20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 300.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

frli002 has been trolling about this for a while. He is full of shit.

I will never tell my source and i got the info about a month ago and i shared it then and like now i was "full of shit" a "troll" and so on. From now i aint sharing anymore intel here. Fact, there is still no LE on the market.

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

I will never tell my source and i got the info about a month ago and i shared it then and like now i was "full of shit" a "troll" and so on. From now i aint sharing anymore intel here. Fact, there is still no LE on the market.

You obviously don't know what your talking about. The LEs always come later.
Stern always makes a batch of overseas Pro model machines first, for places like Australia, then american Pros,then they start on the LE.

#753 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Has anybody had their ball bounce back out of the loop when coming in from the right side when Hoth was lit and The ball hits the posts that pop up? Happens to me lots on a really fast/hard right loop shot, kind of annoying, my strategy now has been trying to hit it in a way where it's not going so quickly.

I've had this happen, but not very often. What's odd is sometimes I get it screaming into that shot and it catches it fine. I'm hoping code will fix it. What I find a little more annoying is when it hits the posts so hard that it bounces back out and close to SDTM.

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

You obviously don't know what your talking about. The LEs always come later.
Stern always makes a batch of overseas Pro model machines first, for places like Australia, then american Pros,then they start on the LE.

#755 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not convinced yet that they've begun building the LEs en masse yet. That Freddy's one in Germany is the only one that's turned up in the wild so far. Maybe it was sent there for play testing?

The LE's are in full production. I was able to tour the Stern factory last Friday 7/28 and pretty much all I saw was SW LE's on the line and a handful of GB Premiums. They had completed LE playfields everywhere and stacks of LE cabinets. They were finishing games and boxing them, so it shouldn't be long. Unfortunately they did not have an LE that I could play, I was really hoping to compare gameplay to my SW pro.

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

For a buck a game I want my customers to feel they are getting their money's worth.

Then price it down.

#757 6 years ago

Anyone want to buy a kidney????? I must have the LE. One day. One day..

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

The LE's are in full production. I was able to tour the Stern factory last Friday 7/28 and pretty much all I saw was SW LE's on the line and a handful of GB Premiums. They had completed LE playfields everywhere and stacks of LE cabinets. They were finishing games and boxing them, so it shouldn't be long. Unfortunately they did not have an LE that I could play, I was really hoping to compare gameplay to my SW pro.

THANK YOU!!!

#759 6 years ago

Playing yesterday, I think I figured out the reason for the pops. If things are fast and furious, it's a good spot to park a ball to give you 3 seconds to move your multiplier to set up the big shot. It's really the only place on the play field to do that if you don't have mystery lit.

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Playing yesterday, I think I figured out the reason for the pops. If things are fast and furious, it's a good spot to park a ball to give you 3 seconds to move your multiplier to set up the big shot. It's really the only place on the play field to do that if you don't have mystery lit.

Why not trap up?

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why not trap up?

Yup, either/or. Pops are safe and do score, plus completing roll overs. But yes, that would work as well.

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Does anyone know if they will ship LE's next, or Premiums?

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from KidSmitty:

Does anyone know if they will ship LE's next, or Premiums?

LE's, I didn't see any premium cabinets. Obviously the playfields are the same.

#764 6 years ago

Probably EXPORT LEs. Did you notice if they had single coin slots or dual coin slots on the coin door? Single slots go overseas.

Quoted from ita47:

LE's, I didn't see any premium cabinets. Obviously the playfields are the same.

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Then price it down.

No, even at 50 cents a game it can be over too fast. It's less about the cash dropped than the perception of value based on how quickly a game can be over.

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

No, even at 50 cents a game it can be over too fast. It's less about the cash dropped than the perception of value based on how quickly a game can be over.

Only options right now are close the outlanes as far as possible and turn all coils setting to soft. I get some outlane drains or almost drains from the auto plunge also.

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Put it on 50 cents, 15 second ball save, extra easy settings outlane posts all the way in.

Have you received complaints or is it not earning at all?

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Probably EXPORT LEs. Did you notice if they had single coin slots or dual coin slots on the coin door? Single slots go overseas.

I saw both types of coin doors. I know several of the boxed games were going overseas, but I it appeared they were building both, I don't think it will be long before we start seeing LE unboxing pics.

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

When I was a kid I gravitated to arcade games because pinball would kick my ass too quickly (and I didnt understand the rules to get hooked.) I had limited funds and a whole lot of time to spend in the arcade so why play pinball that would last under a minute or two when I could play Galaga, Commando, Gunsmoke, Virtua Fighter, Tecmo Bowl, Punch Out, Altered Beast, Mad Dog McCree, Tekken, Street Fighter, Renegade, WWF, Double Dragon, Cyberball, etc etc, and have a quarter last 5-15+ minutes.

Now with the incorporation of LCD's pinball manufactures should try to help newcomers out by giving them a quick tour of the game before they plunge the ball. Obviously you could bypass this but I bet it would keep people coming back if they understood the basics of the game before they plunged. Yes they could read the card... but we know people don't read.

Theme, artwork and lightshows will draw people over to the game, but if they just plunge and get their ass kicked the chance of them wanting to replay is pretty slim unless they understand the rules and you tease them with a goal to achieve via the LCD.

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put it on 50 cents, 15 second ball save, extra easy settings outlane posts all the way in.
Have you received complaints or is it not earning at all?

I'm adjusting the outlane posts this morning.

I don't think this is the sort of thing one would complain about, more something you just walk away from.

I am very concerned that the awesome LCD will pull in new players but losing a ball through no fault of their own will make them walk away in frustration.

On every auto plunge the game should just do another save if it detects a drain on either outlane in the first three seconds. That would solve the problem.

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Does anyone know how to reduce the power of the autoplunger?

I thought I heard someone say you could not.

#772 6 years ago

LE stream tomorrow night. Says Jack dangers FB.

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

LE stream tomorrow night. Says Jack dangers FB.

D-Day...will all be forgotten or will the rage ensue? I gotta tell you this might be a "must see" right here...I think the comment board is going to be out of control.

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

D-Day...will all be forgotten or will the rage ensue? I gotta tell you this might be a "must see" right here...I think the comment board is going to be out of control.

no joke, premium and le orders will either jump, or decrease. says captain obvious.

#775 6 years ago

Live LE Action Tomorrow!

20604588_894597734021380_1887118198827477285_n (resized).jpg20604588_894597734021380_1887118198827477285_n (resized).jpg

#776 6 years ago

Adjusting the outlanes and setting coils to soft did reduce autoplunger drains from a third of the time down to about every seventh time but that's still unacceptably high.

I do really like the game otherwise.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Live LE Action Tomorrow!

Say no more, there is even fotage of the deathstar not working, thank you deadflip, i will now take my not nowing shit and go back to playing some pins.

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Say no more, there is even fotage of the deathstar not working, thank you deadflip, i will now take my not nowing shit and go back to playing some pins.

You still don't "now" shit.

#779 6 years ago

Two questions:

1. In regards to adjusting the outlane posts. How do you move the post on the left outlane as that post is under the left plastic ramp ?

2. The red numbers that appear at times under the players score - what are the red changing numbers referencing or tallying ?

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

1. In regards to adjusting the outlane posts. How do you move the post on the left outlane as that post is under the left plastic ramp ?

take off the screw at the sling and the first going back along the left side that will give enough play to access the post, did for me anyway.

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Two questions:

It can be done without moving the ramp. Put a screwdriver in it from the side(45 degree angle) and hold it there, just to keep it from rotating. Rotate the wrench underneath the playfield. I did it this way.

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Two questions:
2. The red numbers that appear at times under the players score - what are the red changing numbers referencing or tallying ?

The red numbers represent the last points score you got.

Rob

#783 6 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

It can be done without moving the ramp. Put a screwdriver in it from the side(45 degree angle) and hold it there, just to keep it from rotating. Rotate the wrench underneath the playfield. I did it this way.

That worked for me. 5/16 nut driver under the playfield and thin screwdriver at angle up top did the trick. I just moved the left outlane post.... Leaving the right one alone as you can get the right outlane "Escape" lit to make a ball save there.

Added over 7 years ago: I played the game today with the left outlane post moved down. My experience was that I just got different drains down the left and I think I actually lost some favorable bounces back to the middle of the playfield in that post position. I thought the post sitting in the middle hole actually was more favorable for play and so moved the left lane post back to it's original position this evening.

#784 6 years ago

made some cards:

starwarscards (resized).pngstarwarscards (resized).png

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

made some cards:

That's awesome work!!

#786 6 years ago

They look superb, thanks to share this great work !!

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

made some cards:

They look great...thanks!

#788 6 years ago

So I noticed this hole in the plastic and screws on the ramp. I bet the pro had a millenium falcon and was removed to save costs before production.

20170808_205148.jpg20170808_205148.jpg

#789 6 years ago

I hope in the next code up date that Dwight adds a ball save when the ball ejects from the right scoop. I have tried numerous different power settings on my Pro and I still get a lot of SDTM when the ball is kicked out. Is this a problem for anyone else?

I am also getting a ton of air balls. I have had numerous balls fly up and hit the glass, fly up onto the ramps, jump over the flippers, hit the tie fighter, etc. Again anyone else having this issue?

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I hope in the next code up date that Dwight adds a ball save when the ball ejects from the right scoop. I have tried numerous different power settings on my Pro and I still get a lot of SDTM when the ball is kicked out. Is this a problem for anyone else?
I am also getting a ton of air balls. I have had numerous balls fly up and hit the glass, fly up onto the ramps, jump over the flippers, hit the tie fighter, etc. Again anyone else having this issue?

My experience is that the first 30-50 games will have a lot of air balls, then it settles down. I haven't seen it widely reported on Star Wars yet like Ghostbusters.

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Try jacking you back legs all the way up. Make sure the levelers are flush with the metal collar on the leg. With this steepness and right eject set at 60 I got ejects to the middle of the left flipper every time.

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I still get a lot of SDTM when the ball is kicked out. Is this a problem for anyone else?

no on SDTM shots. and Yes to crazy flying balls and over the inlanes to the outlanes a sheet ton .
But it is pinball and pinball is wild.
The reason my Inserts are ghosting I suspect is that the balls are tapping down on these big rectangle Inserts.
Since they do not dimple like the rest of my playfield ,the inserts have started to separate from the clear . I would prefer dimples to ghosting since dimples are going to happen and I accept that. I suppose anyone getting NIB .
Take your game and add extra measures somehow to the bottom side of the inserts and somehow do something to have them not sink down . My opinion on the matter. Wish I had done something.
in the mean time I am an owner for almost a month now and I am still I suppose on a honeymoon ! . I keep coming back again and again even with my other games on hand.

#793 6 years ago

Way past 50 games here . Balls hitting balls is the biggest problem and with this many multiball modes . It is happenin !

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

made some cards:

Looks amazing
is there anyway I could have the PDF file to alter it a little? If not could you possibly do one with

STAR
WARS
PINBALL

Instead of

STAR
PINBALL
WARS

If not all good, it still kicks ass and I will still burn my yellow cards when SW arrives

#796 6 years ago

Hi everyone, first post and first pin...ordered SWPro from GameroomGuys and couldn’t be more excited.

I’m already thinking about mods, has anyone put a shaker motor on Star Wars yet? Is it tasteful and beneficial or just obnoxious?

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hi everyone, first post and first pin...ordered SWPro from GameroomGuys and couldn’t be more excited.
I’m already thinking about mods, has anyone put a shaker motor on Star Wars yet? Is it tasteful and beneficial or just obnoxious?

Shakers are always fun!

Rob

#798 6 years ago

Shaker motors make the game more fun for sure.

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have a shaker on mine, it's active especially when you score the hurry ups.

#800 6 years ago

On the flip side you'll be so busy with this game you might have sensory overload with a shaker. You could always add one later after you have played it awhile. This game is very busy and fun right out of the box.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Union, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/16?hl=frli002 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.