SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 302.
#8501 4 years ago

Are both of your shaker weights pointed in the same direction? Mine were originally and I had to adjust them because it shook too much.

#8502 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

What exactly do you suggest I change bro?

Quoted from Jerickso77:

I never adjusted the auto plunge but I did turn down the scoop power so it just goes to the right flipper for an easy trap.

This can be done, although the game was designed to be kicked to the left flipper per SR, if memory serves. Anyway, people are free to set it up whatever way they prefer.
But yes, you've got coil strengths in there to play with, and you can take the plastic off and change the physical shooter lane guide, and as others say you need to have it set up just right. Just a little tweak here and there makes a big diff'rence.
Let's not get annoyed, let's analize (sic) the issue and start fixin'.
SW Prem+ gets a bad rap for no reason with left side drains when it could be fixed. Remember when people were burning down the world with TWD SDTM from pops? Never had it happen to me.

#8503 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I never adjusted the auto plunge but I did turn down the scoop power so it just goes to the right flipper for an easy trap.

There's a posting somewhere in here where it mentions moving the ball guide slightly towards the center of the playfield for the scoop instead of lowering the power down to hit the right flipper. I just did it on mine. Worked out well!

#8504 4 years ago

Yeah...all these issues can be addressed with a few guide rail tweaks. Might take some fiddling around, but it can be done and isn't that difficult.

#8505 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah...all these issues can be addressed with a few guide rail tweaks. Might take some fiddling around, but it can be done and isn't that difficult.

I was able to get it working right with just leg leveler adjustments and changing the 3/4" rubber at the exit of the shooter lane. The factory one was a little "fat" and was affecting the ball direction at launch making it impossible to hit the right two targets.

The pitch and absolute level of this machine is more critical than any machine I've ever seen. It's an extremely fine line between entertaining and extrement with this one.

#8506 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was able to get it working right with just leg leveler adjustments. The pitch and absolute level of this machine is more critical than any machine I've ever seen. It's an extremely fine line between entertaining and extrement with this one.

Yup...I agree. For my machine, leveling was not enough but since getting it dialed in it's been solid. Most tweaking I have had to do since Avengers, but SO worth it!

#8507 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Have you tested the action with your hands for binding or anything catching the release impeding it's travel back to the resting position. That and a coil sleeve swap are two things I do first.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Coil stop broken or loose.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Very likely a broken coil stop. Stern is notorious for this. Pinball life has very good replacements that are more durable:
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

Thanks for the help ... I’ll pop the hood this weekend to ck out those parts ... just seems weird it only happens when game has been playing for a long tine ... first hour of gameplay no problems with the flippers .

#8508 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Thanks for the help ... I’ll pop the hood this weekend to ck out those parts ... just seems weird it only happens when game has been playing for a long tine ... first hour of gameplay no problems with the flippers .

If it's not the coil stop, it may be a coil going bad that is expanding into the inside from heat buildup, which would explain why it gets worse the longer you play it. But I still think coil stop is the biggest suspect.

#8509 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's not the coil stop, it may be a coil going bad that is expanding into the inside from heat buildup, which would explain why it gets worse the longer you play it. But I still think coil stop is the biggest suspect.

Thanks , probably a combination since this is an ongoing problem with newer sterns from what I’ve read.

#8510 4 years ago

Is there a mirror so you can see the lanes behind the LCD screen? I see cointaker has one for GB - will that one fit? Is there a SW specific one?

#8511 4 years ago

Had some requests for light color brackets for STAR WARS, but didn't have a machine to measure out the white inserts until recently. Now that I do, I've made three sets of insert brackets to colorize the white inserts on STAR WARS. They'll be in the Pinmonk store and at pinmonk.com shortly.

EDIT: They're in the pinside pinmonk store here now:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk
(and on pinmonk.com for international orders)

The FORCE blue gradient/Lightsaber Duel Red&Blue duotone bracket
FORCE-inserts-small (resized).jpgFORCE-inserts-small (resized).jpg
Force_Bracket_sml (resized).jpgForce_Bracket_sml (resized).jpg

Character mode brackets
Star_Wars_Character_Bracket_small (resized).jpgStar_Wars_Character_Bracket_small (resized).jpg
bracket-picture_sml (resized).jpgbracket-picture_sml (resized).jpg

Jedi and Victory multiball brackets
multiball-inserts-small (resized).jpgmultiball-inserts-small (resized).jpg

#8512 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Had some requests for light color brackets for STAR WARS, but didn't have a machine to measure out the white inserts until recently. Now that I do, I've made three sets of insert brackets to colorize the white inserts on STAR WARS. They'll be in the Pinmonk store and at pinmonk.com shortly. The character inserts bracket is in the store now, and the FORCE/Lightsaber Duel gradient/duotone bracket and multiball bracket pair will follow.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool! Just kind of funny though...heaven for bid there are any white inserts on a game! Lol.

#8513 4 years ago

Force and lightsaber ones look cool.

#8514 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Cool! Just kind of funny though...heaven for bid there are any white inserts on a game! Lol.

White inserts in moderation are okay. There are still some left on STAR WARS even after doing all these. The left spinner flasher insert, for example, which I wouldn't change. But the biggest problem for me is that too much white in the LED era is just too glaring in a dark room. Putting insert brackets on them cuts the light to a more even level with all the other inserts (and sometimes looks much cooler, like the FORCE bracket blue gradient progression turned out this time).

#8515 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

White inserts in moderation are okay. There are still some left on STAR WARS even after doing all these. The left spinner flasher insert, for example, which I wouldn't change. But the biggest problem for me is that too much white in the LED era is just too glaring in a dark room. Putting insert brackets on them cuts the light to a more even level with all the other inserts (and sometimes looks much cooler, like the FORCE bracket turned out this time).

They all look amazing!I'm in for a complete set !

#8516 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Had some requests for light color brackets for STAR WARS, but didn't have a machine to measure out the white inserts until recently. Now that I do, I've made three sets of insert brackets to colorize the white inserts on STAR WARS. They'll be in the Pinmonk store and at pinmonk.com shortly. The character inserts bracket is in the store now, and the FORCE/Lightsaber Duel gradient/duotone bracket and multiball bracket pair will follow.

These look amazing, I'll be ordering all soon!!! Thank you

#8517 4 years ago

I debated placing color character inserts in the Star Wars. Those photos make me pause and consider them again. I'll bet they look great in the Comic-Art edition.

BTW. Your inserts for Iron Maiden are perfect and a must have. Most everything you do is awesome.

#8518 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I debated placing color character inserts in the Star Wars. Those photos make me pause and consider them again. I'll bet they look great in the Comic-Art edition.
BTW. Your inserts for Iron Maiden are perfect and a must have. Most everything you do is awesome.

Thanks for the compliment on the maiden insert brackets!

I try to carefully consider color, and if I can't make it better, I leave it alone. Case in point is the long Ghostbusters ghost counter stack. I have the bracket made, and have for a long time, but I just can't get a color gradient progression that looks GOOD, so I've just left it white.

#8519 4 years ago

I stopped into the Woodshop at McMenamin's in Seattle area (Bothell) to play Stranger Things on my way home the other day. I was surprised to see a SW Pro Comic Art version in the 5-pin lineup. I played a few games on SW and was surprised that I liked the Comic Art more than I thought I would. It brightens up the playfield. To me it seems like it made the Endor ramp slightly harder to see and hit, but that could be a Pro vs. Premium/LE difference (since Death Star is harder on Prem/LE, maybe Endor is easier).

Doesn't make me want to trade in my LE for Comic, but good for Stern in offering the different art.

(Extra photo to show lineup for anyone in area that wants to check it out. The 2 games I played were set up fairly well, but the negative about the Woodshop is that it's noisy and the volume on the games is low or possibly off.

60413537788__AC8FC5F9-5260-4F78-A364-B279AA3B6AEE (resized).JPG60413537788__AC8FC5F9-5260-4F78-A364-B279AA3B6AEE (resized).JPGIMG_6051 (resized).jpgIMG_6051 (resized).jpg
#8520 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

I stopped into the Woodshop at McMenamin's in Seattle area (Bothell) to play Stranger Things on my way home the other day. I was surprised to see a SW Pro Comic Art version in the 5-pin lineup. I played a few games on SW and was surprised that I liked the Comic Art more than I thought I would. It brightens up the playfield. To me it seems like it made the Endor ramp slightly harder to see and hit, but that could be a Pro vs. Premium/LE difference (since Death Star is harder on Prem/LE, maybe Endor is easier).
Doesn't make me want to trade in my LE for Comic, but good for Stern in offering the different art.
(Extra photo to show lineup for anyone in area that wants to check it out. The 2 games I played were set up fairly well, but the negative about the Woodshop is that it's noisy and the volume on the games is low or possibly off.[quoted image][quoted image]

What software was Stranger Things running in the wild? Some ops are great at staying up to date, and some never update a pin after putting it out...

#8521 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What software was Stranger Things running in the wild? Some ops are great at staying up to date, and some never update a pin after putting it out...

Curious as to why operators seem to be lax in updating code, don't they equate the best version of the game with more profit...see this on LEs and Limited Editions alot... Why even have those versions then?

#8522 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Curious as to why operators seem to be lax in updating code, don't they equate the best version of the game with more profit...see this on LEs and Limited Editions alot... Why even have those versions then?

Least-earning thing they likely have out (cranes, pool, jukeboxes, etc earn way more) and the bigger operators are only putting them out to satisfy an agreement with the location to have pinball of a certain level in the mix.

#8523 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Curious as to why operators seem to be lax in updating code, don't they equate the best version of the game with more profit...

Because there isn't much actual connection between the 2.

#8524 4 years ago

Yeah, it sucks. There is GOTG close enough for me to go play on my lunch break but it is still on release code.

#8525 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because there isn't much actual connection between the 2.

Why is that though? Maybe long term $ would increase by putting the best out there...I know I don't continue to put money into a machine if it's old code

#8526 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Why is that though? Maybe long term $ would increase by putting the best out there...I know I don't continue to put money into a machine if it's old code

Most casuals have no idea. They drop their money and bat the ball around.

#8527 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sorry, this was the first time I played Stranger Things, and I didn't look at the software version.

McMenamin's Anderson School is a great place to visit, with several buildings hosting different types of restaurants and bars on an old school campus. It also has a pool and a movie theater.

Pinball is not the main attraction at the Woodshop pub. There are also 3 pool tables and 2 full size shuffleboard tables. Having said that, the pinball machines were all relatively new and all seemed to be in good condition.

https://www.mcmenamins.com/anderson-school/the-woodshop

Also:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Most casuals have no idea. They drop their money and bat the ball around.

This is what Pinball is at McMenamin's - just a casual game. But so far they are doing it well enough to get some non-pinheads interested, IMO.

#8528 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Sorry, this was the first time I played Stranger Things, and I didn't look at the software version.

You can't just leave it there! What was your experience with the game?

#8529 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can't just leave it there! What was your experience with the game?

While I could hear Star Wars, I could not really hear Stranger Things that well - and audio is a big component for me (and why I'll likely never own a Metallica or Iron maiden, even though they are fun games).

I have not read any info on gameplay. I have watched all 3 seasons of Stranger Things.

It was fairly straightforward to drop the ramp and get the Demogorgan to come out from behind the wall. Fun to try and shoot the ball into it's mouth, with misses going all over the place. I did get it in once. The ball seemed to get delayed or stuck under the left ramp a lot. The video seems to be used well, from the little bit that I played. Good lights.

That's about all I can say - I only played ~5 games with almost no audio feedback due to low sound setting and a loud bar on Saturday night. Looking forward to trying it more in an arcade where I can hear things. This location just happens to be more convenient for me.

[Back to Star Wars.... ]

#8530 4 years ago

I had unexpectedly more immediate demand for the STAR WARS Force gradient/duotone bracket than I expected, so none of the orders for those and the other two STAR WARS color brackets went out this week while I made more FORCE ones and tweaked the duotone insert. I have enough of all of them made now and the orders from earlier in the week when I announced them will ship tomorrow.
FORCE-inserts-small (resized).jpgFORCE-inserts-small (resized).jpgForce_Bracket_sml (resized).jpgForce_Bracket_sml (resized).jpg

#8531 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had unexpectedly more immediate demand for the STAR WARS Force gradient/duotone bracket than I expected, so none of the orders for those and the other two STAR WARS color brackets went out this week while I made more FORCE ones and tweaked the duotone insert. I have enough of all of them made now and the orders from earlier in the week when I announced them will ship tomorrow.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You do excellent work! Eagerly awaiting all 3 of mine ...Thank you for the update

#8532 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

You do excellent work! Eagerly awaiting all 3 of mine ...Thank you for the update

Thanks for the understanding. I wasn't super-happy with the duotone insert viewing angle, and once I realized more than I expected to initially ship were going out (so it would be hard to fine tune them in the field if I wanted to make it better), I decided to use the time while making more brackets to fine-tune it so it was easier to see both colors when it was lit up. Stern only used one tiny LED for that whole giant insert, so even light distribution when a filter is cutting some of it and there are two colors at literally opposite ends of the visible spectrum fighting for the output from that one little LED was a challenge.

I got it, though. Looks really cool from any angle now.

#8534 4 years ago

This is a must have! I made sure i had one ready for my pro before my game even showed up!

#8535 4 years ago

Hello fellow owners. I have a SW Premium problem. My once very consistent auto launcher is now putting up lame ducks 50% of the time. Most of my experience is on Bally / Williams games or older Sterns. Is this new auto launcher / plunger problematic? My Elvira HoH still kicks out perfect every time and it has ways more games on it. Is this a common problem? My first 100 games the ball would always strike the #2 stationary target. Now it misses the target bank altogether half the time. I was going to tear into it tomorrow but thought I would ask here first.

#8536 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

This is a must have! I made sure i had one ready for my pro before my game even showed up!

I was really impressed with how the satellite spotlight reflector replacements from Mod Couple really upped the theming of the playfield, and very inexpensively:

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-star-wars-custom-mod-collection/products/star-wars-custom-satellite-reflectors-mod-set

#8537 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Hello fellow owners. I have a SW Premium problem. My once very consistent auto launcher is now putting up lame ducks 50% of the time. Most of my experience is on Bally / Williams games or older Sterns. Is this new auto launcher / plunger problematic? My Elvira HoH still kicks out perfect every time and it has ways more games on it. Is this a common problem? My first 100 games the ball would always strike the #2 stationary target. Now it misses the target bank altogether half the time. I was going to tear into it tomorrow but thought I would ask here first.

Your problem is probably the ball hitting the edge of the ball save gate divertor when it's open causing the ball not to fully launch. Mine does the same thing and have not researched a fix other than removing the gate altogether.

#8538 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Mine does the same thing and have not researched a fix other than removing the gate altogether.

File down the gate edge in a 45° angle to match to other side. Worked for me. Additonally the ball sometimes hits the jedi target at the edge of the shooter lane exit. MAke sure it is adjusted to not be in the way.

#8539 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was really impressed with how the satellite spotlight reflector replacements from Mod Couple really upped the theming of the playfield, and very inexpensively:
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-star-wars-custom-mod-collection/products/star-wars-custom-satellite-reflectors-mod-set

Those are kinda cool! Not too sure on the price though as you'd need 3 sets which leaves 1 left over since they come in sets of 2 for some reason.

#8540 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

File down the gate edge in a 45° angle to match to other side. Worked for me. Additonally the ball sometimes hits the jedi target at the edge of the shooter lane exit. MAke sure it is adjusted to not be in the way.

Thanks for the advise.

#8541 4 years ago

Ugh, getting real sick of my tie wing coming loose. The screw head is pretty much stripped at this point. Maybe I should just glue the damn thing?

#8542 4 years ago

Hi! I didn’t think the R2 topper would integrate well with the comic version so I stole an animatronic Yoda from my sons room and added green LED’s from Comet Pinball to spruce him up a bit.
88DC4C73-B5C3-49B6-81E4-6A4D71915D40 (resized).jpeg88DC4C73-B5C3-49B6-81E4-6A4D71915D40 (resized).jpeg

A47DDF65-E92E-4F5E-B750-87E49FDFFC42 (resized).jpegA47DDF65-E92E-4F5E-B750-87E49FDFFC42 (resized).jpegD1C93A8A-7BD2-416C-9284-8E81A10DD765.jpegD1C93A8A-7BD2-416C-9284-8E81A10DD765.jpeg
#8543 4 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Hi! I didn’t think the R2 topper would integrate well with the comic version so I stole an animatronic Yoda from my sons room and added green LED’s from Comet Pinball to spruce him up a bit.

It's a cool idea, but it seems much too small for the area.

Maybe one (or opposing) lightsaber(s) on a stand would look cool...

obi-wan-lightsaber (resized).jpgobi-wan-lightsaber (resized).jpg
#8544 4 years ago

Loving the new color inserts... Thanks PinMonk

20200304_154217.jpg20200304_154217.jpg
#8545 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Loving the new color inserts... Thanks vireland[quoted image]

Awesome, thanks for posting a pic of your install! I'm interested to see what these look like on a comic art one, too.

#8546 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It does look great. Nice color choices.

#8547 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Nice, I can't wait to get mine. I ordered them for every game I have.

#8548 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

It does look great. Nice color choices.

I personally think it wahses out the contrast on the Playfield. To my opinion the bright whites really set the scene for the other colors. Especially the FORCE-area suffers from being dulled down. More to that on the photo above the pink doesnt match. I'm glad you all like it, tho. That's what is great about pinball - everyone gets to do or not do whatever he or she wants

#8549 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I personally think it wahses out the contrast on the Playfield. To my opinion the bright whites really set the scene for the other colors. Especially the FORCE-area suffers from being dulled down. More to that on the photo above the pink doesnt match. I'm glad you all like it, tho. That's what is great about pinball - everyone gets to do or not do whatever he or she wants

I wasn't super-sure I'd want the character inserts colored, but once I did it, I wouldn't go back. Also, the Leia one is more purple in real life. It photographs pinkish.

The FORCE bracket is designed to complement the playfield art with the dark to light shades of blue transition. So is the duotone lightsaber duel insert, with blue on the bottom side matching the playfield that transitions to red on the top side that flows into the red lightsaber on the playfield.

Stern LED whites drive me crazy on pinball machines because they're just too bright in a dark room, so the biggest benefit for me is cutting that glare a little with the light filters. Ghostbusters was WAY worse in that regard, but STAR WARS has some of that, too.

#8550 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wasn't super-sure I'd want the character inserts colored, but once I did it, I wouldn't go back. Also, the Leia one is more purple in real life. It photographs pinkish.

The FORCE bracket is designed to complement the playfield art with the dark to light shades of blue transition. So is the duotone lightsaber duel insert, with blue on the bottom side matching the playfield that transitions to red on the top side that flows into the red lightsaber on the playfield.

Stern LED whites drive me crazy on pinball machines because they're just too bright in a dark room, so the biggest benefit for me is cutting that glare a little with the light filters. Ghostbusters was WAY worse in that regard, but STAR WARS has some of that, too.

Dude, responding defensively to all postings about your stuff makes you seem desperate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/171?hl=bmanpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.