IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 301.
#8651 4 years ago

You can build your hurry up value by completing return lanes before starting the hyperspace hurry up. During hurry up by shooting the left loop, right ramp and completing return lanes. You probably got it a high as 40M x 40 = somewhere around 1,6B

#8652 4 years ago

Yep, shooting the LO or RR will add 3.125mil to the Hyperspace hurry-up value, at almost any time during the game, even when the LO or RR isn't lit. You can max out the value to 100mil for a potentially crazy 4 Billion points with a 40x multiplier.

#8653 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Yep, shooting the LO or RR will add 3.125mil to the Hyperspace hurry-up value, at almost any time during the game, even when the LO or RR isn't lit. You can max out the value to 100mil for a potentially crazy 4 Billion points with a 40x multiplier.

Wow, thanks for that tip. It's another layer to the game I wasn't aware of. The rules are packed.

#8654 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Very cool. Does this edit add to the end of ball video options or does it replace an original end of ball video?

It replaces them.
When the ball drains it triggers a script in the code that chooses from several matched pairs of audio .wav files and video .mp4 files.
The replacement files have to match the duration of the originals.

The same thing applies to general audio callouts. I was always bothered by the fake C-3PO when video mode starts. I tried to replace it with the original line from the movie, but it was something like 8 seconds longer.

#8655 4 years ago

Thanks to No_Pickles I was able to replace 3 out of the 6 Yoda ball drains adding some variety!

I used his Porkins Explosion, Whiny Luke...I edited my own Crying Luke after he gets his hand chopped off...

So nice to be able to do this. Much appreciated No_Pickles

#8656 4 years ago

Made a new Ball Save for Luke!!!

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE THE VIDEO

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Omxh4yrjg-bI_TIQgO_mYHWdrdXmfKxJ/view?usp=sharing

sneak.JPGsneak.JPG

#8657 4 years ago

That is perfect, is anyone sharing these codes?

#8658 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That is perfect, is anyone sharing these codes?

I can't share my code, because it's my raw image file 1.05 that I am modifying with Pinbrowser. Contains all my scores, audits etc on the SDHC card and I have no way to reload my audits onto a clean SD image...you can USB dump them, but not reload them

You have to be comfortable working with the program and editing and burning the image to the SDHC card using Etcher (see Stern site)

If you get Pinbrowser, for the LukeSave:

The video location is 0x111
Sound is 0x455

It's really not that hard.

for vids and sound

I use Power Director and Wave Director to edit my vids and audio files
I Produce a high quality 2K vid for reference then use Handbrake to convert the video to the 1360x768 resolution for the game

using PinballBrowser

1. Open your Image on your game SD using Pinbrowser
2. Save to new location on your computer
3. Store original SD for safe keeping
4. Click Video tab>go to video location>import video file
5. Do Same for audio (I use 100% and unlick 10000hz cutoff)
6. The firmware is automatically saved when making edits
7. Open Etcher in Admin mode and Flash a New Image to a NEW SD card using your edited Code image
8. Insert New image SD card in Pinball Machine and play!

#8659 4 years ago

I'll take that bonus score!
Final score was 20B on 3 balls 1 extra, outlanes open wide and hard settings for stacking/multiballs

91811174_600444444156733_4430814212469555200_n (resized).jpg91811174_600444444156733_4430814212469555200_n (resized).jpg
#8660 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Final score was 20B on 3 balls 1 extra, outlanes open wide and hard settings for stacking/multiballs[quoted image]

WOW, that's GREAT.

#8661 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Final score was 20B on 3 balls 1 extra, outlanes open wide and hard settings for stacking/multiballs[quoted image]

Huge bonus! Oh so nice!!

#8662 4 years ago

New Leia ballsave!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qZ3HrmOYLHxnvfBqAPrU9xrDFCWQR24v/view?usp=drivesdk

Screenshot_20200402-181102_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20200402-181102_Photos.jpg
#8663 4 years ago

Umm, never noticed this for some reason on my Premium, but there’s a post on the left side of the shooter lane just above the arch corner. On the left in the photo... No idea why it’s there, seems like a strange place. Also, looks like it should have rubber, but doesn’t. Can anyone else say whether there should be an O-ring on this?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8664 4 years ago
Quoted from GeminiGuy:

Umm, never noticed this for some reason on my Premium, but there’s a post on the left side of the shooter lane just above the arch corner. On the left in the photo... No idea why it’s there, seems like a strange place. Also, looks like it should have rubber, but doesn’t. Can anyone else say whether there should be an O-ring on this?[quoted image]

It's there to keep that one in a thousand chance of a ball landing and getting stuck there from happening. Doesn't need a rubber ring...

#8665 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It's there to keep that one in a thousand chance of a ball landing and getting stuck there from happening. Doesn't need a rubber ring...

Thanks! Figured it was something like that.

#8666 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I can't share my code, because it's my raw image file 1.05 that I am modifying with Pinbrowser. Contains all my scores, audits etc on the SDHC card and I have no way to reload my audits onto a clean SD image...you can USB dump them, but not reload them
You have to be comfortable working with the program and editing and burning the image to the SDHC card using Etcher (see Stern site)
If you get Pinbrowser, for the LukeSave:
The video location is 0x111
Sound is 0x455
It's really not that hard.
for vids and sound
I use Power Director and Wave Director to edit my vids and audio files
I Produce a high quality 2K vid for reference then use Handbrake to convert the video to the 1360x768 resolution for the game
using PinballBrowser
1. Open your Image on your game SD using Pinbrowser
2. Save to new location on your computer
3. Store original SD for safe keeping
4. Click Video tab>go to video location>import video file
5. Do Same for audio (I use 100% and unlick 10000hz cutoff)
6. The firmware is automatically saved when making edits
7. Open Etcher in Admin mode and Flash a New Image to a NEW SD card using your edited Code image
8. Insert New image SD card in Pinball Machine and play!

Very nice!

#8667 4 years ago

Okay, done and finally completely happy with my edits.

Here's a link to all the changes.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yU2boWEzHXygV9gC3Fq7-SDgICAbRjEW

screen.JPGscreen.JPG
#8668 4 years ago

Here's the locations if you're interested.

I like the Han and R2 Ball saves so i didn't change those

locations.JPGlocations.JPG
#8669 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's the locations if you're interested.
I like the Han and R2 Ball saves so i didn't change those[quoted image]

Nice! I love the we’re all fine here, how are you..
definitely going to add that one in today.

#8670 4 years ago

I like the "What's your operating number?" but it's not on there.

#8671 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I like the "What's your operating number?" but it's not on there.

I could make it for you if you'd like

#8672 4 years ago

If Iock into a few 4-5 games. I find myself watching New Hope or Strikes Back. Does anyone else have this problem?

15862285704435191586748251977982 (resized).jpg15862285704435191586748251977982 (resized).jpg15862287141514596910128509033772 (resized).jpg15862287141514596910128509033772 (resized).jpg
#8673 4 years ago

Yes

#8674 4 years ago

ditto

#8675 4 years ago

Just picked up a premium today and I'm having a hell of a time with the stand up force targets. Specifically the "f' and" r". They seem to register sometimes and not others. I went into the test mode and manually kept lifting up the f and r and sometimes they register, sometimes not. I cleaned in between the optos and adjusted them appropriately with the screws. Still can't seem to get it to work consistently.

#8676 4 years ago

Do you think with all the stern code updates being released Star Wars might get one too?

#8677 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Just picked up a premium today and I'm having a hell of a time with the stand up force targets. Specifically the "f' and" r". They seem to register sometimes and not others. I went into the test mode and manually kept lifting up the f and r and sometimes they register, sometimes not. I cleaned in between the optos and adjusted them appropriately with the screws. Still can't seem to get it to work consistently.

Update, seems to be the actual optos on the board. Any advice on getting just those 2 optos or a complete 3 bank board? Online they are like $70

#8678 4 years ago
Quoted from grimboys:

Do you think with all the stern code updates being released Star Wars might get one too?

Still a few bugs in it, so I would hope at least a bugfix.

And maybe, MAYBE the approval to put Midnight Madness back in...

#8679 4 years ago

Hey group!

I’ve got a bad feeling about this. Just kidding, I feel great about this post. Anyway, I just missed out on a LE version the other day. I’m still trying to get ahold of one so if anybody here is interested in selling their machine then let me know! We can discuss shipping or arrange for me to pick up in the south / southwest.

Stay healthy everybody and may the force be with you!

Joe

#8680 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Still a few bugs in it, so I would hope at least a bugfix.
And maybe, MAYBE the approval to put Midnight Madness back in...

I never knew it had a midnight madness. When did it get removed?

#8681 4 years ago
Quoted from grimboys:

I'd love to see one more update...not sure if we will or not. Probably all depends on what point Dwight is at with whatever new game he is working on (please be TMNT...please be TMNT!).

Here's my code wishlist (discussed before, but it's been awhile):
A way to either pass on video mode, or have it come up less. A long deep game means 5-6 video modes in a single game. I love the mode (as far as vid modes go anyway), but that's way too much. I should never see it more than once, maybe twice a game. While I would love to see Hoth 1 get a "real" mode of its own (Tauntauns / Wampa?), if that can't happen then require the video mode for that, but then have the rest give the choice, much like GoT or ST:TNG do. With or without consolation points, I don't care. If you decide to play it later, you have to requalify it. Also throwing in a floating extra ball or other rewards would be a pretty cool incentive to play it.

A/V priority tweaks...especially for the planet multiball mini-wizard modes. Tie fighters or hyperspace should never step over a wizard mode. I would say if there is any other mode (but especially planet multis) going on, move tie fighter hurryup/bashing and hyperspace countdown to the small screen. That way the info is still there to stack effectively, but it's not burying something more special.

Make a bigger celebration for finishing a planet. My suggestion would be when you hit the "kill shot", have the machine kill the flippers, and launch into a big celebration while the balls are draining, then relaunch the balls for Victory Multiball. Think the end of Cherry Bomb in GOTG, join the Cirqus in CV, and others...even battling the Emperor in SW if I remember right? As it is now, in the heat of an intense multiball, sometimes you do not even realize you blew up the Death Star or took down Jabba's barge. Killing the flippers gives you a chance to savor the moment, watch the DS explode. It wouldn't take long...just a few seconds and then launch into Victory like a boss. If you had anything stacked, that can carry in as well. This would truly make for a special fanfare "moment" when you beat one of those modes (which isn't something I do all that often..getting to them is one thing, beating them is another...for me at least!). Some people may not like the interruption in flow, so you could even make it an option in the settings.

I go back and forth if I want a way to pass on or "escape from" Light Saber Duel. It is such an amazing mode, but once you are in it, you are stuck until you finish it, time out, or drain all your balls. Way too often I have gotten stuck on a shot and ended up spending my whole game locked in. Since getting better at the game, this is less of an issue, but it can still be frustrating some days...especially if I was close to a planet multi. Not sure how to handle this one, but maybe at least giving the option whether or not to carry it over to the next ball would be nice. If you opt-out before it's done, you need to completely requalify it before trying again...so that would give the decision some weight if you are going for the Emperor.

Maybe help clarify mode shots a little better in some cases...especially the planet modes. I still get a bit lost in some of them, like Escape from Hoth. I'm never sure what shots just build points vs what shots progress to finishing.

Would love to see more end of ball sequences and stuff like that. The game needs more Chewy and Jabba especially. But that's minor.

Maybe the max shot multiplier could be nerfed a little as that does get pretty crazy at 40x. I do not mind it, but I know it drives some people nuts. My argument is the game can be completely enjoyed while ignoring the multipliers. I'm more of a progression guy than a score guy anyway (if not competing). But I can see some of the annoyance. I'd be ok with the max being lowered even down to say 10x. That's still a huge multiplier compared to most other games, and worth going for, but not a complete game changer if you choose to ignore them. I don't know...just thinking out loud here to help a complaint that I hear about the game. It's not something that I personally really want/need changed and it wouldn't affect my enjoyment either way. I mean...a HUGE 40x cash-in does feel good...but realistically so would a 10x if that was the max. And either way you will kick yourself when you accidentally slop into the video mode without having the multiplier on it! LOL

I'm sure there are other things that could be tweaked, but this is just my wishlist. Honestly...I love this game just as-is. This stuff would put it over the top the way Dwight's last GoT tweak did for that game. I'd love to see at least some of these, but if not, it's still awesome right now.

#8682 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I never knew it had a midnight madness. When did it get removed?

Yeah, Midnight Madness is Dwight's thing (check out Munsters - terrible game, AWESOME Midnight Madness mode theme integration).

It was removed around .92. Unfortunately both .91 and .92 were blowing up node boards, so even reloading them to check it out is dangerous.

Fortunately, Canadian Arcade recorded it when they posted their 0.91 update:

#8683 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's really cool! Thanks for the link. I'm a new Premium Comic owner and I never knew there used to be a Midnight Madness mode. It would be awesome to have that back.

#8684 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

That's really cool! Thanks for the link. I'm a new Premium Comic owner and I never knew there used to be a Midnight Madness mode. It would be awesome to have that back.

Dwight was pretty mum when I asked what happened and if it would be back a while ago. Just said it was removed, so I'm assuming it was an approvals thing, but I can't imagine why there was a problem with it. Licensing is weird sometimes.

#8685 4 years ago

Nice summary. I know Eskaybee and others have made good lists too. Couple comments below:

Quoted from Jediturtle:

A/V priority tweaks...especially for the planet multiball mini-wizard modes. Tie fighters or hyperspace should never step over a wizard mode. I would say if there is any other mode (but especially planet multis) going on, move tie fighter hurryup/bashing and hyperspace countdown to the small screen. That way the info is still there to stack effectively, but it's not burying something more special.

Yes!!! This would be a big improvement to game enjoyment. Once you get to a planet multiball, especially one where the character doesn't seed many modes, it would be great to make the planet multiball more important by taking priority.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Make a bigger celebration for finishing a planet. My suggestion would be when you hit the "kill shot", have the machine kill the flippers, and launch into a big celebration while the balls are draining, then relaunch the balls for Victory Multiball...... As it is now, in the heat of an intense multiball, sometimes you do not even realize you blew up the Death Star or took down Jabba's barge. Killing the flippers gives you a chance to savor the moment, watch the DS explode.

I don't win planet multiball often, and I agree whole-heartedly here. Only sometimes do I know when I have ONE MORE SHOT, and then it's really a scramble to control a couple balls while looking up to verify that I really did win the multiball, then see the Death Star blow up or whatever is on the video screen. Once you know you won, you could just let the balls drain on your own, but for someone like me, or maybe for someone getting there the first time even, it would be great to have a planet victory celebration that kills the flippers and celebrates like Defeat the Emperor (I did that once in a year of ownership), or Destroy the Ring in LOTR, followed by the Victory Multiball.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I go back and forth if I want a way to pass on or "escape from" Light Saber Duel. It is such an amazing mode, but once you are in it, you are stuck until you finish it, time out, or drain all your balls. Way too often I have gotten stuck on a shot and ended up spending my whole game locked in. Since getting better at the game, this is less of an issue, but it can still be frustrating some days...especially if I was close to a planet multi.

This is a tough one, I agree. Very cool mode, and possible to win. The nice thing here is that it doesn't stack - you just get to concentrate on this mode until done. The big bummer is when it starts just after you complete a mode to enable a planet wizard mode, and it's your 2nd or 3rd ball.

Example: mode stacking on, select R2, choose "light Death Star" before plunge, light Endor, start 3rd Endor/Death Star modes, complete 3rd Endor/Death Star modes so that both planet wizard modes are lit, losing a ball or two in the process, then IMMEDIATELY go into Light Saber Duel. Ugh.

#8686 4 years ago

I agree...show more of the big payoff scores in planet multiball endings, less yoda in the end of ball bonus and on the pro fix the bug that when you start tie fighter multiball with a hyperspace hurry up running and end up in combining both multiballs... you sometimes have an infinitive ball stuck in the inner loop untill you are down to 1 ball.
And not auto award a victory lap shot on the planet finish shot.

For the rules I have used the AWESOME pdf that was posted a while ago with the rules. It has helped me a lot.
It could balance a few modes on scoring level.

#8687 4 years ago

Even though SW at the moment is code complete I still hope we'll see a surprise update eventually.

I doubt the following can be done because it would most likely require new video assets but Hoth 1 could be changed to "Escape the Exogorth". It's a perfect timeline fit for Han and Leia's Hoth 1 mission. This might also go some ways to reducing video mode fatigue.

Having said that, apart from Hoth 1, I'm actually fine with how often the video mode appears (I love the VM, one of the best imo) and I've grown to like the brutality of LSD as it is but I can understand why others don't.

One possible solution is an option via the game settings which makes LSD (once activated in play) into a mission that can be selected like any other mission. And if you want to see less of the video mode then there could be a setting to light up the video mode on each odd or even numbered completion of the letter R via the FORCE targets. In general, more options in the settings menu would be great.

One more thing, I would love to see an Escape Nublar Challenge type of mode in SW. Maybe for SW the challenge would be you play the four planet MBs. So all four planets would be unlocked and before the plunge you select the planet MB you wish to start, playing them in any order that you like. After you finish one planet, the flippers go dead, and then you select the next planet and repeat. There could be Time and Score rankings for completing them all in one go or you could just use this challenge mode as practice.

#8688 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, Midnight Madness is Dwight's thing (check out Munsters - terrible game, AWESOME Midnight Madness mode theme integration).
It was removed around .92. Unfortunately both .91 and .92 were blowing up node boards, so even reloading them to check it out is dangerous.

Thanks , yea I knew it was Dwights thing. Was wondering when it was removed. I owned a pro early on and did not remember ever seeing it.

We will have to agree to disagree on Munsters. It is far from a terrible game in my opinion.

#8689 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

We will have to agree to disagree on Munsters. It is far from a terrible game in my opinion.

Fortunately I had a route full of players to reinforce the fact that Munsters is terrible. It's the lowest-earning game we ever put out. Honeymoon earning period was less than a week. Players *hated* it. I don't blame them, there's nothing there. It's slightly more feature packed than the original batman '66 code that was an abomination and took more than 18 months for Lyman to fix. Fastest in-to out time of a pin on the route I helped with. Less than a month before it was pulled.

But the Midnight Madness theme integration on it is probably the best Dwight has ever done.

#8690 4 years ago

Midnight Madness should have been the victory laps mode once you’ve defeated the emperor.

#8691 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Midnight Madness should have been the victory laps mode once you’ve defeated the emperor.

I'd prefer young Darth Vader's force ghost getting beaten or things dropped on him whenever you made a shot until he disappeared and was replaced with the ACTUAL one from the original cut.

#8692 4 years ago

Did anyone at Stern ever comment on Midnight Madness being removed? I can’t recall if anyone ever said anything about why it was taken out or if there were plans to put it back in.

#8693 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Did anyone at Stern ever comment on Midnight Madness being removed? I can’t recall if anyone ever said anything about why it was taken out or if there were plans to put it back in.

It just disappeared. From the way Dwight answered, I don't think it's coming back, or maybe not for a R2 Topper amount of time.

#8694 4 years ago

A full four weeks into SWP ownership, I have finally destroyed the Death Star (once, via Endor) and gotten to my first victory multiball. Wizard, I clearly am not. It is amazing to me how I can play a series of games on this machine which are just absolute crap and then out of nowhere, I'll be breaking a billion or two and everything seems to break my way.

#8695 4 years ago
Quoted from GeminiGuy:

A full four weeks into SWP ownership, I have finally destroyed the Death Star (once, via Endor) and gotten to my first victory multiball. Wizard, I clearly am not. It is amazing to me how I can play a series of games on this machine which are just absolute crap and then out of nowhere, I'll be breaking a billion or two and everything seems to break my way.

Wait till you fully understand and can put into use the roaming multiplier. Billion point shots will be the norm.

#8696 4 years ago

I understand how it works, but making sure it's exactly where it needs to be all the time to maximize the high value shots is still tough for me.

#8697 4 years ago

Just slapped on some comic art blades on my Comic Premium. Used Rapid Tac II for the first time (wet method). Stern games give you a little extra room on the sides compared to B / W games. The Rapid Tac made it super easy and smelled good too. Took me about 20 minutes to install. If you are hesitant to give it a try, don't be. It really is pretty simple and there is no need to remove the playfield on these newer games.
20200416_110731 (resized).jpg20200416_110731 (resized).jpg20200416_110744 (resized).jpg20200416_110744 (resized).jpg20200416_110801 (resized).jpg20200416_110801 (resized).jpg20200416_110948 (resized).jpg20200416_110948 (resized).jpg

#8698 4 years ago

Did anyone ever share any custom code with more music from the movies?

#8699 4 years ago

Can anyone comment on this? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on one. My distributor told me to get the Pro because the Death Star shot is so frustrating to hit consistently on the Premium. The cost is not an issue and I'd probably add some extras to the pro if I go that way. I hear the Hyper loop is so fun tho?? I've never played the Premium only the Pro and don't wanna trade it later? Vance

#8700 4 years ago

Go premium, no question ask!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/174?hl=antron77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.