. Which is a good thing.

You only get better by doing. Most of the stuff you're talking about are squares and rectangles (and pretty small ones), probably the easiest things to cut. Start with those and when the time comes for more complicated shapes (say, shooter lane protector) you'll be up for the task, and have the material on hand to make it immediately without having to wait for and pay for shipping per item.

#9311 3 years ago

I have a few sizes the corner punches used for crafts. After cutting the squares with scissors something like this really makes the corners look nice.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H5F6DNK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_13IxFb26HWRP9

#9312 3 years ago

Ok so I was up late yesterday and I am all set and ready to go. I will also do a market place post for this kit so you can always find it later easily.

New video for the Force baffle:

Video for Scenario baffles:

My asking price for the Stern Star Wars Pro baffle kit is $30 usd plus shipping. It is my understanding that the other machine trim lines will also be able to use this kit, however I only have a PRO and I was unable to confirm fitment on a PREMIUM or LE trim.

Shipping with NO tracking is $8 usd, and shipping WITH tracking is $13 usd. Please note that items ship from Canada thus contributing to a slightly more shipping charge.

I will be selling these thru my White Wolf Speed Shop site. https://www.whitewolfspeedshop.com The parts will under a category titled "PINBALL ITEMS" I only use PayPal for invoicing. Upon checkout please note of what shipping method you would like (NO tracking or WITH tracking) I will then send a PayPal invoice to the email you provided to complete the transaction.

I need to make an addendum to my kit description that I posted a few days ago. There is NO baffle included for the Endor ramp as these inserts are lit directly with separate leds mini boards flush with the underside of the playfield unlike some of the others that use multiple led large light boards on standoffs.

The official kit includes the following:

x1 Printed instruction sheet
x4 separate identical baffles for the playfield centre inserts and their corresponding I,II,II inserts
x1 baffle for the force drop target / Lightsaber duel insert
x1 baffle for the Tatooine and adjacent arrow insert
x1 baffle for the Death Star left loop and adjacent arrow insert
x1 baffle for the Hoth right loop and adjacent arrow insert

This kit also includes a spacer and hardware for the Death Star left loop and a suggested modification that almost eliminates the amount of rejected direct shots from this gate.

-No modifications or additional items are required to install these items.

-No wires or connectors need to be removed to install items.

-Existing mounting hardware is fully utilized.

-Once installed baffles are almost fully hidden and do not change the cosmetics of the underside of the playfield.

-All baffles are 3D printed in Black colour filament.

-Baffles do not make direct contact with existing lighting boards so there is no issue of possible rubbing damage due to playfield vibrations.

IMG_1093 (resized).JPGIMG_1093 (resized).JPGIMG_1063 (resized).JPGIMG_1063 (resized).JPGIMG_1068 (resized).JPGIMG_1068 (resized).JPGIMG_1085 (resized).JPGIMG_1085 (resized).JPG
#9313 3 years ago

Would any PREMIUM or LE Owners like an Anti-Airball Plastic? I ended up with two...

IMG_9236 (resized).jpgIMG_9236 (resized).jpgIMG_9237 (resized).jpgIMG_9237 (resized).jpg
#9314 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Would any PREMIUM or LE Owners like an Anti-Airball Plastic? I ended up with two...
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just picked up a premium and have not put many games on it yet. Is this a mod most folks would recommend?

#9315 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I just picked up a premium and have not put many games on it yet. Is this a mod most folks would recommend?

I have owned both an LE and a Premium... for me, in both cases it was immediately obvious that I needed one. I would get a ton of air balls off the target right under the Tie Fighter.

#9316 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I have owned both an LE and a Premium... for me, in both cases it was immediately obvious that I needed one. I would get a ton of air balls off the target right under the Tie Fighter.

Thanks! I will shoot you a pm.

#9318 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I did a lot of tinkering with that gate, and I still feel like I was getting some unfair rejects from good shots. I've only tested your spacer a few times, but it seems like it's done the trick! Thanks for posting the file!

#9319 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Yeah...I had a airball smash my tie fighter into 3 pieces. $70 part plus shipping from stern so don’t want to replace frequently.

#9320 3 years ago

Has anyone installed the tie fighter spring cover mod from mezelmods on their machine ? I’m having some issues with mine. Instructions are kind of confusing on this one.

#9321 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah...I had a airball smash my tie fighter into 3 pieces. $70 part plus shipping from stern so don’t want to replace frequently.

Shit i can 3d print one for 69$ lol

#9322 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I did a lot of tinkering with that gate, and I still feel like I was getting some unfair rejects from good shots. I've only tested your spacer a few times, but it seems like it's done the trick! Thanks for posting the file!

Good to hear that is a functional part and not me just making up BS in my head.

#9323 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Has anyone installed the tie fighter spring cover mod from mezelmods on their machine ? I’m having some issues with mine. Instructions are kind of confusing on this one.

I have it on my machine but don’t recall anything out of sorts with the install. I can take some pics if it will help.

#9324 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Assuming this is the same cover you are talking about... you should just be able to bend the tie fighter back to get access to the 1/4 Hex bolt that is holding the assembly on.

IMG_9255 (resized).jpgIMG_9255 (resized).jpgIMG_9253 (resized).jpgIMG_9253 (resized).jpgIMG_9254 (resized).jpgIMG_9254 (resized).jpg
#9325 3 years ago

When I went to reassemble the tie fighter , it seemed like the alignment was off. Like it was off to the right too close to the mini lcd screen.

#9326 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

When I went to reassemble the tie fighter , it seemed like the alignment was off. Like it was off to the right too close to the mini lcd screen.

Did you accidentally flip the spring upside down? I think if reinstalled upside down it can change the angle of the tie fighter.

#9327 3 years ago

Hey All. I recently achieved the Grand Champion spot on my Pro machine at home. It bumped the other GC score to #1. The next day I power on my machine and the only remaining score is my GC. All other scores were reset to defaults.

Has anyone else ever had an issue like this on Star Wars? (Or any Stern machine, I suppose.)

#9328 3 years ago
Quoted from Ssoltero:

Hey All. I recently achieved the Grand Champion spot on my Pro machine at home. It bumped the other GC score to #1. The next day I power on my machine and the only remaining score is my GC. All other scores were reset to defaults.
Has anyone else ever had an issue like this on Star Wars? (Or any Stern machine, I suppose.)

There is a setting to reset scores after a specified number of plays. That is likely what was triggered.

#9329 3 years ago

I need some help:

All of a sudden I am getting a message on start up Node board 8 not located. The Left Half the gi is out and the lower half of the playfield inserts are out. Also if you try to start a game it does a ball search twice and doesn't find the balls which are all in the trough.

Any ideas? I looked at what I think is node board eight and everything looks ok to me?

#9330 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

There is a setting to reset scores after a specified number of plays. That is likely what was triggered.

Oh. Wow. How about that! It defaults to 2000.

Is this just a personal preference? Seems odd to me that you would ever want to reset your scores. I guess it kinda makes sense for a public machine.

Thanks, DudeRegular.

#9331 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

I need some help:
All of a sudden I am getting a message on start up Node board 8 not located. The Left Half the gi is out and the lower half of the playfield inserts are out. Also if you try to start a game it does a ball search twice and doesn't find the balls which are all in the trough.
Any ideas? I looked at what I think is node board eight and everything looks ok to me?

Unplug connectors and then reconnect everything. Make sure the coin door is closed when you power up if your game has the switch on the door.

#9332 3 years ago
Quoted from Ssoltero:

Oh. Wow. How about that! It defaults to 2000.
Is this just a personal preference? Seems odd to me that you would ever want to reset your scores. I guess it kinda makes sense for a public machine.
Thanks, DudeRegular.

Totally owner preference in a home environment. On location it makes sense to give players something to go for.

#9333 3 years ago

Hey, I recently got into Pinball. I have Jurassic Park, Deadpool and Elvira. I LOVE the Star Wars movies. I was planning on getting the Star Wars pin as my first ever Pin but multiple people convinced me that it wasn't 'as good' as the above three. I wanted to get your opinion. What are the shortcomings of the Star Wars Pin? I heard that it is extremely difficult to tell what you have to do next, very hard to hit the final Death Star shot, and relies too heavily on the movie scenes (which I love!) but that you cant see them anyway while playing. I just wanted to get some opinions from people who obviously love the game. Thanks guys!

#9334 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey, I recently got into Pinball. I have Jurassic Park, Deadpool and Elvira. I LOVE the Star Wars movies. I was planning on getting the Star Wars pin as my first ever Pin but multiple people convinced me that it wasn't 'as good' as the above three. I wanted to get your opinion. What are the shortcomings of the Star Wars Pin? I heard that it is extremely difficult to tell what you have to do next, very hard to hit the final Death Star shot, and relies too heavily on the movie scenes (which I love!) but that you cant see them anyway while playing. I just wanted to get some opinions from people who obviously love the game. Thanks guys!

Get the games you want, not what some other dude wants. Specifically on Star Wars, the theme integration is really well done. Sounds and video are really nice. The plunge gets some flack (rightfully so honestly), but you can overcome that with soft plunges and proper game setup.

I am having fun learning the rules. It still feels like a Steve Ritchie game. You can back hand the ramps. It plays fast. If you want it get it. You can always change your mind and get something else.

#9335 3 years ago

You really need to play them yourself. We all have different opinions of what we like and what we don't like. I own a SW pro and love it. I have owned a JP and DP in the past, and they both moved on (though DP will be back someday). Most people praise JP as one of the best ever made. I personally would take SW all day every day over it. It all comes down to personal preference.

As for difficult to tell what to do next, that's pure BS. The base rules of SW are super easy to understand, and the game makes it very clear what it wants you to shoot. Even the multiplier system, which is what most people would rather whine about than learn how to use, is super simple. I find JP much less intuitive overall. Yes, the Death Star is a hard shot, but no harder than many of the shots in JP really. I've never heard of the movie scenes as being a negative against SW...I think most people would point to it as an example of how to use movie clips effectively. The theme integration, at least from a software side, is second to none in my opinion. Every mode is unique and uses the move assets perfectly.

I love SW. I wouldn't say it's the best game ever made, but it's definitely in my top 10...maybe top 5. That is going to be different for every person though. You really need to play it first, preferably somewhere that it's set up well and you can give it a fair shake before deciding. Best of luck!

#9336 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You really need to play them yourself. We all have different opinions of what we like and what we don't like. I own a SW pro and love it. I have owned a JP and DP in the past, and they both moved on (though DP will be back someday). Most people praise JP as one of the best ever made. I personally would take SW all day every day over it. It all comes down to personal preference.
As for difficult to tell what to do next, that's pure BS. The base rules of SW are super easy to understand, and the game makes it very clear what it wants you to shoot. Even the multiplier system, which is what most people would rather whine about than learn how to use, is super simple. I find JP much less intuitive overall. Yes, the Death Star is a hard shot, but no harder than many of the shots in JP really. I've never heard of the movie scenes as being a negative against SW...I think most people would point to it as an example of how to use movie clips effectively. The theme integration, at least from a software side, is second to none in my opinion. Every mode is unique and uses the move assets perfectly.
I love SW. I wouldn't say it's the best game ever made, but it's definitely in my top 10...maybe top 5. That is going to be different for every person though. You really need to play it first, preferably somewhere that it's set up well and you can give it a fair shake before deciding. Best of luck!

I have an LE and Jediturtle has nailed it on the head. I concur with his thoughts completely. Code is not difficult to understand at all, has both breadth and depth, and is explained nicely on the screen in most cases. Excellent theme integration, sound effects, lighting, and call outs. If you love Star Wars as a theme, its a no-brainer IMO.

#9337 3 years ago

I played this machine for the first time a year ago when we when to Disney World and it was in the resort arcade open 24h a day. One week there but only spent the last 2 days playing it and had a blast. Picked one up a few weeks ago and don't regret it. I never fully understood the rules in Disney world but now that it is in my hands I am understanding more every day. Biggest thing is using the shot multiplier, if your not moving it around and utilizing it you can be tossing the ball around for some time and score next to nothing. Having to take your hand off the flipper to turn the multiplier on and off and shoot tie fighters all the time gets me flaying around at times and I completely miss a ball and let it drain. Its aggravating but fun.

Not a huge score but working my way up slowly.

IMG_1105 (resized).JPGIMG_1105 (resized).JPG
#9338 3 years ago

Its my first modern pin and I love it. The multiplier feature is a ball drainer for sure if you are putting any focus on, which I love because it really makes you work for extra points. Out lanes are hungry.

#9339 3 years ago
Quoted from Ssoltero:

Its my first modern pin and I love it. The multiplier feature is a ball drainer for sure if you are putting any focus on, which I love because it really makes you work for extra points. Out lanes are hungry.

That's one of my favorite parts about the game...it is LOADED with risk/reward decisions. You can completely ignore the multipliers and still progress happily through the game all the way to the Emperor and have a great time. But if you want the big points, you need to take the risk of moving that multiplier around and keeping it from expiring. Same could be said for Tie Fighters. Do you want to take your hand off the flipper in order to bash them during the hurry-up and get to multiball quicker, or play it safe and collect them more slowly as you play. So much strategy if you choose to dig deep...but you can ignore all that and just have fun if you choose.

#9340 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Unplug connectors and then reconnect everything. Make sure the coin door is closed when you power up if your game has the switch on the door.

ok i will try tonight then report back in!
Thanks
AJB

#9341 3 years ago

Can these Stern displays act as a monitor and display something else if fed an signal?

#9342 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Can these Stern displays act as a monitor and display something else if fed an signal?

The back box monitor does not have conventional inputs but a motivated person could "splice" in something. The small display on the StarWars playfield is HDMI though.

#9343 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks guys! I LOVE JP. Lots of strategy involved and plays more like an RPG than a fast pinball game. I have just heard a lot of negatives about SW so was a little nervous. A lot of the complaints had to do with the action button during the tie fighter scenes. So that makes sense. Are there any mods you'd recommend?

#9344 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

unplugged and plugged back in everything on the game multiple times both with power on and power off. no changes...

here's a photo of what's going on

20200916_193025 (resized).jpg20200916_193025 (resized).jpg
#9345 3 years ago

Anyone use these? Do they really not leave any residue? How do they stick? I have a SW Pro on order (well backorder). Can't wait!

Screenshot_20200916-215902_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200916-215902_Chrome (resized).jpg
#9346 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

unplugged and plugged back in everything on the game multiple times both with power on and power off. no changes...
here's a photo of what's going on [quoted image]

Sometimes the most obvious solution is the actual problem. It sounds like node board 8 failed. Be carefull with your troubleshooting. Pulling cables hot is usually a bad thing. I see you have other Spike 2 games. Swap the node board between games to see if that is the problem.

#9347 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

I need some help:

You can swap node 8 and 9 within the same machine, just change the dip switches on each board, and see if the problem moves. But it sounds like your node 8 died.

If node 8 is bad, hit up Borygard - he can repair them in many cases.

#9348 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Get the games you want, not what some other dude wants. Specifically on Star Wars, the theme integration is really well done. Sounds and video are really nice. The plunge gets some flack (rightfully so honestly), but you can overcome that with soft plunges and proper game setup.
I am having fun learning the rules. It still feels like a Steve Ritchie game. You can back hand the ramps. It plays fast. If you want it get it. You can always change your mind and get something else.

This. I have Jp, star wars, hobbit and tspp. Star wars gets the majority of my plays. Its deep brutal and quick. If youre a big fan, the theme will win it over for you. Destroying death star on the premium/LE, escape from Boba modes are better "moments" then many of the top 10 games.

#9349 3 years ago

So I ordered the stern slide brackets from PL, and so far the install looks pretty straightforward. But in the instructions, it says to hammer in the t-nuts on the top of the playfield. Whereas I think it would look better if it was hammered in on the underside of the playfield. What did you all do for your install?

#9350 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I ordered the stern slide brackets from PL, and so far the install looks pretty straightforward. But in the instructions, it says to hammer in the t-nuts on the top of the playfield. Whereas I think it would look better if it was hammered in on the underside of the playfield. What did you all do for your install?

They might look better but could easily be pulled out. You want them on top so the playfield is sandwiched between the t-nut and the slide bracket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/187?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.