New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 190343)

Stern STAR WARS club...May The Force Be With You

By Micky

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,425 posts
  • 649 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one are you getting.”

• Pro 143 votes
    28%
  • Premium 216 votes
    42%
  • LE 155 votes
    30%

(514 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,466 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

k1yl63x.gif
IMG_20200929_195706 (resized).jpg
Up post (resized).JPG
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200923_183324 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200923_121351 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200916-215902_Chrome (resized).jpg
20200916_193025 (resized).jpg
IMG_1105 (resized).JPG
IMG_9255 (resized).jpg
IMG_9254 (resized).jpg
IMG_9253 (resized).jpg
IMG_9237 (resized).jpg
IMG_9236 (resized).jpg
IMG_1093 (resized).JPG
IMG_1085 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9425 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 189.
#9101 56 days ago

Nope, sorry. He is in Battle over Endor and a Hoth mode though.

#9102 56 days ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I'm not that deep into the game yet, but I notice a severe lack of Lando. Someone please tell me eventually I'll here "Hello, what have we here?".

Hes definately there during death star II .. two from above!

#9103 56 days ago

Always need more Lando!

#9104 55 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I saw a YouTube video of gameplay with John Williams score how do I get that?

That’s a custom mix via Pinball Browser. Reach out to PinballMIX, for a fee he’ll do all the work for you. That video you saw was likely his, see thread below:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinball-mix-your-music-in-your-machine

#9105 55 days ago

Man I haven’t played my Star Wars In a long time but I’m having fun . Playing as solo is much easier I think ?

#9106 55 days ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I'm not that deep into the game yet, but I notice a severe lack of Lando. Someone please tell me eventually I'll here "Hello, what have we here?".

Battle over Endor is all Lando

#9107 55 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

That’s a custom mix via Pinball Browser. Reach out to PinballMIX, for a fee he’ll do all the work for you. That video you saw was likely his, see thread below:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinball-mix-your-music-in-your-machine

I chatted back and forth with him a few times but in the end I just didn't want to spend the time choosing every individual track I want to use, deciding where exactly it goes, and then uploading them all to drop box. I'd much rather pay for a JP, IM, WTD, etc. type of solution, ie just give me an awesome John Williams file to download and install. Admittedly, I'm being lazy but just didn't want to deal with all that right now with everything else I have going on.

#9108 55 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I chatted back and forth with him a few times but in the end I just didn't want to spend the time choosing every individual track I want to use, deciding where exactly it goes, and then uploading them all to drop box. I'd much rather pay for a JP, IM, WTD, etc. type of solution, ie just give me an awesome John Williams file to download and install. Admittedly, I'm being lazy but just didn't want to deal with all that right now with everything else I have going on.

That’s good to know, thanks for sharing. And I hear you, time is money. Mustang is on my short list and to enjoy that game one must change the music. I’ll keep what you said in mind. Sounds like what you need is for someone else to do it, and then they share their final bin file with you.

#9109 53 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

How much does he charge for a non.custom one? I like the one on his youtube.

#9110 53 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

How much does he charge for a non.custom one? I like the one on his youtube.

They are all custom requiring the aforementioned work, he doesn't offer an off the shelf version (at least he wouldn't to me).

#9111 53 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

They are all custom requiring the aforementioned work, he doesn't offer an off the shelf version (at least he wouldn't to me).

If you dont mind, can you PM how much yours cost?

#9112 53 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Quoted from DavidCPA:

If you dont mind, can you PM how much yours cost?

Yeah, I'd be really curious how much this service costs. I've seen his discussions before where someone just wanted what someone else had, and he refused to do anything less than a complete custom build. I love the idea of upgrading the music, but I really don't care enough about the details to want to pick every track, much less the extra cost and effort involved in doing it.

#9113 53 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah, I'd be really curious how much this service costs. I've seen his discussions before where someone just wanted what someone else had, and he refused to do anything less than a complete custom build. I love the idea of upgrading the music, but I really don't care enough about the details to want to pick every track, much less the extra cost and effort involved in doing it.

You are correct, he wouldn't. Cost for the full smash when I asked was anywhere from $225-$400 depending on the level of work.

#9114 53 days ago

Can someone help me with an airball protector install? Do I need to remove the TIE Fighter?

#9115 53 days ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Can someone help me with an airball protector install? Do I need to remove the TIE Fighter?

Pm sent

#9116 52 days ago

Hey folks, I’ve developed an intermittent issue with the opto on the right side of the inner loop. It is intermittently failing to register when the ball crosses its path, which causes failed captures and shots not registering.

I’ve not yet had to troubleshoot an opto, other than cleaning it (which I’ve already done.)

Can you give me tips on how to make this solid again?

#9117 52 days ago

Reseat the connectors and make sure it is aimed correctly. They sometimes go bad. You can try a solder reflow if nothing else works. They aren't too expensive to replace.

#9118 52 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks, I’ve developed an intermittent issue with the opto on the right side of the inner loop. It is intermittently failing to register when the ball crosses its path, which causes failed captures and shots not registering.
I’ve not yet had to troubleshoot an opto, other than cleaning it (which I’ve already done.)

I just had the left ramp opto go out on my pro,all The others worked and the opto checked out fine.i traced it to a bad node.

#9119 52 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I would check the connector under the playfield. Sometimes a flaky connection develops there. Check for tarnished pins. Also, make sure the opto is aligned perfectly with the matching one.

#9120 51 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just had the left ramp opto go out on my pro,all The others worked and the opto checked out fine.i traced it to a bad node.

Oh no!

I ordered the opto pair from PBL, can you describe how you confirmed it was the node board in the event I'm in the same boat?

#9121 51 days ago

I swapped for a new set I had.i would just wait for pinball life to arrive,I hope it is the opto.

#9122 48 days ago

Hi,

Got my LE today and have a Problem with the ball jumps over my flifis. This happen very often. Something I can do ?

I have to learn the rules, very confusing at the Moment.

The left outlane is a beast... very Short balltimes I know Play better

#9123 47 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Hi, Got my LE today

That was fast. Congratulations. After knowing and understanding the rules, it is a fun pin. This site may help https://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=880

#9124 47 days ago
Quoted from Metengo:

That was fast. Congratulations. After knowing and understanding the rules, it is a fun pin. This site may help https://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=880

Yeah :d

Thanks , i will study it.

An other problem. My deathstar Shot not always make it 100 %. Does it need a clear shot, or is there an adjustment

#9125 47 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yeah :d
Thanks , i will study it.
An other problem. My deathstar Shot not always make it 100 %. Does it need a clear shot, or is there an adjustment

It is a tough shot regardless. Much easier on the pro model. You can help it along by lowering the pitch of the game. At 6.5 degrees and higher you can only hit it with the right flipper. Anything less makes a back handed left flipper shot possible.

#9126 47 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I swapped for a new set I had.i would just wait for pinball life to arrive,I hope it is the opto.

Well I got the opto and installed it - not a bad mount system, pretty easy to do. I was excited to think the problem was solved...then it came back.

I wiggled my finger in the opto beam during switch test and it came back after twiddling it many times...but it's clearly very intermittent at best.

What's next? Node 9?

#9127 47 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well I got the opto and installed it - not a bad mount system, pretty easy to do. I was excited to think the problem was solved...then it came back.
I wiggled my finger in the opto beam during switch test and it came back after twiddling it many times...but it's clearly very intermittent at best.
What's next? Node 9?

You can swap node 8 and 9 to see if that fixes it. Just be sure to make note of the dip switches and set accordingly.

#9128 47 days ago

sirlonzelot: Ball jumping is not fixable. It is the result of the rotation of the ball when going around the orbit fast. This rotation "bites" into the flipper rubbers and basically lifts the ball over them.

The death star shot isvery difficult and even when adjusted well doesnt always make it. You can consider it set coirrectly if the ball makes it into the death star about 50% of the time when cleanlybackhanding it from the left flipper.

Pitch MUST MUST MUST be 6.5 and nothing else. I had a personal communication with Steve Ritchie in which he clearly stated that this is what is was designed for and NOTHING else.

#9129 46 days ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

sirlonzelot: Ball jumping is not fixable. It is the result of the rotation of the ball when going around the orbit fast. This rotation "bites" into the flipper rubbers and basically lifts the ball over them.
The death star shot isvery difficult and even when adjusted well doesnt always make it. You can consider it set coirrectly if the ball makes it into the death star about 50% of the time when cleanlybackhanding it from the left flipper.
Pitch MUST MUST MUST be 6.5 and nothing else. I had a personal communication with Steve Ritchie in which he clearly stated that this is what is was designed for and NOTHING else.

Ok , i set it to 6,5 and deinstall the superbands. Now it’s much better. Thanks.

Are the Star Wars LE side rails illumination kit somewhere Available ? Robert seems out of stock

#9130 46 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Ok , i set it to 6,5 and deinstall the superbands. Now it’s much better. Thanks.

I have super rings on the machine everywhere but the flippers, there I have silicone, which works well.
If you get crazy return from the lanes that don't make sense, please search my posts here, I had posted Steve Ritchie's clear statement on which shot should be returned where some time ago.

Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Are the Star Wars LE side rails illumination kit somewhere Available ? Robert seems out of stock

There were two types. One vendor had slightly pinkish ones, the other were plain bright white. Dont remember who sold the forst, but the second were the pingraffx ones. I tried contacting him as well, but he didnt make them anymore. IF you want to collect people interested and see if you can get him to make a second run, I would be in, if it is plain white while off.
Most of the time the pin is pff anyway, so that is REALLY important.

Also a self build would be interesting, if you can find white white foil. MAybe pingraffx would tell you which they got? small segments are OK IMHO, because they can be placed in a way to have the segment edges covered by the sidrail-sections that are solid.

#9131 45 days ago

Look at these guards that are on Twister. These would reduce the ball hopping over the inlanes.

image-15 (resized).jpg
#9132 44 days ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Look at these guards that are on Twister. These would reduce the ball hopping over the inlanes.
[quoted image]

I feel like my ball hop is always directly over the flippers

#9133 44 days ago

Yes, true. Someone could come up with some extra tall flipper bats.

#9134 44 days ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

I have super rings on the machine everywhere but the flippers, there I have silicone, which works well.
If you get crazy return from the lanes that don't make sense, please search my posts here, I had posted Steve Ritchie's clear statement on which shot should be returned where some time ago.

There were two types. One vendor had slightly pinkish ones, the other were plain bright white. Dont remember who sold the forst, but the second were the pingraffx ones. I tried contacting him as well, but he didnt make them anymore. IF you want to collect people interested and see if you can get him to make a second run, I would be in, if it is plain white while off.
Most of the time the pin is pff anyway, so that is REALLY important.
Also a self build would be interesting, if you can find white white foil. MAybe pingraffx would tell you which they got? small segments are OK IMHO, because they can be placed in a way to have the segment edges covered by the sidrail-sections that are solid.

I have a set, but they are the pink ones and I didnt install them .If anyone interested PM me, but I am hoping pingraffix makes another run of the plain white ones when machine is off.

#9135 44 days ago

I searched this thread and the LE problems and fixes thread but I haven't found my problem. When I hit the Left Ramp and the ball returns down the ramp, the ball will jump the end of the ramp and go over the outlane and drain. I thought I even saw a plastic guard for this, but I sure cannot find it now. Anyone else with this problem and a solution?

#9136 44 days ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I searched this thread and the LE problems and fixes thread but I haven't found my problem. When I hit the Left Ramp and the ball returns down the ramp, the ball will jump the end of the ramp and go over the outlane and drain. I thought I even saw a plastic guard for this, but I sure cannot find it now. Anyone else with this problem and a solution?

Maybe try loosening the 3 screws securing the ball return, shifting the position a bit, and tightening again?

#9137 44 days ago

Tiki Chewie and Boba Fett. Paint or just leave like this?

20200817_093653 (resized).jpg
#9138 44 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

[quoted image]

I would probably cut off the tops, make them into cups and use them for cocktails.

#9139 44 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I would probably cut off the tops, make them into cups and use them for cocktails.

https://www.geekitikis.com/collections/star-wars

#9140 44 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

[quoted image]

I'd paint them. Maybe just Boba and leave Chewie brown?

#9141 43 days ago

My SW prem occasionally has an issue in which my death star loop gets stuck up, the right upper quadrant goes dark, and the sound repeats a wooshing sound. Game keeps playing but obviously needs a manual reset. It only happens once every approx 3 hours of play. No idea how to replicate it and just lived with it for the past few months. Im still new in the hobby but i just figured out how to troubleshoot a similar issue in my TMNT pro by checking the overcurrent error and refrencing the manual. Found the bad solder causing the problem, super easy. Today, i decided i was going to play my SW until the issue happened so i could use my new knowledge to fix this issue... well, the error i got was very different than the one on my TMNT and i cant find any info on what its trying to tell me. Anyone got any ideas? After the error popped up, game completly locked up.

20200817_223847 (resized).jpg
#9142 42 days ago

On a premium/LE. How often should the ball reject from the jump ramp into the death star when shooting from the right flipper? I'm referring to the shot you need for the hyperspace hurry up and to start a death star mode (when using the death star shot to start a mode). Is there a trick to getting it set up correctly? I've tried leveling and adjusting the pitch. Maybe I need to keep doing that. But I'm getting about a 1 in 5 success rate on a good clean shot with enough force (no pun intended). It seems that the ball just rattles around up there but does not make the turn at the top. Then falls back down. I'm renting this game for a little while to see if I like it enough to buy one. So I'm not going to be messing around under the glass on this copy. I just want to see what others have experienced. Because right now this is ruining the game for me. I get it that sometimes in pinball, you just have to shoot the shot a few times to get the result you're looking for. But this is beyond what I can enjoy. Where you guys able to dial this in? I'm trying to decide if this is a deal breaker for me or not.

On another note. Now that I have a little time with the game and I have a better understanding of what's going on with the rules/coding. I think Dwight and co. did a great job.

Thanks!

#9143 42 days ago
Quoted from Bricarus:

On a premium/LE. How often should the ball reject from the jump ramp into the death star when shooting from the right flipper? I'm referring to the shot you need for the hyperspace hurry up and to start a death star mode (when using the death star shot to start a mode). Is there a trick to getting it set up correctly? I've tried leveling and adjusting the pitch. Maybe I need to keep doing that. But I'm getting about a 1 in 5 success rate on a good clean shot with enough force (no pun intended). It seems that the ball just rattles around up there but does not make the turn at the top. Then falls back down. I'm renting this game for a little while to see if I like it enough to buy one. So I'm not going to be messing around under the glass on this copy. I just want to see what others have experienced. Because right now this is ruining the game for me. I get it that sometimes in pinball, you just have to shoot the shot a few times to get the result you're looking for. But this is beyond what I can enjoy. Where you guys able to dial this in? I'm trying to decide if this is a deal breaker for me or not.
On another note. Now that I have a little time with the game and I have a better understanding of what's going on with the rules/coding. I think Dwight and co. did a great job.
Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/20#post-3925333

That post does a good job explaining the Death Star adjustments. Your issue can be fixed, but I understand now wanting to mess around with a rental.

#9144 42 days ago
Quoted from Bricarus:

Thanks!

Many prem/LE owners will balk at this, but the pro really is a good option. I've played multiple prem/LEs and the hyperloop is a decent gimmick, but to me it doesn't outweigh the issues it causes. The Death Star shot is hard enough without adding a 50% reject rate into the mix, plus the forks kill the flow of the Hoth shot since they can't drop out of the way fast enough. On the pro, both shots are always smooth as butter, 100% of the time. I personally wouldn't trade that for the ability to watch a ball zoom around a racetrack a few times. I also love how the pro handles Hyperspace multiball, with needing to smack the captured ball out of the horseshoe and then lock another one in there. It's a great feeling shot, and still feels special and different than other multiballs. Opinions definitely vary on that, but I would urge you not to overlook the pro. It's an awesome, vastly underrated game either way.

#9145 42 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Many prem/LE owners will balk at this, but the pro really is a good option. I've played multiple prem/LEs and the hyperloop is a decent gimmick, but to me it doesn't outweigh the issues it causes. The Death Star shot is hard enough without adding a 50% reject rate into the mix, plus the forks kill the flow of the Hoth shot since they can't drop out of the way fast enough. On the pro, both shots are always smooth as butter, 100% of the time. I personally wouldn't trade that for the ability to watch a ball zoom around a racetrack a few times. I also love how the pro handles Hyperspace multiball, with needing to smack the captured ball out of the horseshoe and then lock another one in there. It's a great feeling shot, and still feels special and different than other multiballs. Opinions definitely vary on that, but I would urge you not to overlook the pro. It's an awesome, vastly underrated game either way.

Here here!

#9146 41 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have owned both A orginal premium and now a comic pro,I have lots of trouble with the hyper loop And the frustrating Hoth fork block,but when you hit the shot and maybe are lucky to get more than one ball looping it is cool but I love my comic pro and agree it is underrated.

#9147 41 days ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Maybe try loosening the 3 screws securing the ball return, shifting the position a bit, and tightening again?

I actually found a burr in the weld on the wire ramp that was making the ball jump. Stern is sending me a new ramp.

#9148 41 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I thought I hated Star Wars. Turns out, I just hated the Pro. Got a Premium to make color brackets and loved it. Even when the machine is set up right (and it's very finicky) that death star shot is tough to make consistently, but that's what makes it a rush - the tension to keep making the shot to load the hyperloop in a short period of time is completely missing from the Pro and is one of the best things about the machine.

#9149 41 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I thought I hated Star Wars. Turns out, I just hated the Pro. Got a Premium to make color brackets and loved it. Even when the machine is set up right (and it's very finicky) that death star shot is tough to make consistently, but that's what makes it a rush - the tension to keep making the shot to load the hyperloop in a short period of time is completely missing from the Pro and is one of the best things about the machine.

I agree. The hyperloop makes the game. I wouldn’t have been a buyer without it.

#9150 41 days ago

The simple fact that the hyperloop/Deathstar shot is hard makes it worth it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 750.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
There are 9425 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 189.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside