20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 300.
#9151 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Many prem/LE owners will balk at this, but the pro really is a good option. I've played multiple prem/LEs and the hyperloop is a decent gimmick, but to me it doesn't outweigh the issues it causes. The Death Star shot is hard enough without adding a 50% reject rate into the mix, plus the forks kill the flow of the Hoth shot since they can't drop out of the way fast enough. On the pro, both shots are always smooth as butter, 100% of the time. I personally wouldn't trade that for the ability to watch a ball zoom around a racetrack a few times. I also love how the pro handles Hyperspace multiball, with needing to smack the captured ball out of the horseshoe and then lock another one in there. It's a great feeling shot, and still feels special and different than other multiballs. Opinions definitely vary on that, but I would urge you not to overlook the pro. It's an awesome, vastly underrated game either way.

I've had premiums and pros. For me it's just really hard to justify the extra 2k for a game unless it's really worth it. The one game I bought in on the Premium was ACDC. Know what? If I were going to buy another ACDC (I might, that game was great), I'd probably get a pro. I started to avoid the modes that brought you into the lower PF.

I own a SW pro, I've never really felt like I was missing out on something on this particular title.

#9152 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. I wouldn't mind if the shot was 50%. I'm at about 20% of good clean shots. Not to mention the ones I brick.

There's nothing wrong with pros. But, I'm usually a premium/LE guy. I will have to put some time in on a pro.

#9153 3 years ago

Might be getting a premium. Looked in this thread and 0 relevant key posts. Shame, OP!

Went through the last 10 pages, what do I need to know other than make sure it's at 6.5? Does the hyperloop magnetize chrome pinballs?

#9154 3 years ago

Was lucky to find an el light set for the siderails

Looks really good, especially in dark rooms

FCA69DE7-AF43-4842-A218-BC805098DEF3 (resized).jpegFCA69DE7-AF43-4842-A218-BC805098DEF3 (resized).jpeg
#9155 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Might be getting a premium. Looked in this thread and 0 relevant key posts. Shame, OP!
Went through the last 10 pages, what do I need to know other than make sure it's at 6.5? Does the hyperloop magnetize chrome pinballs?

I tried using Chrome pinballs and they got magnetized fairly quickly.

#9156 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought I hated Star Wars. Turns out, I just hated the Pro. Got a Premium to make color brackets and loved it. Even when the machine is set up right (and it's very finicky) that death star shot is tough to make consistently, but that's what makes it a rush - the tension to keep making the shot to load the hyperloop in a short period of time is completely missing from the Pro and is one of the best things about the machine.

While I have a tough time understanding how one gimmick can turn hate into love on a machine, I respect your opinion and I'm glad you found a version you like. The hyperloop really seems to make the game for a lot of people, and that's cool. This is one of those situations where it's nice to have options and something for everyone. I think it's a great full package game either way. The code and theme integration are awesome and really pull me into the world. Total adrenaline rush.

#9157 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Only other issue I had besides leveling was to adjust the ball save arm that feeds back to the shooter lane. It was stuck open and the screw holding it on under the playfield needed to be loosened up.

You may need to make adjustments to your Death Star ramp, there are several posts covering that issue.

I see outlane drain complaints where people are installing posts or adjusting the outlane posts, I have not had that problem.

Seems to be unique to my machine, but balls were hopping out of the left ramp at the return and jumping into the outlane. Had to get a new left wireform ramp due to a bad weld.

#9158 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I've had the Comic Premium since May, haven't changed out the stock Stern balls that came with it, and have had zero issues.

#9159 3 years ago

I got a 10" polk woofer hooked up now, sounds awesome. I love this game.

#9160 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

While I have a tough time understanding how one gimmick can turn hate into love on a machine

Dunno. Probably the same way I don't care for Elmo, but in certain cases that opinion changes when there's a gimmick attached.

Gimmicks sell.

Elmo.gifElmo.gif
#9161 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Was lucky to find an el light set for the siderails
Looks really good, especially in dark rooms
[quoted image]

Looks great! Is this the one that looks tan when off?

#9162 3 years ago

This is it what it looks like when it’s off

E553F3A1-7672-4AFA-A2C9-6BFC0D4ABA6E (resized).jpegE553F3A1-7672-4AFA-A2C9-6BFC0D4ABA6E (resized).jpeg
#9163 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I haven’t played my Star Wars In a long time but I’m having fun . Playing as solo is much easier I think ?

I recently dusted mine off too and I'm having a blast with it. Upping my skills on Wonka then coming back to SW is a whole new game.

#9164 3 years ago

More mini-LCD screen issues...

I have a Star Wars PREM. The CN10 socket (HDMI to the mini LCD screen) on the main CPU board has come loose from the main board. It's not totally separated from the board, but it is not secure. In the past I had noticed that the mini screen would boot up "white," without showing the display as normal. Other times the screen would come up just fine. As of today, i doesn't even come up white.

In tracing back the cables from the screen is where I noticed that the C10 connector is loose. The leads look like they may still be connected, but are bent. The four corners of the connector are not attached to the board at all.

What are my options for getting this fixed? It is years out of warranty. I sent a note to Stern support. Any other suggestions?

021 (2) (resized).JPG021 (2) (resized).JPG

IMG_0422 (resized).jpgIMG_0422 (resized).jpgIMG_0423 (resized).jpgIMG_0423 (resized).jpg
#9165 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

More mini-LCD screen issues...
I have a Star Wars PREM. The CN10 socket (HDMI to the mini LCD screen) on the main CPU board has come loose from the main board. It's not totally separated from the board, but it is not secure. In the past I had noticed that the mini screen would boot up "white," without showing the display as normal. Other times the screen would come up just fine. As of today, i doesn't even come up white.
In tracing back the cables from the screen is where I noticed that the C10 connector is loose. The leads look like they may still be connected, but are bent. The four corners of the connector are not attached to the board at all.
What are my options for getting this fixed? It is years out of warranty. I sent a note to Stern support. Any other suggestions?
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like it just needs a couple dots of solder to be good again. If you don't want to do it yourself, you can send it out to pinsiders like Borygard who does node board repairs and he should get ya going again.

#9166 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like it just needs a couple dots of solder to be good again. If you don't want to do it yourself, you can send it out to pinsiders like borygard who does node board repairs and he should get ya going again.

Thanks for the info. I couldn't get a good picture of the actual connecting pins into the board - but some of them look bent (maybe broken). I'm not sure that just soldering the feet of the connector is all that needs to happen. I'm thinking the whole connector and pins may need to be replaced. Anyway, I'll reach out to borygard. Thanks again!!

#9167 3 years ago

Anyone have any leftover art blades from their 6 pack? I saw the ones on the marketplace but I was curious if any of the others were available and not over half the price for only two.

Thanks

#9168 3 years ago

Is that a good score ??

50E8E8EC-1F09-40FD-B468-B972A63585D0 (resized).jpeg50E8E8EC-1F09-40FD-B468-B972A63585D0 (resized).jpeg
#9169 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is that a good score ??

It beats my best of 12 billion-ish, so I would say yes.

#9170 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well I got the opto and installed it - not a bad mount system, pretty easy to do. I was excited to think the problem was solved...then it came back.
I wiggled my finger in the opto beam during switch test and it came back after twiddling it many times...but it's clearly very intermittent at best.
What's next? Node 9?

To close this out - I swapped the two node boards and the problem went away. So it was either something unseated, or perhaps CN11 Pin 10 input on the board that is more receptive to a dead physical short from the right scoop than it was from the opto response. Weird, but the game is working great.

#9171 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I thought I did well with 2.5B, well done

#9172 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It was a blast to play. The sound is so great with the Kenwood backbox speaker and ff sub that I feel I was in between. The Lightshow is also excellent . Really underrated machine

#9173 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Really underrated machine

I can't argue with you there. I love mine.

#9174 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I can't argue with you there. I love mine.

Me too, but there are a lot of people that don’t

#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Me too, but there are a lot of people that don’t

Mine has been idle for a year or two but I'm interested in it all over again, and appreciating the flow. I also appreciate the controversial multiplier system - as much I dread that WHUPWHUPWHUP I do love when a well-juiced and well-placed multiplier pays out!

I agree that the machine is underrated. It doesn't have a lot of toys but it has really great shots and gameplay. The animations are also quite good as are the assets (video and audio.) I even like the art package.

#9176 3 years ago

I was back to playing mine after a hiatus and am appreciating it again as well. Unfortunately noticed that my brother-in-law somehow snuck his initials in on Luke Champion. I never play as Luke, don't like playing as Luke, but am going to play as Luke until I knock that score off.

#9177 3 years ago

My double ball lock post seem to be recessed when down about a .25 inch “. Shouldn’t them be almost level with the playfield when down? Is thereA way to bring it up when down?

4A11106F-7CC9-4F99-A1D9-2DE76E7B2532 (resized).jpeg4A11106F-7CC9-4F99-A1D9-2DE76E7B2532 (resized).jpeg
#9178 3 years ago

I would imagine there is a screw similar to drop targets to raise and lower the height.

#9179 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

My double ball lock post seem to be recessed when down about a .25 inch “. Shouldn’t them be almost level with the playfield when down? Is thereA way to bring it up when down?
[quoted image]

Mine look the same. Pretty sure that's normal. The large single post near the back of the loop is closer to flush, which makes sense as the ball rolls directly over it, unlike the double posts.

#9180 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

Tighten up the screws on the mech. Mine vibrates loose over time.

#9181 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Tighten up the screws on the mech. Mine vibrates loose over time.

Everything is tight. I guess I was just thinking it would set flush like the single post behind it

#9182 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Ok guys, just spoke to kapsreiter and even though he is sold out, he has advised that he would be happy to do another run but will need 10+ orders for it.
I’m happy to start a list and hopefully get the number so anyone interested can get one.
1- rpz
2- rum-z
3- jerickso77
4- antron77
5- waderade812
6-raiders36
7-
8-
9-
10-
May the force b with you all!
[quoted image]

#9183 3 years ago

Well... Star Wars Premium is the only game I've ever bought, sold, and bought again.
I'll have a new Premium Comic Edition with the incredibly overpriced R2D2 topper here on Sunday.

Even though I know this game makes me want to punch the glass sometimes, I'm stoked to be back in the club!

Oh Yoda, your annoying little sayings have been missed!

#9184 3 years ago

I got rid of a premium and recently bought a comic art pro. The Death Star shot was so tight on the premium and combined with the lifted forks, an impossible shot. I’m much happier with the pro because I can actually hit the shot and complete modes.

#9185 3 years ago

Any of you guys have advice on where I might find some LE siderail armor?

#9186 3 years ago

Are there cliffy protectors for this game ? I’m about to join the club and am getting a star wars pro model on Friday and I’m trying to get some mods ready for this baby. Can’t wait!

#9187 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is that a good score ??
[quoted image]

Those speaker lights look sick! Which ones did you install ? I’m getting a pro model next weekend and am looking to trick it out with some sweet mods. I already have a pinwoofer GT audio system waiting to throw in there with the upgraded 5.25 backbox speakers and 8” subwoofer

#9188 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Are there cliffy protectors for this game ? I’m about to join the club and am getting a star wars pro model on Friday and I’m trying to get some mods ready for this baby. Can’t wait!

He sells them for the shooter lane. The right scoop already has one from the factory .
Word of advice... Set your game to 6.5 only! Trust me.

#9189 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

He sells them for the shooter lane. The right scoop already has one from the factory .
Word of advice... Set your game to 6.5 only! Trust me.

Awesome! Thank you! So where are you checking the pitch from? Trough area by flippers?

#9190 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Awesome! Thank you! So where are you checking the pitch from? Trough area by flippers?

I do mine in the center of the playfield .

#9191 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Those speaker lights look sick! Which ones did you install ? I’m getting a pro model next weekend and am looking to trick it out with some sweet mods. I already have a pinwoofer GT audio system waiting to throw in there with the upgraded 5.25 backbox speakers and 8” subwoofer

These are from speakerlightkits

#9192 3 years ago

Droid restraining bolt. Do not want your game running off in Sand People country....

20200830_120552 (resized).jpg20200830_120552 (resized).jpg
#9193 3 years ago

Happy kid, happy dad!
Wow, I just love this comic art!

1598819106035 (resized).jpg1598819106035 (resized).jpg1598819080609 (resized).jpg1598819080609 (resized).jpg
#9194 3 years ago

Joined today. Love it. Had not played premium more than once and I think it adds a lot. Will be adding color speakers but not sure of what else. Any favorites?

#9195 3 years ago

Hi all. I joined this past weekend by picking up an original art premium. Thinking possibly to upgrade one day to comic art, but for now going original art helped me a lot price-wise.

Question about interior side blades, please. I searched the topic before posting, and found a bunch of posts about blades, but I didn't see one with the specific questions I have, plus photos. If there were some and I missed them, I apologize for repeating.

The question is whether anyone has installed the COMIC art blades on an ORIGINAL art machine, and if so, has photos to share of what it looks like? I fear that maybe they don't pair well? Which specific blades available out there do people generally agree look the best on the original art?

Related question: has anyone put the comic art target decals on the Force drop targets and on the tie-fighter targets under the mini-screen, and could share photos of that?

Thanks in advance!

#9196 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

Hi all. I joined this past weekend by picking up an original art premium. Thinking possibly to upgrade one day to comic art, but for now going original art helped me a lot price-wise.
Question about interior side blades, please. I searched the topic before posting, and found a bunch of posts about blades, but I didn't see one with the specific questions I have, plus photos. If there were some and I missed them, I apologize for repeating.
The question is whether anyone has installed the COMIC art blades on an ORIGINAL art machine, and if so, has photos to share of what it looks like? I fear that maybe they don't pair well? Which specific blades available out there do people generally agree look the best on the original art?
Related question: has anyone put the comic art target decals on the Force drop targets and on the tie-fighter targets under the mini-screen, and could share photos of that?
Thanks in advance!

I've got comic art on my pro. Check posting #8214.

#9197 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I've got comic art on my pro. Check posting #8214.

Thank you @mollyspub!

I did see your post from my search, but had not seen those particular blades offered anywhere currently. I like them. Are they still available -- where could I get them?

I was asking about the more recent official Stern comic art blades with the AT-ATs / Hoth on one side and the space battle on the other side.

#9198 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

Thank you mollyspub!
I did see your post from my search, but had not seen those particular blades offered anywhere currently. I like them. Are they still available -- where could I get them?
I was asking about the more recent official Stern comic art blades with the AT-ATs / Hoth on one side and the space battle on the other side.

Retro refurbs. Just note if you order from them, it may take a while from overseas with the virus .

#9199 3 years ago

Anyone here have the spotlight bracket kits from mezel mods installed? I just bought a set and was wondering how much of a difference it makes. Maybe post some pics ?

#9200 3 years ago

I just installed these today. They look absolutely fantastic. Super happy

20200831_185557 (resized).jpg20200831_185557 (resized).jpg20200831_185609 (resized).jpg20200831_185609 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/184?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.