SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 302.
#8451 4 years ago

Anyway, installed pinnovators sub connection system and hooked up polk sub yesterday. Wow, it's awesome but my wife complains because it interferes with her watching TV upstairs in the family room.

She said she can also hear it in the garage.

#8452 4 years ago

Oh man so close yet again...5,148,587.710 score with a #13 pinside rank on my Premium....I gotta get to that emperor!!!! https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/star-wars-stern-le/scores

20200206_152338 (resized).jpg20200206_152338 (resized).jpg
#8453 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Oh man so close yet again...5,148,587.710 score with a #13 pinside rank on my Premium....I gotta get to that emperor!!!! https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/star-wars-stern-le/scores[quoted image]

Nice! Keep at it. You'll get there, and I promise it will be worth it. It's amazing!

#8454 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Oh man so close yet again...5,148,587.710 score with a #13 pinside rank on my Premium....I gotta get to that emperor!!!! https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/star-wars-stern-le/scores[quoted image]

Huh - I thought I thematically figured out how to incorporate "DAD" into every possible Star Wars high score. How did I miss "YODAD"? Well played.

#8455 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Huh - I thought I thematically figured out how to incorporate "DAD" into every possible Star Wars high score. How did I miss "YODAD"? Well played.

Thank you !

#8456 4 years ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Anyone ever find the Millennium Falcon kit available anywhere? Stern has it listed as an optional add on, part # 520-7000-00 (the premium part # is 511-7887-00). Love to add one to my Pro.

Can’t do it. The premium and LE owners will bitch slap ya!

#8457 4 years ago

I know I posted about this before but the problem is still happening and I want to see if anyone else has it. I received 2 tech alerts the other day one was switch #56 Mid Fork Ramp and the other was reported as #32 Bottom Bumper. The problem is that when I went to switches 56 and 32 they were in service and was not the Mid Fork Ramp or the Bottom Bumper. The Mid Fork Ramp is #65 and there is no such switch as Bottom Bumper so I had to individually check out each switch until I found the one out of service. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I want to make sure there is nothing seriously wrong with my machine as my 1 year warranty is just about over. Thanks in advance for any help.

#8458 4 years ago

No “topper” ... but a good use of space
Led lights soon to highlight figures...

E141BFE7-2CC8-40FD-BFDF-7680394EE4F9 (resized).jpegE141BFE7-2CC8-40FD-BFDF-7680394EE4F9 (resized).jpeg
#8459 4 years ago

A buddy came over today and helped me install Stern art blades in my Comic Premium. These are comic art blades to match the rest of the comic art. They look pretty sweet (IMO) and seem to brighten up the playfield.

20200209_161005 (resized).jpg20200209_161005 (resized).jpg20200209_170112 (resized).jpg20200209_170112 (resized).jpg
#8460 4 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

I know I posted about this before but the problem is still happening and I want to see if anyone else has it. I received 2 tech alerts the other day one was switch #56 Mid Fork Ramp and the other was reported as #32 Bottom Bumper. The problem is that when I went to switches 56 and 32 they were in service and was not the Mid Fork Ramp or the Bottom Bumper. The Mid Fork Ramp is #65 and there is no such switch as Bottom Bumper so I had to individually check out each switch until I found the one out of service. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I want to make sure there is nothing seriously wrong with my machine as my 1 year warranty is just about over. Thanks in advance for any help.

One year warranty? Nice.

#8461 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

A buddy came over today and helped me install Stern art blades in my Comic Premium. These are comic art blades to match the rest of the comic art. They look pretty sweet (IMO) and seem to brighten up the playfield.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! I didn't even know stern had a set of their own for the comic editions.

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

No “topper” ... but a good use of space
Led lights soon to highlight figures...[quoted image]

Here is my low cost topper.

20200120_191223 (resized).jpg20200120_191223 (resized).jpg
#8463 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm nowhere near your level but I just collected a 58M hurry up shot, this pin is so fun (I don't care what others say about the crazy multipliers!).

#8464 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm nowhere near your level but I just collected a 58M hurry up shot, this pin is so fun (I don't care what others say about the crazy multipliers!).

Just wait until you hit a 1 billion hurry up. So good!

#8465 4 years ago

First time owner of any machine, and picked this one up last week. In an apartment now, is there any way to turn down the flipper eject noise down so I don't get forced to sell it =)

#8466 4 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

First time owner of any machine, and picked this one up last week. In an apartment now, is there any way to turn down the flipper eject noise down so I don't get forced to sell it =)

Just thinking off the top:

Turn down trough eject to 176 (lowest setting)
Line cabinet with vinyl dynamat (I wouldn't think of putting any kinds of foam in the cab - ie fire)
arrange acoustic foam on walls outside surrounding machine to knock down echo

Unfortunately - solenoid noise is inherent to pinball and inescapable to some degree

#8467 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Can’t do it. The premium and LE owners will bitch slap ya!

Nah, I can't add the Hyperloop, etc. They can live with everyone being able to have a Falcon of their own.

#8468 4 years ago

Join us tonight at 7:30/8PM EST for a Stern Pinball 'Star Wars' Pro Pinball strategy & guide steam |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|. LEARN THIS GAME! It's a lot of fun once you do. See you tonight! - https://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

f5323f174591585d5a9c2793464007c8 (resized).jpgf5323f174591585d5a9c2793464007c8 (resized).jpg
#8469 4 years ago

Playing R2 character , somehow something blew up on the screen .. I think it was Jabbas ship ? Not sure .. anyway immediately after that I achieved Victory MB .. I thought it was only on the DS mode ... this game is full of surprises , have I mentioned it’s the best game I’ve played and owned .. probably

#8470 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Playing R2 character , somehow something blew up on the screen .. I think it was Jabbas ship ? Not sure .. anyway immediately after that I achieved Victory MB .. I thought it was only on the DS mode ... this game is full of surprises , have I mentioned it’s the best game I’ve played and owned .. probably

Sounds like you beat the Escape From Tatooine mini-wizard mode. Nice work! Each of the four planet mini-wizards lead to Victory Multiball if you beat them. Doing well in Victory leads to medals. I think you get bronze for hitting every shot, and then upgrade them to silver and gold by hitting them all again. Medals bring big points when you get to the Emperor.

I rarely get to Victory...especially more than one per game. I even more rarely get a medal. I have only fought the Emperor three times, and have not yet been able to bring a medal with me when I did!

Amazing game all around. So many paths to take, all rewarding. Love it!

#8471 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sounds like you beat the Escape From Tatooine mini-wizard mode. Nice work! Each of the four planet mini-wizards lead to Victory Multiball if you beat them. Doing well in Victory leads to medals. I think you get bronze for hitting every shot, and then upgrade them to silver and gold by hitting them all again. Medals bring big points when you get to the Emperor.
I rarely get to Victory...especially more than one per game. I even more rarely get a medal. I have only fought the Emperor three times, and have not yet been able to bring a medal with me when I did!
Amazing game all around. So many paths to take, all rewarding. Love it!

Ok thanks ... I‘ve only reached VMB after destroying the DS ... and that was only 2X .. I’ve never reached the emperor yet ... Looking forward to that ... I’m really diggin the hyperloop MB as that’s my objective since owning the game ... and that’s rush in itself .

#8472 4 years ago

Made it to the emperor only once in over a year of ownership, because the BobaFet mode seems to always cause ball drains and hate the flashing lights. Wish the flashing lights were programmed as an option. No one in my home likes that happening while trying to defeat the mode. It isn’t fun and just plain irritating.

However, it is great fun to just go for defeating the DS and getting multiple balls in the hyper loop.

#8473 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Made it to the emperor only once in over a year of ownership, because the BobaFet mode seems to always causes ball drain and hate the flashing lights. Wish the flashing lights were programmed as an option. No one in my home likes that happening while trying to defeat the mode. It isn’t fun and just plain irritating.
However, it is great fun to just go for defeating the DS and getting multiple balls in the hyper loop.

Funny... I love that mode!

#8474 4 years ago

Can someone tell me how the tie fighter comes off ? I see the screw on the back for the bracket but how does it come off from the bottom of the spring?

#8475 4 years ago

4 screws on back of tie fighter that attach to the bracket.

#8476 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

4 screws on back of tie fighter that attach to the bracket.

I should have asked the question more appropriately... Im trying to install Mezel mods air ball protector. It installs under the rod where the spring is for the tie fighter. How does the rod come off?

#8477 4 years ago

Got yelled at for yelling “The Rancor” tonight
I can’t help myself , I do it all the time for that mode . Weird I know .

#8478 4 years ago

Can someone post a pic of how the clear plastic behind the playfield monitor mounts?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#8479 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can someone post a pic of how the clear plastic behind the playfield monitor mounts?[quoted image]

Took these a while back for a friend who was reassembling and asked the exact question. Hope these help!

8E8E662B-70F3-4C1D-9258-260FCC3EB75D (resized).jpeg8E8E662B-70F3-4C1D-9258-260FCC3EB75D (resized).jpegF9F2DC74-3A53-42BD-BFB6-E109EA1A999D (resized).jpegF9F2DC74-3A53-42BD-BFB6-E109EA1A999D (resized).jpeg
#8480 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Took these a while back for a friend who was reassembling and asked the exact question. Hope these help![quoted image][quoted image]

Sure do! I've got the posts in the wrong place! thanks man!

#8481 4 years ago

I'm not at all interested in the topper.... but I might feign interest to my wife, and then go out and buy a new Lego UCS to put on top as a nice compromise.

Shes actually bought me a couple and I've put them together with my daughter. That's been really fun. My problem is the tie fighter and slave 1 are both too tall to be used as a topper. If I could be confident in securing it, a y-wing would be pretty perfect. Maybe I could even suspend it above the game with some fish line.

#8482 4 years ago

Got a tech question about the right flipper . Playing the game for about 2 hours and I’m noticing the right flipper isn’t coming back to its resting position. It’s starts out with a pause , and as I play more it actually sticks in the active position. This is only when the game is in constant use after a few hours . I know that right flipper gets a lot of hold during the play to make the good shots . Could a coil be getting overheated ? Thanks in advance for any input .

#8483 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Got a tech question about the right flipper . Playing the game for about 2 hours and I’m noticing the right flipper isn’t coming back to its resting position. It’s starts out with a pause , and as I play more it actually sticks in the active position. This is only when the game is in constant use after a few hours . I know that right flipper gets a lot of hold during the play to make the good shots . Could a coil be getting overheated ? Thanks in advance for any input .

Have you tested the action with your hands for binding or anything catching the release impeding it's travel back to the resting position. That and a coil sleeve swap are two things I do first.

#8484 4 years ago

Coil stop broken or loose.

#8485 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Very likely a broken coil stop. Stern is notorious for this. Pinball life has very good replacements that are more durable:

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#8486 4 years ago

I just got a premium and love it. Today, I added a shaker from pinball life and made sure the settings were on "MAXIMAL". I'm surprised that not much on the playfield seems to activate the shaker and when it does shake, it's maybe for a split second.
Is this as good as it gets with the shaker? Is there maybe a code update that adds more shaking with hitting more targets and shots?

I also added speakers and speaker lights.

86871689_861981784215266_4656586482713100288_n (resized).jpg86871689_861981784215266_4656586482713100288_n (resized).jpg87257640_861981904215254_7691088169915121664_n (resized).jpg87257640_861981904215254_7691088169915121664_n (resized).jpg87359866_861981867548591_8146660380408545280_n (resized).jpg87359866_861981867548591_8146660380408545280_n (resized).jpg
#8487 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I just got a premium and love it. Today, I added a shaker from pinball life and made sure the settings were on "MAXIMAL". I'm surprised that not much on the playfield seems to activate the shaker and when it does shake, it's maybe for a split second.
Is this as good as it gets with the shaker? Is there maybe a code update that adds more shaking with hitting more targets and shots?

Yeah, the shaker support seems to be very basic. It'd be nice to have some attention paid to integrating it with the game more.

#8488 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, the shaker support seems to be very basic. It'd be nice to have some attention paid to integrating it with the game more.

It activates during the LCD asteroid game. Hitting the tie fighter. Blowing up the DS. Speeder bike chase? Can’t think of much else. Dwight didn’t seem to integrate much in the way of shaker, since the LE’s did not come with one, nor any of the other models either. Much of an afterthought it seems.

#8489 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It activates during the LCD asteroid game. Hitting the tie fighter. Blowing up the DS. Speeder bike chase? Can’t think of much else. Dwight didn’t seem to integrate much in the way of shaker, since the LE’s did not come with one, nor any of the other models either. Much of an afterthought it seems.

Lightsaber hits?
Rolling intensity for the hyperspace track?
Feedback when you need to re-up the multiplier instead of just a sound?
Feedback when hitting a target that explodes a tie fighter?

There's a lot more things that could likely be done to make it a more robust implementation.

#8490 4 years ago

Well thanks guys. I guess that was kind of a waste of $79 + shipping then! I'll just have to move it to the next stern I get that doesn't have a shaker.

#8491 4 years ago

I have my shaker on moderate and i love it in star wars. And this is after hating shaker on deadpool

#8492 4 years ago

Shaker seems decent to me

#8493 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Feedback when hitting a target that explodes a tie fighter?

It does do that. Also, I like the slight shake whenever you hit a mode shot. There's quite a bit of subtle shaker action. You might not even notice some of it but turn the shaker off and you certainly will miss it.

#8494 4 years ago

The more I play this, the more annoyed I get! LOL. I'm sure all this has been covered in the last 170+ pages of this post BUT...

If I shoot the left side of the small horseshoe, the ball rockets out the right side and right down the middle. A pretty high % of autoplunged balls result in a drain down the left outlane and a ball save BUT the saved ball gets plunged right back into the left outlane again and there is no 2nd ball save. Many times, the tatooine saucer exits fast right down the center. I noticed there's even a ball save for this shot! LOL. Who would design SDTM shots like this into a game & then remedy it later with a ball save?!?

Many times after a shot, the ball comes back so fast that when trying to catch it on the left flipper, it jumps over the flipper and drains. I've also had shots jump up from the playfield onto the left wire form enough times that it's obviously a design issue somewhere.

The shaker is not used enough IMO. It doesn't even shake on a "danger" tilt.

#8495 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

... A pretty high % of autoplunged balls result in a drain down the left outlane a....Many times, the tatooine saucer exits fast right down the center.....

Change some settings bro, let's use the menu system provided here.

#8496 4 years ago

Sounds like you're leaning left. I've never had a horseshoe shot go sdtm.

#8497 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Change some settings bro, let's use the menu system provided here.

What exactly do you suggest I change bro? I noticed that some coils can be set at different strengths. Are you saying to change the offending coil power up or down or shut the autoplunge off altogether?

I did level the game. I'll check it again but yes, a hard shot into the left side of the horseshoe rockets out the right side and SDTM more often than not.

#8498 4 years ago

I never adjusted the auto plunge but I did turn down the scoop power so it just goes to the right flipper for an easy trap.

#8499 4 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

The more I play this, the more annoyed I get! LOL. I'm sure all this has been covered in the last 170+ pages of this post BUT...
If I shoot the left side of the small horseshoe, the ball rockets out the right side and right down the middle. A pretty high % of autoplunged balls result in a drain down the left outlane and a ball save BUT the saved ball gets plunged right back into the left outlane again and there is no 2nd ball save. Many times, the tatooine saucer exits fast right down the center. I noticed there's even a ball save for this shot! LOL. Who would design SDTM shots like this into a game & then remedy it later with a ball save?!?
Many times after a shot, the ball comes back so fast that when trying to catch it on the left flipper, it jumps over the flipper and drains. I've also had shots jump up from the playfield onto the left wire form enough times that it's obviously a design issue somewhere.
The shaker is not used enough IMO. It doesn't even shake on a "danger" tilt.

One thing I've learned very quickly is that Star Wars is VERY sensitive to setup. Literally a half turn of a leg leveler can make a difference. It sounds like your setup is just a little off. Start by making sure your pitch is 6.5 degrees, then adjust small amounts from there, even if your level shows even left to right.

#8500 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

It does do that. Also, I like the slight shake whenever you hit a mode shot. There's quite a bit of subtle shaker action. You might not even notice some of it but turn the shaker off and you certainly will miss it.

Yeah, I have noticed that a LOT of the shaker action is what I would call too subtle. It'd be nice if there was a "volume" setting for shaker motors that was more precise than minimal/maximal. It would not be that hard to implement in code. Strange no one has done it yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/170?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.