IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 301.
#8751 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Just unboxed my premium and the hyperspace fork ramp is not going below the playfield enough when in the down position. Balls are getting stuck behind it and will not clear even after ball search. Is there an easy fix for this? I’m sure it’s been addressed already in this thread but I was unable to find the answer. Thanks.
Also, is there a mystery eject power setting or adjustment I can make for the balls going SDTM from that kick out?[quoted image]

One or more of these three switches highlighted in green under the PF on the ramp assembly is registering that the ramp is fully down too soon. Bend them a little bit until the ramp is fully down instead of before it's actually all the way down.
SW-switches.jpgSW-switches.jpg

#8752 3 years ago

Mine had a very high warp, after a few weeks it came back completely straigh.

#8753 3 years ago

Just picked up my second nib and couldn’t be more thrilled! Star Wars have always been a big part of my life. Started to read through all these pages but there is so much! Always grateful for everything posted here. Any tips most appreciated.

947BE721-79AA-4255-8F95-9D8F0377CBC1 (resized).jpeg947BE721-79AA-4255-8F95-9D8F0377CBC1 (resized).jpegBB4452E5-3848-4B87-9ABE-7D0FB1610864 (resized).jpegBB4452E5-3848-4B87-9ABE-7D0FB1610864 (resized).jpegDF8E8A00-7D98-4E87-888B-0FBF9004EC14 (resized).jpegDF8E8A00-7D98-4E87-888B-0FBF9004EC14 (resized).jpeg
#8754 3 years ago

Dont tilt much eh?

#8755 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Just unboxed my premium

Is that ghosting on the arrow with the X right in front?

#8756 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Looks like clear reflection to me

#8757 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Just reflection. Inserts are good.

#8758 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dont tilt much eh?

What he said. When I first got my table I never tilted. But damn those outlanes, they demand that you tilt this game.

#8759 3 years ago

Alamo_Pin dude if you have any issues when it's new, DEFINITELY talk to Stern support. They will happily replace that assembly-- you shouldn't feel like you need to bend things on a new table, talk to them and they SHOULD send you a replacement AND talk you through bending something for a temp fix in the meantime.

This is just from my experience, I had a nipple on the left loop that came loose and needed replacement, they sent out parts right away. Should be in warranty.

#8760 3 years ago

A loose nipple? Hmm.

#8761 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

alamo_pin dude if you have any issues when it's new, DEFINITELY talk to Stern support. They will happily replace that assembly-- you shouldn't feel like you need to bend things on a new table, talk to them and they SHOULD send you a replacement AND talk you through bending something for a temp fix in the meantime.
This is just from my experience, I had a nipple on the left loop that came loose and needed replacement, they sent out parts right away. Should be in warranty.

If you are referring to the scoop release , there is nothing to replace. The vuk
( I believe that's what it's called ) needs to be centered first of all. If that doesn't fix it , tweeking the ball rail will.

#8762 3 years ago

Fooflighter- Thanks, man!

#8763 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Fooflighter- Thanks, man!

Anytime!!!

#8764 3 years ago

Thanks to Quarantine I just took my Force to 11 today.... Thanks to Pinball-Mods Zitt for the frosty drops, MezelMods Tmezel for the red-blue led backlit strip, & Pin Monk PinMonk for the Force/Lightsaber Duel under-lighting. Can always put the factory drops back in but at ground zero I'd say its seriously popping and oozes force from what was otherwise dark and just sorta there. The pics don't do it justice either its hard to capture the red-to-blue glow, but it def looks like a different game, and only now have I realized how hard it is to hit that damb F target!
IMG_9144 (resized).jpgIMG_9144 (resized).jpgIMG_9148 (resized).jpgIMG_9148 (resized).jpgIMG_9149 (resized).PNGIMG_9149 (resized).PNG

#8766 3 years ago

Just got my premium. Two small issues

1-my death star is slightly misaligned

2-the ball sometimes gets hung up on the hyperspace loop on the ramp below it.

Any ideas

20200427_205303 (resized).jpg20200427_205303 (resized).jpg20200427_205317 (resized).jpg20200427_205317 (resized).jpg
#8767 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Just got my premium. Two small issues
1-my death star is slightly misaligned
2-the ball sometimes gets hung up on the hyperspace loop on the ramp below it.
Any ideas[quoted image][quoted image]

2- you need to adjust the hyper loop ramp, unscrew it and move it a bit forward. test it with a ball till it where you want it to be and then screw it back pilling it an bit towards the flippers.

1- that's normal

#8768 3 years ago

This pin is a week old and I finally beat it up a little.

F9BEA8ED-554F-4B76-812C-4C879DBF7320 (resized).jpegF9BEA8ED-554F-4B76-812C-4C879DBF7320 (resized).jpeg
#8769 3 years ago
Quoted from BaggerVance:

This pin is a week old and I finally beat it up a little.[quoted image]

The billions are exciting. You'll be in the teens before long if you keep at it.

#8770 3 years ago

Pardon if this is some where else, tried to look but soooooo many pages... this mystery shot when it ejects is set way way too high and will almost always drain unless maybe you have android like reflexes... what’s this called in the menu adjustments?

Thank you in advance

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8771 3 years ago

It’s called Right Eject Power, but if the VUK is properly aligned with the playfield artwork and the ball guide is too, the ball is intended to land squarely on the left flipper. These can be adjusted and bent slightly if need be, until the ball hits in the right place.

#8772 3 years ago

Thank you for the explanation. It some times hits square, but many times it’ll just slam right down the middle and its very frustrating lol. Again appreciate the answer and will dig into that

Quoted from GeminiGuy:

It’s called Right Eject Power, but if the VUK is properly aligned with the playfield artwork and the ball guide is too, the ball is intended to land squarely on the left flipper. These can be adjusted and bent slightly if need be, until the ball hits in the right place.

#8773 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Thank you for the explanation. It some times hits square, but many times it’ll just slam right down the middle and its very frustrating lol. Again appreciate the answer and will dig into that

You can set a ball saver on that kickout. A couple seconds is all you need.

#8774 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You can set a ball saver on that kickout. A couple seconds is all you need.

THIS + adjusting VUK eject power (up or down) will likely fix your problem without physically adjusting the VUK.

#8775 3 years ago

I have a premium and notably I haven't made it that far but...the diverter gate on the right outline has never activated. Is that normal?

#8776 3 years ago

That’s not super normal, “escape” lights fairly easily and that’ll open the outlane gate. If it doesn’t seem to be working at all, test its coil in the service menu, which makes it open and shut again. If that doesn’t do it, pick up the playfield and make sure the mechanism seems to be free and clear and the coil connections to its board are good.

#8777 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

I have a premium ....

Game wise knocking down the force targets twice will light the escape on the right outlane, and it should open

#8778 3 years ago

So it failed the coil test. Moved a couple of millimeters

#8780 3 years ago

You should be able to easily swing the gate by hand. If it’s binding against the playfield that should be fixable as described above with the set screw/collar on the underside.

#8781 3 years ago

You guys are definitely right. It's clearly misaligned but I can't get it to seem to line up. Does anyone have any under playfield pics of what it should look like

#8782 3 years ago

Here's a shot of the assembly: The keys here are:
- Free motion of the pivot within the bushing. The collar on the pivot sets where it stops against the bumper in the "closed" gate position (as does the finger that sticks out of the bracket), and the other end is not adjustable because the motion stops where the spring-loaded plate contacts the energized magnet coil.
- The spring obviously needs to be connected to pull the gate back when the magnet is de-energized.
- The roll pin in the collar is what translates linear motion from the plate to rotation of the gate. There is a "fair amount of slop" in the connection between the roll pin and its slot (directly quoting the Stern mechanical engineer) so it's not uncommon for the gate to whack into the far-side outlane plastics when the gate opens.
- When the set screw on the collar is loosened, you should be able to pull the gate away from the bushing a fraction of an inch from the topside if it's too tight and binding against the bushing. The gate should easily move back and forth by hand.

There's not a whole lot to it, it's a pretty simple mechanism.
IMG_1518 (resized).jpgIMG_1518 (resized).jpg

#8783 3 years ago

Thank you so much. Took some monkeying but got it fixed. Much appreciated

#8784 3 years ago

I’m curious as to what the problem turned out to be. Details?

#8785 3 years ago

Its a little hard to tell. I must've readjusted the collar 10 times. Also, I took the spring off to ensure it was properly working and stretched it out a bit.

#8786 3 years ago

I started to notice that my fork ramp going up when it shouldn’t. I think I narrowed it down to a possible bug.
I believe it happens when I’m using Han Solo and selecting light tattooine at the beginning. Then if I light Hoth, and Endor before Death Star is lit, the ramp goes up. It also seems like if I start Hoth I.
I’ll do some more investigating tomorrow. I haven’t taken the glass off to confirm. But I completed that series a couple times with the same result.
Has anyone else encountered the ramp going up when it shouldn’t using the latest code?

It might be worth noting that I have only noticed this after changing stacking back to factory default. I had no stacking on previously and never saw the ramp go up when I thought it shouldn’t.

#8787 3 years ago

If I'm reading your post correctly, that after you light Hoth the ramp goes up, then there isn't anything to worry about. It's normal for the fork ramp to go up when you light Hoth.

The fork ramp should be up on the following scenarios:
Hoth is lit
DS is lit
Video Mode is lit
Hyperspace Hurry-Up/MB first phase
Final shots in missions: Tatooine2, Hoth3 (Leia/R2-D2), DS4, Hoth4, Endor4, LSD.

Having said that, I have noticed on occasions the fork ramp going up and sometimes down when it shouldn't but it's usually due to something crazy going on in the game.

Think of modes like Endor's mini-wizard mode where the ramp goes up on the last shot but goes down when the timer runs out. Now if you complicate things with the hyperspace hurry-up shot, shooting the right loop which lowers the ramp if it's up and maybe the Add-a-Ball grace period trick (press the action button after you exit the mini-wizard mode, which makes you re-enter the mission, also completing it twice... early EB!) then the game can understandably get confused on whether the ramp should be up or down.

#8788 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

If I'm reading your post correctly, that after you light Hoth the ramp goes up, then there isn't anything to worry about. It's normal for the fork ramp to go up when you light Hoth.
The fork ramp should be up on the following scenarios:
Hoth is lit
DS is lit
Video Mode is lit
Hyperspace Hurry-Up/MB first phase
Final shots in missions: Tatooine2, Hoth3 (Leia/R2-D2), DS4, Hoth4, Endor4, LSD.
Having said that, I have noticed on occasions the fork ramp going up and sometimes down when it shouldn't but it's usually due to something crazy going on in the game.
Think of modes like Endor's mini-wizard mode where the ramp goes up on the last shot but goes down when the timer runs out. Now if you complicate things with the hyperspace hurry-up shot, shooting the right loop which lowers the ramp if it's up and maybe the Add-a-Ball grace period trick (press the action button after you exit the mini-wizard mode, which makes you re-enter the mission, also completing it twice... early EB!) then the game can understandably get confused on whether the ramp should be up or down.

Thanks! That makes sense why it goes down when I complete HOTH. I guess I never noticed the ramp staying up when HOTH is lit before. Really makes lighting DEATH STAR a lot harder while it’s up.

#8789 3 years ago

Try hitting HS multiball along with the Death Star shot in a mission. The DS cracks open while HS is still going around and you have no idea what to do next.

#8790 3 years ago

May the 4th be with you

CE020D78-DCE7-4EBF-868E-480B3FEFA1B3 (resized).jpegCE020D78-DCE7-4EBF-868E-480B3FEFA1B3 (resized).jpeg
#8791 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

May the 4th be with you [quoted image]

I'll get a few extra games in today.
20200504_080328 (resized).jpg20200504_080328 (resized).jpg

#8792 3 years ago

If any of you are bored, you should join the Quarantopia tournament! Not many scores on Star Wars yet... https://matchplay.events/live/36xdz/scores?arena_id=61691

I was trying to put up a score today (12 bil on 3 balls is quite a feat), and managed to complete all four planets within about 5 minutes, but somehow managed to only score 1.8 billion in the process. Amazing how stingy it can be sometimes!

#8793 3 years ago

May the 4th be with you!

6A3D74BE-A318-4F25-A056-4F9D90F8E2A1 (resized).jpeg6A3D74BE-A318-4F25-A056-4F9D90F8E2A1 (resized).jpeg
#8794 3 years ago

Officially joined the club today! Love the machine. The Comic Art is gorgeous.
Got the shaker motor, mirror blades & action button plate as extras.

3BBDEEF5-0EF9-4FF8-9E4E-6448F29ABD4D (resized).jpeg3BBDEEF5-0EF9-4FF8-9E4E-6448F29ABD4D (resized).jpeg297FB19F-8AF2-4CC2-9E84-436695955415 (resized).jpeg297FB19F-8AF2-4CC2-9E84-436695955415 (resized).jpegE13FFC7C-E937-4A7E-AC2F-425B296A9681 (resized).jpegE13FFC7C-E937-4A7E-AC2F-425B296A9681 (resized).jpeg9B031A96-12DF-45E1-81F6-D9FB8567DDB4 (resized).jpeg9B031A96-12DF-45E1-81F6-D9FB8567DDB4 (resized).jpeg
#8795 3 years ago

First shot to the Death Star ramp, ball gets stuck. Took the glass off but could not reach underneath to rattle the ball loose. Tried to search ‘stuck ball’ in this club thread but mostly found issues with the fork ramp.
Here are a few photos showing where the ball is stuck. This literally happened on the first game on this new machine. May need a coat hanger to push (or pull) the ball out.
Thanks in advance for any tips to get this sorted out.

A896A337-FB1E-4A43-8AE0-4BA456730F72 (resized).jpegA896A337-FB1E-4A43-8AE0-4BA456730F72 (resized).jpeg9106ABD9-483D-47E1-92CE-B5874B896F82 (resized).jpeg9106ABD9-483D-47E1-92CE-B5874B896F82 (resized).jpegDD681506-8191-40C6-9F8A-469E7AD0BB50 (resized).jpegDD681506-8191-40C6-9F8A-469E7AD0BB50 (resized).jpeg
#8796 3 years ago

A heavily modified Sega SW Trilogy?

Quoted from PiperPinball:

May the 4th be with you![quoted image]

#8797 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

First shot to the Death Star ramp, ball gets stuck. Took the glass off but could not reach underneath to rattle the ball loose. Tried to search ‘stuck ball’ in this club thread but mostly found issues with the fork ramp.
Here are a few photos showing where the ball is stuck. This literally happened on the first game on this new machine. May need a coat hanger to push (or pull) the ball out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry this happened first thing out of the gate. I'm sure that's frustrating...but that's pinball for you! I'm afraid I do not have a premium, so I am not familiar with the hyperloop assembly, but my guess would be the easiest thing to do will be remove your Death Star to fish it out and figure out why it was able to do that. It comes off easily on the pro, but I'm not sure how it's different on yours.

It will probably take some tweaking to get perfect, like most machines do, but it will be very worth it in the end! Best of luck!

#8798 3 years ago

There is a death star test that will open it up and hopefully give you access to remove the ball and see why it’s stuck

#8799 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe the hyperspace loop rail is set too low. If that's the issue, loosen the nut just under the left side of the Death Star and lift the hyperspace rail to release the ball.

#8800 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Maybe the hyperspace loop rail is set too low. If that's the issue, loosen the nut just under the left side of the Death Star and lift the hyperspace rail to release the ball.

That may be the case. Thank you for the tip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/176?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.