IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 301.
#8351 4 years ago

I’m not concerned with the top 100 ratings. It doesn’t effect my enjoyment of the pin.

But easily top 20 pin to me. I’m seeing Sooo many Stern Spike pins above it (7) BK, Elvira, BM66, GB, DP, JP4, Maiden above SW(?) (not saying they’re bad, I could have bought any of them and so glad I got SW premium). I’m sure the owners of those pins love them as well as we love our SW. I just can’t imagine that SW is the bottom half of all Spike games.

Top40 isn’t too bad tho.

I’ve owned Lotr for example great pin all around. But I’ve played my SW more in 2.5 months than I played Lotr in 2.5 years of ownership.

#8352 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

sick!! That looks much better to my eye

Mine too!!!

#8353 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I had a pretty good video mode score tonight.
I think this game is officially the most addictive game I've ever owned![quoted image]

Can you explain how you got this? I honestly don’t completely understand video mode.. I have fun trying to hit the lockdown a bunch and navigate at high speed but sometimes I get more points for a streak and sometimes more for asteroids dodged? But never that many points in general.. the multipliers play in here somehow yeah?

#8354 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Hitting the stand up targets increases your shot multiplier, the drop targets and mystery shot can double it also. I mostly use it during multiball since the auto launcher it hitting the stand up targets repeatably. You move the shot multiplier around by pressing the lock down bar button, flipper button to where you want it and then lock down bar button again to lock it in again. The higher the multiplier gets the less shots are available. You have to hit the stand up targets when the shot multipliers start to flash or your accumulated multiplier will reset.

Thanks for this explanation! Didn’t know about the standups— that helps a lot to know lol!

#8356 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Can you explain how you got this? I honestly don’t completely understand video mode.

just like the rest of the game. build up to 20X or 40X on the stand up targets, then hit the center loop with the green arrow lit on it = big points.

#8358 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Can you explain how you got this?

It took me totally by surprise. Normally a great score on the video mode for me would be around 60M, although usually much lower. When it completed and seen my score, my jawn dropped. I don't really play with the multipliers (I'm still figuring the basics out), but I must have had them racked up through dumb luck when I started the mode.

#8359 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Cant seem to find plastic protectors for my pro. Any ideas?

check with ULEKstore

#8360 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It took me totally by surprise. Normally a great score on the video mode for me would be around 60M, although usually much lower. When it completed and seen my score, my jawn dropped. I don't really play with the multipliers (I'm still figuring the basics out), but I must have had them racked up through dumb luck when I started the mode.

A perfect run with a lot of boost (center button) at 40x = huge points. I think I had a 1+ billion video mode last night. I'll have to double check that I'm not imagining that. Either way...lots and lots of points waiting here. I like the video mode quite a bit, I just hate how you can be forced to play it again and again and again in the same game. Should be once a game only, or always give the option to pass like STTNG or GoT. I have played it 5-6 times per game on multiple occasions. That's a rarity, but still should never happen.

#8361 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Should be once a game only, or always give the option to pass like STTNG or GoT.

Its one of the more fun video modes out there IMO, but yes, it should have a pass option like you have on the regular modes. That seems like an easy thing for them to add. If I have to play it more than twice per game, it's not going to be fun. Fortunately for me, I suck, so I've never seen it more than twice in a game.

#8362 4 years ago

You know there are levels on the video mode? I think the higher the level the more worth the points.
I have an 850M video mode champ now I think.

It's a strategy to only play that with a big multiplier

#8363 4 years ago

The best time to play the video mode is when you are coming out of a multi-ball because usually the multiplier will already be built up to 20 or 40x. First thing I do it check the multiplier when I am draining to single ball play.

#8364 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The best time to play the video mode is when you are coming out of a multi-ball because usually the multiplier will already be built up to 20 or 40x. First thing I do it check the multiplier when I am draining to single ball play.

No matter how hard I try to employ Master Yoda's wisdom and "control, control, you must learn control!!", the first thing I do when draining to single ball play, more often than I'd like, is to also drain the single ball.

I'm OK at times. When in the zone I have gotten high scores in the 3.6-5.0 billion range, and have faced the emperor twice, beating him once. But there are still a lot of cheap drains in this game. Great game to have at home on free play, since restarting isn't so painful....

#8365 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

You know there are levels on the video mode? I think the higher the level the more worth the points.
I have an 850M video mode champ now I think.
It's a strategy to only play that with a big multiplier

Yup...BIG money.

1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
#8366 4 years ago

Well, you guys humble my achievements in this game, but I finally blew up the death star (Endor) and got to play victory multiball. I also managed to get three balls in the hyperloop. Super cool! I just finished bolting it down to the floor and even used some red Loctite on the threads.

#8367 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Well, you guys humble my achievements in this game, but I finally blew up the death star (Endor) and got to play victory multiball. I also managed to get three balls in the hyperloop. Super cool! I just finished bolting it down to the floor and even used some red Loctite on the threads.

Lol...it is pretty satisfying when you get all that stuff going on a game!

#8368 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Lol...it is pretty satisfying when you get all that stuff going on a game!

Just imagine how great it would be if the game were rated higher... oh, wait.

#8369 4 years ago

I’ve had SW premium for 6 months. I finally blew up the death star last night also. I went into death star multiball and then stacked tie fighter multiball with it and then rolled into victory multiball. Fun stuff!

I’ve only made it to the emperor once also about a month ago. I’ve got a small 3 pin line up with TWD premium and DP pro. SW premium def gets the most play.

#8370 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not concerned with the top 100 ratings. It doesn’t effect my enjoyment of the pin.
But easily top 20 pin to me. I’m seeing Sooo many Stern Spike pins above it (7) BK, Elvira, BM66, GB, DP, JP4, Maiden above SW(?) (not saying they’re bad, I could have bought any of them and so glad I got SW premium). I’m sure the owners of those pins love them as well as we love our SW. I just can’t imagine that SW is the bottom half of all Spike games.
Top40 isn’t too bad tho.
I’ve owned Lotr for example great pin all around. But I’ve played my SW more in 2.5 months than I played Lotr in 2.5 years of ownership.

The only reason you play SW 2.5x in 2.5 months over LOTR in 2.5 years is because your LOTR games last 10x longer so instead of playing 1x LOTR game you get to play 10x SW games. I do enjoy SWLE more than lotr though because it’s a harder player and that hyperloop shot is so much fun!

#8371 4 years ago

Well, I finally joined the club with a Comic Premium model which I just put on order. I have a shaker, plastic protectors, and a shooter lane protector on order. Is there anything else that would be considered a must have or that fixes any known issues with the design?

Also, does the scoop hole come with a built in protector from Stern?

Thanks in advance for any info.

#8372 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Well, I finally joined the club with a Comic Premium model which I just put on order. .

So I guess you don't need to play mine this weekend
As fair as parts, some ladies like to put a double post in the left outlane.

#8373 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So I guess you don't need to play kine this weekend
As fair as parts, some ladies like to put a double post in the left outlane.

LOL, I was going to message and tell you that this afternoon. I wanna play it "as is" for a while before I start stuffing things places to prevent the balls from fleeing the playfield.

#8374 4 years ago

It is a drain monster. You will see...

#8375 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

It is a drain monster. You will see...

Yeah, I'm aware. I put some money in an LE at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor. I figured maybe at home I could come up with some defense strategy against that left lane, but as you said, I'll see.

I'm thinking about pulling the coil stops and having a welder (at the machine shop where I work) weld the stop to the angle bracket on the backside where the apparently weak crimp is. Otherwise, I'm sure I'd probably experience coil stop failure based on a lot of other recent NIB Stern purchasers.

#8376 4 years ago

The coil stops of late are crap. My friend's JP went through 3 in as many weeks. Whoever Stern is getting them from needs to do better.

#8377 4 years ago

My hyperspace loop shot is acting funny. It seems like the magnets that whip the ball around the loop are not pushing the ball fast enough to compete even one loop. More than half the time it doesn’t go all the way around even once. Is there a setting in the service menu to increase power ? Or am I on the wrong track ? Any comments/advice?

#8378 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

My hyperspace loop shot is acting funny. It seems like the magnets that whip the ball around the loop are not pushing the ball fast enough to compete even one loop. More than half the time it doesn’t go all the way around even once. Is there a setting in the service menu to increase power ? Or am I on the wrong track ? Any comments/advice?

Sounds like 1 or more are not firing. Do all 4 lights above each magnet coil light up in succession as the ball is moving through magnets?

#8379 4 years ago

Thunderbird

Yes. All 4 quickly flash as the ball passes through every time

#8380 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

thunderbird
Yes. All 4 quickly flash as the ball passes through every time

It would be interesting to see how it is flowing with the cover off. Still sounds like 1 or more are not firing correctly or an obstruction some where along the route. Check the whole habit trail. Also, is the upper right lane diverter working properly? Mine was not, so I had to take apart the coil and re-solder the joint.

#8381 4 years ago

Thank you for the advice. I’ll take a look at the habit trail as well

#8382 4 years ago

Question for the comic edition owners here, but has anyone experienced any of these new clearcoat issues I've heard about on other machines?

#8383 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Question for the comic edition owners here, but has anyone experienced any of these new clearcoat issues I've heard about on other machines?

Not on mine. Although, I can tell the clear is thinner than my other Sterns. Its more like the LOTR I used to own., which if fine IMO.

#8384 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The clear is fine but the wood is soft so you do get dimples. Doesn’t bother me and does even out somewhat over time.

#8385 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The clear is fine but the wood is soft so you do get dimples. Doesn’t bother me and does even out somewhat over time.

Same here. The dimples are only noticeable by me when I crouch low enough for the light to reflect off of them. Even my metal ramp flaps are dimpled!

#8386 4 years ago

But no pooling or flaking or any of that crap? I can overlook dimples.

#8387 4 years ago

I just received the millenium falcon from Stern and I want to install it on my pro (no mezel mod alligator clips but with a real connector)

From the light reference table in the pro manual this seems to be provided/supported (bottom row in screenshot)

Anyone already installed this with success? Just wanted to check before I blow up my nodeboard or something like that.

falcon (resized).jpgfalcon (resized).jpgswlight (resized).jpgswlight (resized).jpg
#8388 4 years ago

I just received the millenium falcon from Stern and I want to install it on my pro (no mezel mod alligator clips but with a real connector)
From the light reference table in the pro manual this seems to be provided/supported (bottom row in screenshot)
Anyone already installed this with success? Just wanted to check before I blow up my nodeboard or something like that.[quoted image][quoted image]

Node board 10, Connector (CN) 2?

#8389 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Node board 10, Connector (CN) 2?

Of course, that seems logic, just wanted to verify if somebody already had done this.
Manuals do not always match the real situation.

#8390 4 years ago

Of course, that seems logic, just wanted to verify if somebody already had done this.
Manuals do not always match the real situation.

Understood. I didn't realize adding the falcon was an option and was sold separately.

#8391 4 years ago

I got my COMIC ART PRO and man what a beautiful machine it is. I really love it. Steve Richie flow all the way. Love it love it love it. Working 100% out of the box. Perfect! Happy days.

1GR1 PRO 012020 (resized).jpg1GR1 PRO 012020 (resized).jpgSW PRO 012020 (resized).jpgSW PRO 012020 (resized).jpg
#8392 4 years ago

The wings on my tie fighter are coming loose. Anyone know what the head on those screws are? Some kind of tiny allen wrench?

#8393 4 years ago

my new comic premium tie fighter has been shedding little pieces of plastic every few days which land on the left ramp. I hope its just because its new and will stop soon

#8394 4 years ago

There is a airball mod that i recommend to protect the tie fighter. I didn’t get many air balls but somehow very occasionally the ball wouldn’t hit the ramp cleanly hit my tie fighter and broke a wing right off.

#8395 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There is a airball mod that i recommend to protect the tie fighter. I didn’t get many air balls but somehow very occasionally the ball wouldn’t hit the ramp cleanly hit my tie fighter and broke a wing right off.

Do you have a link to it? That sounds like something I'd be interested in. Thanks in advance.

#8396 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Do you have a link to it? That sounds like something I'd be interested in. Thanks in advance.

https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-airball-protector

I had to replace the tie fighter, was like $80 so the protector is worth it!

#8397 4 years ago

I recently watched a video where a person made some homemade playfield lights (LED strips) and plugged them into his service outlet on a new Jurassic Park Pro. I thought that was a neat idea. I pondered doing that, but then I realized that unless I'm totally missing something, my SW Prem doesn't have a service outlet. There seems to be a piece of white plastic covering the place where a service outlet should be. Is there a way to remedy this?

#8398 4 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I recently watched a video where a person made some homemade playfield lights (LED strips) and plugged them into his service outlet on a new Jurassic Park Pro. I thought that was a neat idea. I pondered doing that, but then I realized that unless I'm totally missing something, my SW Prem doesn't have a service outlet. There seems to be a piece of white plastic covering the place where a service outlet should be. Is there a way to remedy this?

I think the service outlet is in the backbox on Star Wars.

#8399 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I think the service outlet is in the backbox on Star Wars.

Right. But where mine should be is a white plastic cover over the opening.

#8400 4 years ago

Can someone explain exactly how the bonus points and “Bonus Held” works on Star Wars?

I got a HUGE bonus today (1.2B) and I’m not quite sure how I got it. The total was around 600M and then because I had picked Bonus Held, it doubled it.

Any explanation on how the bonus and bonus held works for this game would be greatly appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/168?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.