20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 300.
#851 6 years ago

Ok so I can't find this the audio out:
It also states that a 3.5mm audio jack exists in the manual.

matrix (resized).pngmatrix (resized).png

#852 6 years ago

Allready thinking about dropping out of this club.
I'm to dumb for this game. :-/

Plays great but it really is more for tournament and/ or highscore enthusiasts instead of casual players, I think.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Allready thinking about dropping out of this club.
I'm to dumb for this game. :-/
Plays great but it really is more for tournament and/ or highscore enthusiasts instead of casual players, I think.

I play for fun also. When I get my games I learn the basics on what to do and learn the rules slowly as I play over time. I look up or ask how to do a certain mode when I can not figure it out myself, like I was not sure how to fight Davey Jones in POTC, so I asked. If I get really bored with a game I will then dig into the rule sheet. When It gets to that point though usually it is time for the game to head out the door.

Sometimes for me when I know tons of rules and strategies before I play a game they can ruin it for me because I find myself playing the game the same way over and over.

When I played a SW Pro yesterday I found out there are a ton of different modes you can start and play as soon as you hit start. Each mode has cool sounds and LCD movie shots on the screen to watch. I did not feel I was walking into the same game over and over. This made the game a lot more fun for me.

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

When I played a SW Pro yesterday I found out there are a ton of different modes you can start and play as soon as you hit start. Each mode has cool sounds and LCD movie shots on the screen to watch. I did not feel I was walking into the same game over and over. This made the game a lot more fun for me.

Thx, you're right of course.
I just never found any game as unaccesible/ rulewise convoluted as this one. XD
(It'll change as I learn to know what I'm doing and Stern puts in some more callouts that tell me what to do!)

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thx, you're right of course.
I just never found any game as unaccesible/ rulewise convoluted as this one. XD
(It'll change as I learn to know what I'm doing and Stern puts in some more callouts that tell me what to do!)

Yes. If you own a game don't feel you have to know every rule and strategy before you hit start. You have a lot of time to pick away. Also don't feel you have to score the most points on a game to enjoy it. Who are you competing against?

If you love doing 3 certain modes or starting a certain multiball then play for those. Like if you enjoy hitting the ramp shots play modes that have more ramp shots. Do this even if other modes or multiballs can bring you more points. It is your game and you can play it anyway you want to. Remember you own the game and it does not own you!

Rules will come to you slowly over time. It will be in your home for years so no rush. It is just a pinball game.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ok so I can't find this the audio out:
It also states that a 3.5mm audio jack exists in the manual.

HAve you checked on the main CPU board?

#857 6 years ago

Just wanted to report in from our launch party. Star Wars performed excellently. This was our first pinball event ever at this location (a comic shop) so we had a mix of brand new players and players with previous experience in pinball competition. Many players said this was the first time they had ever played pinball. AND THEY HAD A BLAST! They loved the video clips, the artwork, and especially mashing the action button. To top it all off, our winner (and top seed) of the tournament was one of these brand new players. The location was extremely pleased with the turnout, and wants to have more events around the machine in the future!

Unfortunately, we could not let Chewie enter because Wookies are known to pull pinball machines' legs out of the sockets when they lose.

IMG_5974 (resized).JPGIMG_5974 (resized).JPG

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Unfortunately, we could not let Chewie enter because Wookies are known to pull pinball machines' legs out of the sockets when they lose.

Now that is a mod!

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Just wanted to report in from our launch party. Star Wars performed excellently. This was our first pinball event ever at this location (a comic shop) so we had a mix of brand new players and players with previous experience in pinball competition. Many players said this was the first time they had ever played pinball. AND THEY HAD A BLAST! They loved the video clips, the artwork, and especially mashing the action button. To top it all off, our winner (and top seed) of the tournament was one of these brand new players. The location was extremely pleased with the turnout, and wants to have more events around the machine in the future!

Looks like there is room for Xmen, SM, IM there also.

#860 6 years ago

Was someone making a speaker panel to match the LE armor? Thanks.

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Was someone making a speaker panel to match the LE armor? Thanks.

I think Mezel's posted it in their Star wars mod topic.

Here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods#post-3878852

#862 6 years ago

Final wizard mode is in the next code update. The game starts over afterwards. No change in character at the moment. Still beta. Getting better imo.

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Final wizard mode is in the next code update. The game starts over afterwards. No change in character at the moment. Still beta. Getting better imo.

game changes characters now. I've done it.

20170809_211758 (resized).jpg20170809_211758 (resized).jpg

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

game changes characters now. I've done it.

When does it let you?

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When does it let you?

im not 100% certain how i activated it but it happen after i completed the mini wizards, completed Bobba Fett, collected over 200 Tie fighters, and had Jedi master. I shot the last shot of Bobba Fett(left ramp) when it happen but i noticed all the inserts for the left ramp were lit up like Hand of the King on GOT. Then the action button blinked white/blue to select another character.

#866 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

im not 100% certain but it happen after i completed the mini wizards, completed Bobba Fett, collected over 200 Tie fighters, and had Jedi master. I shot the last shot of Bobba Fett when it happen but i noticed all the inserts for the left ramp were lit up like Hand of the King on GOT. Then the action button blinked white/blue to select another character.

Awesome. Glad you can do that.

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

so if jedi Multiball will be in next update im assuming lightsaber duel will be in there also because its needed to get to Jedi multiball?

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

so if jedi Multiball will be in next update im assuming lightsaber duel will be in there also because its needed to get to Jedi multiball?

Correct.

#869 6 years ago

It is needed but it is currently spotted for you.

#870 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

It is needed but it is currently spotted for you.

Okay well the local barcade that has the new code, a guy that got the the end mentioned he got there and also played he lightsaber duel I believe.

#871 6 years ago

Could be. I understood that it was not in 0.87.3 (i.e. The code used in the premium stream) but was close to ready. Could be in the 0.88 code. I wish I knew. My LE hasn't shipped yet.

Sad. But as long as I get my game before Beelzeboob, I will be happy.

#872 6 years ago

Looks like there is room for Xmen, SM, IM there also.

You're absolutely right! If Star Wars goes well, we will definitely be adding more pins to the lineup.

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Sad. But as long as I get my game before Beelzeboob, I will be happy.

I'm really starting to hate Pinside.

#874 6 years ago

I got to a point today where all the modes were complete and nothing was lit to shoot for? I smacked the ball around for a bit and then just let it drain. Was lost as where I was to go next? Anyone else encounter this?

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I got to a point today where all the modes were complete and nothing was lit to shoot for? I smacked the ball around for a bit and then just let it drain. Was lost as where I was to go next? Anyone else encounter this?

You have to destroy 100 tie fighters, escape from Boba Fett and get to jedi master rank. Then you can pick a new character and reset the modes.

#876 6 years ago

Hey guys,

I may be joining the club soon.

In the mean time, I would love your support for a little campaign I've got going.

Go to the following thread and vote: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-poll1-mode-shots-more-mode-specific-sfx-please

Just looking for us to get the best Code possible out of Star Wars.

*** Make sure to post feedback on that thread (to keep it visible)

Cheers

#877 6 years ago

Quick question. what are the GI and flasher voltage on spike systems? are they both 5v?

#878 6 years ago

Video Mode in the next release?

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm really starting to hate Pinside.

Beelzeboob's distributor just told him his Le number was #801?! Maybe Stern will make one more just for you? Good luck with that.

Sorry Beelzeboob.

#880 6 years ago

Beelzeboob's distributor just told him his Le number was #801?! Maybe Stern will make one more just for you? Good luck with that.
Sorry Beelzeboob.

Et tu, Brute?

#881 6 years ago

Sorry Beelzeboob.

So you're saying there's a chance I'll get my Premium before boob gets his LE?

#882 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

HAve you checked on the main CPU board?

Yes. No audio jack.

#883 6 years ago

Has anyone in the US received their LE yet?
I thought a couple of people overseas had received them but I'm surprised that no videos have been posted. There was one guy that posted a couple pics when he set it up but then nothing.
Tracking info shows mine should be here Wed/Thurs

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. No audio jack.

Weird!? Maybe it was changed to an LE only feature? Can you not call Pat at Stern, surely if anyone can answer this it's him.

#885 6 years ago

So after playing SW Pro for a couple hours Sunday with my wife, we are just thrilled with it. I didn't tell her about any of the pinside drama and we had to play a few other games before SW opened up. I did explain picking characters, tie fighters, bonuses, etc as we played the first few games and quit hitting the button for her when she started whooping up on me.

Long story short her first comment walking up was it seems a little empty "like Star Trek", but by the time we left she stated she was glad we had GB to make us better players and there was just so much to do on the game. She felt it had more game play and options for playing than any other game we have (and we have a few). I think it may be her new favorite (characters matter a lot to her too).

Our highest scores were almost 2 billion (10 million away) and we got over a billion several times. This was on the newest code too.

Now I just have to wait for our premium although she mentioned getting an LE, but I didn't want to spend the extra on that.

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

...Now I just have to wait for our premium although she mentioned getting an LE, but I didn't want to spend the extra on that.

Wife sounds like a keeper. Can't blame her for wanting bling. Think I would go LE in your shoes. Everyone else I'd recommend downgrading to premium, as extras aren't worth the money.

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wife sounds like a keeper. Can't blame her for wanting bling. Think I would go LE in your shoes. Everyone else I'd recommend downgrading to premium, as extras aren't worth the money.

Nah. He's got too many games as it is!

#888 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Nah. He's got too many games as it is!

Yes, yes I do... That's the problem, I hate letting them go until I'm completely bored of them, but always seem to want more

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Yes, yes I do... That's the problem, I hate letting them go until I'm completely bored of them, but always seem to want more

Sounds like common ailments from someone afflicted with pinball addict-osis. Not to worry, doctors recommend increasing the time spent playing pinball to subtract from the time you are hunting games online.

#890 6 years ago
#891 6 years ago

Got my pro looking pretty... pretty... good

IMG_6004 (resized).JPGIMG_6004 (resized).JPG

IMG_6006 (resized).JPGIMG_6006 (resized).JPG

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Looks great, mirror blades give it a fuller look - are you going to get the small LCD bezel?

#893 6 years ago

Thanks! I think I'm just gonna stick with the clean black, it makes the video pop nicely. Not gonna jam any more toys on it either. If the topper is cool looking and actually interacts and projects stuff on the play field I may have to consider it though

#894 6 years ago

get rid of the super brights in the spots, makes a big difference in the lighting, I use just single led cool white.

#895 6 years ago

Which falcon is that?

#896 6 years ago

If someone could pull off a lit up spinning Death Star mod, it would be the best mod ever!

#897 6 years ago

Is that the mezel millenium falcon? i have one of those in the mail mirrors are a must on this game.

I still think the right ramp needs something on it or up the back right corner.

#898 6 years ago

Yup it's the Mezel one, pricey but very nice with the El lighting.

I agree with the single led bulb in the spots, I am not a huge fan of spots and overly bright PFs in general... even ripped them out of my Metallica all together! The single bulbs kept popping out, and the flasher style bulbs don't have that problem. Once I get my hot glue gun back from my buddy I'll put them back in, I actually preferred the warm myself

#899 6 years ago

Yup it's the Mezel one, pricey but very nice with the El lighting.
I agree with the single led bulb in the spots, I am not a huge fan of spots and overly bright PFs in general... even ripped them out of my Metallica all together! The single bulbs kept popping out, and the flasher style bulbs don't have that problem. Once I get my hot glue gun back from my buddy I'll put them back in, I actually preferred the warm myself

where did you get the x wings?

#900 6 years ago

Just got my LE # 75 setup - and played it for the first time - so far so good! The hyperspace loop is pretty intense...
I wish BM66 had all the audio and video completeness that SW has...

IMG_20170815_234859 (resized).jpgIMG_20170815_234859 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.