IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 301.
#8251 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Thanks man .... I need to get this again as it’s the best reward in pinball I’ve ever seen

On some characters (?) Luke you can pick hyper loop ready as one of the pre ball launch options.

#8252 4 years ago

Now that I have enough plays to open this game up, I'm loving it. There are so many things to go for and so many different ways to approach it. Currently, I would put this game solidly in my top 5. I think it gets beat up on ratings for some of the same reasons TWD does. It can be brutal, and the rules take a little study to understand fully. That and people are still emotionally damaged over its non-cluttered playfield.

I would highly recommend installing the Pin-woofer super kit. It's by far the best mod I've put on mine. To really appreciate the audio assets that immerse you into this game, you need the amp in the BB with the upgraded speakers. Crank the BB up, and the hairs will stand up on your neck each time you start tie fighter or hyperloop multiball. The stock amps and speakers do this game no justice.

#8253 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Now that I have enough plays to open this game up, I'm loving it. There are so many things to go for and so many different ways to approach it. Currently, I would put this game solidly in my top 5. I think it gets beat up on ratings for some of the same reasons TWD does. It can be brutal, and the rules take a little study to understand fully. That and people are still emotionally damaged over its non-cluttered playfield.
I would highly recommend installing the Pin-woofer super kit. It's by far the best mod I've put on mine. To really appreciate the audio assets that immerse you into this game, you need the amp in the BB with the upgraded speakers. Crank the BB up, and the hairs will stand up on your neck each time you start tie fighter or hyperloop multiball. The stock amps and speakers do this game no justice.

I agree with the upgraded speakers. I went with the Flipper Fidelity high output and they are a huge difference. I can imagine with a separate amplifier they would be even better.

#8254 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I love the shaker in my Deadpool. I hated it in my SW, it shook very very aggressively during video mode and end sequence. I pulled it and put it in my IMDN.
It was my test of using a ‘stern certified’ shaker, where I typically just buy Pinball life shakers. So that may play into the aggressive poor use of it in SW. otherwise, I’m a big fan of shaker motors. It’s great in my other 3 games.

Just installed a stern shaker that my wife got me for Christmas . got my high score and blew up the Death Star!I see what people mean by saying the shaker is very aggressive in video mode. Guess I'll just to play better! I have it set on minimal which I think works best. Only thing I didn't care for was it going off during the match sequence. I'll see what happens if I turn that setting off.
Lastly, what setting are people using for amount of extra balls?

#8255 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just installed a stern shaker that my wife got me for Christmas . Just got my high score and blew up the Death Star!I see what people mean by saying the shaker is very aggressive in video mode. Guess I'll just to play better! I have it set on minimal which I think works best. Only thing I didn't care for was it going off during the match sequence. I'll see what happens if I turn that setting off.
Lastly, what setting are people using for amount of extra balls?

I am factory default for the extra balls. I think some characters (Luke) are able to earn extra balls easier than others. As far as the shaker, I think the implementation is great. As far as video mode, if you don’t hit the asteroids the shaker never goes off.

#8256 4 years ago

I turned the Match off.

#8257 4 years ago

I’ve come full circle on this game. When playing it for the first time in 2017 (Pro model), I felt that the game didn’t grab me. I really wanted to warm to the machine as I’m a huge SW geek, but alas it wasn’t to be. I ended up buying an AFMR LE instead. Fast forward to now & im smitten after playing my brother in law’s Premium on Boxing Day. The AFMR LE is now going to go to make room for the SW Comic art Prem machine. Can’t wait to officially join this club!

#8258 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

I’ve come full circle on this game. When playing it for the first time in 2017 (Pro model), I felt that the game didn’t grab me. I really wanted to warm to the machine as I’m a huge SW geek, but alas it wasn’t to be. I ended up buying an AFMR LE instead. Fast forward to now & im smitten after playing my brother in law’s Premium on Boxing Day. The AFMR LE is now going to go to make room for the SW Comic art Prem machine. Can’t wait to officially join this club!

That's what I felt about the game initially (I didn't understand it). I played a lot of the SW pro and wanted to like that because the cabinet art was better but now having the premium cabinet is really great too, but the main thing to me is the hyper loop which is one of the greatest toys and really brings SW premium up to greatness imo.

It seems like Stern has a continued winner on its hands with the comic art remake.

#8259 4 years ago

After seeing the topper and being disappointed and in sticker shock, my wife and I made our own. Not bad for a stunt ultrasaber that I converted to a plug-in and half a cheap stormtrooper helmet.

846ACFA5-DF6B-4140-A28E-03FC8D28340B (resized).jpeg846ACFA5-DF6B-4140-A28E-03FC8D28340B (resized).jpeg
#8260 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Same thing here as well. Played the game early on tried to have an open mind but with all the bad talk about the game I really just didn’t bother to see for myself. Then playing it again after some of the dust settled and going at it with an open mind wow awesome. Theme integration and game play is deep but straight forward if you just take a short time to understand it.

#8261 4 years ago

Anyone able to help me with a sound file that I can’t seem to get formatted properly on my Mac?
I can’t even tell if it’s supposed to be a .img or a .spk file for the install in the game.

I’ve tried etcher, disk utility, decompressor and a rar file unpacker. The native file seems to be a .rar which I have t worked with before.

#8262 4 years ago

Due to a limited three space pinball area, unfortunately I need to sell my HUO SW's Premium w/ many modifications. This is absolutely one title that we would like to reacquire in the future, but for now it's up for sale/trade. If interested, please refer to the Pinside Market for further details.

#8263 4 years ago

Just joined the club today with a Premium Comic version. Finally got to see the hyper loop which was awesome.
A couple of questions:
-Pitch. Ive asked and folks have said 6.5. But im getting SOOOOO many outlane drains even with the left outlane at the easiest setting. Im wondering if bringing it up to 6.8 or so might help. Or does that mess something else up?

-Left Outlane Siamese Post. I bought one as I saw some on here did. But it seems it would cover some of the playfield as well. Wouldnt that scratch the art possibly over time? Im hesitant to put it on.
-How much did this help vs just putting the post in the easiest position?

-Best settings for auto launch to avoid going right into the left outlane? What power level? My ball saves go right into there 1/4 of the time.

-lastly. the mystery shot eject. Itll go right SDTM unless I flip right to prepare. But that leads to floaty left outlane. Should I adjust that eject power down?

#8264 4 years ago

@mbrave77. The left outlane is a drain monster. No pitch will fix it. This game will teach you to nudge better. The Tatooine scoop issue fix is to adjust the power. Mine hits the left flipper 90% of the time after I found the sweet spot. Also, there is a setting for ball save from that scoop. And NEVER autolaunch or launch with lockdown bar button. ALWAYS soft plunge. I usually soft plunge to right flipper. Autolaunch is often a drain. I would also recommend setting ball save to 8 seconds until you get used to the game.

#8265 4 years ago

Someone made a little plastic with rubber attachments for TWD out lanes. More adjustable and more control I’d like to buy something for SW like that.

#8266 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

mbrave77. The left outlane is a drain monster. No pitch will fix it. This game will teach you to nudge better. The Tatooine scoop issue fix is to adjust the power. Mine hits the left flipper 90% of the time after I found the sweet spot. Also, there is a setting for ball save from that scoop. And NEVER autolaunch or launch with lockdown bar button. ALWAYS soft plunge. I usually soft plunge to right flipper. Autolaunch is often a drain. I would also recommend setting ball save to 8 seconds until you get used to the game.

Thanks. Can you let me know what your scoop launch settings are?

#8267 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone able to help me with a sound file that I can’t seem to get formatted properly on my Mac?
I can’t even tell if it’s supposed to be a .img or a .spk file for the install in the game.
I’ve tried etcher, disk utility, decompressor and a rar file unpacker. The native file seems to be a .rar which I have t worked with before.

What exactly are you trying to do? I’m a little confused by your description. I used a Mac to edit the SW sounds using pinball browser.

#8268 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

What exactly are you trying to do? I’m a little confused by your description. I used a Mac to edit the SW sounds using pinball browser.

Pm sent

#8269 4 years ago

people werent kidding when they said the premium was tougher! That death star shot is very tough, but the hyperloop is a thing of beauty. Ive only had the game a day so Ill get better for sure, but this game is kicking my ass! I do like that its a much different game than my deadpool premium. So its nice to have a change of pace.

Can the death star shot(on premium) be backhanded? Or is it only possible from right flipper?

#8270 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Can the death star shot(on premium) be backhanded? Or is it only possible from right flipper?

Yes. I've done it serval times, though I'll have to confess, both times were accidental.

#8271 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Absolutely. But your game must be at a 6.5 degree pitch. Use the “pin guy” app for iPhone.

#8272 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Absolutely. But your game must be at a 6.5 degree pitch. Use the “pin guy” app for iPhone.

think im at 6.5/6.6. I have a tool that can measure it pretty well. eill play around with it

#8273 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

think im at 6.5/6.6. I have a tool that can measure it pretty well. eill play around with it

It’s a tight shot. But if your game is level and clean it should be doable.

#8274 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yes. I've done it serval times, though I'll have to confess, both times were accidental.

I can’t always do it but I frequently can intentionally backhand it. Usually from a cradle only. And it BARELY makes it. I feel like the magnet has to pull it up a little!

#8275 4 years ago

I make the death star as much from the left flipper as the right. It does usually have to be cradled to get the proper aim from the left; otherwise it is a luck shot.

#8276 4 years ago

I usually miss the Death Star shot as much from the left flipper as the right.

#8277 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I make the death star as much from the left flipper as the right. It does usually have to be cradled to get the proper aim from the left; otherwise it is a luck shot.

Cradling the ball on the left is a must, I thought that went without saying

#8278 4 years ago

For those interested, twenty84 (ChromeCandyPinball on Twitch) did a stream a few days ago with a dedicated camera on the new SW topper the whole time:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/527437553

The most interactivity I noticed was when R2D2 did a full 360 degree rotation after a free ball was won. Otherwise, it appears to be fairly sedate.

#8279 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

For those interested, twenty84 (ChromeCandyPinball on Twitch) did a stream a few days ago with a dedicated camera on the new SW topper the whole time:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/527437553
The most interactivity I noticed was when R2D2 did a full 360 degree rotation after a free ball was won. Otherwise, it appears to be fairly sedate.

R2 does quite a few things I have noticed. For this stream, it would have been more noticeable with direct audio capture, since a lot of what is added is audio + the movement. He is more active when you play as R2, since he seems to move more in the modes he is in.

A few things I noticed:

*Tilt / Warning he will freak out
*Mystery he will move similar to the R2 on the screen
*Bonus countdown (when R2 is pictured on the screen) he mimics the movements of the screen R2
*When selecting R2 character before 1st ball he moves and beeps to acknowledge he is picked
*Ball save (when playing as R2) springs him into action when the animation pops up

If you have the volume up, you will definitely notice R2 while playing because of all the extra R2 beeps and movement sounds.

One of the best parts of the topper that I didn't expect is how R2 brings the machine to life in attract mode. You can adjust the interval when he makes sounds and moves in attract. Default is every 20 minutes. The execution is pretty good overall.

#8280 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

R2 does quite a few things I have noticed. For this stream, it would have been more noticeable with direct audio capture, since a lot of what is added is audio + the movement. He is more active when you play as R2, since he seems to move more in the modes he is in.
*Bonus countdown (when R2 is pictured on the screen) he mimics the movements of the screen R2
*When selecting R2 character before 1st ball he moves and beeps to acknowledge he is picked
*Ball save (when playing as R2) springs him into action when the animation pops up
If you have the volume up, you will definitely notice R2 while playing because of all the extra R2 beeps and movement sounds.
One of the best parts of the topper that I didn't expect is how R2 brings the machine to life in attract mode. You can adjust the interval when he makes sounds and moves in attract. Default is every 20 minutes. The execution is pretty good overall.

Good info - thanks!

Now if it only looked better and wasn't so expensive ...

#8281 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thank god I don't have enough ceiling height in my basement for one of these! After reading this,the more I want one.

#8282 4 years ago

anyone who has installed the siamese post on the left lane 2 questions:

-What size rubber to get on that thing? I tried stretching a spare I had to no avail

-Im afraid installing this will scratch the playfield. has that been your experience?

#8283 4 years ago

This is how I installed it. Not sure what size rubber, 3/8 maybe. No playfield scratching.

IMG_20191212_124633 (resized).jpgIMG_20191212_124633 (resized).jpg
#8284 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

This is how I installed it. Not sure what size rubber, 3/8 maybe. No playfield scratching.[quoted image]

So which screw hole is that screwed into? If only one of the two screws are used doesnt it move a tiny bit when hit?

#8285 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So which screw hole is that screwed into? If only one of the two screws are used doesnt it move a tiny bit when hit?

Looks to be tight against the playfield rail so shouldn't be going anywhere.

This is a great adjustment that I wasn't previously aware of. Thanks for posting again @D-Gottlieb!

#8286 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I removed the existing post. It may be in the lowest hole, I don't recall. It doesn't move.

#8287 4 years ago

Finally figuring this game out and deploying some strategy and stacking missions. Blew up the death star with tie fighter multiball active and beat my previous high by a billion. I know this isnt a crazy score but my best so far on my premium!

20200103_032932405_iOS (resized).jpg20200103_032932405_iOS (resized).jpg
#8288 4 years ago

Congrats mbrave77 ! It’s such a fun pin. I’m a new owner also.

Man that hyperdrive loop is fun. But hard. So far only managed two balls up on there and only for a few seconds.

#8289 4 years ago

750 for the stern topper is criminal! I just saw this droid in my inbox, not too big but got a lot going on. Now maybe an arduuino controlling it as a topper. and for 39.95!

https://www.newegg.com/sphero-r201-apw-entertainment/p/N82E16886428004?Item=9SIAG1N8S03437

#8290 4 years ago

Been trying to complete Escape from Hoth without bringing in any other multiballs and it's tough. Hitting that left orbit can be tough.

#8291 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Been trying to complete Escape from Hoth without bringing in any other multiballs and it's tough. Hitting that left orbit can be tough.

Hardest MB for me. So many stages

#8292 4 years ago

Finally did it. Had been trying to shortcut it with Luke and Han but Lea gets 4 balls in this mode so that's the way to go.

#8293 4 years ago

hardest shots for me when I need it is right ramp and the left orbit. I get them all the time, just not when Im exactly trying! Ive gotten pretty good at the death star ramp(premium here) from left cradle or the right(a bit easier for me actually).

Hyper loop i get almost every game once but thats it. One ball and about 4 loops. How do you get additional balls in? Hyperloop multiball? I dont know if Ive gotten that yet. Mode stacking makes it tough to keep track of everything. The first of only two times ive blown up the death star I didnt even get to see it because of the multiball madness going on!

#8294 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hardest shots for me when I need it is right ramp and the left orbit. I get them all the time, just not when Im exactly trying! Ive gotten pretty good at the death star ramp(premium here) from left cradle or the right(a bit easier for me actually).
Hyper loop i get almost every game once but thats it. One ball and about 4 loops. How do you get additional balls in? Hyperloop multiball? I dont know if Ive gotten that yet. Mode stacking makes it tough to keep track of everything. The first of only two times ive blown up the death star I didnt even get to see it because of the multiball madness going on!

For the right ramp, it’s a much easier and safer shot back handed from the right flipper.

To extend time for hyperspace multiball, shoot the yellow arrows before you try the hyperloop shot. That builds time you have to load balls in the loop. The yellow shots are the right ramp or left orbit. Both of these can be combo’d into the hyperloop. I like to backhand the right ramp to build time / hurry-up score and then combo it into the hyperloop.

#8295 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For the right ramp, it’s a much easier and safer shot back handed from the right flipper.
To extend time for hyperspace multiball, shoot the yellow arrows before you try the hyperloop shot. That builds time you have to load balls in the loop. The yellow shots are the right ramp or left orbit. Both of these can be combo’d into the hyperloop. I like to backhand the right ramp to build time / hurry-up score and then combo it into the hyperloop.

Thx. Im less than a week into ownership so still learning!

#8296 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:hardest shots for me when I need it is right ramp and the left orbit.

Both are easiest when backhanded.

#8297 4 years ago

Setup my game the last months like this:
3 balls + 1 extra
No mode combination at all
outlanes wide open
tie fighter multiball settings hard (50 tie fighters needed for mb)
hyperspace multiball hard (3 hurry ups)

Finally defeated the emperor on these settings.
Was a real rush to play.
I'm not at all in to star was but this game is such fun.

Ended up 11.5B (in this was a 1B hyperspace hurry up and a 850M video mode).

#8298 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Setup my game the last months like this:
3 balls + 1 extra
No mode combination at all
outlanes wide open
tie fighter multiball settings hard (50 tie fighters needed for mb)
hyperspace multiball hard (3 hurry ups)
Finally defeated the emperor on these settings.
Was a real rush to play.
I'm not at all in to star was but this game is such fun.
Ended up 11.5B (in this was a 1B hyperspace hurry up and a 850M video mode).

That’s awesome but way to make me feel bad my highest score is less than one billion.

#8299 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s awesome but way to make me feel bad my highest score is less than one billion.

Ouch. Try R2 and focus on multipliers.

#8300 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've broken through a billion a few times (1.6 is my highest). I just can't seem to beat any of the mini-wizard modes. I even stacked tie fighter multiball a couple of times and still failed. I can't imagine battling and defeating the Emporer at this point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/166?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.