IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 301.
#8551 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Dude, responding defensively to all postings about your stuff makes you seem desperate.

Sorry it came off that way. I was explaining the thought process behind the design choices.

#8552 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Dude, responding defensively to all postings about your stuff makes you seem desperate.

Didn’t seem defensive or desperate to me. It’s not my cup of tea but I can respect it and those that make and like it.

#8553 4 years ago

I took the photo above with a Samsung 9+.. although I didn't put any filter on, the colors are somewhat crushed and saturated in the photo, making the character inserts somewhat stronger in contrast to the rest of the playfield. In person, they look identical to the other playfield inserts.

I would never go back to the white lights, a little too harsh for my liking in a dark environment.

#8554 4 years ago

Had a problem with my Comic Edition pro start yesterday. The 2 posts that stop the ball when Hoth or the video mode are active won't go down appropriately. They stay up until a ball check is done then I have to push the pin around to get them to go down. Any suggestions to resolve this?

Attached a photo of the posts that are the problem.

IMG_20200305_173436 (resized).jpgIMG_20200305_173436 (resized).jpg
#8555 4 years ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Had a problem with my Comic Edition pro start yesterday. The 2 posts that stop the ball when Hoth or the video mode are active won't go down appropriately. They stay up until a ball check is done then I have to push the pin around to get them to go down. Any suggestions to resolve this?
Attached a photo of the posts that are the problem.[quoted image]

Possibly getting jammed in the hole (oh my) and binding. Check the mech underneath to make sure it's tight in place. You may need to adjust it slightly or possibly bend the bracket slightly if the pins are angled too much. If it isn't binding up in the playfield holes, make sure the coil stop/bushing are good and the assembly can move freely. Should be something fairly simple. Good luck!

#8556 4 years ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

mine started to have an issue with those posts we actually loosened it a little bit and the post went up and down it seemed like something was rubbing or something

#8557 4 years ago

Only Boba Fett stood between me and the emperor and I blew it. Such a heartbreaker.

#8558 4 years ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Check out post #7889 in this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/158#post-5298790

#8559 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Only Boba Fett stood between me and the emperor and I blew it. Such a heartbreaker.

That boba fett sequence trips me up, too. You're not alone!

#8560 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That boba fett sequence trips me up, too. You're not alone!

Same here!!!... Those damn lights throw off my sync mojo... But it's so cool I don't mind ... Keeps me pushing start...I may try a new methodology and try to knock Fett out at the very beginning

#8561 4 years ago

What's your best score for the asteroid minigame? I finally got a perfect with full turbo all the way and 40x multiplier. 723 million for that one mode!

#8562 4 years ago

Mine is 759,200.

#8563 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your best score for the asteroid minigame? I finally got a perfect with full turbo all the way and 40x multiplier. 723 million for that one mode!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8564 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The video mode increases in value each time you start it. I believe level 3 is the highest value.

#8565 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The video mode increases in value each time you start it. I believe level 3 is the highest value.

I think it was the first time because it gets too hard to get a perfect with turbos on solid the second and third time.

#8566 4 years ago
EF8E9345-0490-4786-BB90-C88ACE738F2A.jpegEF8E9345-0490-4786-BB90-C88ACE738F2A.jpeg
#8567 4 years ago

Wish there was a leaderboard for tie fighter multiball. I never seem to get much out of it. Or maybe I just suck.

Also, how does hyperspace multiball work? Do you get more distance with each yellow shot?

#8568 4 years ago

Placed my order for a Comic Premium and dropped the check in the mail today (whew!). This is my my first New-in-Box game. I've read through a lot of general advice for NiB games - Premium Owners: any specific must-do's for this machine? I've already ordered a set of plastic protectors as well as a shooter lane protector. Any additions or adjustments that are universally recommended?

#8569 4 years ago
Quoted from agreen:

Placed my order for a Comic Premium and dropped the check in the mail today (whew!). This is my my first New-in-Box game. I've read through a lot of general advice for NiB games - Premium Owners: any specific must-do's for this machine? I've already ordered a set of plastic protectors as well as a shooter lane protector. Any additions or adjustments that are universally recommended?

The game is actually fairly solid. All the bugs have been worked out by now. I have the same game with the same mods. They only other thing I picked up was a shaker. I think it really adds to the wow factor for this title.

#8570 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The game is actually fairly solid. All the bugs have been worked out by now. I have the same game with the same mods. They only other thing I picked up was a shaker. I think it really adds to the wow factor for this title.

Sweet - thanks. Yeah a shaker is on my list for sure.

#8571 4 years ago
Quoted from agreen:

Sweet - thanks. Yeah a shaker is on my list for sure.

The Stern art blades for the regular Star Wars Premium are very nice, I haven't seen the comic ones in real life, but they look nice, too. I would consider adding Stern art blades to your list.

https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/star-wars-comic-book-inside-art-blades

Use the wet method for install, it's very forgiving.

#8572 4 years ago
Quoted from agreen:

Took the words right out of my mouth. Although I preferred the original art and Pinball Company had one NIB in stock. Winding its way here on a truck, hopefully will have it mid-next week. Something to do in between stints of working from home, here in the epicenter of the outbreak.

A big part of choosing this one over, say, Stranger Things, was that I definitely got the sense here that most of the kinks have been pretty well addressed by now, and I’m not afraid of a setup needing some tweaking to dial it in. Heck, I’ve had a 3D printer for several years and that thing is nothing -but- endless mechanical and firmware hell.

#8573 4 years ago
Quoted from GeminiGuy:

Took the words right out of my mouth. Although I preferred the original art and Pinball Company had one NIB in stock. Winding its way here on a truck, hopefully will have it mid-next week. Something to do in between stints of working from home, here in the epicenter of the outbreak.
A big part of choosing this one over, say, Stranger Things, was that I definitely got the sense here that most of the kinks have been pretty well addressed by now, and I’m not afraid of a setup needing some tweaking to dial it in. Heck, I’ve had a 3D printer for several years and that thing is nothing -but- endless mechanical and firmware hell.

Congrats! For me it was between this and Jurassic Park. I really enjoy JP a lot, and hope to own it someday, but SW has come a long way, has great depth, and I'm a huge fan of the comic art. I figured that the production on SW would probably end soon, and I think the comic art is a fairly limited run.

Good luck with the game once it arrives!

#8574 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Stern art blades for the regular Star Wars Premium are very nice, I haven't seen the comic ones in real life, but they look nice, too. I would consider adding Stern art blades to your list.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/star-wars-comic-book-inside-art-blades
Use the wet method for install, it's very forgiving.

The comic art blades are also pretty sweet looking - I've never installed art blades before, but the videos I've seen make it look manageable, especially when wet.

comic_blades (resized).jpgcomic_blades (resized).jpg
#8575 4 years ago
Quoted from agreen:

The comic art blades are also pretty sweet looking - I've never installed art blades before, but the videos I've seen make it look manageable, especially when wet.

I put them on my SW Comic Premium and I highly recommend them. They look awesome installed.

#8576 4 years ago

I put a comic book version on my pro.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#8577 4 years ago

The stern blades are much better than the aftermarket stuff. They are very thick and easy to install.

#8578 4 years ago

That thickness can be problem for some cabinets. I wound up using some Pingraffix blades and they are tough but thin enough to not cause any interference.

#8579 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That thickness can be problem for some cabinets. I wound up using some Pingraffix blades and they are tough but thin enough to not cause any interference.

I've never had an issue installing Stern art blades on any Stern machine due to the thickness.

#8580 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I put a comic book version on my pro. [quoted image]

Oooh...more pics please. I've been thinking of doing the same. Wish they would make this design in the original art style also...

#8581 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've never had an issue installing Stern art blades on any Stern machine due to the thickness.

The cab on mine is very close fitting. Hardly enough room for the ones I installed. Varies.

#8582 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The cab on mine is very close fitting. Hardly enough room for the ones I installed. Varies.

Close-fitting, but there IS enough room.

#8583 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Close-fitting, but there IS enough room.

Not always. On my Star Wars the playfield rubs the sides of the cab when lifting. Any side blades would be destroyed pretty fast, Stern or otherwise. Other pins I have no problem.

#8584 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not always. On my Star Wars the playfield rubs the sides of the cab when lifting. Any side blades would be destroyed pretty fast, Stern or otherwise. Other pins I have no problem.

It rubs on both sides? I've never seen a Stern pf that tight on both sides.

#8585 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Oooh...more pics please. I've been thinking of doing the same. Wish they would make this design in the original art style also...

Here ya go!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#8586 4 years ago

Refer to my post #8459 on page 170 for a couple of pics of the Stern comic art blades in a Comic Premium.

#8587 4 years ago

Has anyone heard if Stern is still 'business as usual' and building more SW (and other) machines at the moment?

#8588 4 years ago

Hey everyone! Just got my Pro a few weeks ago and having quite the trouble with the right sling. This thing just keeps throwing the ball into the left out lane. It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before. I’ve played this game on location at a number of different places and nothing like this has ever happened. Any ideas?

#8589 4 years ago
Quoted from Exeter:

Hey everyone! Just got my Pro a few weeks ago and having quite the trouble with the right sling. This thing just keeps throwing the ball into the left out lane. It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before. I’ve played this game on location at a number of different places and nothing like this has ever happened. Any ideas?

These have worked for me:
1. Make sure the left out lane post is in the lower of the 2 positions.
2. Reduce the coil power in the operator settings
3. As soon as the ball starts bouncing back and forth between the slings I give the machine a good forward nudge

#8590 4 years ago
Quoted from Exeter:

Make sure the sling posts are tight in the playfield. I've had a few games where they were pretty lose from the factory, causing some nasty airballs and other issues. That goes for all the other posts in the game too...not just the slings. My BK:SoR had literally every post barely finger tight causing all sorts of fun... :/

#8591 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

These have worked for me:
1. Make sure the left out lane post is in the lower of the 2 positions.
2. Reduce the coil power in the operator settings
3. As soon as the ball starts bouncing back and forth between the slings I give the machine a good forward nudge

Thanks for the insights. I planned on moving the outline posts down and I do nudge the game quite a bit but that didn’t seem to help a whole lot.

#8592 4 years ago

I replaced all my rubber with Titan Translucents, except for the rubber behind the small LCD near the pops, that one I replaced with a Blue Superband because the translucent just didn't get enough action back to the pops. The translucent rings, not only look way better, but have a little more give than the factory rubber, just enough to avoid ping-ponging of the ball into the outlanes... It has made the game so much fun, but still a challenge... I didn't adjust any coil strengths.

#8593 4 years ago
Quoted from Exeter:

Adjust sling power to SOFT and see what you get. I don't think you can stop it completely. Also check your balance left to right and your pitch. Star Wars is EXTREMELY sensitive to this, more than any other pin I've ever set up.

#8594 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Adjust sling power in small increments until it happens less. I don't think you can stop it completely. Also check your balance left to right and your pitch. Star Wars is EXTREMELY sensitive to this, more than any other pin I've ever set up.

You can't adjust sling power, can you? I thought it just had 'normal/high' for all coils?

#8595 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You can't adjust sling power, can you? I thought it just had 'normal/high' for all coils?

That is true, there is no separate adjustment for the slings.

#8596 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Oh, right, I forgot Star Wars doesn't have granular control.

You get Soft, Normal, Hard coil pulse power. I'd set it to Soft. Fixed the original post.

#8597 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It rubs on both sides? I've never seen a Stern pf that tight on both sides.

Me neither, until this one.

#8598 4 years ago

So I'm playing today and notice the decal on the magnetic accelerator cover coming off... I removed the cover, carefully removed the decal, the remaining adhesive came off pretty easily with some goo gone...I applied 3m super thin double sided tape, reapplied and so far so good...

Has anyone had this happen before? The decal is fairly thick and fights against the curve of the cover it is attached to... So I'm not sure if this is a permanent fix... Any ideas.. Don't want this to keep coming off, and don't want to use super glue..

Screenshot_20200319-014246_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20200319-014246_Photos.jpg
#8599 4 years ago

NIB original art Premium arrived today, my first ownership experience! Been having a blast with it so far. Right outlane gate was sticky, but a minor readjustment of the setscrew stopped it from rubbing against the bushing and now all is well. No other problems to report but still making minor tweaks to leveling, moved left outlane post to the bottom hole as well. Came with 1.05 installed, manufacturing date appears to be December 2019.
55F40A81-A368-4201-9DB7-A8E41C777B25 (resized).jpeg55F40A81-A368-4201-9DB7-A8E41C777B25 (resized).jpeg

#8600 4 years ago

Welcome to the club!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/172?hl=exeter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.