IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 301.
#9001 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Wow what a game I just had. The adrenaline is seriously running through me. ...

Nice! Star Wars rocks!!!

#9002 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

What is the roaming multiplier?

The multiplier shot is controllable with the action button. Hit action button to change it, use flipper to pick which shot you want the multiplier on, hit action button again to set it. You start off with three shot multipliers lit but it goes down to 2 then to 1 depending on how big the multiplier is.

#9003 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

The multiplier shot is controllable with the action button. Hit action button to change it, use flipper to pick which shot you want the multiplier on, hit action button again to set it. You start off with three shot multipliers lit but it goes down to 2 then to 1 depending on how big the multiplier is.

I understand but wouldn’t calm that a roaming shot. It’s a movable shot.

A roaming shot is something that moves by itself.

(roaming definition: moving about aimlessly or unsystematically)

#9004 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wouldn't calm it either. I'd call it .

#9005 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great story!
Also great collection you have!
Imo adding pins is fun much harder to sell anything.
I will say selling my AcDc premium was not easy but it allowed me to get the SW comic premium.

Thanks! For me I had to buy pins that would be bolted to the floor. I have a star wars room so SW was a given and my 1st pin. I built a mideveil type pinball dungeon so I got LOTR, Hobbit, GOT, and POTC to fill that out. Anything past that I am literally going to have to add on to my house and in that case I would be able to buy/sell. Not sure if you checked out the gameroom thread but mines in there but without POTC updated.

20200619_163349 (resized).jpg20200619_163349 (resized).jpg
#9006 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When you have a hot game where everything flows it's great. But if every game were like that, it wouldn't be memorable when it happens, so we have to be satisfied with it happening seemingly randomly.

100% agree. I have only had 1 comparable session to it where I did get to Jedi multiball, just didn't defeat the Emperor, and got close to 14 bil GC. Even that game though all cylinders didn't click like this last one did. Also I got to say you are the MAN for making those quiet fans I have put in all my Stern games!

#9007 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Nice! Star Wars rocks!!!

My 1st love in this hobby!

#9008 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Correct, I didn't articulate it well. Movable multiplier would be more just.

#9009 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Ok i know what that is. Just havent heard it called that

#9010 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

100% agree. I have only had 1 comparable session to it where I did get to Jedi multiball, just didn't defeat the Emperor, and got close to 14 bil GC. Even that game though all cylinders didn't click like this last one did. Also I got to say you are the MAN for making those quiet fans I have put in all my Stern games!

Haha, thanks, the sound of silence is worth its weight in gold on those Spike machines.

But, I'm obviously not THE man because you have my 14 billion Star Wars best score beat with the monster game you put up!

#9011 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

The only reason I bought a SW is because I liked the comic art so much, so the easy button worked on this nitwit.

I 2nd that - bought the pro comic due to art - looks amazing!

#9012 3 years ago

Need a little help.
I have not played my SW pro for about month.
Went down and truned it on and got this.
I will not be able to dig into it until next weekend.
Any help would be great.
Not much knowledge on the system and type of boards.

Thanks,
Bill

20200720_200722 (resized).jpg20200720_200722 (resized).jpg
#9013 3 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Need a little help.
I have not played my SW pro for about month.
Went down and truned it on and got this.
I will not be able to dig into it until next weekend.
Any help would be great.
Not much knowledge on the system and type of boards.
Thanks,
Bill
[quoted image]

looks like you turned it on with the coin door open. Close the coin door and try again.

#9014 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

looks like you turned it on with the coin door open. Close the coin door and try again.

Nope. Door was closed

#9015 3 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Nope. Door was closed

I was hoping for easy. Check the service switch on the door and make sure it is functional. If if doesn't register is it just like having the door open. Most likely you're going to have to reset your node board cables.

#9016 3 years ago

I was hoping for easy. Check the service switch on the door and make sure it is functional. If if doesn't register is it just like having the door open. Most likely you're going to have to reset your node board cables.

I was able to go to service menu. Do i unplug and replug the rj45 cables?
Thanks for the help

#9017 3 years ago

Death Star Shot (Star Wars Pro) question - I have two questions:

1. It seems like about half of the shots to the Death Star gets rejected by the gate. Like the gate is stiff, but I have lubed it and it swings, but the angle seems off. Has anyone experienced this?

2. When I do nail the Death Star shot, sometimes it comes out really fast from the inner loop and shoots right down the middle. Is that normal? My local pinball arcade have had to bend some of the metal walls to get the game to flow correct on the new Sterns (Elvira and Batman).

Thanks for your help. Great game and community.

#9018 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Death Star Shot (Star Wars Pro) question - I have two questions:
1. It seems like about half of the shots to the Death Star gets rejected by the gate. Like the gate is stiff, but I have lubed it and it swings, but the angle seems off. Has anyone experienced this?
2. When I do nail the Death Star shot, sometimes it comes out really fast from the inner loop and shoots right down the middle. Is that normal? My local pinball arcade have had to bend some of the metal walls to get the game to flow correct on the new Sterns (Elvira and Batman).

I've never had shots rejected by the gate on mine, or inner loop shots down the middle.

#9019 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Death Star Shot (Star Wars Pro) question

—this happens on mine occasionally too. Usually not when I backhand it from the left flipper...but if I’m actually hitting some combos and ball has a bit of momentum from the right flipper...I get rewarded for hitting the shot by ball draining sdtm. Haven’t tried adjusting anything. Let me know if you figure out a good solution.

#9020 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

—this happens on mine occasionally too. Usually not when I backhand it from the left flipper...but if I’m actually hitting some combos and ball has a bit of momentum from the right flipper...I get rewarded for hitting the shot by ball draining sdtm. Haven’t tried adjusting anything. Let me know if you figure out a good solution.

I have heard of people putting a bit of felt in places to slow down the ball.... Might play with doing that. I also agree that the fast moving ball from the right flipper to the Death Star shot does risk draining sdtm.

#9021 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Star Wars is EXTREMELY sensitive to setup angle and level left to right. Like, just a quarter turn on one leg leveler can make a difference. Sounds like this one may just be off a little bit on the left to right level or the angle.

#9022 3 years ago

I just made very slight adjustments to the ball guides near the exist of the shot that goes SDTM and it fixes them up no problem

#9023 3 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I was able to go to service menu. Do i unplug and replug the rj45 cables?
Thanks for the help

Not the service menu switches but the switch on the door frame that tells the game if the door is opened or closed. If that has failed you get the problem you’re seeing now. Basically the game thinks the door is open. If that checks out reseat all the cables going to the node boards including the main one behind the backglass. Most likely something has wiggled loose just enough to cause the error.

#9024 3 years ago

I just mailed my check off to join the club! One mod I really want is the Empire Walls speaker grills. Are the covers from the Modfather the only ones out there or are there mods that actually replace the speaker grills?

#9025 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I just mailed my check off to join the club! One mod I really want is the Empire Walls speaker grills. Are the covers from the Modfather the only ones out there or are there mods that actually replace the speaker grills?

Covers from Modfather.

#9026 3 years ago

Well, I'm excited to be joining this club. The Premium Comic, Comic Blades, and topper (Yes, I know) are on the way! What are the pitfalls a new owner should look for out of the box?

Also, any cool flipper covers out there? Not a fan of the Lightsabers or the Stormtrooper covers.

#9027 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Well, I'm excited to be joining this club. The Premium Comic, Comic Blades, and topper (Yes, I know) are on the way! What are the pitfalls a new owner should look for out of the box?
Also, any cool flipper covers out there? Not a fan of the Lightsabers or the Stormtrooper covers.

Way to go with an underrated pin one of the best out there imo.

My SW premium has been great only issue to me is noticeably wear on the shooter lane clear. Not sure what is recommend to mitigate, is Cliffy or Mylar preferable?

#9028 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

is Cliffy or Mylar preferable?

I used Mylar and then threw Cliffies over it, LOL. Overkill I know.

#9029 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My SW premium has been great only issue to me is noticeably wear on the shooter lane clear. Not sure what is recommend to mitigate, is Cliffy or Mylar preferable?

Cliffy, the ball will never touch the wood again. The wood / clear still takes a beating with mylar. It helps but isn’t a long term solution.

#9030 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I ordered the Cliffies today.

#9031 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

More pimping out of my Star Wars game! Just added interactive undercab lighting, speaker panels, Darth Vader tie fighter, Pin Monk's colored insert gels, and Titan translucent rings.
Star Wars is a game that has surprised me in how much fun it continues to be! I've had my Premium a couple of years now and it's one of my favorites to play in my current collection.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hi! Where did you get your X wing mod?

#9032 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

The honeycomb grills are part of the speaker panel and can not be removed.

#9033 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The honeycomb grills are part of the speaker panel and can not be removed.

Thanks for the info! This is my first pin with the LCD screen.

#9034 3 years ago

Hey all, I'm a very recent Comic Pro owner and I need some help. I've been searching and searching and can't seem to find the answer.

The Deathstar/Hyperspace shot rejects a lot of the time when it should be holding the ball. The twin-posts pop up, but then kinda jiggle and go back down releasing the ball prematurely. This means that I can't start Deathstar missions, because the shot rejects / the ball releases before mode-start triggers.

What can I do? I think I remember reading something about adjusting the posts so that they are level with the pf when down? But I might be misremembering.

#9035 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hey all, I'm a very recent Comic Pro owner and I need some help. I've been searching and searching and can't seem to find the answer.
The Deathstar/Hyperspace shot rejects a lot of the time when it should be holding the ball. The twin-posts pop up, but then kinda jiggle and go back down releasing the ball prematurely. This means that I can't start Deathstar missions, because the shot rejects / the ball releases before mode-start triggers.
What can I do? I think I remember reading something about adjusting the posts so that they are level with the pf when down? But I might be misremembering.

Wish I could advise hope you figure it out. Try emailing stern.
I love my comic pro such a beautiful game!

#9036 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

There is a nut right under the Death Star ramp on the left. Loosen it and move the ramp up/down to adjust. Make sure the game is at the right pitch as well. It is very sensitive to the angle.

#9037 3 years ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

There is a nut right under the Death Star ramp on the left. Loosen it and move the ramp up/down to adjust. Make sure the game is at the right pitch as well. It is very sensitive to the angle.

Hi, I've got the Pro version, so no moving ramp there. But I did re-level the game. I've only had it for about 4 days, and it's on carpet, so I usually have to recheck my levelness after I've moved a new pin in. It was close, but not exactly level. After re-leveling, I haven't had a single reject. So hopefully that's all it was. I did loosen and re-tighten the screws on the twin-post solenoid as well. But I'm pretty sure the leveling was the main thing.

It's been about 10 games, and so far so good!

#9038 3 years ago

Oh, I should add as well that this game is a blast! Don't know how people could hate on it once they get 5 or so games in. The rules aren't nearly as complex as they seem, and I LOVE that you can pick different characters and focus on completely different planets/missions. Getting tired of Death Star Missions? Pick Han, and do some Endor missions right off the bat, ect. ect.

Really SW is a so much fun to play, and it's hard, but not unfairly so. At least with the inlanes narrow and a generous ball-save, I can keep a game going long enough to be fun and satisfying. I was just playing a game and completed an Endor mission with multipliers lit and went right into Hoth on the final shot. Did the video mode and then shot for the lightsaber duel and played through that. Had a smile on my face the whole time!

It is the honeymoon phase, but I can't see my opinion of the game go down too much from here.

#9039 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hi, I've got the Pro version, so no moving ramp there. But I did re-level the game. I've only had it for about 4 days, and it's on carpet, so I usually have to recheck my levelness after I've moved a new pin in. It was close, but not exactly level. After re-leveling, I haven't had a single reject. So hopefully that's all it was. I did loosen and re-tighten the screws on the twin-post solenoid as well. But I'm pretty sure the leveling was the main thing.
It's been about 10 games, and so far so good!

Star Wars (at least the Prem) is the most sensitive to level and pitch of any game I've ever set up. Just a tiny turn on the leg levelers can take a game from no fun to awesome. It's crazy.

#9040 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Star Wars (at least the Prem) is the most sensitive to level and pitch of any game I've ever set up. Just a tiny turn on the leg levelers can take a game from no fun to awesome. It's crazy.

Try Elvira. The backdoor shot is so sensitive to it being level that Stern had to redesign the path behind the house just to make it possible. Owners couldn't figure out how to level the game correctly. Not a problem for the old pros but newbies had tons of problems.

#9041 3 years ago

Try Elvira. The backdoor shot is so sensitive to it being level that Stern had to redesign the path behind the house just to make it possible. Owners couldn't figure out how to level the game correctly. Not a problem for the old pros but newbies had tons of problems.

Haven't had my hands on an Elvira, but wow, if it's more sensitive than Star Wars, that's TERRIBLE.

#9042 3 years ago

Quoted from PinMonk:

Haven't had my hands on an Elvira, but wow, if it's more sensitive than Star Wars, that's TERRIBLE.

Reminds me an old Williams Operator training video that I watched. The Williams guy was explaining how their pins should be setup, and he was talking about leveling and pitching, and he said as long as it's close the players won't even notice. Guess that's not the case with some of these newer Sterns!

#9043 3 years ago

My Black Knight (1980) was actually pretty picky too. I had to go a smidge off-level, otherwise the lower saucer would kickout sdtm. And the pitch had a major affect on the ramps and the smoothness of the upper-pf loop lock-shot. It's amazing how a small change can have such a big impact. That's physics I guess!

#9044 3 years ago

Did anyone buy the Star Wars Armada game just to use it for mods? Any pics?

#9045 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Hi! Where did you get your X wing mod?

eBay

It's a Hallmark ornament.

#9046 3 years ago

My left flipper will sometimes not react to pushing the button. It can play fine for quite a few games and then start acting up. Any ideas what could be causing this?

#9047 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

My left flipper will sometimes not react to pushing the button. It can play fine for quite a few games and then start acting up. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Check the gap on the leaf switches the flipper button pushes in on the inside of the cabinet. If they get bent away from the button, it gets harder for them to make contact and activate the flipper.

#9048 3 years ago

Either that or the switch needs replacing.

#9049 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Did anyone buy the Star Wars Armada game just to use it for mods? Any pics?

The thread is full of pics of exactly that. Almost all the ships posted here are from it. Like most, I just purchased the ship packs, not the entire game. You can see all the photos in the thread topic gallery at the top of the page.

#9050 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

The thread is full of pics of exactly that. Almost all the ships posted here are from it. Like most, I just purchased the ship packs, not the entire game. You can see all the photos in the thread topic gallery at the top of the page.

Personally I feel the scale of most ships in that set is wrong (a little on the small side). I prefer the Hot Wheels Starships Series for the X-Wing / Tie Fighter sized ships. The Hot Wheels set seems to be "about" the same scale as the Falcon (if you have a Premium / LE).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/181?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.