Pinside_forum_6208033_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 301.
#8001 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I suspect the 2nd run of Star Wars comic edition will offer the premium PF + Pro cabinet & a code update.
My hunch is half wishful thinking & half based on historical data.
There's 2x premium Metallica, 2x premium ACDC, 2x premium Munsters, etc.

I was told a hard “no” on that ever happening from Stern directly and Stern via my distributor. I think I’m just going to pull the trigger on the comic premium because I want that damm hyper loop.

#8002 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Wow GamerRick 's machine looks awesome with those mods!

Thanks yes I love it. I actually really like the comic art playfield but can’t stand it on the cabinet and backbox so I bought the old premium on purpose. I actually have a few other mods but can’t fit them! I’ve got an R2-D2 that lights up and a Darth Vader that has a lit light saber but there’s no place to put them without cramming them in there so I think I’m going with what I have. I actually have several other Star Wars mods that I won’t be using, including a tie fighter and X-Wing fighter on a diverter switch mount. I can’t use them because I have a Hoth world over the diverter. I bought all the mods I was interested in before I had my pin because I didn’t know the comic art one was coming out and I was worried they would stop producing some mods I really was interested in. This is my grail theme so I had to have everything lol. If anyone would like the mods I’m not using, PM me and I’ll mail them to you no charge. I guess to be fair it would be first come first serve.

#8003 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I was told a hard “no” on that ever happening from Stern directly and Stern via my distributor. I think I’m just going to pull the trigger on the comic premium because I want that damm hyper loop.

They said the same with Munsters

They said no premium TWD too

And so on

But I agree with you & Rai. Life is short.

#8004 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I suspect the 2nd run of Star Wars comic edition will offer the premium PF + Pro cabinet & a code update.
My hunch is half wishful thinking & half based on historical data.
There's 2x premium Metallica, 2x premium ACDC, 2x premium Munsters, etc.

Seriously doubt it. Stern isn’t going back to Disney for another approval because Curly from pinside wanted it.

#8005 4 years ago

GamerRick One more mod, fit you can
D04065B9-1FE0-454F-8A93-CB088F9ED797 (resized).jpegD04065B9-1FE0-454F-8A93-CB088F9ED797 (resized).jpeg

#8006 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Seriously doubt it. Stern isn’t going back to Disney for another approval because Curly from pinside wanted it.

It's not just me that prefers the Pro cabinet. Many others reached out to distros about it.

Stern has no issue going to Disney for approval. To the point they just rolled out a total redraw of a game they finished years ago.

Then again... wtf up with the topper? Maybe yer right.

I'm torn between JP Premium vs SW Comic Premium

No matter what, it's gonna be awesome!

#8007 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm torn between JP Premium vs SW Comic Premium

Same issue I was having. I decided on SW Comic Premium. I figure JP will be available NIB for at least a couple of years and with it being as popular as it is, it's almost certain to have another addition at some point. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with the current editions, I just like having more choices.

#8008 4 years ago

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a SW comic premium. How are the cabinets on these? My Elvira’s House of Horrors is rock solid and even has a plywood bottom but I heard not all Stern cabinets are made the same. Can anyone give me some reinsurance? Thanks in advance.

#8009 4 years ago

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a SW comic premium. How are the cabinets on these? My Elvira’s House of Horrors is rock solid and even has a plywood bottom but I heard not all Stern cabinets are made the same. Can anyone give me some reinsurance? Thanks in advance.

I’m getting my Comic Premium tomorrow I’ll report back (fingers crossed). My first new Stern since STLE like 5 years ago.

I’d like to thank all who have explain the rules and answered my questions regarding SW. especially the multiplier rules.

Especially the DeadFlip video where Jack is playing the premium. Love when he imitates Luke and says Luke was a bit of a crybaby.

#8010 4 years ago

I love Steve Ritchie pins, this will be my 5th overall (3 in current collection SW, ST and SM) replacement for my ACDC Premium. Also owned T2 back in the day was my first pin.

If only I was able to play half as good as Jack Danger

Need to play better as SR would say.

#8011 4 years ago

My comic premium has the new plywood bottom and reinforced cabinet corners.

#8012 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The plywood bottom is on newer games. I believe all premium / LE models had the reinforced corners.

#8013 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Cool - Is the backglass glass or a translite? Glass would be nice but I can live with it being a translite - just wondering.

#8014 4 years ago

Cool - Is the backglass glass or a translite? Glass would be nice but I can live with it being a translite - just wondering.

Translite.

#8015 4 years ago

Can report the cabinet is tight and no separation, plywood bottom and also nice clear coat no pooling.

Fantastic game and super fast.

#8016 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can report the cabinet is tight and no separation, plywood bottom and also nice clear coat no pooling.
Fantastic game and super fast.

Outstanding - thanks for the update!

#8017 4 years ago

Look at the complete bullshit going on regarding the topper.

Link to my comment:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/8#post-5325032

post from GAP announcing it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-topper/page/7#post-5324928

#8018 4 years ago

Some pics of the comic Premium

B5942906-8AE7-47F9-B0C4-12FCE700F27B (resized).jpegB5942906-8AE7-47F9-B0C4-12FCE700F27B (resized).jpeg0A650F6D-2114-4CC1-BC51-4DA4A23B262B (resized).jpeg0A650F6D-2114-4CC1-BC51-4DA4A23B262B (resized).jpeg2810DE70-F648-4173-9C99-79408434F2DD (resized).jpeg2810DE70-F648-4173-9C99-79408434F2DD (resized).jpeg45BF7DD0-61F4-4E9A-8327-FB20E245371D (resized).jpeg45BF7DD0-61F4-4E9A-8327-FB20E245371D (resized).jpeg9404DEB7-EB08-4923-B5C6-11063E04C4B8 (resized).jpeg9404DEB7-EB08-4923-B5C6-11063E04C4B8 (resized).jpeg8CCF642E-914C-455D-B6CB-5BF889C434A4 (resized).jpeg8CCF642E-914C-455D-B6CB-5BF889C434A4 (resized).jpeg

86D6DEEB-FD65-45F5-BF81-B06CD4CCEE86 (resized).jpeg86D6DEEB-FD65-45F5-BF81-B06CD4CCEE86 (resized).jpeg

A5889672-FE68-4241-A38C-01DCC2727CAA (resized).jpegA5889672-FE68-4241-A38C-01DCC2727CAA (resized).jpeg

#8019 4 years ago

The cabinet pictures look fantastic. What do you think of the playfield art in person? It's hard to tell with the glare on the glass.

#8020 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The cabinet pictures look fantastic. What do you think of the playfield art in person? It's hard to tell with the glare on the glass.

I love the PF art, my only criticism would be the font style is not my preferred and might be harder to read. To me the comic PF art is more vibrant but than the original but I like the art on both the comic and original PF.

#8021 4 years ago

The comic sans-ish font is kind of weak, but the whole thing looks awesome.

#8022 4 years ago

What powdercoat color goes best with the older Premium? Any pictures would help. Thanks.

#8023 4 years ago

Garbage. Don’t buy that thing people!!!

#8024 4 years ago

Quick question.. even tho I read some of rules I might have missed this ... During Hans character Ive noticed the middle button color change to red .. Am I supposed to hit that as I play during the tie multiball and etc .. ?

#8025 4 years ago

red = able to hit tie fighters after tie fighter hurry up colllected
orange = add a ball in planet modes (hold 2 secs)

#8026 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

What powdercoat color goes best with the older Premium? Any pictures would help. Thanks.

Cointaker had a white one that was quite swanky (stormtrooper edition)

#8027 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Some pics of the comic Premium
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great. Mirror blades would be a great addition. They look great on my game.

#8028 4 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

My outlane gate makes a loud buzz noise at hold open, so trying to diagnose and fix. Anyone else have this issue? It functions fine, and understand there are numerous posts on getting it to work properly. I'm about half way through this thread and tried some searching already.
It's a mini-coil magnet that pulls in the bracket, so no plunger/coil stop to file/smooth. Happy to take out, etc. but not sure what good that is going to do. I thought about seperating coild and bracket to isolate source. Also, the coil test in the service menu is just gate open then close, so don't hear the noise. It's only at hold open in game play, so have to trigger the hold open during play to troubleshoot. Unless there is another way to test?

I’ve isolated to the diverter relay buzzing on hold, nothing attached to it. Relay and bracket are one assembly, not available at any parts places, and stern doesn’t stock them yet as parts. Out of warranty too. Anybody know where I could get one? Or have the parts breakdown for just the relay?

#8029 4 years ago

Have you inquired to Stern directly about this part? They have them there. Seems odd that they would not send you one.

#8030 4 years ago

Stern doesn’t sell direct, and game out of warranty.

#8031 4 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Stern doesn’t sell direct, and game out of warranty.

I have had good luck in this situation. It all depends, I guess, but I needed a scoop and they sent it to me. It wasn't listed for sale and the part number wasn't listed in the manual. Maybe try talking to your distro.

#8032 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Cointaker had a white one that was quite swanky (stormtrooper edition)

Thanks, I was thinking white or a blue

#8033 4 years ago

2B5F1AB7-DB28-4121-A5A0-318D5475FF44 (resized).jpeg2B5F1AB7-DB28-4121-A5A0-318D5475FF44 (resized).jpegC4B8A1B8-71F5-49C3-803B-F67126AA49F4 (resized).jpegC4B8A1B8-71F5-49C3-803B-F67126AA49F4 (resized).jpeg

#8034 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have had good luck in this situation. It all depends, I guess, but I needed a scoop and they sent it to me. It wasn't listed for sale and the part number wasn't listed in the manual. Maybe try talking to your distro.

Thanks. I was able to resolve the relay buzz. The extension bracket to the diverter rod was slightly bent. Bending it back allowed the mechanism to function properly, so no more rubbing/loud buzz.

#8035 4 years ago

JUST RELEASED: Stern Pinball Star Wars Topper Accessory

- Limited Edition, sequentially numbered with LE plaque, limited to 500
- Fully interactive moving R2D2 with lighting effects

Get yours before they are GONE! You know you want one...

$749 plus $25 shipping

Shipping soon!

[email protected]

338E226E-1A05-48DD-8C2D-127A2F68B0F2 (resized).png338E226E-1A05-48DD-8C2D-127A2F68B0F2 (resized).png
#8036 4 years ago

Umm you'd think for that much money they could at least make R2 look correct.

#8037 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Umm you'd think for that much money they could at least make R2 look correct.

Stupid ain’t it? Simps will still buy it.

#8038 4 years ago

probably cost $30 to make.

#8039 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

probably cost $30 to make.

50 bucks tops.

#8040 4 years ago

775 bucks for a topper that isnt anything special that i can see. HOLY SHIT.......all i can say is HOLY SHIT right now lol. Pinball is definitely getting too expensive for this average Joe here......WOW! I dont even know what to say for real, im speechless.

#8041 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

JUST RELEASED: Stern Pinball Star Wars Topper Accessory
- Limited Edition, sequentially numbered with LE plaque, limited to 500
- Fully interactive moving R2D2 with lighting effects
Get yours before they are GONE! You know you want one...
$749 plus $25 shipping
Shipping soon!
[email protected]
812.457.9711[quoted image]

What exactly are the lighting effects? Any updated video of it in action?

#8042 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What exactly are the lighting effects? Any updated video of it in action?

This is coming from Stern, the company that sells out LE's and SLE's before anyone even gets a chance to play them. Why would they think that with their customer base they'd have to show us the courtesy of providing any video at all?

#8043 4 years ago

Every topper i have ever bought i have pretty much felt like i got bent over. The price of this topper takes getting bent over to a whole new level though. If they sell more than three of these I will be in shock.

#8044 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Every topper i have ever bought i have pretty much felt like i got bent over. The price of this topper takes getting bent over to a whole new level though. If they sell more than three of these I will be in shock.

I personally love the Stern toppers. Some of the discontinued ones (Walking Dead, Ghostbusters, KISS) were poo pooed when they were available but now people are paying more than new prices for used ones and they are still difficult to find. They are pricey, as are the machines themselves, but people like me love them and see them as a great way to dress up their toys

#8045 4 years ago

I don’t care about toppers at all (thank god), but they at least seem to hold their value for some reason.

#8046 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

This is coming from Stern, the company that sells out LE's and SLE's before anyone even gets a chance to play them. Why would they think that with their customer base they'd have to show us the courtesy of providing any video at all?

That's exactly what I'm saying. No video or idea of what it actually does. After 2 years wait, seems like we should atleast see it in action first.

#8047 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's exactly what I'm saying. No video or idea of what it actually does. After 2 years wait, seems like we should atleast see it in action first.

That would make sense if we had a typical Manufacturer / Customer relationship. Unfortunately it seems like pinball is an odd outlier, where manufacturers don't have to supply a meaningful warranty, provide any info on products for sale, communicate with you on issues/concerns, etc., etc. It's kind of crazy.

#8048 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What price were you expecting? The $400 toppers Stern has sold are light show interactive only. The $500 toppers seem to actually have moving parts - dragon wings (GOT), rotating (well sort of) beacons (GB).

I always wanted to revisit this comment. What do you think now that your $500 dollar toppers with moving parts are now going to cost $750.00. Include tax and shipping your now $500 dollar toppers with moving parts are now going to cost close to $800.00. Open your wallet Kermit. I don't think that any topper should even cost $500 dollars never mind $800.00 with a limited run. Now only 500 people can buy the topper as well.

I guess $750.00 will be the new norm for Stern? Seems like the trend with this company. Stern and other pinball companies are starting to price people out of the hobby including myself. I will not be paying $750.00 for any topper.

#8049 4 years ago

I'm officially in the club. Just pulled the trigger on comic premium. I was working with a few different vendors. When I finally decided to buy 2 of the 3 no longer had the game and were unsure they could get another. The 3rd vendor only had the one. Is Stern done making the comic editions already?

#8050 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Stern and other pinball companies are starting to price people out of the hobby including myself.

Agree. No matter how cool the machine or toppers may get, buyers will dry up or be fed up and good distributors for Stern left holding the bag. (i.e. Beatles).
Probably just not anytime soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/161?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.