20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 300.
#8151 4 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Looks like current rev is 1.05. If anyone could weigh in on the polishing that would be great. Thank you!

Post a photo of the wax.

#8152 4 years ago

Is the Fork ramp any different on the Comic Premium?

I sold my SW Prem, now thinking of buying Comic SW Prem...Wondering if the fork ramp is more reliable with less bounce outs...Maybe there has been a fix for it in the last year that I've missed.

#8153 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Is the Fork ramp any different on the Comic Premium?
I sold my SW Prem, now thinking of buying Comic SW Prem...Wondering if the fork ramp is more reliable with less bounce outs...Maybe there has been a fix for it in the last year that I've missed.

No the machines are mechanically identical. Only difference is the artwork. I do agree the topper looks more matched with the original than th comic version though. Will be good to see photos of one installed on a comic art model.

#8154 4 years ago

I nailed the fork ramp dead on and rolled out one time. But before that it’s been 100 percent on accurate shots.

#8155 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

No the machines are mechanically identical. Only difference is the artwork. I do agree the topper looks more matched with the original than th comic version though. Will be good to see photos of one installed on a comic art model.

There's images of the comic edition with topper in the sw topper thread. I totally agree the topper doesn't match well on comic edition, but looks much better on original art, especially the LE.

#8156 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone know what mod company is making backlighting for the Light Sabre armor?
Could have sworn I saw this a while back.

It isn’t a company it’s just an enterprising Pinsider. He’s asking for a few other people to show interest and then he will make it. psw757 posted it about a page back.

#8157 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It isn’t a company it’s just an enterprising Pinsider. He’s asking for a few other people to show interest and then he will make it.

That was me, I’m not making it but spoke with PinGraffix and they agreed to make it if I can get 5 customers but currently at 4.

Still need 1-2 more to make this happen.

#8158 4 years ago

Lol I just edited my post to mention it was you and then you posted at the same time. Cool Pingraffix is going to do it. I forgot that part.

#8159 4 years ago

Someone help me understand the core objectives of Escape from Tatooine.

Is it really just shoot left ramp to escape?

Am I missing something here or is the a ridiculously easy mode?

#8160 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Someone help me understand the core objectives of Escape from Tatooine.
Is it really just shoot left ramp to escape?
Am I missing something here or is the a ridiculously easy mode?

Not quite - it’s a series of alternating shots. Left ramp / Right loop. From Tilt Fourms:

Escape from Tatooine: Shoot the alternating shots of left ramp and right inner loop to progress the story of Luke getting to the yacht, retrieving Leia, and exploding Jabba’s Yacht. There are 9 parts to the story. Along the way the 3 bank, right ramp, and right eject will increase your award value. So you have a choice of going straight for the end or trying to maximize your scoring potential.

#8161 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not quite - it’s a series of alternating shots. Left ramp / Right loop. From Tilt Fourms:
Escape from Tatooine: Shoot the alternating shots of left ramp and right inner loop to progress the story of Luke getting to the yacht, retrieving Leia, and exploding Jabba’s Yacht. There are 9 parts to the story. Along the way the 3 bank, right ramp, and right eject will increase your award value. So you have a choice of going straight for the end or trying to maximize your scoring potential.

That’s good to know...never knew any of that.

When you start the mission it says to shoot left ramp and if you do it shows it completed I think. Lol

#8162 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That’s good to know...never knew any of that.
When you start the mission it says to shoot left ramp and if you do it shows it completed I think. Lol

Yeah you shoot the left ramp. But then you need the right loop to re-light the left ramp.

#8163 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah you shoot the left ramp. But then you need the right loop to re-light the left ramp.

7 shots total iirc

#8164 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I nailed the fork ramp dead on and rolled out one time. But before that it’s been 100 percent on accurate shots.

K, this was the Comic Edition?

I had a regular Prem and would get bounce outs pretty regularly...

#8165 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

There is a physical adjustment in the hyperloop / fork ramp transition that can help improve rejects.

#8166 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

yes(comic), it hits 95% of the time, I can even backhand now and then.

#8167 4 years ago

So my Hoth shot is not behaving as I would expect. If the Hoth is lit or video mode, I make the shot, and the fork drops down, letting the ball go. The video mode starts or I get to select a Hoth mission and the released ball drains (since the flippers are disabled). Then it kicks out another ball, which drains as well. Then my video mode is killed, or if I haven't quickly selected a mission, it cancels the option to select one. The thing I notice is that the fork is going up and down repeatedly. Is that normal?

#8168 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

So my Hoth shot is not behaving as I would expect. If the Hoth is lit or video mode, I make the shot, and the fork drops down, letting the ball go. The video mode starts or I get to select a Hoth mission and the released ball drains (since the flippers are disabled). Then it kicks out another ball, which drains as well. Then my video mode is killed, or if I haven't quickly selected a mission, it cancels the option to select one. The thing I notice is that the fork is going up and down repeatedly. Is that normal?

Not normal. There is a switch on the fork mech that is not making contact or a bad connection, solder, connector, etc.

#8169 4 years ago

It finally arrived! Now I need to use the Force and hone my skills. Currently I suck at Star Wars. I can only get better.

20191216_153709 (resized).jpg20191216_153709 (resized).jpg20191216_153818 (resized).jpg20191216_153818 (resized).jpg
#8170 4 years ago

In the club! Got a good deal on a NIB premium including Stern topper, side armor, art blades and free shipping for $8,200.00.

Manufactured 5/17/2019

#8171 4 years ago

I just added the topper (#91 - video of initial set up on Star Wars Topper discussion). I played a game and noticed that the clear plastic protector behind the Death star finally broke at the lower right nut. When I purchased the game, it was cracking. Stern sent me a new protector which was great. Now that it actually broke, I will install it. I have not read through all the posts. Is there any protector (yeah, i know for a protector) or method to better protect the area around the nut from cracking and breaking? Maybe rubber washers under the protector or something?

IMG_3998 (resized).jpegIMG_3998 (resized).jpeg
#8172 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I just added the topper (#91 - video of initial set up on Star Wars Topper discussion). I played a game and noticed that the clear plastic protector behind the Death star finally broke at the lower right nut. When I purchased the game, it was cracking. Stern sent me a new protector which was great. Now that it actually broke, I will install it. I have not read through all the posts. Is there any protector (yeah, i know for a protector) or method to better protect the area around the nut from cracking and breaking? Maybe rubber washers under the protector or something?[quoted image]

On another note...where did you get the tubing to mount the x wing fighter and how is it installed?

#8173 4 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

In the club! Got a good deal on a NIB premium including Stern topper, side armor, art blades and free shipping for $8,200.00.
Manufactured 5/17/2019

Congrats ... my machine has the same manufactured date , kool

#8174 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

On another note...where did you get the tubing to mount the x wing fighter and how is it installed?

Some people use piano wire. I bought some wire from Home Depot that was no where as strong and hard to bend as piano wire but bent nicely and kept its shape. I do not remember exactly but you can see what they have. There was an existing hole for the base that the Hot Wheels came with. I used a pick to dig into the ship a little deeper. I stuck the wire straight into the ship and bent the wire at 90 degree angle (to provide more surface area for the glue) and used a glue gun to place a nice hidden wad of glue nicely spread out.

My plan was to try to screw in a screw when it came off and bend the wire in a loop. But it has not fallen apart in almost 2 years.

#8175 4 years ago

I apologize if this has been talked about before but Star Wars is new to me. So I own the Comic Premium but the game boots up and reports that it is an LE (not a premium). Is this normal or did Stern just have Extra LE boards and used what they had to make the Comic versions? Just curious.

#8176 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I apologize if this has been talked about before but Star Wars is new to me. So I own the Comic Premium but the game boots up and reports that it is an LE (not a premium). Is this normal or did Stern just have Extra LE boards and used what they had to make the Comic versions? Just curious.

LE and Premium code is identical. I think they all say LE on boot.

#8177 4 years ago

So I'm beginning to get somewhat familiar with this game and the rules, though I still have a way to go. Can someone tell me where there is an opportunity for a six-ball multiball? This game is loaded with six balls, but after reading through the rules, I wasn't able to find where all six could be used at the same time.

Also, as I noted earlier, the clear is thinner on the comic book version, and as a result, the dimples are small and shallow. They are hardly noticeable compared to my other games. I think this thicker clear trend has probably lead to everyone's observable dimples (maybe the pooling?). Anyway, so far, I'm pleased with it.

#8178 4 years ago

I think victory multiball is 6 balls.

#8179 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think victory multiball is 6 balls.

Oh cool. I haven't seen one of those yet, but I'm working on it. I can't wait to get six balls flying around this thing.

#8180 4 years ago

Hyper loop multiball. If you can keep getting balls up into the hyper loop ramp, you could get all 6 in play. I have not got more than 3 yet....

#8181 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Hyper loop multiball. If you can keep getting balls up into the hyper loop ramp, you could get all 6 in play. I have not got more than 3 yet....

Yeah getting 2 or more in there is awesome. I think 5 may be the max in the loop, with the 6th ball being in play.

#8182 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Oh cool. I haven't seen one of those yet, but I'm working on it. I can't wait to get six balls flying around this thing.

Go for the Endor MB, easiest one to complete to get to victory

#8183 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Yep...might be one of the coolest things in pinball, very underrated.

I got 3 in a week or so ago and was so close to the 4th, hit the shot but not hard enough. It was a rush, can’t imagine what it’s like having all 6 in there.

#8184 4 years ago

Frequently I have shot another in there only to collide with one already in the loop and it drops a ball out.

#8185 4 years ago

Someone mentioned they noticed more movie clips that they never seen ... after about a month , approximately 600 plays , I’m noticing the same ... lots of different movie clips ... very cool feature .... this game is amazing

#8186 4 years ago

I can’t believe this game isn’t a Pinside top 10. If you take a few minutes to figure out the rules it all makes total sense. This thing is a total rush. I’m guessing the casual player doesn’t want to put in the time to understand the game play. I also know the only premium I had access to before buying was at the Santa Monica Pier and it was badly handicapped (The arm that saves the ball on the right side was missing and the Hyperloop was disabled). Perhaps that is the case for most Star Wars pins on location (poor maintenance). I know it is the newest toy in my game room but it is also my favorite at the moment.

#8187 4 years ago

I can’t believe this game isn’t a Pinside top 10. If you take a few minutes to figure out the rules it all makes total sense. This thing is a total rush. I’m guessing the casual player doesn’t want to put in the time to understand the game play

Casual fan isn't the problem, it's long time pin players/pinsiders butt hurt from not getting enough "stuff" on the PF from their SW dream. Dumbasses that don't want to play "math pinball" and think the game is impossible to learn; when it takes aboot 5 minutes like every other game.

#8188 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Casual fan isn't the problem, it's long time pin players/pinsiders butt hurt from not getting enough "stuff" on the PF from their SW dream. Dumbasses that don't want to play "math pinball" and think the game is impossible to learn; when it takes aboot 5 minutes like every other game.

Also a lot of people get completely turned off when they don't see the standard "three locks for multiball" or a big bash toy for multiball. Let alone a mode you can just start and then ignore while you stack a multiball. Don't want to take the time to learn any new rule paradigms

#8189 4 years ago

I can’t believe this game isn’t a Pinside top 10.

I haven't put enough games on mine to give it a proper rating yet, but I would say it's certainly worthy of the top 20.

Quoted from TheLaw:

it's long time pin players/pinsiders butt hurt from not getting enough "stuff" on the PF from their SW dream

That was me when I first saw it. I'm over that now and I've since discovered a fun and addictive game. The speed of this game is ridiculous, yet fitting for the theme IMO. I switched over to Met last night after playing a handful of games on SW and it felt like everything was in slow motion.

#8190 4 years ago

I thought so too, maybe special K got to me ... it didn’t have enough on it. But to be honest it’s got more or as much as JP, DP, Maiden.

#8191 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I thought so too, maybe special K got to me ... it didn’t have enough on it. But to be honest it’s got more or as much as JP, DP, Maiden.

Kaneda doesn’t know what he is talking about regarding Star Wars in particular. Completely clueless.

#8192 4 years ago

SW has all the toys needed for a final scene space battle. I installed 3 additional HW tie fighters and 2 other branded X wings, plus a HW snow speeder. Makes the machine look full using Hot wheels mods and would satisfy most of the naysayers, I’d think. Stern loaded it with over 400 movie clips and SW music and sounds. Top 10 game imo and unfortunate how it is rated here. A fun, well coded game.

997CD66F-74DF-4A70-AEFB-452B94DF0EA4 (resized).jpeg997CD66F-74DF-4A70-AEFB-452B94DF0EA4 (resized).jpeg47892D17-0971-4A09-90C4-8DF90B07F8D4 (resized).jpeg47892D17-0971-4A09-90C4-8DF90B07F8D4 (resized).jpegC182C345-5B10-4204-ADFD-DF1D9A884AB4 (resized).jpegC182C345-5B10-4204-ADFD-DF1D9A884AB4 (resized).jpegBEBBBEB1-2F6C-47B7-839F-805D82F122C8 (resized).jpegBEBBBEB1-2F6C-47B7-839F-805D82F122C8 (resized).jpeg
#8193 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

SW has all the toys needed for a final scene space battle. I installed 3 additional HW tie fighters and 2 other branded X wings, plus a HW snow speeder. Makes the machine look full using Hot wheels mods and would satisfy most of the naysayers, I’d think. Stern loaded it with over 400 movie clips and SW music and sounds. Top 10 game imo and unfortunate how it is rated here. A fun, well coded game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where’s the snow speeder?

#8194 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where’s the snow speeder?

left sling

#8195 4 years ago

Hello Fellas

I am sure this has been addressed so please bear with me.
Seems like when the game auto launches a ball it has a high propensity to reflect off the play field and slide right down the left outlane. I can see where the one post that stands at the entrance has three different places it can be mounted. I was going to change that to the position closest to player position. Any thoughts? Thank you

0E574E92-5C74-478C-BEB2-84D4AA23D8D0 (resized).jpeg0E574E92-5C74-478C-BEB2-84D4AA23D8D0 (resized).jpeg
#8196 4 years ago

It has been mentioned a lot before. Feel free to play around with it. A lot of people take it to the next level and install a Gottlieb siamese post in that spot to shrink the out lane exit.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C

#8197 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Kaneda doesn’t know what he is talking about regarding Star Wars in particular. Completely clueless.

Today I listened to his podcast comments on the Rick & Morty’s preview, and it sounds like it has a lot of similarities to SW (flat artwork, minimal 3d sculpts, and a ship on a spring). But it’s funny how it didn’t seem nearly as negative on R&M.

The SW code has matured a lot and I think if people weren’t as stubborn it would be much higher rated today. Even the art package has improved with the option for the Comic art style.

I think turning mission stacking on by default initially was a huge mistake. That one decision made the rules seem much more complicated and detracted from the theme.

#8198 4 years ago

It has been mentioned a lot before. Feel free to play around with it. A lot of people take it to the next level and install a Gottlieb siamese post in that spot to shrink the out lane exit.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-17492C

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Glad to know that my machine is not the only. When I install the service bulletins mods I will adjust that post and see how it goes. Thank you

#8199 4 years ago

Comic edition owners: Stern has release comic art blades. Available on the Stern website now.

B0F21D25-6B7D-45F3-B845-27B74D8F1912 (resized).jpegB0F21D25-6B7D-45F3-B845-27B74D8F1912 (resized).jpeg
#8200 4 years ago

Now those are the bedsheets you're looking for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/164?hl=tradesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.