IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 301.
#7951 4 years ago

My outlane gate makes a loud buzz noise at hold open, so trying to diagnose and fix. Anyone else have this issue? It functions fine, and understand there are numerous posts on getting it to work properly. I'm about half way through this thread and tried some searching already.

It's a mini-coil magnet that pulls in the bracket, so no plunger/coil stop to file/smooth. Happy to take out, etc. but not sure what good that is going to do. I thought about seperating coild and bracket to isolate source. Also, the coil test in the service menu is just gate open then close, so don't hear the noise. It's only at hold open in game play, so have to trigger the hold open during play to troubleshoot. Unless there is another way to test?

#7952 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is what is baffling about the top 100 and shows how meaningless it really has become. Why are the 25 year old games rated higher than modern games??? As good as they were, you’re right, they don’t hold a candle to modern day code, mechs, electronics, build quality, HD LCD immersive game play, HD sound, etc. The old games just don’t compare to SW, Bat66 or JP for example.

Same dumb logic over and over.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

they don’t hold a candle to modern day.... build quality....

Talk aboot baffling.

#7953 4 years ago

I love both older and new pins. I’m so glad CGC is remaking older pins and so many new pins are being made as well. Not that long ago we had maybe 3 new games a year and they were like CSI or WoF etc.

#7954 4 years ago

Eddie ran to the hills to make room for Vader ... Tomorrow is the big day

91C53A35-4EB8-488E-B18F-0ECB5B091776 (resized).jpeg91C53A35-4EB8-488E-B18F-0ECB5B091776 (resized).jpeg
#7955 4 years ago

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the top of the Tie Fighter assembly on the pro version? Specifically, I’m hoping to obtain a photo of the top of the flat black plastic right behind the Tie Fighter.

#7956 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Eddie ran to the hills to make room for Vader ... Tomorrow is the big day[quoted image]

I have a Maiden Pro and have been giving serious consideration of switching it out for a Star Wars Premium. Let us know how your switch goes!

#7957 4 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the top of the Tie Fighter assembly on the pro version? Specifically, I’m hoping to obtain a photo of the top of the flat black plastic right behind the Tie Fighter.

20191122_201508 (resized).jpg20191122_201508 (resized).jpg
#7958 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

—>>> SHOW off you mods <<<—-
Just purchased the Comic Art Premium and would love to see how others have moded their games ... let see some pics!
Thx in advance!!!

The best mod for this game is a custom soundtrack from pinballmix. The modes are so much better with the original Williams score. Having Duel of the Fates play during Lightsaber Duel is rad.

#7959 4 years ago

Talked to Chas, he said not to worry about the switch warnings. Especially since I had issues for so long and didn’t play it much. Good news is she plays perfect and now all the codes are cleared. Got most of my mods installed today. A few left to go.

#7960 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

The best mod for this game is a custom soundtrack from pinballmix. The modes are so much better with the original Williams score. Having Duel of the Fates play during Lightsaber Duel is rad.

Any video?

#7962 4 years ago

nice where can I find this revision?

#7964 4 years ago

There is a free John Williams Remix around that I used to have. I know a few users here have it also. No need to pay pinballmix for this.

#7965 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

There is a free John Williams Remix around that I used to have. I know a few users here have it also. No need to pay pinballmix for this.

+1
I have a different thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-sound-mods-code-version105
where I started keeping track of sound file locations to create your own custom mix relatively easily, using pinball browser.

I haven’t updated it in a few days but so far I’ve identified where most of the key scene related music is.

That being said, if you don’t have the time or are not technically inclined at all, it is nice that pinballmix offers the service he does.

#7966 4 years ago

Man I am having a lot of fun with this pin now that everything is working and she’s all dialed in. Just a few more mods to add then I will post pics.

#7967 4 years ago

Today was a great day ... got my Star Wars Premium NIB ... As much as I Loved Maiden Premium , this game is so much better in my opinion... With all the characters to play and missions , it definitely has variety compared to Maiden.

61EF4CC7-9751-458F-A944-549AB7810C71 (resized).jpeg61EF4CC7-9751-458F-A944-549AB7810C71 (resized).jpeg
#7968 4 years ago

<blockquote cite="#5319526"
That being said, if you don’t have the time or are not technically inclined at all, it is nice that pinballmix offers the service he does.

That's me. I don't have the time or patience to deal with pinball browser. Pinballmix did an awesome job at a fair price.

#7969 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Today was a great day ... got my Star Wars Premium NIB ... As much as I Loved Maiden Premium , this game is so much better in my opinion... With all the characters to play and missions , it definitely has variety compared to Maiden.[quoted image]

Congrats! I have both maiden and SW (pros), and cant decide which I like better. SW does have more to offer code wise, I love its ruleset; and would probably give it the edge for that reason. Lastability in a small collection.

Edit: question, any reason you went with the regular premium over the comic?

#7970 4 years ago

Yesterday I picked up my first pinball ever and got a Star Wars Pro! I've been having tons of fun with it, but it does have some issues I'm hoping to address --

a) The game will sometimes put 2 balls into the trough. I can hear the solenoid fire, but nothing comes out, and then it fires a second time and 2 balls slowly kinda spill out. I wanted to increase the trough eject speed, but it looks like it's already set to maximum.

b) The pop bumpers really bang. I want to turn them down but I can't find anywhere in the menus to do so. Is this adjustable?

c) Any other common setup tips/considerations for this game?

Thanks!!

#7971 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats! I have both maiden and SW (pros), and cant decide which I like better...

For me it went SW>IDMN>JP

#7972 4 years ago

I’m buying SW premium. But it’s almost a 4 way toss up with.

DP
Maiden
JP
SW

I possessed a Maiden pro 4 months while my buddy had my Tron. Maiden is a great game layout code. This would be my choice if not for SW. way more shots with 4 flippers.

I’ve played a ton of DP love the humor and shots, another great game. Love the Katana ramp and snikt shot.

JP played a good bit but too early for me to form an opinion. Love a game with 4 ramps.

SW initial reaction was meh but that was before I understood the multipliers and other rules. Now I think it’s my best choice and the comic art (for me) was the cherry on top of a great game.

#7973 4 years ago

I'm still enjoying my Premium. This is evidenced by my recently selling a gorgeous Metallica Premium and keeping the SW. I got both games at about the same time and loved both to death. SW just has more staying power and in the end I played it way more.

#7974 4 years ago

Found some EL tape on eBay that is just about the right width and is not pink when you turn it off. What do you think?

7C5A0ACC-070A-4B8A-A30D-3550E937765B (resized).jpeg7C5A0ACC-070A-4B8A-A30D-3550E937765B (resized).jpeg
#7975 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Found some EL tape on eBay that is just about the right width and is not pink when you turn it off. What do you think?[quoted image]

Dig it!

#7976 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m buying SW premium. But it’s almost a 4 way toss up with.
DP
Maiden
JP
SW
I possessed a Maiden pro 4 months while my buddy had my Tron. Maiden is a great game layout code. This would be my choice if not for SW. way more shots with 4 flippers.
I’ve played a ton of DP love the humor and shots, another great game. Love the Katana ramp and snikt shot.
JP played a good bit but too early for me to form an opinion. Love a game with 4 ramps.
SW initial reaction was meh but that was before I understood the multipliers and other rules. Now I think it’s my best choice and the comic art (for me) was the cherry on top of a great game.

I prefer my DP over SW, but it’s close. DP is just over all a fun game. SW is more of a players strategy serious game. So for me, DP > SW > IMDN. (Haven’t experienced JP yet).

#7977 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I prefer my DP over SW, but it’s close. DP is just over all a fun game. SW is more of a players strategy serious game. So for me, DP &gt; SW &gt; IMDN. (Haven’t experienced JP yet).

close for me as well, love both themes but SW just has to be better for me was 12 years old when first SW came out. Also love both rules and the music and graphics on DP are top notch but I don't have any game with multipliers anything like SW. Love the movie clips on SW.

#7978 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats! I have both maiden and SW (pros), and cant decide which I like better. SW does have more to offer code wise, I love its ruleset; and would probably give it the edge for that reason. Lastability in a small collection.
Edit: question, any reason you went with the regular premium over the comic?

I was never into comics and IMO the new comic art made it look cheesy

#7979 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I was never into comics and IMO the new comic art made it look cheesy

Well said, I don't get the new comic theme. Yes the artwork isn't the greatest quality, but I'm a big fan of the movie franchise, not comics, so i want the pin to represent the movie likeness.

#7980 4 years ago

My final decision is SW premium or MM remake.

I am going to play my top choices tomorrow and will make my decision immediately, I want to see how the Death Star, hyper loop ramp feels.

I have AFM LE, aware it plays a lot like MM (rules, similar shots) so that's one point against it.

#7981 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am going to play my top choices tomorrow and will make my decision immediately, I want to see how the Death Star, hyper loop ramp feels.
I have AFM LE, aware it plays a lot like MM (rules, similar shots) so that's one point against it.

You’ll get Star Wars lol

#7982 4 years ago

Only thing I don’t like is the video game sounds and the high score entry, both seem disconnected from the overall package.

#7983 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

You’ll get Star Wars lol

Most likely, I've been playing MM for the last 4-5 years trying to convince myself to get one, I love AFM much more than I was expecting so was thinking to get another CGC pin but for some reason MM has not grabbed me. I've played MM on and off for the last 14 years whenever I get the chance and never fell for it.

Once I figured out the multiplier system on SW it has been on the top of my list and I have been looking at others kicking tires just to make sure. I was about to order SW a few weeks ago but wanted to play the premium a few more times to confirm.

PS we just watched SW episode IV last night and it holds up big time.

#7984 4 years ago

Main thing holding me back was the comic art were I prefer the pro cabinet but prefer the premium game.

I don't hate the premium cabinet but the pro cabinet would be my dream.

#7985 4 years ago

I have to say , I’ve played Star Wars last year at a local bar ... it was a drain monster , got so discouraged I purchased the Maiden .. Especially after reading all the negative comments and all the tweeks you have to do to make the game more enjoyable.. but my SW premium has a date of 2019 and I have no issues whatsoever with cheap drains and all ... Maybe Stern addressed these issues ? Not sure but I’m very happy with the outcome

#7986 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I have to say , I’ve played Star Wars last year at a local bar ... it was a drain monster , got so discouraged I purchased the Maiden .. Especially after reading all the negative comments and all the tweeks you have to do to make the game more enjoyable.. but my SW premium has a date of 2019 and I have no issues whatsoever with cheap drains and all ... Maybe Stern addressed these issues ? Not sure but I’m very happy with the outcome

don't forget to update you collection, did you keep the Maiden?

#7987 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

don't forget to update you collection, did you keep the Maiden?

Maiden is gone Lol , room for only one pin at this time

#7988 4 years ago
Quoted from craag:

Yesterday I picked up my first pinball ever and got a Star Wars Pro! I've been having tons of fun with it, but it does have some issues I'm hoping to address --
a) The game will sometimes put 2 balls into the trough. I can hear the solenoid fire, but nothing comes out, and then it fires a second time and 2 balls slowly kinda spill out. I wanted to increase the trough eject speed, but it looks like it's already set to maximum.
b) The pop bumpers really bang. I want to turn them down but I can't find anywhere in the menus to do so. Is this adjustable?
c) Any other common setup tips/considerations for this game?
Thanks!!

My SW premium pop bumpers are the loudest pop bumpers of all of my pins. Normal. Just the way this pin was designed.

#7989 4 years ago

Got my premium all moded! Decided to change colored plastic protectors to clear because it effects the blue and red lighting modes which I don’t like and I have spotlight radar dome replacements coming but everything else is in. Didn’t like the premium translite so switched it out for a pro. Put Pinstadium Omegas in also and the 2Niro lightsaber very cool!

AAADBB3A-913F-4A8A-8785-DF0944D271D0 (resized).jpegAAADBB3A-913F-4A8A-8785-DF0944D271D0 (resized).jpegF5354607-8CE8-463E-BEA6-D7BD4F7CEBC9 (resized).jpegF5354607-8CE8-463E-BEA6-D7BD4F7CEBC9 (resized).jpeg5A77CB0B-0F9F-4C7A-A7EC-952C19EBF6B5 (resized).jpeg5A77CB0B-0F9F-4C7A-A7EC-952C19EBF6B5 (resized).jpeg428504E9-3653-43EC-A527-120C216E2073 (resized).jpeg428504E9-3653-43EC-A527-120C216E2073 (resized).jpeg6A683A96-6A7A-4C58-82FC-CD0E774F7385 (resized).jpeg6A683A96-6A7A-4C58-82FC-CD0E774F7385 (resized).jpegC614A347-DB02-444A-9F59-C81A9E297915 (resized).jpegC614A347-DB02-444A-9F59-C81A9E297915 (resized).jpeg6CE32DA3-B40C-43CC-994F-B4FB6E02F1D1 (resized).jpeg6CE32DA3-B40C-43CC-994F-B4FB6E02F1D1 (resized).jpegE7179E2F-04B1-4154-8362-B7BA84F0C548 (resized).jpegE7179E2F-04B1-4154-8362-B7BA84F0C548 (resized).jpegB83C0BC9-72BB-4765-ABC2-BE04739872FC (resized).jpegB83C0BC9-72BB-4765-ABC2-BE04739872FC (resized).jpegB10E0FEC-1505-4C9B-803F-AEACA1C0972C (resized).jpegB10E0FEC-1505-4C9B-803F-AEACA1C0972C (resized).jpeg
#7990 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Personally I think AFM and MM are too similar to need both and AFM is the better one anyway.

#7991 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not sure how much Premium/LE you've played relative to the pro...but be forewarned that the Death Star shot is truly harder on the Premium. You can backhand it from left flipper if ramp is down, but even that is more difficult than on pro. You cannot backhand at all with ramp up, unless the ball is coming down on the flipper & you hit it just right. And it is also harder from the right flipper. (Source of reference - I had a SW Pro for 4 months, upgraded to an LE, and have now played the LE for almost 3 months.)

Quoted from rai:

SW just has to be better for me was 12 years old when first SW came out. Also love both rules and the music and graphics on DP are top notch but I don't have any game with multipliers anything like SW. Love the movie clips on SW.

Yeah, me too. I was 11 in summer of 1977. Love the movie quotes and scenes. I also like the original movie art better than the comic art.

#7992 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Not sure how much Premium/LE you've played relative to the pro...but be forewarned that the Death Star shot is truly harder on the Premium. You can backhand it from left flipper if ramp is down, but even that is more difficult than on pro. You cannot backhand at all with ramp up, unless the ball is coming down on the flipper &amp; you hit it just right.

I’ve found that if you raise/adjust the left flipper up 2 degrees or approximately two dots from the dot on the table, it can be backhanded with the ramp up. Makes a big difference and instead of a dangerous difficult shot from the right flipper, it is made easier from the safe left flipper backhanded.

Also , the menu adjustment of the left flipper should be set to hard. I can make it all day long with the fork ramp up about 70% of the time.

#7993 4 years ago

I have been able to backhand the Death Star with a game that is side to side level and at 6.5 pitch. No flipper adjustments required.

#7994 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Got my premium all moded! Decided to change colored plastic protectors to clear because it effects the blue and red lighting modes which I don’t like and I have spotlight radar dome replacements coming but everything else is in. Didn’t like the premium translite so switched it out for a pro. Put Pinstadium Omegas in also and the 2Niro lightsaber very cool![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Aren't the PinWorlds mods lit? It looks like the Pinstadium lighting drowns out that effect.

#7995 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Aren't the PinWorlds mods lit? It looks like the Pinstadium lighting drowns out that effect.

It does. That’s why I have the pinstadiums dialed down to 35 percent. Looks great. Only looked too bright for twenty minutes because I was use to it so dark, then it evens out and everything looks great. You can see all the lights on the mods well. I actually put electrical tape over the Pinstadium lights that were directly over the lightsaber because you could hardly see it. Pictures never show the true look but everything looks great just like it is now.

#7996 4 years ago

Is it possible to adjust flipper power, autolaunch power, pops power, etc... ?

The only ones I'm seeing is trough eject and scoop eject. Am I missing something?

Also, what does COIL_PULSE_POWER (#43) do? Is there only one setting for all of the solenoids across the game?

#7997 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Main thing holding me back was the comic art were I prefer the pro cabinet but prefer the premium game.
I don't hate the premium cabinet but the pro cabinet would be my dream.

I suspect the 2nd run of Star Wars comic edition will offer the premium PF + Pro cabinet & a code update.

My hunch is half wishful thinking & half based on historical data.

There's 2x premium Metallica, 2x premium ACDC, 2x premium Munsters, etc.

#7998 4 years ago

Wow GamerRick 's machine looks awesome with those mods!

#7999 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Personally I think AFM and MM are too similar to need both and AFM is the better one anyway.

I agree.

Just put a good number of plays on two different SW premium and a MM remake.

I’d say MM is the better pin but I have some pins with similar layouts in my collection.

Decided on SW comic premium. I played pro several times and it shoots great but I’d really missing the hyper loop.

#8000 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I suspect the 2nd run of Star Wars comic edition will offer the premium PF + Pro cabinet &amp; a code update.
My hunch is half wishful thinking &amp; half based on historical data.

I don’t want to wait that long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/160?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.