IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 301.
#9251 3 years ago

Has anyone tried installing the support slide bracket kit from pinball life to replace the service pegs? I traded my ST for this machine and those pegs suck. I wanna convert them. How hard is it with that kit?

#9252 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Has anyone tried installing the support slide bracket kit from pinball life to replace the service pegs? I traded my ST for this machine and those pegs suck. I wanna convert them. How hard is it with that kit?

Not hard at all. You pre-drill a few holes, screw in the new service rails. You don’t even need to remove the stock pegs, just take the rubber pieces off them.

#9253 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I’m not sure how to word this correctly, but on my machine , I almost always exclusively use the action button to start a game or to launch the ball. When I start a game with the action button, it somehow advances your choices shown on the LCD screen by going down one spot. It’s super annoying and I don’t
Think it’s supposed to happen like that ?anyone here have any solution to that or is that normal ? I got my game used so I’m in the “discovery” phase so to speak.

Interesting. My machine does this as well and I use the Start button.

#9254 3 years ago

Did a little vid to show the differences.

#9255 3 years ago

So when playing yesterday I noticed a large ant of balls actually jumping over the in lane and into the out lane just before the flippers. Have others installed the additional layer of lane guides similar to what DE Jurassic park uses ?

#9256 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Did a little vid to show the differences.

Looks great! Are you willing to share the file, would love to print some for mine.

#9257 3 years ago

For the Han Solo missions, where is the escape from boba fett lit? I can’t seem to find it on the PF

#9258 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

For the Han Solo missions, where is the escape from boba fett lit? I can’t seem to find it on the PF

There isn't a specific shot. White shots advance to it. Once you get enough white shots, it'll start instantly, iirc

#9259 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

When you say reload the code, do you mean just do a normal software update as I would do if there was an update ? I’m not sure how to go about reloading code

No - You want to do a complete re-image. You do that by doing a SD card image. Here is the link from the Stern website.

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#9260 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I’m not sure how to word this correctly, but on my machine , I almost always exclusively use the action button to start a game or to launch the ball. When I start a game with the action button, it somehow advances your choices shown on the LCD screen by going down one spot. It’s super annoying and I don’t
Think it’s supposed to happen like that ?anyone here have any solution to that or is that normal ? I got my game used so I’m in the “discovery” phase so to speak.

Mine does this with the start and action button.

#9261 3 years ago

Here’s another question : is there anything in the audits to tell me what the lifetime plays are?

#9262 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Here’s another question : is there anything in the audits to tell me what the lifetime plays are?

I believe these get wiped everytime the code is updated.

#9263 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

I believe these get wiped everytime the code is updated.

Really? That doesn’t make any sense.

#9264 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Really? That doesn’t make any sense.

Yes. For newer Stern games, there is a true lifetime counter that can't be reset, but not Star Wars. The lifetime cash / coin in can't be reset however. So you can know if it spent time on location.

#9265 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. For newer Stern games, there is a true lifetime counter that can't be reset, but not Star Wars. The lifetime cash / coin in can't be reset however. So you can know if it spent time on location.

Well, to be clear, it CAN be reset, it's just not publicly shared information.

#9266 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

....and that should not be!

#9267 3 years ago

Number of plays should be like the odometer of a car. Never to be tampered with.

#9268 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Number of plays should be like the odometer of a car. Never to be tampered with.

It should be.

#9269 3 years ago

Hi. I have a SW premium. Sometimes when I get the ball into the hyper loop, it will roll back out down the playfield, the flippers become
disabled, and Han says “it’s not my fault.” Why?!? Please help

Thanks
Darren

#9270 3 years ago
Quoted from DarrenNichols:

Hi. I have a SW premium. Sometimes when I get the ball into the hyper loop, it will roll back out down the playfield, the flippers become
disabled, and Han says “it’s not my fault.” Why?!? Please help
Thanks
Darren

When it's been reported before, it was when Hyperloop overlaps with the selection of a new mission. It's basically a bug. Maybe Xaqery will release a code fix sometime in the future that fixes it.

#9271 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

do tell!

#9272 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Can you please share the files on thingiverse or somewhere? For my LE I'd love to get this printed on this side of the world

Quoted from wolffcub:

Got a pro on Thursday so I’m part of this club now ! Not even Set up and played for 24h and I’m off doing things.
I noticed playing in the dark room that the location inserts (hoth, death star, etc) when lit would also lightly light the adjacent I, II and III inserts and this would happen vise versa.
So in goes my solution. Did a little clicking in solidworks and this popped out. Unscrew the board, sandwich in the light baffle and presto! No more indirect lighting of the inserts.
Same unit works on all 4 locations with no machine alterations. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Helo sharing is caring !

#9273 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Helo sharing is caring !

I just requested a quote from a Plastic processor to laser cut heat resistant foam in this shape. By chance the plastic processor has a huge thing for pinball and understands exactly what it is for... One way or another this will be the cheaper solution, so once it's done I'll update here and potentially organize a collective order or something.
In case I do get my hands on the file he uses to make them, I am going to share it free of charge.

#9274 3 years ago

I will post the .stl file up later today. If some don't have access to a 3d printer i can possibly print out a set and ship them for a reasonable price.

#9275 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I will post the .stl file up later today. If some don't have access to a 3d printer i can possibly print out a set and ship them for a reasonable price.

I’d be interested

#9276 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Thank you

#9277 3 years ago

I see that places like Marco sell side blade art in packs of 6. Does anyone who bought the pack possibly want to sell a pair of the ones they are not using?

#9278 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I see that places like Marco sell side blade art in packs of 6. Does anyone who bought the pack possibly want to sell a pair of the ones they are not using?

I've seen a few up on ebay from time to time. Maybe try a wanted ad on pinside?

#9279 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I see that places like Marco sell side blade art

In case it doesn't work you could give mirror blades a thought. They are generally overused but go ridiculously well on this machine.

#9280 3 years ago

Pingraffix has some good ones.

#9281 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Not sure that you can attach an STL file to a Pinside post. I'd be interested in a copy if you could email it or posted up to thingiverse.

#9282 3 years ago

Side question. On my pro the gate on the left loop rejects ball entry almost all the time, even with a clean direct hit. It almost like the gate locks up and rejects the ball back down. The wire form hangs free and has no binding. It even seems to swing freely when I use my finger to side load it and try to swing it, but during play the ball seems to just bounce right back most of the time. I am going to try to set up my camera and record it next time I play and try to do a replay and slow it down to see whats possibly causing this.

At first i thought it was possibly because the gate seems to be set so that there is a large gap between it and the adjacent stand up, and i thought the ball was possibly entering from the gap and wedging itself quickly between the gate wire and the stand up. I made a minor adjustment that allowed me to change the angle of the gate a bit to close up that gap and it still rejects the ball more often than not when getting a direct hit.

Anyone else have this issue, or know why it happens sop much?

#9283 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Side question. On my pro the gate on the left loop rejects ball entry almost all the time, even with a clean direct hit. It almost like the gate locks up and rejects the ball back down. The wire form hangs free and has no binding. It even seems to swing freely when I use my finger to side load it and try to swing it, but during play the ball seems to just bounce right back most of the time. I am going to try to set up my camera and record it next time I play and try to do a replay and slow it down to see whats possibly causing this.
At first i thought it was possibly because the gate seems to be set so that there is a large gap between it and the adjacent stand up, and i thought the ball was possibly entering from the gap and wedging itself quickly between the gate wire and the stand up. I made a minor adjustment that allowed me to change the angle of the gate a bit to close up that gap and it still rejects the ball more often than not when getting a direct hit.
Anyone else have this issue, or know why it happens sop much?

Are you saying that a clean shot through the left loop (the Death Star shot) is not making it all the way through when the shot is not lit? or the ball is not getting locked in by the posts when the shot is lit? Either way i've never experienced a problem like this on the game with the left loop. Where i would every once in a while get a reject which is common on the Star Wars Pro models is the right loop (Hoth shot) when lit to start Video Mode, or pick a mode, etc. Sometimes if you shot the Hoth shot too fast/hard, the timing on the post wasnt quick enough to trap the ball in there. I've seen this on Premium/LEs as well. Stern adjusted the timing on this a bit with some of the past code updates and it was much better afterwards.

In the case of the left loop (Death Star shot), check to see that the two posts that raise up to trap the ball are level with the playfield when they are not engaged. Again, I've never had a problem with this, but its possible something shifted when it was being transported. Also check the pitch of the game, should be dialed in at 6.5. Seeing the video would be helpful. I'm sure whatever the issue is will be a super easy adjustment.

#9284 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Are you saying that a clean shot through the left loop (the Death Star shot) is not making it all the way through when the shot is not lit? or the ball is not getting locked in by the posts when the shot is lit? Either way i've never experienced a problem like this on the game with the left loop. Where i would every once in a while get a reject which is common on the Star Wars Pro models is the right loop (Hoth shot) when lit to start Video Mode, or pick a mode, etc. Sometimes if you shot the Hoth shot too fast/hard, the timing on the post wasnt quick enough to trap the ball in there. I've seen this on Premium/LEs as well. Stern adjusted the timing on this a bit with some of the past code updates and it was much better afterwards.
In the case of the left loop (Death Star shot), check to see that the two posts that raise up to trap the ball are level with the playfield when they are not engaged. Again, I've never had a problem with this, but its possible something shifted when it was being transported. Also check the pitch of the game, should be dialed in at 6.5. Seeing the video would be helpful. I'm sure whatever the issue is will be a super easy adjustment.

Its not the locking posts that move vertical. Its the hanging wire gate at the death star left loop entance that seems to very frequently reject the ball from passing thru it. Almost like the gate when hit hard and fast seems to not want to swing back allowing the ball to pass thru. I figure it has to be possibly be binding somehow but being that it happens so fast its a bit hard to pick up on the exact issue.

#9286 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Its not the locking posts that move vertical. Its the hanging wire gate at the death star left loop entance that seems to very frequently reject the ball from passing thru it. Almost like the gate when hit hard and fast seems to not want to swing back allowing the ball to pass thru. I figure it has to be possibly be binding somehow but being that it happens so fast its a bit hard to pick up on the exact issue.

Ah, Ok. I would check that the lever on the switch for the gate is on the right side of the wire. The gate wire should be on top of the lever on the switch. Sometimes they can get flipped and that might possibly cause the binding. Also, check that the lever on the switch is moving freely. if its getting bound it could cause the wire to not swing enough. Double check the pitch as well, always worked nice for me, but hard to say if the machine was out a half degree, might make all the difference.

StarWars (resized).jpegStarWars (resized).jpeg
#9287 3 years ago

And when it gets rejected is not like the ball enters the mouth then just rattles its self and then rolls out. It acts like its hitting a stand up and just being ricocheted back hard when its clearly hitting the gate.

I checked the switch and adjustment and all still seems fine. The switch activates properly and not prematurely or late as the ball gets moved under it. swing it with the finger it swings clear of the ball in both directions very easily.

One thing i did think of last night in bed looking at the ceiling was that the bottom of the wire gate (the horizontal part) is very low and is below ball center. I wonder if for some reason it might be the ball is actually getting hung up in it when you get a fast direct shot and its possibly acting like a swing and catching the ball and binding up, or am I crazy?

#9288 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

One thing i did think of last night in bed looking at the ceiling was that the bottom of the wire gate (the horizontal part) is very low and is below ball center. I wonder if for some reason it might be the ball is actually getting hung up in it when you get a fast direct shot and its possibly acting like a swing and catching the ball and binding up, or am I crazy?

That theory sounds plausible to me, maybe the wire gate needs to be bent in a bit so the opening is not wider than a ball. I've also seen gate covers for sale by Mezelmods that have the rebel alliance or empire logos on them specifically for these types of gates (https://mezelmods.com/collections/star-wars-stern/products/star-wars-pinball-gate-assembly-covers?variant=42269466888), guessing if that's the problem this would help eliminate it completely. You can probably bang something out on your 3D printer for this in the meantime.

#9289 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

That theory sounds plausible to me, maybe the wire gate needs to be bent in a bit so the opening is not wider than a ball. I've also seen gate covers for sale by Mezelmods that have the rebel alliance or empire logos on them specifically for these types of gates (https://mezelmods.com/collections/star-wars-stern/products/star-wars-pinball-gate-assembly-covers?variant=42269466888), guessing if that's the problem this would help eliminate it completely. You can probably bang something out on your 3D printer for this in the meantime.

lol so you have seen the light baffles. I like to drown myself in figuring out solutions for ridiculous things.

#9290 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

lol so you have seen the light baffles. I like to drown myself in figuring out solutions for ridiculous things.

I actually want the game back now so I can install the light baffles myself! haha

#9291 3 years ago

Invite is open for anytime you are near St. Albert

#9292 3 years ago

Yesterday I re-evaluated all the insert lighting on the playfield and found 5 other areas affected by light leaking. The FORCE letters and the adjacent lightsaber duel insert experience it, as do all the scenario inserts (Hoth, Death Star, Endor and Tatwienie) with the adjacent arrow inserts. I finished the new baffle design yesterday for the force drops and just need to finish up something for the other 4 scenario inserts.

I will be putting all these together as a kit once they are all finished, test fitted and adjusted to ensure they fit with no issues.

The kit will include

-4 separate identical baffles for the playfield centre inserts and their corresponding I,II,II inserts
-1 baffle for the force drop target / Lightsaber duel insert
-1 baffle for the Tatooine and adjacent arrow insert
-1 baffle for the Death Star / Endor / Hoth inserts and their adjacent arrow inserts

No modifications or additional items are required to install these items.
Existing mounting hardware is fully utilized.
Once installed baffles are almost fully hidden and do not change the cosmetics of the underside of the playfield.
All baffles are 3D printed in Black colour filament.
Baffles do not make direct contact with existing lighting boards so there is no issue of possible rubbing damage due to playfield vibrations.

Added over 4 years ago:

The kit parts have been revised. Please see my more current post from Sept 13, 2020 on the revisions.

#9293 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Yesterday I re-evaluated all the insert lighting on the playfield and found 5 other areas affected by light leaking. The FORCE letters and the adjacent lightsaber duel insert experience it, as do all the scenario inserts (Hoth, Death Star, Endor and Tatwienie) with the adjacent arrow inserts. I finished the new baffle design yesterday for the force drops and just need to finish up something for the other 4 scenario inserts.
I will be putting all these together as a kit once they are all finished, test fitted and adjusted to ensure they fit with no issues.
The kit will include
-4 separate identical baffles for the playfield centre inserts and their corresponding I,II,II inserts
-1 baffle for the force drop target / Lightsaber duel insert
-1 baffle for the Tatooine and adjacent arrow insert
-1 baffle for the Death Star / Endor / Hoth inserts and their adjacent arrow inserts
No modifications or additional items are required to install these items.
Existing mounting hardware is fully utilized.
Once installed baffles are almost fully hidden and do not change the cosmetics of the underside of the playfield.
All baffles are 3D printed in Black colour filament.
Baffles do not make direct contact with existing lighting boards so there is no issue of possible rubbing damage due to playfield vibrations.

Sign me up. Just got a premium non comic last weekend. Still figuring out mods etc.

The hyperspace loop shot seemed much easier first few plays, now seems more difficult. thoughts. ?

#9294 3 years ago

Oh in regards to my bellyaching about the death star loop, I printed a 1/8" spacer to go under the gate mounting face to raised it up a bit. Seems that the issue is now almost non existent after putting about 15 games on it last night.

#9295 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Oh in regards to my bellyaching about the death star loop, I printed a 1/8" spacer to go under the gate mounting face to raised it up a bit. Seems that the issue is now almost non existent after putting about 15 games on it last night.

sign me up for that too lol

#9296 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Do you have the file link?

#9297 3 years ago

Been playing a bunch of the Tony Hawk remake recently and it reminded me of where my love of big multipliers came from. Star Wars is pretty much the Tony Hawks Pro Skater of pinball. Love it!

#9298 3 years ago

Is it ok to use Ninja pinballs on a SW pro?

#9299 3 years ago

No magnets, yes.

#9300 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I will be putting all these together as a kit

Can you PLEASE upload this somewhere or alternatively say if you won't. Both is fair game, but at this point there are people waiting for the files based on your previous statement and it would be really nice to know if to wait for it or write it off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/186?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.