• Pro 124 votes
    27%
  • Premium 186 votes
    41%
  • LE 146 votes
    32%

(456 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,188 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

37C9DD08-8E2B-4C02-B2AD-BFDBEE011B13 (resized).jpeg
6986343A-DFCF-4A59-9773-BE86462A52E3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4923 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG20191130154932 (resized).jpg
338E226E-1A05-48DD-8C2D-127A2F68B0F2 (resized).png
C4B8A1B8-71F5-49C3-803B-F67126AA49F4 (resized).jpeg
2B5F1AB7-DB28-4121-A5A0-318D5475FF44 (resized).jpeg
0A650F6D-2114-4CC1-BC51-4DA4A23B262B (resized).jpeg
86D6DEEB-FD65-45F5-BF81-B06CD4CCEE86 (resized).jpeg
45BF7DD0-61F4-4E9A-8327-FB20E245371D (resized).jpeg
2810DE70-F648-4173-9C99-79408434F2DD (resized).jpeg
9404DEB7-EB08-4923-B5C6-11063E04C4B8 (resized).jpeg
8CCF642E-914C-455D-B6CB-5BF889C434A4 (resized).jpeg
B5942906-8AE7-47F9-B0C4-12FCE700F27B (resized).jpeg
A5889672-FE68-4241-A38C-01DCC2727CAA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8121 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 163.
#8051 11 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

JUST RELEASED: Stern Pinball Star Wars Topper Accessory
- Limited Edition, sequentially numbered with LE plaque, limited to 500
- Fully interactive moving R2D2 with lighting effects
Get yours before they are GONE! You know you want one...
$749 plus $25 shipping
Shipping soon!
zach@flipnoutpinball.com
812.457.9711[quoted image]

Please tell me Disney didn’t actually approve that as the final did they? It isn’t even close to accurate.

#8052 11 days ago

Hey can anyone tell me if it's possible to turn down the flipper strength? I see the coil strength adjustment but wanted to see if there was any other adjustment??

Thanks

#8053 11 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I personally love the Stern toppers. Some of the discontinued ones (Walking Dead, Ghostbusters, KISS) were poo pooed when they were available but now people are paying more than new prices for used ones and they are still difficult to find. They are pricey, as are the machines themselves, but people like me love them and see them as a great way to dress up their toys

I love them too Zach but the price of this topper is just stupid. There is a limit to what people are willing to pay for something even if they do have the financial means to do so, and I think Stern just exceeded that by a mile.

#8054 10 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love them too Zach but the price of this topper is just stupid. There is a limit to what people are willing to pay for something even if they do have the financial means to do so, and I think Stern just exceeded that by a mile.

Only time will tell. We have taken more orders for this topper already than other stern toppers we sell.

#8055 10 days ago

The toppers will sell out and will be worth more on the second hand market. The value for what you get at $750 is absolutely not there for this topper. So we’re going to continue to PAY more and get LESS from Stern.

If you don’t want the topper you’ll be able to sell it and get all your money back or more. So its a win for stern, win for the distributor and a win for the early adapter. The people getting screwed financially will be the people buying it on the secondhand market.

#8056 10 days ago

I love SW. The first SW movie was the first I ever saw in a theater. I own a SW premium and love toppers...but I will never own this one. What an expensive disappointment. If the lights and movements were awesome, there’d already be a video (by Stern or any number of the distros)...there is not. Close to $800 (with shipping and tax)...such a waste of money.

#8057 10 days ago

I don't think it looks that good anyway, would not buy it for $299 let alone $750.

Lucky I am not a topper guy, so I would put money towards PDI glass any day of the week.

#8058 10 days ago

The actual R2D2 has a projector where a screw is, and they randomly stuck a projector along the side of the head. I am so confused as to how bad this has turned out vs. how much time was spent (2 years). Basic design should have taken 30 minutes, and this was totally messed up. The functionality, which should be way more intricate, has never been shown...and I’m gonna guess is just as off.

#8059 10 days ago

If the link works , this is from YouTube with the topper in action posted last year

#8060 10 days ago
Quoted from HC2016:

If the link works , this is from YouTube with the topper in action posted last year

I like it . If I had Star Wars I would want one and yes we know it is expensive .

#8061 10 days ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Wow. I assumed some up and down movement. Amazingly cheap BOM there.

#8062 10 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Only time will tell. We have taken more orders for this topper already than other stern toppers we sell.

Well I'm not going to be calling anyone any names or anything but paying 775 dollars for that is pretty damn foolish. I'm sorry but that's just stupid.

#8063 10 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like it . If I had Star Wars I would want one and yes we know it is expensive .

It is a cool toy , but I don’t get the price . There are way cooler Star Wars toys in specialty stores for a fraction of that .

#8064 10 days ago
Quoted from HC2016:

It is a cool toy , but I don’t get the price . There are way cooler Star Wars toys in specialty stores for a fraction of that .

Exactly, I mean it doesnt even have a TIE Fighter on a spring for God sakes!

#8065 10 days ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I know what you're saying , I've got this little R2 D2 which does lots of stuff , it's remote control from an app on your phone , he has censors and goes on patrol , his third foot comes down , makes noises , interacts with the movies and even falls over , for under $200 AUD . Everything pinball related is always more expensive than normal stuff . Probably because they sell less units and have to up the price to make their profit .
I think the base would look a lot better black .

IMG20191130154932 (resized).jpg
#8066 10 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is a limit to what people are willing to pay for something even if they do have the financial means to do so, and I think Stern just exceeded that by a mile.

That's what people said about the signature Edition Elvira and look how quick that sold out .

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I'm not going to be calling anyone any names or anything but paying 775 dollars for that is pretty damn foolish. I'm sorry but that's just stupid.

Just because you don't see the value in it doesn't mean that anyone who buys it and enjoys it , is stupid or foolish .

#8067 10 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's what people said about the signature Edition Elvira and look how quick that sold out .

Just because you don't see the value in it doesn't mean that anyone who buys it and enjoys it , is stupid or foolish .

I agree .. judging someone on what they’re willing to pay is wrong ... For the collector who has 75k or more invested in machines , 750 is nothing to them (maybe?) ... but for the ones that struggle to have just one recent release , that’s a lot of bread for a mod . If Stern wants to expand the market to another gen , this is not the way .

#8068 10 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Please send me all of the names and addresses of buyers for the toppers since they probably have wealth. I am getting together this holiday season with the “wet bandits” to do some home robberies.
pasted_image (resized).jpeg

#8069 10 days ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

What do you think now that your $500 dollar toppers with moving parts are now going to cost $750.00. Include tax and shipping your now $500 dollar toppers with moving parts are now going to cost close to $800.00.

Black Knight topper is bad ass and moves and the price point is $430. It also doesn't have the Star Wars license to deal with. R2D2 robots are obviously something Disney is protecting the rights on very closely.

#8070 10 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Black Knight topper is bad ass and moves and the price point is $430. It also doesn't have the Star Wars license to deal with. R2D2 robots are obviously something Disney is protecting the rights on very closely.

I'm really happy to see Stern stepping it up in the topper department . It's better to have an expensive option than no option at all .

#8071 10 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm really happy to see Stern stepping it up in the topper department . It's better to have an expensive option than no option at all .

No topper at all is better. Too bad they can’t step up quality. Lol

#8072 8 days ago

Any of you use these Hallmark ships For a mod ?

#8073 8 days ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:No topper at all is better. Too bad they can’t step up quality. Lol

That's a Sad way of looking at it just because you can't afford it you don't want anyone else to have it . Step up the quality ? Stern is killing it at the moment with toppers , Black Knight , Munsters , Star Wars , the only other one which is up there for a modern topper is JJP POTC CE .

#8074 8 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's a Sad way of looking at it just because you can't afford it you don't want anyone else to have it . Step up the quality ? Stern is killing it at the moment with toppers , Black Knight , Munsters , Star Wars , the only other one which is up there for a modern topper is JJP POTC CE .

Lmao

#8075 8 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

, the only other one which is up there for a modern topper is JJP POTC CE .

You forgot about AFMLE.

#8076 7 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's a Sad way of looking at it just because you can't afford it you don't want anyone else to have it . Step up the quality ? Stern is killing it at the moment with toppers

I know him personally and I'm pretty sure that he could afford it and all of those toppers combined if he chose to do so. As far as quality goes I wouldn't say that Stern is killing it quality wise. Every single Munsters topper that they made wouldn't work when they first shipped them out and some peoples 2nd and 3rd topper wouldnt work right. My 2nd Munsters topper is working correctly but it took them 5 months to get it to me and my distributor had to get on their ass several times or I probably never would have got the damn thing.

I will say this though, that Black Knight topper is seriously bad ass. The Star wars topper is a complete joke though at 775 dollars.

#8077 7 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know him personally and I'm pretty sure that he could afford it and all of those toppers combined if he chose to do so. As far as quality goes I wouldn't say that Stern is killing it quality wise. Every single Munsters topper that they made wouldn't work when they first shipped them out and some peoples 2nd and 3rd topper wouldnt work right. My 2nd Munsters topper is working correctly but it took them 5 months to get it to me and my distributor had to get on their ass several times or I probably never would have got the damn thing.
I will say this though, that Black Knight topper is seriously bad ass. The Star wars topper is a complete joke though at 775 dollars.

I just find it hard to believe someone would prefer to have no option . Sorry to hear you had issues with your Munsters topper . I'm just happy Stern is putting in the effort to make great looking , interactive toppers , even though they are expensive .

#8078 7 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I just find it hard to believe someone would prefer to have no option . Sorry to hear you had issues with your Munsters topper . I'm just happy Stern is putting in the effort to make great looking , interactive toppers , even though they are expensive .

Thanks, I hope my Munsters topper proves to be reliable but I have my doubts unfortunately about it. I love Stern games as most people know but their customer service has been disappointing to say the least. The Munsters topper was a nightmare for everyone involved and I have two bad playfields that I cant even get a response on but anyway this isn't the thread for all of that.

That Black Knight topper is unbelievable. I still wouldn't pay 775 for even that one but wow, that is impressive to say the least. I am anxious to see the Jurassic Park topper, I believe that could be an awesome one also. Have they made one yet by any chance?

#8079 7 days ago

Xmas is coming, and I’m still looking for a part number off the comic premium translite! It should be printed on the translite itself in one of the lower corners.

Once I have the part number I can ask a distributor to see if they can order. want to give this as a gift to a Star Wars nut!

Thanks

#8080 7 days ago

Can anyone explain how Escape From Boba Fett works? I know about the document (https://images.pinside.com/3/24/3241a7a8e44404771116dfd8f3bfd7c00afa6665/resized/large/3241a7a8e44404771116dfd8f3bfd7c00afa6665.gif) but I'm still confused. Like, when I choose to light Escape From Boba Fett with Han, it says that it's lit, but I don't see an indicator anyplace. What part of the chain does this put me at? Does it skip the entire first part (combos) and the mode just starts automatically?

#8081 7 days ago
Quoted from craag:

Can anyone explain how Escape From Boba Fett works? I know about the document (https://images.pinside.com/3/24/3241a7a8e44404771116dfd8f3bfd7c00afa6665/resized/large/3241a7a8e44404771116dfd8f3bfd7c00afa6665.gif) but I'm still confused. Like, when I choose to light Escape From Boba Fett with Han, it says that it's lit, but I don't see an indicator anyplace. What part of the chain does this put me at? Does it skip the entire first part (combos) and the mode just starts automatically?

Doesn't it light all the shots white?

#8082 7 days ago

It's a blinking white arrow.

#8083 6 days ago

You have to hit a certain number of white shots to start the mode. 3 or 4 I think.

#8084 6 days ago

sorry if this has been asked. How long do we expect NIB Comic premiums to be available? Ill be able to buy my next pin in January. Waiting on Sterns next new announcement. If its stranger things Im in. If its not, I want Star Wars comic premium.(and a houdini if I can convince my wife.....)

#8085 6 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

sorry if this has been asked. How long do we expect NIB Comic premiums to be available? Ill be able to buy my next pin in January. Waiting on Sterns next new announcement. If its stranger things Im in. If its not, I want Star Wars comic premium.(and a houdini if I can convince my wife.....)

I asked the same question and didn’t get an answer. I have to believe that everyone that wanted a Star Wars already got one long before this. For that reason I think the production run is going to be fairly small. The comic version did it for me so I got a premium. Now I’m just waiting for it to show up. SW has been one of Stern’s best sellers for 3 years now. I bet it will be retired soon. I heard rumors that there were only 200 premiums made of the comic version.

#8086 5 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I asked the same question and didn’t get an answer. I have to believe that everyone that wanted a Star Wars already got one long before this. For that reason I think the production run is going to be fairly small. The comic version did it for me so I got a premium. Now I’m just waiting for it to show up. SW has been one of Stern’s best sellers for 3 years now. I bet it will be retired soon. I heard rumors that there were only 200 premiums made of the comic version.

ugh. really want to see what stern comes up with first. thanks

#8087 5 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ugh. really want to see what stern comes up with first. thanks

The next pin (if great) can be in production for 2-4 years. It's nice to get on the ground floor but can also be frustrating waiting for code. ST was released in 2013 and they made a ST vault in 2018 (that's up to 5 years of production), I have no idea about SW comic, IMO Stern will keep making them if they sell well. I thin SW has a chance to be in production for long time like ST was, but I have no idea. Someone said Stern might make a comic premium with pro cabinet art (My preference) but I didn't wan tot miss out on the comic premium waiting for a pint hat might not happen.

I got comic SW premium and had ample chance to play it and the code is mature.

All I can say is that I played a lot of pins before buying SW (everything from the last 4 years) but tho I knew that I'd love SW it has exceeded my expectations.

#8088 5 days ago

The next pin will be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

#8089 5 days ago

This is an incorrect statement. Bookmark it.

#8090 5 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is an incorrect statement. Bookmark it.

Just what I heard from a reliable source...
Sorry if it's not correct.

#8091 5 days ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Just what I heard from a reliable source...
Sorry if it's not correct.

TMNT is strongly rumored and I do believe it is coming. It’s just not the next game.

#8092 5 days ago
Quoted from rai:

The next pin (if great) can be in production for 2-4 years. It's nice to get on the ground floor but can also be frustrating waiting for code. ST was released in 2013 and they made a ST vault in 2018 (that's up to 5 years of production), I have no idea about SW comic, IMO Stern will keep making them if they sell well. I thin SW has a chance to be in production for long time like ST was, but I have no idea. Someone said Stern might make a comic premium with pro cabinet art (My preference) but I didn't wan tot miss out on the comic premium waiting for a pint hat might not happen.
I got comic SW premium and had ample chance to play it and the code is mature.
All I can say is that I played a lot of pins before buying SW (everything from the last 4 years) but tho I knew that I'd love SW it has exceeded my expectations.

Well said. I just want to see whats coming first. My wife loves stranger things so if thats it its an easier sell!

#8093 5 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s just not the next game.

What would be?

#8094 3 days ago

Pinball night just a few guys but they had not played SW premium before, SW premium comic was a huge hit with rave reviews. I know some people don't love Sten pins but SW is is a grand slam home run in my book.

Theme, code, layout, art it's got everything. Theme, second to none not to mention great use of assets, say what you want but Stern makes some great pins.

#8095 2 days ago

Just had three balls in the hyperspace loop and was so close to the fourth, pretty intense!

Definitely a satisfying feat to achieve, gave me a hyperspace score of 8.71 parsecs for that.

#8096 2 days ago
Quoted from rai:I know some people don't love Sten pins but SW is is a grand slam home run in my book.

I put a few games up in my loft to create a mini gameroom and had a few people over to help me. They weren't pinball people but after we got them upstairs I played each game to show them some features. I got a couple of balls into the hyper loop and had TRex eat the ball on JP2. They couldn't believe how cool the games are now. When I asked which of the 4 they liked best they all said Star Wars.

IMG_4923 (resized).JPG
#8097 2 days ago

Will somebody please post some video of R2D2 topper during gameplay

#8098 1 day ago

Added in some under cabinet lighting. Easy mod. Couldn’t decide if I wanted red or white.

6986343A-DFCF-4A59-9773-BE86462A52E3 (resized).jpeg
#8099 1 day ago

I blew up the first Death Star tonight! I’ve had my SW pro about 1 month and probably played about 100 games so far. The Endor Death Star has been relatively easy but this one was tough. I was on the 3rd trench run and started a Tie Fighter multiball. It was so hectic I think I missed most of the call outs.

#8100 1 day ago

I was so close to blowing up DS for the first time yesterday (on DS multi ball R2D2).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 8121 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 163.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside