IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 301.
#801 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

On the flip side you'll be so busy with this game you might have sensory overload with a shaker. You could always add one later after you have played it awhile. This game is very busy and fun right out of the box.

Bring on the sensory overload! Grab a shaker always.

#802 6 years ago

Added some ships to the left side. MF and 2 x-wings

E1B4ADEC-BDE6-439A-B033-9C5A0BE35F84.jpegE1B4ADEC-BDE6-439A-B033-9C5A0BE35F84.jpeg

7B1E83E0-DE4D-4E13-B135-1C23F667975C.jpeg7B1E83E0-DE4D-4E13-B135-1C23F667975C.jpeg

06271604-5CA6-42DC-8DC2-CFA388E0A5EC.jpeg06271604-5CA6-42DC-8DC2-CFA388E0A5EC.jpeg

51B4055F-9CD8-4DB9-A722-B3273B69A937.jpeg51B4055F-9CD8-4DB9-A722-B3273B69A937.jpeg

#803 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Looks good! Where did you get these?

#804 6 years ago

Want. It would be much appreciated if you put out a list of materials to do this, cheers!

#805 6 years ago

Or just make some and sell, I'd be in... I love the detailed blacks in these

#806 6 years ago

Those look like the miniatures from the X-Wing game. Nice placement of the Xwings.

#807 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Did you just hot glue the X-wings onto the back of the lamps? Or do you have some other connection scheme there?

#808 6 years ago

How come no one talked about the Dead Flip reveal video of the premium? I for one think Prem looks to take this game to the level it should be at. Not to mention it was running way better code than you guys have right now... Hyper loop and light show were amazing, even Elwin had to actually try hard to blow up the death star (more balanced package for sure).

#809 6 years ago

Pro has the same light show, the rules are the same, I prefer the art, and I can assure you that even though my Death Star doesn't pop open it's just as much of a bitch to destroy haha. This time around I just didn't think Stern made a compelling reason to spend the extra $1800. I'd love to have the hyper loop but I'm still enjoying the heck out it.

#810 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

How come no one talked about the Dead Flip reveal video of the premium? I for one think Prem looks to take this game to the level it should be at. Not to mention it was running way better code than you guys have right now... Hyper loop and light show were amazing, even Elwin had to actually try hard to blow up the death star (more balanced package for sure).
» YouTube video

you should come out of your cave more often. It has litterally been talked about since it happened last friday. Current code is 0.87.0 that was running code 0.87.3, all it had was some additional movie clips and sounds.

#811 6 years ago

The X-wings and MF are from x-wing the boardgame. They are expensive but are super detailed. the MF in the prem/le is also from x-wing. The ships come with transparant glass like rods.

the MF I removed the top carefully and placed the first bolt from the 2 bolts on the ramp in the center of the MF. Later I will add the blue engine leds. The X-wings are placed on the rods and just pressed firm between the 2 cables coming from the spot lights, played a few games and they dont move at all. No glue used so I can easily remove them.

Also waiting on 3 tie fighters from x-wing which I will place behind the large Tie and next to the deathstar to keep the scale a bit correct. When I have them I will post some pictures

I will try to make red engines in the X-Wings. They are to small for leds but was thinking to use fiber optics leading to a red led somewhere below.

#812 6 years ago

Thanks so much, ordering some now. Really appreciate the info!

#813 6 years ago

"...all it had was some additional movie clips and sounds."

Was scoring not also toned down and more balanced? New ball save animations, new danger warnings too. Prem just seemed to play harder like GB or IM but they couldn't put their finger on why exactly.

#814 6 years ago

Got mine today, sadly is has one defect. Left EOS is not working.
The Switch is ok, wiring as well so I suppose it's our friend Node board 8? *sigh*

WP_20170810_19_39_29_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170810_19_39_29_Pro (resized).jpg

#815 6 years ago

» YouTube video

Well welcome to, literally, last week.

I'm glad you think that, many people don't agree with you though. It's a loop and it moves some balls around...it's cool for sure but but so was a drop down ball lock & rising cross on Met that I didn't think took it to the next level; Everyones monies are diff'rent.
Some people may not have liked that the Death Star was basically impossible to make do it's 1 simple trick, and it malfunctioned when finally activated.

#816 6 years ago

"...all it had was some additional movie clips and sounds."
Was scoring not also toned down and more balanced? New ball save animations, new danger warnings too. Prem just seemed to play harder like GB or IM but they couldn't put their finger on why exactly.

I didnt notice it scoring toned down anymore then it is in .87. New ball save animations = additional clips. New danger warnings = additional clips and sounds. So again additional clips and sounds is all it had.

#817 6 years ago

Surely getting up to 6 balls in the Hyper-loop at once should affect gameplay a little over the pro. But no one seemed to get more than 2 or 3 in there so far at once... I know there's no physical lock or anything, but unclear what else it does

#818 6 years ago

On the Dead Flip premium stream Dwight's son (the code guy) was playing and Dwight said that the son was working on the topper. Any ideas what the topper may be?

#819 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

On the Dead Flip premium stream Dwight's son (the code guy) was playing and Dwight said that the son was working on the topper. Any ideas what the topper may be?

R2D2. It's in the code.

#820 6 years ago

. But no one seemed to get more than 2 or 3 in there so far at once... I know there's no physical lock or anything, but unclear what else it does

It's pretty clear to me it doesn't do much else. Hyperloop MB seems to add a ball when you put a ball in the loop. Maybe you get a big jackpot loading all 6 balls (assuming there 6 balls in the machine) and then it drops them out?
At other times that shot loads the loop and it shoots the ball around once and lets it back into play. Again it's pretty cool but I doubt there's much else it can do.

#821 6 years ago

Surely getting up to 6 balls in the Hyper-loop at once should affect gameplay a little over the pro. But no one seemed to get more than 2 or 3 in there so far at once... I know there's no physical lock or anything, but unclear what else it does

It seemed to also make a lap around the loop before stopping the ball to select one of the mode trees. Was it Death Star?

#822 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Got mine today, sadly is has one defect. Left EOS is not working.
The Switch is ok, wiring as well so I suppose it's our friend Node board 8? *sigh*

How do you know it's not working? Just had an EOS issue with my GOT. The switch blades were not makin contact and I couldn't tell unless in switch test or with a meter. Are you getting really weak shots with that flipper? If so, it's probably not the node board. Good luck.

#823 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you know it's not working? Just had an EOS issue with my GOT. The switch blades were not makin contact and I couldn't tell unless in switch test or with a meter. Are you getting really weak shots with that flipper? If so, it's probably not the node board. Good luck.

I know it's not (correctly in some way) working because I get a service message.
I can see the blades have contact and get seperated when I use the flippers. But the Switch test won't react.

It's actually kinda strange.

#824 6 years ago

Dwight also wrote down a bug, where the death star was shot to select a mission, it was supposed to loop but it went too slow and the ball fell out of the habitrail on the flippers, but as you needed to select the mission, flippers were dead (I think), will get fixed as he saw it happen

Scoring is indeed adjusted in the version from the live stream. Much better I think.

#825 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I know it's not (correctly in some way) working because I get a service message.
I can see the blades have contact and get seperated when I use the flippers. But the Switch test won't react.
It's actually kinda strange.

Check it for continuity with a meter. Set to diode mode and touch one lead to each switch tab on the back of the switch. If the meter beeps and holds the beep, the switch is closed. If the meter does nothing, it's not closed.

#826 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check it for continuity with a meter. Set to diode mode and touch one lead to each switch tab on the back of the switch. If the meter beeps and holds the beep, the switch is closed. If the meter does nothing, it's not closed.

I'm not good with a meter but I tested in some other ways as a last hunch I found the error...

The isolation was damaged with the soldering iron and the soldering from ground leaked in, so it was short ciruited.
You couldn't see it because of couse that burnt spot was covered by soldering.

Bent it a bit *snap* now it's working. (Put some isolation tape on.)

But I have another complaint/ question.

Is it normal in Spike 2 that the Screen disappears a fraction of a second? Looks like the cable is loose but it isn't. :/

#827 6 years ago

Can someone please explain how the multiplier works?

I hit the button and the screen moves the multiplier from red to green, a few inserts on the pf turn green. Im assuming it is those shots that now get the multiplier? So each one scores a multiplier or do I need to hit all the green arrow shots to collect it.

How do I know how much those shots are worth?

I've seen it mentioned you can move the multiplier, how Is that done?

How do you build the multiplier?

Thx

#828 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can someone please explain how the multiplier works?
I hit the button and the screen moves the multiplier from red to green, a few inserts on the pf turn green. Im assuming it is those shots that now get the multiplier? So each one scores a multiplier or do I need to hit all the green arrow shots to collect it.
How do I know how much those shots are worth?
I've seen it mentioned you can move the multiplier, how Is that done?
How do you build the multiplier?
Thx

The multiplier current level is always displayed in the top middle of the big LCD.

Red means off. Green means on. If they are red, use the flipper buttons to move the X shots around the playfield. Press the action button when you have them on shots you want. They will turn green and stay on those shots. Now all of those shots are multiplied by the current multiplier value.

Increase the multiplier through choosing it at start of ball or hitting the standups under mini LCD. Hitting those standups increases multiplier by one.

As your multiplier gets higher and higher, the shots that are multiplied reduce. So when the multiplier is like 5x, three shots are able to be selected. When you get all the way up to 40x only one shot can be multiplied.

It doesn't matter whether you have the multiplier on or off, you can increase it by the stand ups. The only reason to turn it off is to be able to move it to a different shot on the playfield.

Also, hitting the drop targets down a certain number of times will double the current multiplier value.

Max multiplier is 40x (may have been reduced with new code)

If you ever heard a thumping sound while playing (chunk chunk chunk chunk) that is the multiplier timer running out. Shoot the standups to keep them running. If that timer runs out your multiplier goes back to 2x.

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The multiplier current level is always displayed in the top middle of the big LCD.
Red means off. Green means on. If they are red, use the flipper buttons to move the X shots around the playfield. Press the action button when you have them on shots you want. They will turn green and stay on those shots. Now all of those shots are multiplied by the current multiplier value.
Increase the multiplier through choosing it at start of ball or hitting the standups under mini LCD. Hitting those standups increases multiplier by one.
As your multiplier gets higher and higher, the shots that are multiplied reduce. So when the multiplier is like 5x, three shots are able to be selected. When you get all the way up to 40x only one shot can be multiplied.
It doesn't matter whether you have the multiplier on or off, you can increase it by the stand ups. The only reason to turn it off is to be able to move it to a different shot on the playfield.
Also, hitting the drop targets down a certain number of times will double the current multiplier value.
If you ever heard a thumping sound while playing (chunk chunk chunk chunk) that is the multiplier timer running out. Shoot the standups to keep them running. If that timer runs out your multiplier goes back to 2x.

Excellent, thank you!

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Excellent write up. I had a good understanding already but wasn't aware that's what the chunk chunk sound was.

#831 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The Tie Fighter targets will only get your multiplier up to 20x. To double that multiplier, you have to spell FORCE on the drop targets 4 times. Each time you complete FORCE another letter will be highlighted so you can keep track of progress, i.e F-O-R-C. There is a great Dead Flip stream where he specifically works on the FORCE drop targets to get double multipliers going first. Then as you complete the Tie Fighter targets you'll see 4x, 6x, 8x etc up to 40x.

#832 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

The Tie Fighter targets will only get your multiplier up to 20x. To double that multiplier, you have to spell FORCE on the drop targets 4 times. Each time you complete FORCE another letter will be highlighted so you can keep track of progress, i.e F-O-R-C. There is a great Dead Flip stream where he specifically works on the FORCE drop targets to get double multipliers going first. Then as you complete the Tie Fighter targets you'll see 4x, 6x, 8x etc up to 40x.

I feel like I rarely earned it from the drops. Can you get the doubler from random pops awards too? Or on the plunge?

#833 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I feel like I rarely earned it from the drops. Can you get the doubler from random pops awards too? Or on the plunge?

Don't know.

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can get it from the pops and from the mystery shot award.

#835 6 years ago

Hey guys, I have an LE on order. Is anyone at all concerned about the hyperloop issue (I think) where the ball seemed to drop sdtm right between the flippers a few times.

I feel like this could seriously ruin the game for me if it's a common occurrence. I thought someone said maybe it's a software bug but I hadn't heard much else.

#836 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Hey guys, I have an LE on order. Is anyone at all concerned about the hyperloop issue (I think) where the ball seemed to drop sdtm right between the flippers a few times.
I feel like this could seriously ruin the game for me if it's a common occurrence. I thought someone said maybe it's a software bug but I hadn't heard much else.

When I was watching the video it looked like the ball jumped there from an airball during multiball at least part of the time, then went back and forth and fell out. There has to be a way for the balls to come out on their own if they don't make it all the way around, but kind of a bummer its right down the middle if they do. I hope it won't be a big issue (I'm in for a premium).

The software issue could be if a gate didn't open etc and the ball just went around until it slowed down and then fell out.

#837 6 years ago

Anybody can tell me what this is? Found it on the playfield on the 2nd day of the machine. Please don't tell me my playfield is already chipping. I was looking for any damage on the playfield but I cannot find anything.

IMG_1839 (resized).jpgIMG_1839 (resized).jpg

IMG_1841 (resized).jpgIMG_1841 (resized).jpg

#838 6 years ago

Looks like part of a death star insert.

#839 6 years ago

Def a black key lime...and a purple insert which would be the Death Star as stated above

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Def a black key lime...and a purple insert which would be the Death Star as stated above

I checked every purple insert... so what am I looking for? A part of the playfield missing and just bare wood underneath?

#841 6 years ago

Well looking at your picture it seems to be the corner of a purple insert. It wouldn;t be bare wood...waht is that made out of plastic? I mean it looks like a sticker/piece of mylar or some shit...that is really weird. The non black/purple area is clearish? Can you see through it?

#842 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well looking at your picture it seems to be the corner of a purple insert. It wouldn;t be bare wood...waht is that made out of plastic? I mean it looks like a sticker/piece of mylar or some shit...that is really weird. The non black/purple area is clearish? Can you see through it?

Yes, I can see through it. And the whole thing is very thin and flexibel.

#843 6 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

That's plastic. Not clearcoat. Inspect all the plastics all over the game starting with the slings.

#844 6 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

If it's very thin and flexible I would think it's clear coat. Plastics would be fairly thick and stiff, especially such a small piece.

Check under the apron where the balls enter the trough. I'm not sure what colors are down there, but that's a likely place.

#845 6 years ago

Yeah now that I think of it it may be clearcoat. Art comes with it though? That's interesting.

#846 6 years ago

#52 is on the way. Highly detailed video will be up next week.

#847 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

#52 is on the way. Highly detailed. Idea will be up next week.

Siri no understand you. Told ya' you'd get it before me. EVERYBODY gets it before me.

#848 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah now that I think of it it may be clearcoat. Art comes with it though? That's interesting.

With the art on it, makes me think it's a plastic too.

#849 6 years ago

Our trophy arrived today for tomorrow's launch party tournament! If anyone is down in Southern New Jersey (Atlantic City Area) and wants to play a pro on location, check out Level Up Entertainment in Mays Landing! 50 cents/play!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-on-location-in-southern-new-jersey

IMG_5965 (resized).JPGIMG_5965 (resized).JPG

#850 6 years ago

I am in the club with a Pro! Really enjoying the game so far.

GP Pro EWG (resized).pngGP Pro EWG (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.