SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 302.
#8601 4 years ago

So excited that Pinball Browser supports changing video now. I had already edited the sound clips for several of the end of ball Yoda quotes. Now that I’m staying at home, I had the time to identify and change 2 of the video clips. I’ll post some footage once I install the edited code.

#8602 4 years ago

Comic Premium arrived today. First NIB experience and it went off without a hitch - went through Flip N Out and Zach was great. No issues so far. Shipped with 1.05 and had a Nov 06 2019 build date. Added a shooter lane protector and translucent plastic protectors. My daughter was first to play and got to add her initials - she was pretty stoked about that. Art package is just killer.

IMG_0107 (resized).jpgIMG_0107 (resized).jpg
#8603 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

So excited that Pinball Browser supports changing video now. I had already edited the sound clips for several of the end of ball Yoda quotes. Now that I’m staying at home, I had the time to identify and change 2 of the video clips. I’ll post some footage once I install the edited code.

Very cool. Any tutorials you'd recommend for using Pinball Browser?

I've seen videos of the game using music from the original score, and would love to do something like that (I don't think there are any complete music mods for SW that are public?), if for no other reason than to change the pre-ball launch music to the Force Theme.

#8604 4 years ago

That is so awesome! Please do share thanks

Quoted from No_Pickles:

#8605 4 years ago

SW owners def are Ritchie fans because of the fast gameplay. Anyone consider BKSOR to sit beside SW ?

#8606 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

SW owners def are Ritchie fans because of the fast gameplay. Anyone consider BKSOR to sit beside SW ?

Thought about it...

Header (resized).pngHeader (resized).png
#8607 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Thought about it...[quoted image]

That light gap between the SW topper and the head drives me nuts. It really should have shipped with a gasket, especially for what it cost!

#8608 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That is true, there is no separate adjustment for the slings.

So how do I adjust the coil strength? I’ve through the menus forward and backward and can’t find a way to change the coil settings

#8609 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That light gap between the SW topper and the head drives me nuts. It really should have shipped with a gasket, especially for what it cost!

Agreed - Takes about 2 mins to fix however. I also think a $400 ColorDMD should come with a gasket also...

#8610 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Thought about it...[quoted image]

Just missing GoT next to that SW.

#8611 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Agreed - Takes about 2 mins to fix however. I also think a $400 ColorDMD should come with a gasket also...

At least one's AVAILABLE for that...

#8612 4 years ago
Quoted from Exeter:

So how do I adjust the coil strength? I’ve through the menus forward and backward and can’t find a way to change the coil settings

Look for coil pulse. You have a choice of Soft, normal, hard.

#8613 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look for coil pulse. You have a choice of Soft, normal, hard.

There is only a slight difference between the settings.

#8614 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

There is only a slight difference between the settings.

Something like 5%, but often times, that's all you need.

#8615 4 years ago

Is Stern using Mylar or something like that on the playfields these days? It looks to me like the SW premium has some kind of clear plastic film applied straight from the factory in places.

#8616 4 years ago

Yep, that's normal. Mylar is placed around the Hero's names and Endor mission numbers, both in-lanes and finally around the pop bumpers up top.

#8617 4 years ago

Just joined the club with a comic book pro. Traded away my TSPP I’ve had for 10 years, wanted a quicker PIN with a big LCD.The light show is fantastic and the family love the video clips! So excited to figure these rules out and blow this thing up.

4F3ECC38-F143-4686-83AB-9A405B600707 (resized).jpeg4F3ECC38-F143-4686-83AB-9A405B600707 (resized).jpegFAF589FB-9ACC-4EEF-ABDC-4470404396BE (resized).jpegFAF589FB-9ACC-4EEF-ABDC-4470404396BE (resized).jpeg
#8618 4 years ago

Loving the new update to Pinball Browser!
Thanks again, Oga. I was getting really annoyed by Yoda.
Your software helped make the game so much more enjoyable for me!

#8619 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

I haven’t followed the pinball browser. So you can change the videos in Star Wars? Is it way to do?

#8620 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

I'm waiting for the person that replaces the clips with stuff from Spaceballs.

#8621 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I haven’t followed the pinball browser. So you can change the videos in Star Wars? Is it way to do?

Yes. In previous versions you were able to edit the audio. In the newest version there is support for changing the video clips as well. It is moderately challenging from a technical standpoint, as you get the best results when you substitute clips that are the exact same duration.

#8622 4 years ago

Can someone post up a tutorial on how to how to get rid of Yoda with this Pinball Browser for those of us who are technically challenged?

#8623 4 years ago

How do you bet Tatooine multiple-ball

#8624 4 years ago

Edited out another annoying Yoda clip, and put in one of my favorites...

#8625 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Can someone post up a tutorial on how to how to get rid of Yoda with this Pinball Browser for those of us who are technically challenged?

It depends how technically challenged you’re talking about.
1. You need the Pinball Browser software
2. You need a computer with an SD card slot
3. You need a source of SW related alternate sound files or music to sub in
4. You need a digital copy of whatever alternate video you want to sub in
5. You need to be able to do basic editing of the sound and video files to make sure the length matches up perfectly with the original files you are replacing

#8626 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Edited out another annoying Yoda clip, and put in one of my favorites...

Oh man..now I'm on a mission...that would be great to have - gonna have to try that

I think the scene with Chewie wailing as Han goes into the carbon freeze would be awesome too...just way to much yoda on the ball save

#8627 4 years ago

It really needs: stay on target, stay on target! From the Death Star fight scene.

#8628 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

It really needs: stay on target, stay on target! From the Death Star fight scene.

I’m not sure, because it’s hard to pay attention when it’s happening, but I think that’s already included at one point in the Death Star 1 multiball mode.

#8629 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

For sure it is there in the game already.

#8630 4 years ago
Quoted from Jpp718:

It's nine shots in total. Shoot the Left Ramp, then the Right Loop, repeat. Keep doing that and you'll complete the mode.

Don't worry about the Right Ramp and the Scoop, they increase your overall points in the mission but they don't actually help you complete the mode.

To make things easier you can save any Add-A-Balls you may have acquired from the other planet MB modes and use then in Tatooine.

Also, Luke and R2-D2 bring in 3 balls into the Tatooine planet MB in contrast to 2 balls when using Leia or Han.

You can get more info on all the modes from this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/122#post-4709781

#8631 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

It depends how technically challenged you’re talking about.
1. You need the Pinball Browser software
2. You need a computer with an SD card slot
3. You need a source of SW related alternate sound files or music to sub in
4. You need a digital copy of whatever alternate video you want to sub in
5. You need to be able to do basic editing of the sound and video files to make sure the length matches up perfectly with the original files you are replacing

My understanding is that the SD card is written in linux. Does Pinball Browser do all that is needed to rewrite the card files?

#8632 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

My understanding is that the SD card is written in linux. Does Pinball Browser do all that is needed to rewrite the card files?

It works fine.

#8633 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Yes. I downloaded the SD card image from the Stern website and edited that, then use Balena Etcher to copy the edited file to a new SD card.

#8634 4 years ago

HELP - my hyper loop shoots the ball only one time around and then it rolls back down to the flippers. Any idea whats wrong?

#8635 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

HELP - my hyper loop shoots the ball only one time around and then it rolls back down to the flippers. Any idea whats wrong?

Is your exit gate on the upper right of the loop always open, or does it open when the ball nears it on the first revolution?

#8636 4 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

I have had mine for months and still have not blown up the death star. But I will. its practice practice and more practice Again making me a better player. My shots keep getting better. I get the hyperloop much more these days than I did a month ago.
I have never been able to backhand it from the left flipper on my le. It seem that it hits the left scoop part. Its a right flipper only shot for me. Just keep going, enjoy the music and the sound effects for now! ;P

this was an old post have you blown up the death star?! You’re probably talking about a premium money cause I can document the death star shot on the pro! I love this game I’ve played so many other games but it’s like every time I turn this game on I’m stoked to try and get further... I guess being a complete Star Wars nerd really does help the enjoyment factor!

#8637 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

My guess is the coil on the underside of the table, that controls the upper right diverter that exits out of the hyperdrive, has a wire that needs to be re soldered. Pretty sure this is the issue. If you have a shaker motor, that wire notoriously comes off, that is on the bottom of the coil and will cause the diverter to be stuck in the open position when wire is not attached. That’s the reason for only one revolution.

#8638 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My guess is the coil on the underside of the table, that controls the upper right diverter that exits out of the hyperdrive, has a wire that needs to be re soldered. Pretty sure this is the issue. If you have a shaker motor, that wire notoriously comes off, that is on the bottom of the coil and will cause the diverter to be stuck in the open position when wire is not attached. That’s the reason for only one revolution.

Thanks! I checked and didn't see any disconnected wires. Also, the diverter works in the coil test. I shoots from the diverter and doesn't quite make it to the Death Star. It is level and at 6.5%. I have no idea at this point.

#8639 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Thanks! I checked and didn't see any disconnected wires. Also, the diverter works in the coil test. I shoots from the diverter and doesn't quite make it to the Death Star. It is level and at 6.5%. I have no idea at this point.

If that is all okay, then move your ramp entering the DS up or down slightly. That is the entry point and can cause issues, if that is not adjusted correctly. There is an adjustment screw on the left side of the DS (underneath it, on PF topside). It is somewhat tricky to adjust, but after trying it up or down, you’ll be able to hone it in to work every time.

It is an issue with the ball not entering it as the first coil fires correctly and causing the ball to “stumble” and not hit the next firing coil(s) at the right timing. Had to do the same adjustment on mine. Keep adjusting up or down, till it catches the ball when entering just right and flings it around the 5 times before dropping out the diverter into the lower exit lane. Once balanced, it’ll work every time.

#8640 4 years ago
Quoted from Jpp718:

I see someone answered you already. But I wanted to add that if you have any questions about what to shoot in any mode or multiball check post #4911. It’s a key post in this thread that has all of that information in a great format.
It also has good information on stacking modes most efficiently.

EDIT- post #4911 has a link to the updated version. The key post should be changed to that if possible.

#8641 4 years ago

Have had my comic premium and finally put up a score worth posting. Previous high was 2.6b, but today did 4.8b with Leia. And this was with a really shitty ball2. Blew up death star, completed a bunch of modes. Was just awesome. I think finally learning how to switch the lanes on the multiplier shot paid dividends.....

20200326_205333209_iOS (resized).jpg20200326_205333209_iOS (resized).jpg
#8642 4 years ago

Gotta love a 2.5B lightsaber duel!

20200328_221834 (resized).jpg20200328_221834 (resized).jpg
#8643 4 years ago

I had a pro a while ago, traded it and missed the game badly.
Picked up this comic prem and the prem is definitely the way to go. I am not a big mod guy but added a few here. Shaker, pinsound amps, 5.25 back box speakers, a little bit of chrome ( leg bolts, shooter knob, t molding )

The pinsound upgrade and the shaker make a significant difference in this game. Love the end of the game when the Death Star blows up. Game shakes and the sound rumbles. excellent!
The rules in this game are superior in my opinion. A lot of variety in how you play the game. Well integrated with the movie clips. Dwight takes a lot of crap in other threads for other games, but a grand slam on this one. At like number 42 this is a way under rated game. Much better then several in the top 20

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8644 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Gotta love a 2.5B lightsaber duel![quoted image]

Impressive.
Most impressive.

#8645 4 years ago

My final video edit, and my new personal favorite. It doesn’t come up as often in the rotation but puts a smile on my face when the ball drains.

#8646 4 years ago

That is awesome!

#8647 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

My final video edit, and my new personal favorite. It doesn’t come up as often in the rotation but puts a smile on my face when the ball drains.

Nice.

I don't really want to mess around with the software in Pinball Browser, but these ball drain options may force me to learn enough to do it.

-Adam

#8648 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Oh man, that is THE best one yet...I totally forgot about that but it fits so perfectly... Awesome...

#8649 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Very cool. Does this edit add to the end of ball video options or does it replace an original end of ball video?

#8650 4 years ago

Got a 1.48 Billion Hyperspace Hurryup in the game I just did where I finally beat the Emperor (and destroyed the Death Star before that). I have no idea how I got such a huge hurryup - there's still a lot of stuff I don't understand about scoring interactions and stacks on this game. I know I was 40x, but I've been that before with Hyperspace Hurryup and didn't have anywhere near that.

Also, I liked the final battle, but it seemed like it needs a LOT more callouts to make it epic, and once you win, it needed some celebratory footage or animation or something once the Emperor is toast and Vader is good again. Just wrapping around to pick a new character was kind of anti-climactic. Hopefully Dwight gets some time to go back with his team and polish that up a little.

But yeah, for Star Wars, Premium/LE is DEFINITELY the best experience. 100% sure of that now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/173?hl=jpp718 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.