IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 301.
#8801 3 years ago

You can also open the death star by hand. Raise the habittrail a small amount and make sure that the screw is tight.

#8802 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

You can also open the death star by hand. Raise the habittrail a small amount and make sure that the screw is tight.

Oh wow, i didn't know that (opening death star by hand). I ended up walking away (last night) as I didn't want to break the thing on day one of ownership. Thank you for the tip. Looking forward to playing this machine for many many years to come.

#8803 3 years ago

Answered you about the ramp height on FB.

#8804 3 years ago

Does anyone know where to get a button plate, ive seen the one with the falcon and the tie fighter but don't love it. Any other options?

#8805 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Does anyone know where to get a button plate, ive seen the one with the falcon and the tie fighter but don't love it. Any other options?

Cointaker has this one:

cointaker_button_plate.jpgcointaker_button_plate.jpg
#8806 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

The one on the post here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/48#post-4111736

has been my favorite.

#8807 3 years ago

That is the best one. Wonder if there are any left after 2 years...

action-button-plate (resized).jpgaction-button-plate (resized).jpg
#8808 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That is the best one. Wonder if there are any left after 2 years...

This is the one I have and love it. Installation was not very friendly though as it was a pretty rough laser cut so I had to polish it up. Then of course clean it thoroughly. Then I had to figure out how to adhere it. Tried my transfer adhesive that I have from decals and the LDB is just to rough/angled and it wouldn't make a secure enough hold. I settled on hot glue (through a high quality high temp gun) and it has held pretty well. The top to points that wrap around the button are a little elevated since the LDB is contoured on a down angle right there. I probably could have dropped it down a little lower on the LDB but I didn't want a gap around the button and it's not like you have a lot of time to play with it with rapidly cooling hot glue on it.

lol all that being said It's still the best out there. If it came with some low profile foam tape secured to the back before the laser cutting and the cut was a little cleaner or it was cleaned up afterwards, it would be an absolutely perfect mod.

#8809 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wonder if there are any left after 2 years...

Mine has stayed in place since I put it on, and performing nicely. I can't exactly remember when I put it on, but I got my Prem when the initial run first started, so I'm sure it's been well over two years.

#8810 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Mine has stayed in place since I put it on, and performing nicely. I can't exactly remember when I put it on, but I got my Prem when the initial run first started, so I'm sure it's been well over two years.

Curious on what method of application you ended up using.

#8811 3 years ago

I have a missing worlds premium,le set for sale,new in box if anyone is interested 100.00 shipped USA

7F9F470C-5813-47AB-9E7D-BA2FE089BAE0 (resized).png7F9F470C-5813-47AB-9E7D-BA2FE089BAE0 (resized).png
#8812 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have a missing worlds premium,le set for sale,new in box if anyone is interested 100.00 shipped USA
[quoted image]

This only fits the premium/le?

#8813 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Looking for some help. I'm looking to purchase the Star Wars Comic Premium translite, but it is not "for sale" from Stern. Did anyone buy one? Looking to see if anyone that has one can find the part number on it, so I can get in touch with distributor/part people to see if they can order just that part. I'm looking to frame this and give it to my business partner for xmas, he is a HUGE star wars fan and the darth vader big on that prem trans looks awesome.
Edit: This trans lite I have attached.[quoted image]

I'm still looking for a part number for this Premium comic translite. Anyone with this game, can you snag the part number off of it for me please?

#8814 3 years ago

Ok guys, just spoke to kapsreiter and even though he is sold out, he has advised that he would be happy to do another run but will need 10+ orders for it.

I’m happy to start a list and hopefully get the number so anyone interested can get one.

1- RPZ
2- Rum-Z
3- Jerickso77
4- Antron77
5- Waderade812
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

May the force b with you all!
370EB78D-2A31-45B4-A7E6-A4D7901ABDD6 (resized).jpeg370EB78D-2A31-45B4-A7E6-A4D7901ABDD6 (resized).jpeg

#8815 3 years ago

I'm in on one of those action button plates RPZ. Please add me to the list.

#8816 3 years ago

Add me to the list.

#8817 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Ok guys, just spoke to kapsreiter and even though he is sold out, he has advised that he would be happy to do another run but will need 10+ orders for it.
I’m happy to start a list and hopefully get the number so anyone interested can get one.
1- rpz
2- rum-z
3- jerickso77
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
[quoted image]

Please add me.

#8818 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

1- rpz
2- rum-z
3- jerickso77
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
[quoted image]

I want one but have questions. Hoiw much does it cost and how does it stay on?

#8819 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

kapsreiter - leave these for you to answer.

#8820 3 years ago

I have the one that mnpinball did, based off of what Stern was originally going to use for their action button plate (he still has some available). These are really nice, too...but I wish he had used the Empire and Resistance symbols for a light/dark contrast (if that makes any sense).

That said, this is really nicely done...and I'm thinking about getting one in case I get tired of what I have now. Hmmm....

#8821 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Mine cost $25 plus $15 shipping, not sure if pricing is still the same or not. As far as affixing it to your machine, that's completely up to you. It comes as just a laser cut metal plate (again unless something has changed from the original run).

I ended up using hot glue as I wanted it flush to the LDB and transfer adhesive wasn't durable enough.

#8822 3 years ago

I'll take one of these.

#8823 3 years ago

I'd need one with a big enough cut out to fit the Death Star button mod... I like the button mod better than the plates. Would consider both though.

I bought a plate early on and never installed it if someone wants to buy it from me for a reasonable offer.

20200514_142051 (resized).jpg20200514_142051 (resized).jpg20200514_142108 (resized).jpg20200514_142108 (resized).jpg
#8824 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'd need one with a big enough cut out to fit the Death Star button mod... I like the button mod better than the plates. Would consider both though.
I bought a plate early on and never installed it if someone wants to buy it from me for a reasonable offer.[quoted image][quoted image]

This is the best design out there

#8825 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I bought a plate early on and never installed it if someone wants to buy it from me for a reasonable offer.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I wish there was a way to use both a plate and the button mod.

#8826 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah, I wish there was a way to use both a plate and the button mod.

Can't you just shave 1/8" off the button mod bottom?

#8827 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can't you just shave 1/8" off the button mod bottom?

I don't have the button mod, so I'm not sure the circumference and whether it would then overlap etching on the various plates.

#8828 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I don't have the button mod, so I'm not sure the circumference and whether it would then overlap etching on the various plates.

All the plates I have seen follow the contour of the button very closely and go all the way down to the bottom of the LDB for the most part. There doesn't seem to be much clearance to go down much at all and even if you do, the circumference of the DS button mod is an issue. You probably couldn't carve the plate very cleanly and you wouldn't want to shave the Death Star button mod at all and lose the dish. I would think they are pretty much mutually exclusive mods.

#8829 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The "May the force be with you" plate seems to have plenty of space around the button area to not have overlap.

#8830 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

1- rpz
2- rum-z
3- jerickso77
4- antron77
5- waderade812
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
[quoted image]

Putting this list on hold until kapsreiter can confirm here on this thread he is happy to do the run and can answer questions above.

#8831 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Curious on what method of application you ended up using.

Had the same problem like you, after trying some methods i did it with silicone, Some spots on the backside, putting it on the Lockbar, finding the right place, fixing it for some hours. Ready to use.

#8832 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Had the same problem like you, after trying some methods i did it with silicone, Some spots on the backside, putting it on the Lockbar, finding the right place, fixing it for some hours. Ready to use.

Good idea

#8833 3 years ago

Recently acquired a Premium, love the theme and speed of the game but damn, the out lane ball drains are absurd. I moved the posts to the narrowest setting and am considering beefing up the silicone rings on the lane guide posts. Anyone have any experience with this and recommend a size? Doesn't seem like many options out there so want to see if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.

#8834 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Recently acquired a Premium, love the theme and speed of the game but damn, the out lane ball drains are absurd. I moved the posts to the narrowest setting and am considering beefing up the silicone rings on the lane guide posts. Anyone have any experience with this and recommend a size? Doesn't seem like many options out there so want to see if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Loosen your tilt a little so you have a better chance of saving some of the drains.

#8835 3 years ago

Yeah, you gotta be shoving up when that ball is headed toward those outlines. It’s a shake it or lose it game.

#8836 3 years ago

This may have popped up here before, has anyone encountered two balls being ejected into the shooter lane? Seems like they are magnetised, even though I use carbon steel balls. It happens intermittently.

#8837 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

This may have popped up here before, has anyone encountered two balls being ejected into the shooter lane? Seems like they are magnetised, even though I use carbon steel balls. It happens intermittently.

Pay close attention if the solenoid fires twice. It could be that the first ball isn't making it out. When that happens, 2 balls get stacked up and clear and 2 end up in the shooter lane.

Could need to raise or lower the power on that coil. Also check the weldment for crack welds at the top.

#8838 3 years ago

Thanks Schwaggs - will definitely keep an eye and ear out on the solenoid. Thanks again

#8839 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Marco sells this Gottlieb Siamese post. I took off the post that normally sits there and put it on the right out lane. The game is much more playable this way, at least for me.

IMG_20191212_124633 (resized).jpgIMG_20191212_124633 (resized).jpg
#8840 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, you gotta be shoving up when that ball is headed toward those outlines. It’s a shake it or lose it game.

thats why this game sometimes sucks on location cuz the operator (understandably so) has the tilt on mousefart .. like so bad a 3 ball multiball will cause a warning. operators if ur machine tilts from a multiball which ive for sure experienced a few times.. chill the frig out and lower that sh@t!!! gotta ge Able to move the machine a teeny bit and work with it.. drunk assholes everywhere ruining games.. i get it. very physical player.. hence the name lol. on a different note I change the game to let’s just say more than three balls and stacking on everything and finally beat it! i love how the music gets all dark n evil creepy sounding when u face the emperor! awesome.. time to swap it out or sell it and get something new!

#8841 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Marco sells this Gottlieb Siamese post. I took off the post that normally sits there and put it on the right out lane. The game is much more playable this way, at least for me. [quoted image]

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing. I looked on Marco, looks like they only have red in stock but question for you, does the plastic come with the actual metal screw/post that goes into the playfield or do you slide off the existing ring and put the siamese post on it? And what size ring goes around the siamese plastic?

Thanks in advance for your insight, this looks like exactly the solution I need for an otherwise sweet pin.

#8842 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

1- rpz
2- rum-z
3- jerickso77
4- antron77
5- waderade812
6- MANTO1975
7-
8-
9-
10-
[quoted image]

#8843 3 years ago

Second pin ordered today, about a week after ordering our very first...this time around, a Star Wars Comic Art Premium! Very excited...was in stock, so should be here in ~1-2 weeks!

#8844 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Second pin ordered today, about a week after ordering our very first...this time around, a Star Wars Comic Art Premium! Very excited...was in stock, so should be here in ~1-2 weeks!

Good choice. It is a butt kicker but you always want to come back for more abuse. I also think the Comic Version is going to be the most desirable of the releases. It looks cooler and is likely going to be the smallest of the production runs. They made 800 Limited Editions but only green lighted 200 Comic Premiums. They could make more but I think Stern is focusing on future releases.

#8845 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Good choice. It is a butt kicker but you always want to come back for more abuse.

That's part of the draw, really! I am quite new to the hobby (have been playing for <=1 year or so), but I am finding that I enjoy pins that have deeper rule sets and a plethora of options available to the player; keeps the game interesting for longer, and gives you something to work towards and achieve

#8846 3 years ago

It can be harsh out of the box. Since these are hand built, the ball doesn't return exactly the same on every game. Don't be afraid to adjust some of the ball guides to correct the returns. Shots around the inner or outer loops should never return SDTM nor should the Tatoine scoop eject. The ball launch shouldn't bounce off the targets and drop straight down the left outlane.

Once these are adjusted (maybe you get a good one out of the box, my Pro was perfect) there is no more entertaining game IMO.

#8847 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing. I looked on Marco, looks like they only have red in stock but question for you, does the plastic come with the actual metal screw/post that goes into the playfield or do you slide off the existing ring and put the siamese post on it? And what size ring goes around the siamese plastic?
Thanks in advance for your insight, this looks like exactly the solution I need for an otherwise sweet pin.

I can't recall whether it came with the screw or not, but you do need a 1/2 ID inch ring.

#8848 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I also think the Comic Version is going to be the most desirable of the releases. It looks cooler and is likely going to be the smallest of the production runs. They made 800 Limited Editions but only green lighted 200 Comic Premiums. They could make more but I think Stern is focusing on future releases.

Is this a fact in regards to Comic Premiums? This game is on my short list, but I was not looking to add just yet because I was hoping to buy it cheaper on the used market down the road. If that’s truly the case with production numbers then I might have to bite the bullet and buy it new while I can, lest it become the next Tron LE and priced into the stratosphere once SW is officially retired.

What do you guys think?

#8849 3 years ago

The SW license expires July, so if you are after a Comic version, better give it serious consideration now.

#8850 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

It can be harsh out of the box. Since these are hand built, the ball doesn't return exactly the same on every game. Don't be afraid to adjust some of the ball guides to correct the returns. Shots around the inner or outer loops should never return SDTM nor should the Tatoine scoop eject. The ball launch shouldn't bounce off the targets and drop straight down the left outlane.
Once these are adjusted (maybe you get a good one out of the box, my Pro was perfect) there is no more entertaining game IMO.

Would love any suggestions on the adjustments that can be made other than the outlane posts. I am getting a lot of SDTM shots and ball launch drains. There are times that I don't even touch a flipper and get two successive drains from launching and ball save launch. So frustrating. Thanks in advance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/177?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.