IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 301.
#8901 3 years ago

What type of wire are y'all using to mount mods to the screws/posts? thanks in advance.

#8902 3 years ago

What balls do i need to use on this game? Anything special since the hyperloop uses magnets? I have a tmnt coming as well which has magnets too.

#8903 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

What type of wire are y'all using to mount mods to the screws/posts? thanks in advance.

Whatever I've had on hand, including wire hangers. A bit larger gauge than ideal, but has worked fine in the end. I use a large headed short truss screw to fasten to bottom of fighters.

Quoted from mbrave77:

What balls do i need to use on this game? Anything special since the hyperloop uses magnets? ...

I've been using the same standard, commonly available, balls I use in all of my games and have had no issues.

#8904 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

18 gauge stainless for light stuff. It looks good and is easy to work with.

#8905 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Hi Guys,
Tom ended up getting a batch in, but for some reason didn’t post it here. Please contact him direct via PM, if you are still interested in purchasing one.
May the force be with you all![quoted image]

I just purchased one from him. Thanks for the heads up!

#8906 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

18 gauge stainless for light stuff. It looks good and is easy to work with.

Thanks! Ordered some!

#8907 3 years ago

Had the game for 3-4 months, got my first Jedi Multiball tonight! Took a mystery extra ball early to get to 6 balls overall and focusing all my multiballs on Jedi Training only.

#8908 3 years ago

I’m noticing groups of LEDS are not working .
No Hoth , no Force drop targets , no destroy the Death Star and many more . Went thru test mode and they’re def out . Could it be LEDS just out or is it a board problem that would need replacing ? Thanks in advance

#8909 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

No Hoth , no Force drop targets , no destroy the Death Star and many more . Went thru test mode and they’re def out . Could it be LEDS just out or is it a board problem that would need replacing ? Thanks in advance

Reseat the connectors for the boards and go from there.

#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Reseat the connectors for the boards and go from there.

Thanks I’ll try that

#8911 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Post back findings, I went through this when I first got mine, turned out to be a piece of debris in a socket causing a short in addition to a nicked wire behind the flipper plate from the factory

#8912 3 years ago

Happened on my GB once. I unplugged all the node boards and replugged them in, nothing beyond that, and all LED’s worked again.

#8913 3 years ago

Will try all of the above tomorrow , thanks again

#8914 3 years ago

Success! Reached in and pushed on some connectors and all the LEDs came in .

#8915 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

More pimping out of my Star Wars game! Just added interactive undercab lighting, speaker panels, Darth Vader tie fighter, Pin Monk's colored insert gels, and Titan translucent rings.
Star Wars is a game that has surprised me in how much fun it continues to be! I've had my Premium a couple of years now and it's one of my favorites to play in my current collection.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

dudeeeee powder coat looks sickkkkkkk

#8916 3 years ago

Thought i'd share some of the mods I just installed. This is a tough pin to mod. Not a shortage of SW toys to find but to make them fit and maintain the same scale and theme was challenging.

IMG_1298 (resized).jpgIMG_1298 (resized).jpgIMG_1299 (resized).jpgIMG_1299 (resized).jpgIMG_1301 (resized).jpgIMG_1301 (resized).jpgIMG_1303 (resized).jpgIMG_1303 (resized).jpgIMG_1304 (resized).jpgIMG_1304 (resized).jpgIMG_1305 (resized).jpgIMG_1305 (resized).jpgIMG_1306 (resized).jpgIMG_1306 (resized).jpg
#8917 3 years ago

Oh and btw, thanks to others on this forum, used some of your ideas and insights. discovered that using a glue gun is best way to connect 18 gauge wire into the mods/toys. there is any existing hole in the bottom of the toys that is for the posts that come with them, I filled the hole with hot glue and inserted the wire into it and it holds nicely. one trick is to make sure you put a bend into the wire before inserting into the glue hole so that it doesn't spin once dry.

#8918 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Thought i'd share some of the mods I just installed. This is a tough pin to mod. Not a shortage of SW toys to find but to make them fit and maintain the same scale and theme was challenging.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

X-Wing and Falcon definitely need a black acrylic color wash to age them a bit. They look too shiny and new.

#8919 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So, do you have 2 Falcons on your playfield since you have the premium?

#8920 3 years ago

Just had THE best game (not score wise but playwise) after coming off some major play on JP.

I got Victory Multiball on Hoth, Tatooine, and The Endor Death Star, Blew up the Death Star, got Jedi Master, Beat the LightSaber dual, 175 tie fighters, and 1 shot from Boba fett...

Now here's the crazy part...After I blew up the Endor Death Star, I triggered Hyperspace Multiball during Victory Multiball...Talk about insane...The hyperloop just kept going and going and going, then I put 3 balls in it.. Jackpots all over the place...

Bummer is, I still didn't make it to the emperor with all that complete

#8921 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Where did you get the shooter lane mod?

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So, do you have 2 Falcons on your playfield since you have the premium?

Yes, two Falcons but the way the playfield is sectioned, doesn't look bad. They're like different scenes and the Falcon I added is small so doesn't over power the view.

#8923 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Where did you get the shooter lane mod?

Came from a set of collectible figures off Amazon. Unfortunately, the rest of the figures are too big to fit, with exception of Boba Fett. I stuck him in the back corner, kind of hidden, but he's my fave so snuck him in the corner. But the Han carbonite fit perfect on the shooter lane.
Here is the URL
https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Collectible-Figures-Playset-Exclusive/dp/B00YFTKSHC/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/136-7492879-7640350

#8924 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just had THE best game (not score wise but playwise) after coming off some major play on JP.
I got Victory Multiball on Hoth, Tatooine, and The Endor Death Star, Blew up the Death Star, got Jedi Master, Beat the LightSaber dual, 175 tie fighters, and 1 shot from Boba fett...
Now here's the crazy part...After I blew up the Endor Death Star, I triggered Hyperspace Multiball during Victory Multiball...Talk about insane...The hyperloop just kept going and going and going, then I put 3 balls in it.. Jackpots all over the place...
Bummer is, I still didn't make it to the emperor with all that complete

U definitely need a stiff drink after that stress. lol. game gets nuts when things start heating up.

#8925 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Came from a set of collectible figures off Amazon. Unfortunately, the rest of the figures are too big to fit, with exception of Boba Fett. I stuck him in the back corner, kind of hidden, but he's my fave so snuck him in the corner. But the Han carbonite fit perfect on the shooter lane.
Here is the URL
amazon.com link »

Thanks ! How did you mount it? Didn't see Boba fett in your pics though.

#8926 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

But the Han carbonite fit perfect on the shooter lane

Looks really cool! I may do the same. Please share details on mounting. (Also looking for your boba fett in the pics)

#8927 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thanks ! How did you mount it? Didn't see Boba fett in your pics though.

used double sided mounting tape. put it on the left side of the mod and attached it to the right side of apron, which is metal and will come off easily without damaging anything.

double sided mounting tape i used is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0787PGKWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

hope this helps.

#8928 3 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Looks really cool! I may do the same. Please share details on mounting. (Also looking for your boba fett in the pics)

can see boba in the back left. he's kind of hidden. will take some pics of mounting the ships later this week when i have some time to take pics. wifes hot glue gun was the key to mounting the wire into the ship. damn, that sounded weird. lol. anyway, will take pics later this week.

IMG_1306 (resized).jpgIMG_1306 (resized).jpg
#8929 3 years ago

Finally get to “officially” join the club! loving the game and haven’t even updated to latest code. Very low use and only on code 0.93! Exciting times!

0EF38543-6D3E-4767-91F6-4F04FBBFF2B1 (resized).jpeg0EF38543-6D3E-4767-91F6-4F04FBBFF2B1 (resized).jpeg
#8930 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Finally get to “officially” join the club! loving the game and haven’t even updated to latest code. Very low use and only on code 0.93! Exciting times!

Nice line up! Those are the 4 Stern LCD screen games I'd most like to have. I'm halfway there, lol

#8931 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Finally get to “officially” join the club! loving the game and haven’t even updated to latest code. Very low use and only on code 0.93! Exciting times![quoted image]

Update that code pronto!

#8932 3 years ago

Love all the mods people have done. My only beef is the fact that this game is all about 4-5-6. No other ships belong on the playfield outside the originals.

#8933 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Finally get to “officially” join the club! loving the game and haven’t even updated to latest code. Very low use and only on code 0.93! Exciting times![quoted image]

Play Midnight Madness before you update the code so you can at least experience it. It was removed right after 0.93, I think, and is really missed. Xaqery made it sound like it's never coming back, which sucks. MM is one of the best things he does. Munsters, for all it's laundry list of flaws, has probably THE best Midnight Madness mode he's ever done.

Pretty sure 0.93 still had it, but maybe only 0.91 and 0.92 did. At least check. The Star Wars one is good. Experience it before you upgrade.

If you don't have it, you can at least see what it was like here:

#8934 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Play Midnight Madness before you update the code

Asmuch as it suckstonothave MM. So NOT playbeodreupdating. the early Software versions, had fried some node boards...

#8935 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Asmuch as it suckstonothave MM. So NOT playbeodreupdating. the early Software versions, had fried some node boards...

Yes, it's a small risk, but given that it came with 0.93 and didn't blow up, I think the risk isn't great.

But on reading back, I think Midnight Madness was gone by 0.93 anyway.

#8936 3 years ago

One of the older code revisions broke the DS ramp.

#8937 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

One of the older code revisions

i think this was 0.91

#8938 3 years ago

Hi,

I have two millennium falcons available. These are the style that Mezel was selling, but no longer has them available. I believe these are the X-wings and are 5" long and 3.75" wide. One is ready to be sold immediately, the other will be available in a few days, just waiting on a part. It includes a custom mount and is lit solid blue with EL wire as shown in pic. These are the only two we will have available in this style so speak now (via PM) if you want it. It will be $99 shipped.

star-wars-pinball-pro-millennium-falcon (resized).jpgstar-wars-pinball-pro-millennium-falcon (resized).jpg
#8940 3 years ago

Has anyone put a Stern Stormtrooper shooter rod on their Comic Premium? I’m on the fence and not sure if the color scheme is going to work. If so, can you post a photo. Thanks in advance.

#8941 3 years ago

Has anyone put a Stern Stormtrooper shooter rod on their Comic Premium? I’m on the fence and not sure if the color scheme is going to work. If so, can you post a photo. Thanks in advance.

I put the Stormtrooper shooter rod and plate from Tilt Graphics (https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/star-wars-shooter-rod) on my SW Comic Premium, and I enjoy it

IMG_9311 (resized).jpgIMG_9311 (resized).jpgIMG_9312 (resized).jpgIMG_9312 (resized).jpgIMG_9313 (resized).jpgIMG_9313 (resized).jpg

#8942 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I put the Stormtrooper shooter rod and plate from Tilt Graphics (https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/star-wars-shooter-rod) on my SW Comic Premium, and I enjoy it
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, that actually might be a better option. I like the sculpt of the Stern one better but the rod coming out of the neck seems odd. Your choice seems to be the better package. Anyone have the Stern one installed for a comparison?

#8943 3 years ago

Thanks, that actually might be a better option. I like the sculpt of the Stern one better but the rod coming out of the neck seems odd. Your choice seems to be the better package. Anyone have the Stern one Installed for a comparison?

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the Stern rod looking straight up at the player, so was glad to have found the TG one that looks out from the cabinet instead. I agree that I like the sculpt better on the Stern one, though.

#8944 3 years ago

The Stern shooters are too dominant for me. Here is my solution.

IMG_20180610_143912 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_143912 (resized).jpg
#8945 3 years ago

Im sure its in the thread somewhere but at what degree incline do you find this game plays best? I have the bubble right in the middle but it makes for so much unpredictable side to side action. Anyone go closer to 7?

#8946 3 years ago

Before the rainbow puke squad gets me, I promise the lights are actually blue in the back but the camera turns them purple.

#8947 3 years ago

I saw a comic art version today for the first time, and I am so mad that I bought the original when it came out now. The comic art is so much nicer looking then my plain ass looking pin.
Ok, I'm done bitchin. It's still fun at least.

#8948 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Before the rainbow puke squad gets me, I promise the lights are actually blue in the back but the camera turns them purple.

Courious ...What is your pitch setting ?

#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Courious ...What is your pitch setting ?

Looks like somewhere between Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera

#8950 3 years ago

Thanks, that actually might be a better option. I like the sculpt of the Stern one better but the rod coming out of the neck seems odd. Your choice seems to be the better package. Anyone have the Stern one installed for a comparison?

Here you go

159270526664545711573959744996 (resized).jpg159270526664545711573959744996 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/179?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.