SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 302.
#8851 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

I might have to bite the bullet and buy it new while I can, lest it become the next Tron LE and priced into the stratosphere once SW is officially retired.

That's what I did. I bought mine in January (Oct. 30th build date). I love the pin. Great layout, code, and art. I've had a blast with it.

#8852 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Would love any suggestions on the adjustments that can be made other than the outlane posts. I am getting a lot of SDTM shots and ball launch drains. There are times that I don't even touch a flipper and get two successive drains from launching and ball save launch. So frustrating. Thanks in advance.

Change the slope of your playfield. Start out at 6.5 degrees and then go shallower or steeper incrementally until you find one that plays better for you.

#8853 3 years ago

Coming from where?

#8854 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Would love any suggestions on the adjustments that can be made other than the outlane posts. I am getting a lot of SDTM shots and ball launch drains.

Do you mean SDTO?

#8855 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

The SW license expires July, so if you are after a Comic version, better give it serious consideration now.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

That's what I did. I bought mine in January (Oct. 30th build date). I love the pin. Great layout, code, and art. I've had a blast with it.

Thanks guys. Something tells me a year from now it’s going to be a lot harder to find and obtain a comic premium. I may have to shuffle my to-do list around now.

Would love if anyone can confirm they’re making less of these than other SW versions, but if the license is up in July than I guess it truly will be.

#8856 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Second pin ordered today, about a week after ordering our very first...this time around, a Star Wars Comic Art Premium! Very excited...was in stock, so should be here in ~1-2 weeks!

Congrats, "neighbor!" SW LE down here in Lake Forest Park, frustrating me almost daily for 9 months, yet I keep coming back. It's due for cleaning and new Titan rings, so I will try some of the adjustments to fine tune things.

#8857 3 years ago

More pimping out of my Star Wars game! Just added interactive undercab lighting, speaker panels, Darth Vader tie fighter, Pin Monk's colored insert gels, and Titan translucent rings.

Star Wars is a game that has surprised me in how much fun it continues to be! I've had my Premium a couple of years now and it's one of my favorites to play in my current collection.

DSC05341 small (resized).jpgDSC05341 small (resized).jpg
DSC05287 med (resized).jpgDSC05287 med (resized).jpg
DSC05283 (resized).JPGDSC05283 (resized).JPG

#8858 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

More pimping out my Star Wars! Just added interactive undercab lighting, speaker panels, Darth Vader tie fighter, Pin Monk's colored insert gels, and Titan translucent rings.
Star Wars is a game that surprised me in how much fun it continues to be! I've had my Premium a couple of years now and it's one of my favorites to play in my lineup.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That powder coat is pretty cool! Most people probably won't like the white, but I think it looks great. I've been holding out for a Comic Premium, but I may need to reconsider a regular "Hoth" Premium!

I did white powder on the wireforms in my Stern Star Trek LE and that looked cool. I like it here too. Is there a reason you did the returns but not the loop?

And how do you see anything on the right side of the playfield? That tie fighter looks huge...

#8859 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

... I did white powder on the wireforms in my Stern Star Trek LE and that looked cool. I like it here too. Is there a reason you did the returns but not the loop?
And how do you see anything on the right side of the playfield? That tie fighter looks huge...

Thanks - I wouldn't typically powdercoat a game white, but I really like it for Star Wars in creating an "Imperial Stormtrooper" look.

I left the hyperloop wireforms as original chrome to keep them distinctive from the ramp returns as well as give the playfield more variety.

While slightly larger, the Darth Vader tie fighter doesn't really block anything except for the expansive (and unlit) art area under it. The angle of the photo in my prior post is misleading, here's an actual average height (5'-10") player's angle of view:

Darth Vader tie fighter player angle (resized).jpgDarth Vader tie fighter player angle (resized).jpg

I added interior LED lighting to it as well, but am currently awaiting a voltage booster to brighten the effect.

#8860 3 years ago

Thanks - I wouldn't typically powdercoat a game white, but I really like it for Star Wars in creating an "Imperial Stormtrooper" look.
I left the hyperloop wireforms as original chrome to keep them distinctive from the ramp returns as well as give the playfield more variety.
While slightly larger, the Darth Vader tie fighter doesn't really block anything except for the expansive (and unlit) art area under it. The angle of the photo in my prior post is misleading, here's an actual average height (5'-10") player's angle of view:
[quoted image]
I added interior LED lighting to it as well, but am currently awaiting a voltage booster to brighten the effect.

Still huge but I do like the white powder coating. Maybe the Vader Tie Fighter might make a better topper.

#8861 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Still huge but I do like the white powder coating. Maybe the Vader Tie Fighter might make a better topper.

lol

Could still use a topper yet, but WAAAY too small for that. A LOT cheaper alternative than the Stern offering anyway! Although, most anything not made of precious minerals is cheaper than that topper.

#8862 3 years ago

Love the white powder coat

#8863 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Vader’s ship there looks awesome ..whole machine looks awesome ! what brand ship is that and how did you mount it ?

#8864 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Vader’s ship there looks awesome ..whole machine looks awesome ! what brand ship is that and how did you mount it ?

Thanks. It's a Hallmark ornament (like the X-Wing fighter I added in the pops area). I fashioned a stiff wire tie of my own, screwed one end into the bottom of the ship and secured the other end under the nearby nut that holds down the adjacent wireform return.

#8865 3 years ago

What is the actual color of the powder, given there's a thousand different whites these days...

#8866 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What is the actual color of the powder, given there's a thousand different whites these days...

Prismatic Powders "Snowcone White"

#8867 3 years ago

Oh man, our SW comic art Premium just arrived at the terminal in Oregon...so close now...come on, Friday! THESE FINGERS NEED SOME FLIPPIN'

#8868 3 years ago

The dark side of the force is strong with @tuna_delight. Sensational pimping!

#8869 3 years ago

I really like the overall look of the comic art blades but there is a large explosion on the right side that takes up a lot of real-estate. The fix for me was to add a couple diecast ships (oddly the entire right side of the playfield is void of toys which seems unbalanced in my opinion). The X-Wing really makes the art pop. It integrates well.

20200601_192224 (resized).jpg20200601_192224 (resized).jpg20200601_192332 (resized).jpg20200601_192332 (resized).jpg
#8870 3 years ago

I really like the overall look of the comic art blades but there is a large explosion on the right side that takes up a lot of real-estate. The fix for me was to add a couple diecast ships (oddly the entire right side of the playfield is void of toys which seems unbalanced in my opinion). The X-Wing really makes the art pop. It integrates well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

X-Wing would benefit from a black acrylic color-wash dilution to age it. Would really make better contrast, too.

#8871 3 years ago

Why would they cover up the At-St Walker being smashed with the Endor modes on the comic version? Otherwise I like the look of it.

And this was something I added to mine today.

20200601_171348 (resized).jpg20200601_171348 (resized).jpg20200601_171406 (resized).jpg20200601_171406 (resized).jpg
#8872 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

X-Wing would benefit from a black acrylic color-wash dilution to age it. Would really make better contrast, too.

I might try to knock down that fatory fresh look. I'll destress it a little and report back.

#8873 3 years ago

Just got my star wars premium about a month ago. Loving it. Added mirror blades, shaker and a few die-cast ships I weathered. Star destroyer snow speeder and d

20200531_211213 (resized).jpg20200531_211213 (resized).jpg20200531_211218 (resized).jpg20200531_211218 (resized).jpg20200509_153955 (resized).jpg20200509_153955 (resized).jpg20200514_153138 (resized).jpg20200514_153138 (resized).jpg20200531_090544 (resized).jpg20200531_090544 (resized).jpg
#8874 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Just got my star wars premium about a month ago. Loving it. Added mirror blades, shaker and a few die-cast ships I weathered. Star destroyer snow speeder and d
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great - I wanted to do Mirror Blades on my SW but worries about clearance and scratching them over time. did you have any such issues? if not, what brand did you go with?

#8875 3 years ago

I might try to knock down that fatory fresh look. I'll destress it a little and report back.

As long as the acrylic paint is diluted and wet you can rinse off mistakes and try again. Might want to have a toothbrush handy to clean lines if they get too dark or globby.

#8876 3 years ago

Anyone has pics with the stern art blades installed? I can’t find much online with them installed and there are 3 different sets available. Thanks!

#8877 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Looks great - I wanted to do Mirror Blades on my SW but worries about clearance and scratching them over time. did you have any such issues? if not, what brand did you go with?

It was definitely tight. I installed with screws as double stick tape method would have definately not had enough clearance. I bought a set of those side blade protectors and use them when lifting the playfield. Works like a charm

#8878 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the ships ? How did you mount them?

#8879 3 years ago

I got some of the ships from the Starwars X-Wing game - miniature ships n stuff! The hole where the stand fits in- got wire, think 1mm and but it in- fits snug.

9724946E-8077-4216-B0CF-04C008EB9B8A (resized).png9724946E-8077-4216-B0CF-04C008EB9B8A (resized).png
#8880 3 years ago

Anyone interested in signed Starwars Translite?

Bought an LE and got the spares- took them to Shows... well

Friend went to New York - got Mark H signature and I took them to shows in UK and got David Prowse, Anthony Daniels and a random Captain from Death Star on them

65400422-8064-4E39-BB2B-6E9675357A97 (resized).jpeg65400422-8064-4E39-BB2B-6E9675357A97 (resized).jpeg895C7049-8FC5-437C-992B-2C989AA5A8EE (resized).jpeg895C7049-8FC5-437C-992B-2C989AA5A8EE (resized).jpeg
#8881 3 years ago

Hell yeah I am!

#8882 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I am over mirror blades. They looked good on a few games, but they got WAY WAY overused. Art blades are the way to go in general.

#8883 3 years ago

Anyone LOCAL want to buy my Star Wars C3P0 standee? It's pretty big and would be a pain to ship....

IMG-1036 (resized).jpgIMG-1036 (resized).jpg
#8884 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Anyone interested in signed Starwars Translite?
Bought an LE and got the spares- took them to Shows... well
Friend went to New York - got Mark H signature and I took them to shows in UK and got David Prowse, Anthony Daniels and a random Captain from Death Star on them[quoted image][quoted image]

What are you asking? And do you have anything authenticating the signatures?

#8885 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My new ships just made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs. Now they have some mileage on them.

20200602_140952 (resized).jpg20200602_140952 (resized).jpg20200602_132746 (resized).jpg20200602_132746 (resized).jpg
#8886 3 years ago

My new ships just made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs. Now they have some mileage on them.

That's the ticket. Helped a LOT.

If you wanted to really go crazy you could lightly sand some of the red and yellow parts a bit to weather them.

#8887 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

What are you asking? And do you have anything authenticating the signatures?

The Pro Translite is obviously the most expensive.
Mark Hamil signature was $300 at Comic Con in NY- I sent it with my buddy to get it signed.
He didn’t get a picture of Mark Hamil signing it as that was “extra”

I was at the David Prowse signing, $ 60 (£45) he signed a few things for me, but again no photos

And same with Anthony Daniels at Comic Con in London Excel (£80) again I was there and queued. Actually had an argument with him as he wanted to sign across the Translite- I asked
Politely to put it next to his character and he was like “It would look better here”
I said please put it there and he was not happy!

I’m an honest guy - the buyer could get it authenticated by all means.. legit

#8888 3 years ago

Someone here said the license for Star Wars expires in July. Does anyone know when last call is? Does Stern usually announce that?

#8889 3 years ago

Few pictures of what else I got -
Had Dave Prowse sign a few things to get framed. And won an auction for Peter Mayhew signed picture

Pro Translite with Mark Hamil & Dave Prowse - before Anthony Daniels signed it

B76991E3-D2A9-48AF-BED5-C5F79C1068D5 (resized).jpegB76991E3-D2A9-48AF-BED5-C5F79C1068D5 (resized).jpegE31D2E44-355D-4912-B18F-AA455E5D116B (resized).jpegE31D2E44-355D-4912-B18F-AA455E5D116B (resized).jpeg
#8890 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

The Pro Translite is obviously the most expensive.
Mark Hamil signature was $300 at Comic Con in NY- I sent it with my buddy to get it signed.
He didn’t get a picture of Mark Hamil signing it as that was “extra”
I was at the David Prowse signing, $ 60 (£45) he signed a few things for me, but again no photos
And same with Anthony Daniels at Comic Con in London Excel (£80) again I was there and queued. Actually had an argument with him as he wanted to sign across the Translite- I asked
Politely to put it next to his character and he was like “It would look better here”
I said please put it there and he was not happy!
I’m an honest guy - the buyer could get it authenticated by all means.. legit

Awesome. It's a great piece. Wish I had the free cash right now as it would look really good in my pro!

I talked to my buddy who is a big SW autograph collector. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on the Hamill. Fun stuff. It's amazing how much some of them get for a signature!

#8891 3 years ago

How did you weather them?

#8892 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How did you weather them?

Usually it's just black acrylic paint, diluted with water to make a wash, then apply to taste. You can wipe areas with a cloth or papertowel to thin out the effect. As long as it's still wet, you can rinse it and start over. Once it dries, it's set.

#8893 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Awesome. It's a great piece. Wish I had the free cash right now as it would look really good in my pro!
I talked to my buddy who is a big SW autograph collector. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on the Hamill. Fun stuff. It's amazing how much some of them get for a signature!

I thought it was a lot! It was just after Starwars - Last Jedi and he was commanding a lot.. before his signature was cheaper..

#8894 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Someone here said the license for Star Wars expires in July. Does anyone know when last call is? Does Stern usually announce that?

Usually Stern does announce (to distributors) last calls for games that are running out of license time. That does not mean that they will not renew down the road and re-run the game.

#8895 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Usually it's just black acrylic paint, diluted with water to make a wash, then apply to taste. You can wipe areas with a cloth or papertowel to thin out the effect. As long as it's still wet, you can rinse it and start over. Once it dries, it's set.

So it isn’t a kit to be bought. Just mix some black acrylic with water and lightly brush where you want it?

#8896 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So it isn’t a kit to be bought. Just mix some black acrylic with water and lightly brush where you want it?

That’s pretty much it. I like the wash to be really thin and then hit it with a hair dryer to dry it. Repeat until you like the look. I then will put a little wax on cloth and give it a good once over. That actually cleans off some of the paint and gives the distressed look a little more depth.

#8897 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You can use different methods to apply the wash of diluted watery acrylic, brush, cloth, sponge, etc. Each changes the way the application looks a little. You don't have to be super-precise with a brush, and if you make a mistake (too heavy or something) just wash it off while it's still wet and use a brush to clean the cracks. It's pretty forgiving.

#8898 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Ok guys, just spoke to kapsreiter and even though he is sold out, he has advised that he would be happy to do another run but will need 10+ orders for it.
I’m happy to start a list and hopefully get the number so anyone interested can get one.
1- rpz
2- rum-z
3- jerickso77
4- antron77
5- waderade812
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
May the force b with you all!
[quoted image]

Hi Guys,

Tom ended up getting a batch in, but for some reason didn’t post it here. Please contact him direct via PM, if you are still interested in purchasing one.

May the force be with you all!

A17F4058-4F13-411B-AABA-73B919DAD784 (resized).jpegA17F4058-4F13-411B-AABA-73B919DAD784 (resized).jpeg
#8899 3 years ago

I picked up a Pro a couple weeks ago and I never paid attention at the beginning, but I'm noticing now that I get a bunch of points when launching the first ball and it varies for each character. I have to assume this isn't normal.

#8900 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

I picked up a Pro a couple weeks ago and I never paid attention at the beginning, but I'm noticing now that I get a bunch of points when launching the first ball and it varies for each character. I have to assume this isn't normal.

Well what are you picking before you launch? I would assume it's tight to your selection if it's before hitting the 3 bank target

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/178?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.