SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 302.
#8101 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was so close to blowing up DS for the first time yesterday (on DS multi ball R2D2).

Awesome. You will do it soon. And when you do it will be satisfying. Escape from Endor is easier than Destroy the Death Star.

#8102 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Awesome. You will do it soon. And when you do it will be satisfying. Escape from Endor is easier than Destroy the Death Star.

I never tried Endor mode yet. My favorite is start R2D2 (so DS is lit) hit hyper loop + start mode on same shot.

#8103 4 years ago

I was curious about hyperspace multi ball.

On the rule sheet it says (after the time on loop runs out)

many yellow shots will light to score hyperspace jackpots worth the hurry-up value you collected. Collecting all of the Jackpots will relight the Death Star and allow you to begin another hurry-up.

Is that everything or is there any super JPs?

Also what is the JP value?

#8104 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

under cabinet lighting

where did you buy that? looks like an addition i might be interested in.

#8105 4 years ago

Anyone know what mod company is making backlighting for the Light Sabre armor?
Could have sworn I saw this a while back.

#8106 4 years ago

I see the “comic” versions of Star Wars are now their own unique game in the Pinside database of pins. It would be great if “comic” owners could modify their collection of games to reflect the appropriate “comic” version. That way we can all see how rare (or not) these alternate art packages are. I have been told there were only 200 premiums made in the first wave with no plans to make a second run at this time.

#8107 4 years ago

Just editing my collection but there is no picture yet, hopefully they’ll use the back box image.
37C9DD08-8E2B-4C02-B2AD-BFDBEE011B13 (resized).jpeg37C9DD08-8E2B-4C02-B2AD-BFDBEE011B13 (resized).jpeg

#8108 4 years ago

I read a post recently on the question of how many multi ball modes there are and don't remember if anyone answered it. The flyer lists as additional features: 16 missions, 1 wizard mode with 9 distinct multiball modes.
I only count 8.
1. Tie fighter multiball
2. Hyperspace multiball
3. Destroy the Death Star planet multiball
4. Escape from Tattooine planet multiball
5. Battle above Endor planet multiball
6. Escape from Hoth planet multiball
7. Victory multiball
8. Jedi multiball / wizard mode
What am I missing?

#8109 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Added in some under cabinet lighting. Easy mod. Couldn’t decide if I wanted red or white.[quoted image]

What did you buy to light your rails and how difficult? Do you have shot of other Side?

#8110 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

I read a post recently on the question of how many multi ball modes there are and don't remember if anyone answered it. The flyer lists as additional features: 16 missions, 1 wizard mode with 9 distinct multiball modes.
I only count 8.
1. Tie fighter multiball
2. Hyperspace multiball
3. Destroy the Death Star planet multiball
4. Escape from Tattooine planet multiball
5. Battle above Endor planet multiball
6. Escape from Hoth planet multiball
7. Victory multiball
8. Jedi multiball / wizard mode
What am I missing?

Midnight Madness used to be a Multiball mode back in .91 version of the code, but for whatever reason they removed it in a later code update. My guess is it didn't fit into some guideline set forth by Disney on how they can use the assets. I have a short video of the mode on our Youtube Channel from a couple years ago

#8111 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Midnight Madness used to be a Multiball mode back in .91 version of the code, but for whatever reason they removed it in a later code update. My guess is it didn't fit into some guideline set forth by Disney on how they can use the assets. I have a short video of the mode on our Youtube Channel from a couple years ago

Never saw that before, pretty cool.

Stern, bring it back!

#8112 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Yeah!! Bring it Back!! The video highlighted the same reaction I had when I first encountered Midnight madness mode playing my recent purchase of NBA Fastbreak. This would be an awesome nice feature to have....

#8113 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I agree, my best bang for the buck is Han go to Endor make the 8 shots go to death star simply awesome. End up with Victory MB.

#8114 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

that's hilarious. Please bring that back??

How is it started just by the time of day?

#8115 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

that's hilarious. Please bring that back??
How is it started just by the time of day?

When you set your clock, then wait for when the clock rolls to midnight and either be in the middle of a game or start a game within that first minute. Doesn’t work with this game anymore, but a few Dwight games have midnight madness

#8116 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

1 hour video? I wouldn’t call that short. Skip to 50 minutes to see the 1 minute of Midnight Madness. Fortunately, I skipped till I found it, instead of watching for 50 minutes. Too bad it’s not still in the game. Thanks for posting the video.

#8117 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

1 hour video? I wouldn’t call that short. Skip to 50 minutes to see the 1 minute of Midnight Madness. Fortunately, I skipped till I found it, instead of watching for 50 minutes. Too bad it’s not still in the game. Thanks for posting the video.

The entire video is an hour, but the link takes you to a point right before Midnight Madness.

#8118 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Can you still go back and download this version? Is it worth doing this and sacrificeing updates since then? Don't know if there were bug fixes also along the way.

#8119 4 years ago

You’d need to find a copy of old code. I believe Stern only keeps the latest code on it’s site.

#8120 4 years ago

I would not recommend going to an older code with these Spike 2 systems. Some of the node boards update with new code releases. Who knows what would happen.

#8121 4 years ago

Figured I’d post this here as well

If anyone with the Stern armor wants a plug and play solution to lighting their lightsabers and imperial/Jedi logo in red and blue let me know.

I need a minimum of 4 others to get an order with PinGraffix. Will be $99

Send me a PM

#8122 4 years ago

Question for the ball save on launch , I see you can adjust the time , but if it drains immediately after that save , is there a setting for another save ?

#8123 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Question for the ball save on launch , I see you can adjust the time , but if it drains immediately after that save , is there a setting for another save ?

Nope.

Would be nice if there was a second ball timer for when you drain straight off the auto plunge.

#8124 4 years ago

I got sick of the huge left out lane and finally bought a siamese post to narrow it down. It makes the machine much more enjoyable. The audits now reflect a more even distribution of ball outs.

#8125 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I got sick of the huge left out lane and finally bought a siamese post to narrow it down. It makes the machine much more enjoyable. The audits now reflect a more even distribution of ball outs.

What is that, do you have a picture?

#8126 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Quoted from rai:

Nope.

Would be nice if there was a second ball timer for when you drain straight off the auto plunge.

The answer above matches my experience on Stern SW. I never saw a setting in menus to modify ball save algorithm.

On JJP Wonka, we have mostly default settings, but I did increase the ball save time to 10 seconds. Here, the ball save time is truly a ball save TIME. If you get a quick drain, and the ball save auto plunge sends the ball to the pops and SDTM again, you will get a second ball save as long as the ball save time hasn't expired.

I've seen someone else (really, not me!) even get 3 ball saves on Wonka.

#8127 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Figured I’d post this here as well
If anyone with the Stern armor wants a plug and play solution to lighting their lightsabers and imperial/Jedi logo in red and blue let me know.
I need a minimum of 4 others to get an order with PinGraffix. Will be $99
Send me a PM

Still looking for 2-3 more interested in doing this.

#8128 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Still looking for 2-3 more interested in doing this.

I definitely like the idea. I’d be in.

#8129 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I definitely like the idea. I’d be in.

Great, shoot me a pm. I’m putting list together so far we have 4 interested including myself.

Would like to get a minimum of 1-2 more and we can move forward.

#8130 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Nope.

Ok thanks

#8131 4 years ago

Got a tech question. I have an official Stern shaker motor coming in the mail for my Star Wars comic premium. Do I or don’t I need that goofy inline capacitor?

#8132 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Got a tech question. I have an official Stern shaker motor coming in the mail for my Star Wars comic premium. Do I or don’t need that goofy inline capacitor?

It should come with it and yes, you should install it.

#8133 4 years ago

I’m hoping some time there will be art associated with the SW comic art pinball designation. Currently it’s a generic light pattern they use when something doesn’t have an image.

It does not look like many people are updating their collection to the comic art version yet.

#8134 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

It should come with it and yes, you should install it.

Cool, thanks. The shaker arrived late last night and did include the inline capacitor. Looks like I’m all good.

#8135 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What is that, do you have a picture?

Here is my install of the siamese post on the left outlane

IMG_20191212_124633.jpgIMG_20191212_124633.jpg
#8136 4 years ago

Just got the call. My new Star Wars Comic Premium will be arriving Monday between 10 and 2. It was originally scheduled to be here today which would have been nice since it is my normal day off. I guess I'll be happy if it just arrives in one piece.

#8137 4 years ago

Just got the call. My new Star Wars Comic Premium will be arriving Monday between 10 and 2. It was originally scheduled to be here today which would have been nice since it is my normal day off. I guess I'll be happy if it just arrives in one piece.

Awesome.

#8138 4 years ago

I got mine on Wednesday. It looks way better in person than online. However, it is apparent that the clear on the playfield is thinner than my IMDN. If I run my fingers across it, I can feel the inserts and painted art. Whereas my IMDN is smooth everywhere. We'll see how it holds up long term.

#8139 4 years ago

What’s the logic of the attract mode videos?

I’ve had this game for 2 years now and all of a sudden I’m seeing many clips I’ve never seen before and seldom repeats lately.

#8140 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

the clear on the playfield is thinner than my IMDN. If I run my fingers across it, I can feel the inserts and painted art. Whereas my IMDN is smooth everywhere. We'll see how it holds up long term.

same with mine.

#8141 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I got mine on Wednesday. It looks way better in person than online. However, it is apparent that the clear on the playfield is thinner than my IMDN. If I run my fingers across it, I can feel the inserts and painted art. Whereas my IMDN is smooth everywhere. We'll see how it holds up long term.

I actually think I prefer the clear being on the thinner side. Seems to be a lot less problematic these days. My Elvira is that way also.

#8142 4 years ago

It's great until it wears through, if ever. Too thick has it's own set of problems.

#8143 4 years ago

Finally got 2 balls in during Hyperspace multiball... got to say after playing pinball for 40 years , this indeed is the best gimmick in pinball ...the speed and excitement is a rush like no other .

#8144 4 years ago

Hello All
Just secured a SW Pro from @Iceman. Great deal and a great pinsider! Can anyone advise latest code version? I believe mine is at 1.04. Also is there any issue with using Wizards Shine on the play field. This was recommended for use on WOZ and was thinking it would be fine for SWP as well. Any thoughts pro or con?

Thanks fellas. Amazing game. Very fast!!

G

#8145 4 years ago

This is my most modern game in my small collection. Simply amazing how the main board in the back box is so darn small yet does so much. A far cry from the older 90’s games with multiple boards. Very neat indeed!

#8146 4 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello All
Just secured a SW Pro from Iceman. Great deal and a great pinsider! Can anyone advise latest code version? I believe mine is at 1.04. Also is there any issue with using Wizards Shine on the play field. This was recommended for use on WOZ and was thinking it would be fine for SWP as well. Any thoughts pro or con?
Thanks fellas. Amazing game. Very fast!!
G

Looks like current rev is 1.05. If anyone could weigh in on the polishing that would be great. Thank you!

#8147 4 years ago

I’m so excited I just destroyed my first Death Star and got a Victory Multiball plus two Tie Fighter Multiballs before that! First time I beat Endor also. Super fun. The game is so fast I didn’t even realize I destroyed the Death Star until it started exploding. I didn’t see the shot that did it but didn’t see the fork up. Don’t you have to hit the Death Star with the fork up to kill it? Topped 3 billion for the first time also. This pin is growing on me every time I play it.

#8148 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I’m so excited I just destroyed my first Death Star and got a Victory Multiball plus two Tie Fighter Multiballs before that! First time I beat Endor also. Super fun. The game is so fast I didn’t even realize I destroyed the Death Star until it started exploding. I didn’t see the shot that did it but didn’t see the fork up. Don’t you have to hit the Death Star with the fork up to kill it? Topped 3 billion for the first time also. This pin is growing on me every time I play it.

This pin is just fun...once you understand what’s going on and what to look for. Wait until you get to battle the emperor.

#8149 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The game is so fast I didn’t even realize I destroyed the Death Star until it started exploding. I didn’t see the shot that did it but didn’t see the fork up. Don’t you have to hit the Death Star with the fork up to kill it? Topped 3 billion for the first time also.

Congrats on destroying the Death Star! You may have shot the left loop the instant the fork ramp went up and not noticed, usually happens in Endor 4 as there aren't that many shots involved.

There are also some rare occasions in which the fork ramp goes down after timing-out the hurry-up and during the grace period of a half a second or so you can destroy the Death Star with a regular left loop shot. It's happened to me a number of times, particularly with the Hyperspace hurry-up shot.

#8150 4 years ago

Taking a shot...anyone in the NE want to trade a SW pro for a GB pro?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.