• Pro 130 votes
    28%
  • Premium 192 votes
    41%
  • LE 149 votes
    32%

(471 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,288 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

f5323f174591585d5a9c2793464007c8 (resized).jpg
20200120_191223 (resized).jpg
20200209_170112 (resized).jpg
20200209_161005 (resized).jpg
E141BFE7-2CC8-40FD-BFDF-7680394EE4F9 (resized).jpeg
20200206_152338 (resized).jpg
83796333_118762506187822_5691388423810580480_n (resized).jpg
83966408_181305512937881_5883457480092024832_n (resized).jpg
C4F87E63-F996-443C-A4DA-9A18492F9C30 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200131_203528 (resized).jpg
20200131_184347 (resized).jpg
Capture.JPG
20200131_144331.jpg
20200131_143729.jpg
47D37E42-9607-4468-89CB-17FDE95AA7DC (resized).jpeg
2E9439F9-62DA-4A42-AEFD-F151089CCD02 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8477 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 170.
#8401 23 days ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Right. But where mine should be is a white plastic cover over the opening.

Is it stamped USA on the AC cover in the back box? I've heard of one other person getting a USA SPIKE 2 (GotG) game that way. I think he bought it second hand though.

I would be contacting my distributor and getting a new game or someone over to wire it up to the USA specification if it were me. The manual shows a service outlet there...it should be there. Make sure they wire the Bill Validator connection up too.....you might want it for a bill acceptor or some sort of mod in the future.
SPIKE 2 Power (resized).jpg

UPDATE: I just saw you have had your game for awhile.... I think this would be what you would need to wire the service outlet up, though I didn't find the part number in the manual.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ac-service-outlet-snap-in-receptacle-with-wire-leads.html

In any case....I would be asking questions and wanting answers.

#8402 23 days ago

Got mine all modded out with the help from foofighter. I added a 2nd X Wing Fighter as well. Digging it!

C31275E2-87CF-4915-A8F8-A73A3A47818A (resized).jpegCD47544B-4ACC-43E3-B1F9-CA630F5D2F80 (resized).jpeg
#8403 23 days ago

Hmm...I imagine it just adds a standard non adjusted/multiplied after ball bonus form one ball to the next...but i never really looked into it

#8404 23 days ago
Quoted from fabes23:

Got mine all modded out with the help from foofighter. I added a 2nd X Wing Fighter as well. Digging it![quoted image][quoted image]

Love it!!!

#8405 23 days ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Can someone explain exactly how the bonus points and “Bonus Held” works on Star Wars?
I got a HUGE bonus today (1.2B) and I’m not quite sure how I got it. The total was around 600M and then because I had picked Bonus Held, it doubled it.
Any explanation on how the bonus and bonus held works for this game would be greatly appreciated.

I think it works like this:
You earn bonus points with every ball. If you choose the “Hold Bonus” reward option, the bonus points you earn for the current ball start where the previous one left off.

The end result is if you have two good back to back balls, you can rack up a lot of points

#8406 23 days ago

I think when you have bonus held on your last balll, it gives you the bonus double, because otherwise it would be a non benefit on your last ball.

#8407 22 days ago

A shout out to a great distributor...(Marshall@Little Shop of Games)

Last year I had two back to back shipping issues with two new games I had delivered. The first was JJPOTC and I spoke about my experience (ended up great) in that owner’s thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/273#post-5405470. Within a couple weeks of receiving my POTC I had a SW Premium shipped to me from Little Shop of Games.

This was Curly’s final game to ship under his watch, as he began his retirement and transferred things to Marshall right after. Unfortunately, the game was dropped during shipping and I didn’t realize it until after opening. The play field had come loose inside the game and had fallen inside the cabinet, tearing out the flipper switch along the way, damaged the rail and got stuck inside. The front and corners of the cabinet were cracked in multiple locations as well, and there was a tear in the cab decal.

Marshall (the new owner of LSOG) put in an insurance claim for the damage, but it was declined a month or so later. Meanwhile, I was able to get the play field pulled out, repaired the play field mounting bracket and turned the game on. It played perfectly with no problems at all. However, I was still stuck with the cracked/damaged cabinet and the broken flipper switch.

Marshall from Little Shop of Games came through big time and bought me a new Star Wars cabinet on his own! The cabinet arrived, I swapped out the play field and everything is 100%.

Kudos to Marshall for taking care of this for me! I really appreciate him going the extra mile and making me whole once again. Another great distributor that I will do business with again in the future.

As an aside, this game rocks!

#8408 22 days ago

I just got my new Star Wars Comic Premium set-up in my gameroom and had to chuckle at that date of manufacture. Anyone else have a machine made in "Octuber"? LOL

20200127_183957 (resized).jpg
#8409 22 days ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I just got my new Star Wars Comic Premium set-up in my gameroom and had to chuckle at that date of manufacture. Anyone else have a machine made in "Octuber"? LOL[quoted image]

Better check your Voltage, sounds German!

EDIT: Or the shit is haunted

#8410 22 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Better check your Voltage, sounds German!

LOL, that was my first thought. It says 120V 60HZ USA, so I think I'm good.

#8411 22 days ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It says 120V 60HZ USA, so I think I'm good.

#8412 21 days ago

Anyone ever find the Millennium Falcon kit available anywhere? Stern has it listed as an optional add on, part # 520-7000-00 (the premium part # is 511-7887-00). Love to add one to my Pro.

#8413 21 days ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I just got my new Star Wars Comic Premium set-up in my gameroom and had to chuckle at that date of manufacture. Anyone else have a machine made in "Octuber"? LOL[quoted image]

Mine from a month ago says the same thing!

#8414 21 days ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Anyone ever find the Millennium Falcon kit available anywhere? Stern has it listed as an optional add on, part # 520-7000-00 (the premium part # is 511-7887-00). Love to add one to my Pro.

I think Cointaker has one

https://cointaker.com/products/star-wars-illuminated-millenium-falcon-mod

I have the Premium so I don't have this, just did a google search

#8415 21 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think Cointaker has one
https://cointaker.com/products/star-wars-illuminated-millenium-falcon-mod
I have the Premium so I don't have this, just did a google search

That’s “one” but it is certainly not the Stern falcon. At least from the photos.

#8416 21 days ago

Modfather has the Premium model but it doesn't light, not sure if that is an issue for you

You could probably easily mod it out yourself and add some Comet matrix LED's

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/star-wars-millenium-falcon-premium

#8417 21 days ago

Loving my Translucent Titans on SW Premium! Got Blue Translucent Superbands on the Flippers!
20200128_204643.jpg

#8418 21 days ago

All of a sudden my SW Prem won't boot. When I turn on the power, the top four led indicators on the right side and one in the center of the main board come on. One led indicator on the board next to the power supply comes on (I think it's labeled D5). The machine doesn't do anything after that. I checked the fuse, it does not look blown. Any idea what's going on? See pics.

main board (resized).jpgpower board (resized).jpg
#8419 21 days ago
Quoted from pudealee:

All of a sudden my SW Prem won't boot. When I turn on the power, the top four led indicators on the right side and one in the center of the main board come on. One led indicator on the board next to the power supply comes on (I think it's labeled D5). The machine doesn't do anything after that. I checked the fuse, it does not look blown. Any idea what's going on? See pics.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hard to tell from your pic but is your card seated correctly, doesn't appear to be in all the way

Capture.JPG
#8420 21 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

but is your card seated correctly

Boom - you and Wildbill327 got it right off the bat!! Thanks for letting me know. Works like a charm. By the way, whilst looking at the power dist board in the manual, the part is listed as 520-5343-01. Printed on my board is 199-5343-00G - and my board looks different than the one printed in the manual. Go figure!

Thanks again!!

#8421 21 days ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Boom - you and Wildbill327 got it right off the bat!! Thanks for letting me know. Works like a charm. By the way, whilst looking at the power dist board in the manual, the part is listed as 520-5343-01. Printed on my board is 199-5343-00G - and my board looks different than the one printed in the manual. Go figure!
Thanks again!!

Great to hear and glad it was a simple fix! Those are always the best!!!

#8422 21 days ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Try this one : https://mezelmods.com/collections/star-wars-stern/products/star-wars-pinball-pro-millennium-falcon
Exactly the same than the Stern original but superior quality with reactor animations. I replaced it on my LE...
20200111_135101 (resized).jpg20200111_144513 (resized).jpg

#8423 20 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I just received the millenium falcon from Stern and I want to install it on my pro (no mezel mod alligator clips but with a real connector)
From the light reference table in the pro manual this seems to be provided/supported (bottom row in screenshot)
Anyone already installed this with success? Just wanted to check before I blow up my nodeboard or something like that.[quoted image][quoted image]

Installed it on my pro and it works. M Falcon connects to led board 10a and is driven from the menu by it's specific flasher

#8424 20 days ago

Question: Am I missing the center LED lens/cover on my new Comic Premium Death Star LED array, or is it supposed to look like this?

20200129_172839 (resized).jpg
#8425 20 days ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Question: Am I missing the center LED lens/cover on my new Comic Premium Death Star LED array, or is it supposed to look like this?[quoted image]

Supposed to look that way

#8426 20 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Supposed to look that way

Cool, thanks! I honestly never paid attention until it was in my gameroom.

#8427 20 days ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Try this one : https://mezelmods.com/collections/star-wars-stern/products/star-wars-pinball-pro-millennium-falcon
Exactly the same than the Stern original but superior quality with reactor animations. I replaced it on my LE...

Wish I could, they've been out of stock for awhile on them.

#8428 20 days ago

Hi. I'm about to join the club with an LE and was wondering what are the absolutely must have mods? This one has mirror blades, and a shaker. Also, are there any mods/toys that can be added, that aren't meant to be pinball mods, for cheaper??

Thanks!!

#8429 20 days ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Hi. I'm about to join the club with an LE and was wondering what are the absolutely must have mods? This one has mirror blades, and a shaker. Also, are there any mods/toys that can be added, that aren't meant to be pinball mods, for cheaper??
Thanks!!

Hot wheels sells a bunch of ships and vehicles on Amazon, you can fasten them with wire and lugs...see me previous posts in this thread

I thing the Destroyer mod is a must have, but not sure the one i have is available anymore, there is a big fugly one out there so watch out and shop before purchase

I absolutely love the translucent Titans on my machine now, no more black crud

Comet Matrix lights can be added to the VUK trough, ball trough and under the force targets

#8430 19 days ago

Greetings, I joined the club with a used Premium a few weeks back. Loving the game but I’m having an issue that I’m hoping one of you veteran owners can help me out with.
Sometimes at the start of a ball the game bypasses the “path” selection option and immediately awards 7,760,810 points (see screenshot). The playfield remains invalidated (the ball is not auto-launched out of the trough). The 3-bank targets and the FORCE drop targets are also still invalidated (i.e, they are still waiting to be hit by the ball). This doesn’t happen every time, but is MUCH more likely to happen in a multiplayer game. It seems like a scoring switch, or a series of switches are being activated when the ball is kicked into the trough. Damned if I can figure out which one, though. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Here’s the screen display after this occurs. The ball is still sitting in the trough at this point.
ABE04258-DDED-466B-8286-78ADE8815D6E (resized).jpeg

Added 17 days ago:

I was able to resolve this. Turns out the ramp was clipping the opto behind whenever it repositioned before the start of the next ball. I've detailed the issue and fix here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/choose-path-award-bypassed#post-5448073

#8431 19 days ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

I think it works like this:
You earn bonus points with every ball. If you choose the “Hold Bonus” reward option, the bonus points you earn for the current ball start where the previous one left off.
The end result is if you have two good back to back balls, you can rack up a lot of points

That’s so awesome I just hit 1 billion point bonus the other day it’s simply double is your bonus more or less on that ball..: It’s a pretty good way to get on the leaderboard and pump your score up if you have a really good ball or you’re planning on having a really good ball LOL

#8432 19 days ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

Greetings, I joined the club with a used Premium a few weeks back. Loving the game but I’m having an issue that I’m hoping one of you veteran owners can help me out with.
Sometimes at the start of a ball the game bypasses the “path” selection option and immediately awards 7,760,810 points (see screenshot). The playfield remains invalidated (the ball is not auto-launched out of the trough). The 3-bank targets and the FORCE drop targets are also still invalidated (i.e, they are still waiting to be hit by the ball). This doesn’t happen every time, but is MUCH more likely to happen in a multiplayer game. It seems like a scoring switch, or a series of switches are being activated when the ball is kicked into the trough. Damned if I can figure out which one, though. Is anyone familiar with this issue?
Here’s the screen display after this occurs. The ball is still sitting in the trough at this point.
[quoted image]

I would think that is too many points to be stuck playfield switches. Have you tried a different SD card or a factory reset? Are you on rom 1.05?

#8433 19 days ago

The small screen on my SW premium sometimes doent show images and it is just white and sometimes spins faster them the a spinners on the game. Anyone having the same issue ?
Checking and plugging the cables helps but only for a few plays
2E9439F9-62DA-4A42-AEFD-F151089CCD02 (resized).jpeg47D37E42-9607-4468-89CB-17FDE95AA7DC (resized).jpeg

#8434 18 days ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

The small screen on my SW premium sometimes doent show images

Mine has done that in the past. I found that where the HDMI cable connects to the main board in the back-box (next to the SD card) is the culprit. Sometimes it gets loose.

#8435 18 days ago

Total noob here, but have been skulking Pinside for the past few months as I researched buying my first pin for HUO. Played a bunch of EM games as a kid in the 70s and frittered away hours on 8 Ball Deluxe and Centaur instead of studying in college. Played an old EM game at a friend's home recently, and a dormant childhood dream was awakened to own my own pin.

Saw episode 4 in the theater when I was 13 and my teen daughters love Star Wars, so my pitch to the family was this game in the kids' playroom. Green light. But the wife was not fooled as she knew this was really my thing with a side of rationalization of "It's for the kids and their friends to hangout in the playroom." I almost pulled the trigger last year on a used SW Premium. I played it on location about 30-40 times and coaxed my kids to the arcade to get their buy in. (I have a great set of locations and games in my area, but mostly old dudes like myself frequent them, which my daughters found awkward and weird). I really liked the challenge of the game, but was not crazy about the photorealistic art, and the used game I looked at was not in the greatest shape. Started considering ST, DP, JP, DI, but the kids were not impressed with any of those themes. And frankly, I kept coming back to the play and shots of SW. Initially, I was unthinkingly influenced by the Pinside rankings as I looked at other games and saw SW dropping down the ranks. Then took a second look at the Comic Art Premium. WOW - the art is amazing. I finally realized paying attention to Pinside rankings is a bit of a fools errand. Do what you think is best for you, not what the resale might be, or what others think.

Good things come to those who wait. Just got delivery two days ago of a SW Comic Art Premium! I still don't understand the low rating from the Pinside haters, but I don't care. I like it, the family likes it (as I am trying to add the analog pinball experience to their digital lives), and I have my childhood dream. A game with an iconic theme, amazing art, superfast Ritchie flow, a deep ruleset, tough and satisfying shots, and a freaking hyperloop to boot! I will keep this one until they carry my body out in it. Glad to join the community here. I just hope I can keep my habit to one game...

#8436 18 days ago
Quoted from bricking-shotz:

I just hope I can keep my habit to one game...

I managed to do that for the first year I got in the hobby (back in 2006) with a lone Twilight Zone. Now look where I am, LOL. Things could be worse though as I'm having fun and I've met a lot of great people along the way. Congrats on the SW Comic Premium, I just got mine this week as well. Welcome to the club!

#8437 18 days ago
Quoted from bricking-shotz:

I just hope I can keep my habit to one game...

Step number one - admit you have a problem.

#8438 18 days ago

Just had the most insane game ever on my SW Premium!!

Playing as Luke, 3 Balls setting Factory Defaults on everything

Death Star Blown up on Endor with Endor medal
All Planets complete except 2 missions on Tatooine
Only Needed Lightsaber Battle & Boba Fett to continue after finishing Tatooine
Drained going after the Rancor

Didn't beat my high score but I was getting so damn close to the Emperor I didn't care
2.8 Billion

I like listening to Kaneda, but how the hell he can call this game crap over and over is beyond me. This IS a masterpiece of coding and geometry

Palm's sweating, heart racing...this was a freaking workout..never got this rush from video games ever this crazy
20200131_143729.jpg20200131_144331.jpg

Capture.JPG
#8439 18 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just had the most insane game ever on my SW Premium!!
Playing as Luke, 3 Balls setting Factory Defaults on everything
Death Star Blown up on Endor with Endor medal
All Planets complete except 2 missions on Tatooine
Only Needed Lightsaber Battle & Boba Fett to continue after finishing Tatooine
Drained going after the Rancor
Didn't beat my high score but I was getting so damn close to the Emperor I didn't care
2.8 Billion
I like listening to Kaneda, but how the hell he can call this game crap over and over is beyond me. This IS a masterpiece of coding and geometry
Palm's sweating, heart racing...this was a freaking workout..never got this rush from video games ever this crazy
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I couldn't agree more...this game is everything I love about pinball. I defeated the Emperor last night in front of a couple buddies I had over to play. That felt awesome and everyone was pumped just watching it. Only the third time I have gotten there and second time defeating him. I was sore, tired, and sweating after that! Not a GC score, but ~10b. Only got to one Victory and didn't even get a medal. But it felt damn good!

#8440 18 days ago

TIL there are Victory medals. I assume this is from hitting all shots during Victory multiball?

#8441 18 days ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

TIL there are Victory medals. I assume this is from hitting all shots during Victory multiball?

Yes

#8442 18 days ago

Cool. Now I have a new short term goal to shoot for!

#8443 18 days ago

Ugh. Really thought I was going to battle the emperor tonight. Had 1 shot on my last mode with everything else completed and bricked the right ramp to left outlane drain. At least I got a new Han champ.

20200131_184347 (resized).jpg
#8444 18 days ago

Found a new topper option, they've been selling Millennium Falcon popcorn buckets at Disneyland and Disney World the last few weeks. Going to mount it at an angle so you can see it better and the engines light up as well. Going to wire it up with a transformer and plug it in inside.
Get some project photos as I put it together.

IMG_20200131_203528 (resized).jpg
#8445 17 days ago

Just got mine Comic Premium !
Gotta say the artwork looks amazing
A little detail came up , turns out my machine was born the 32nd of October
C4F87E63-F996-443C-A4DA-9A18492F9C30 (resized).jpeg

#8446 17 days ago
Quoted from yannflipp1337:

Just got mine Comic Premium !
Gotta say the artwork looks amazing
A little detail came up , turns out my machine was born the 32th of October[quoted image]

That isn't the date your machine was born, that is the date the cabinet was QA accepted. October 32nd is rare indeed. Check the white sticker on the back of the game.

#8447 16 days ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

Sometimes at the start of a ball the game bypasses the “path” selection option and immediately awards 7,760,810 points

I was able to resolve this. Turns out the ramp was clipping the opto behind it whenever it repositioned before the start of the next ball. I've detailed the issue and fix here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/choose-path-award-bypassed#post-5448073

#8448 16 days ago

I FINALLY picked up an LE. This game has come a long way from the early software days. It's frigging hard too (I know, play better ). I played a friend's premium about six months ago and was hooked.

This is going to be the first pin I've owned that I actually want to mod up. I blame each and every one of you on this thread for that. You are all evil!!!

One final note, Stern blew it with the topper for this game. Jagoffs. Does anyone make a surround/background for the topper by chance? I think it'd look really cool with a background that looks like the ones that were part of that figure display platform thing they made back in the 70s .

Also, does anyone know if the remnants of that "topper projector" feature still exists in the current software. I'm curious to see if there is a way to possibly hook up a pico projector to R2D2.

#8449 14 days ago

Some pictures of the Millenium Falcon kit (the one from Stern) as installed on the pro.
The light (actually a flasher) is off when game is in game over, and mostly on in gameplay, sometimes goes along animations (like xtra ball, ...)

I had to make the bracket that attached to the ramp myself, all the rest of the hardware on the mill falcon itself (led mounting, etc..) was there.

83796333_118762506187822_5691388423810580480_n (resized).jpg83966408_181305512937881_5883457480092024832_n (resized).jpg
#8450 13 days ago

Thank you Dan / dgposter for the positive review and Jedi level of patience working through the process with me. So glad we were able to get this resolved, and you taken care of.

audio,

Marshall

Quoted from dgposter:

A shout out to a great distributor...(Marshall@Little Shop of Games)
Last year I had two back to back shipping issues with two new games I had delivered. The first was JJPOTC and I spoke about my experience (ended up great) in that owner’s thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/273#post-5405470. Within a couple weeks of receiving my POTC I had a SW Premium shipped to me from Little Shop of Games.
This was Curly’s final game to ship under his watch, as he began his retirement and transferred things to Marshall right after. Unfortunately, the game was dropped during shipping and I didn’t realize it until after opening. The play field had come loose inside the game and had fallen inside the cabinet, tearing out the flipper switch along the way, damaged the rail and got stuck inside. The front and corners of the cabinet were cracked in multiple locations as well, and there was a tear in the cab decal.
Marshall (the new owner of LSOG) put in an insurance claim for the damage, but it was declined a month or so later. Meanwhile, I was able to get the play field pulled out, repaired the play field mounting bracket and turned the game on. It played perfectly with no problems at all. However, I was still stuck with the cracked/damaged cabinet and the broken flipper switch.
Marshall from Little Shop of Games came through big time and bought me a new Star Wars cabinet on his own! The cabinet arrived, I swapped out the play field and everything is 100%.
Kudos to Marshall for taking care of this for me! I really appreciate him going the extra mile and making me whole once again. Another great distributor that I will do business with again in the future.
As an aside, this game rocks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
There are 8477 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 170.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside