SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 302.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

To be fair, I think he's already worked his way through GOT, SW and now TWD over the course of a month - he likes to buy 'em, play the hell out of them for a short time, and then move 'em along.

...and then regret it, as he hinted at in another thread about SW.

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Anybody have an answer - Home play Setting vs Factory setting ? Is one easier than the other ??

Been searching for this....can't find anything on Home play settings. Would like to know too.

#703 6 years ago

Death Star loop is killing me with SDTM coming out of the loop most of the time...and it's a important shot in the game.
Anybody any tips?

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

To be fair, I think he's already worked his way through GOT, SW and now TWD over the course of a month - he likes to buy 'em, play the hell out of them for a short time, and then move 'em along.

You and Beezleboob are both right.

I do go through games like Laundry, and I do just play them too much that I work through them too fast and wonder "what's next?!". Haha!

But if I had to pick, SW has been my favorite pin so far. And I'll probably try to get another as the code progresses. The action button got cumbersome....but honestly enough..I miss it!

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yikes

Waspinator, are there any you have kept so far??

#706 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Yikes
Waspinator, are there any you have kept so far??

Nope, but I wish I had've hung onto SW.

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe he should move to the Chicago area and get a job as a game tester in the Stern factory.

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Maybe he should move to the Chicago area and get a job as a game tester in the Stern factory.

I'd be down for this.

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

Death Star loop is killing me with SDTM coming out of the loop most of the time...and it's a important shot in the game.
Anybody any tips?

Level the game?

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'd be down for this.

It would be good work if you could get it.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Level the game?

Thanks, but the game is level and at a pitch of 6.6 or 6.7 degrees. Sort of standraad settings.

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

Thanks, but the game is level and at a pitch of 6.6 or 6.7 degrees. Sort of standraad settings.

The one I played last night did not SDTM drain from the inner loop at all. Could one of the guides be installed wrong somehow?

Is yours draining when exiting the left side of the inner loop or when exiting on the right?

#713 6 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a Star Wars playable anywhere in Seattle, wa?

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Does anyone know if there is a Star Wars playable anywhere in Seattle, wa?

8-bit arcade in Renton has one, I believe Olaf's too. Check out http://www.skill-shot.com/pinball-titles for game lists for local pinball locations

#715 6 years ago

Looks like the first container of SW Pros for Australia has been pushed back to September now.

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Looks like the first container of SW Pros for Australia has been pushed back to September now.

Don't you guys usually get Pros first (before the US even)? Wonder what happened.

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The one I played last night did not SDTM drain from the inner loop at all. Could one of the guides be installed wrong somehow?
Is yours draining when exiting the left side of the inner loop or when exiting on the right?

Draining when exiting the inner loop on the right.

I noticed higher ball speeds increases the draining.
Very high speed balls leads to 100% drains down the middle.

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't you guys usually get Pros first (before the US even)? Wonder what happened.

I have been told it is a problem with the shipping company. The container left on time but they have now delayed it somehow.

#719 6 years ago

I'm sure everyone has seen the below mod. I'm not affiliated w/ it in anyway, but I just think it's a simple and great fix to make the mini-lcd fit the theme. Kudos to the creator. Has anyone else come up with anything?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/01106-armor-mod-for-small-lcd-display-for-star-wars-pinball-

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I'm sure everyone has seen the below mod. I'm not affiliated w/ it in anyway, but I just think it's a simple and great fix to make the mini-lcd fit the theme. Kudos to the creator. Has anyone else come up with anything?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/01106-armor-mod-for-small-lcd-display-for-star-wars-pinball-

I like it - I'd like one that covered up the bottom text even more (don't think it's necessary since the screen shows what's going on, and the text looks out of place on the playfield).

#721 6 years ago

Have a SW on order and am waiting. There are not any around me to play yet.

Question though - if SW was the baby of two, or even 3, pins which would they be? I heard IM and Got before. Is that accurate?

Thanks!

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Question though - if SW was the baby of two, or even 3, pins which would they be? I heard IM and Got before. Is that accurate?
Thanks!

I've owned both, and presently have SW. Totally accurate!

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Thanks!

Yes. I own GOTLE and IMVE and have played a lot of SW Pro. SW is the love child.

#724 6 years ago

Anyone heard from their distributor that their LE is shipped yet?

#725 6 years ago

Nope. Not a peep on my LE "status". Nada.....

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yes. I own GOTLE and IMVE and have played a lot of SW Pro. SW is the love child.

That is one sexy baby!

#727 6 years ago

I'm not convinced yet that they've begun building the LEs en masse yet. That Freddy's one in Germany is the only one that's turned up in the wild so far. Maybe it was sent there for play testing?

#728 6 years ago

So SW Prem LE could be IM, Got and a mix of Getaway, which I owned for years and loved, thrown in? Oh this could be interesting.

#729 6 years ago

I see there is still problems with the deathstar on Le/Premium. To bad cuz i like to see what it has to offer before i decide on a PRO or Premium.

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I was told they are shipping second week of August

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I was told shipping on Aug 4 or 7th for an LE. We'll see how that goes.

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

I see there is still problems with the deathstar on Le/Premium. To bad cuz i like to see what it has to offer before i decide on a PRO or Premium.

Source?

Rob

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Source?
Rob

Frli002 has been trolling about this for a while. He is full of shit.

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

frli002 has been trolling about this for a while. He is full of shit.

I don't know whether he's trolling but he keeps saying there's something wrong with the Death Star and then disappearing when people ask for details or a source.

#735 6 years ago

If there was something wrong with the death star, I don't think Freddy's would have had one.

Anybody who was there actually see the thing work?

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't know whether he's trolling but he keeps saying there's something wrong with the Death Star and then disappearing when people ask for details or a source.

Definitely trying to troll....he is pretty bad at it but a troll for sure.

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If there was something wrong with the death star, I don't think Freddy's would have had one.

I have never seen it work, but let me post how disappointed I am with it.

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, people who played it seem to have encountered some things at least...

1) If the ramp heading to the death star pops up but the ball comes the other way round the horseshoe, it stops the ball and has to fold down. You can see this as the last snippet of the IGN video when the game was revealed. - This is an unwanted side effect and gives the Pro a strong upperhand in terms of 'flow'.

2) Noone got the Death Star to explode (and noone put more than one ball in the hyperloop) but this may very well be because there were a lot of people who didn't have much time with the game and/ or that the code is still beta.

Disclaimer: That's all what i "read", I couldn't manage to drive over.

#739 6 years ago

doublepost

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well, people who played it seem to have encountered some things at least...
1) If the ramp heading to the death star pops up but the ball comes the other way round the horseshoe, it stops the ball and has to fold down. You can see this as the last snippet of the IGN video when the game was revealed. - This is an unwanted side effect and gives the Pro a strong upperhand in terms of 'flow'.
2) Noone got the Death Star to explode (and noone put more than one ball in the hyperloop) but this may very well be because there were a lot of people who didn't have much time with the game and/ or that the code is still beta.
Disclaimer: That's all what i "read", I couldn't manage to drive over.

#1 - Yes, that's a little bit of a hiccup, but for me it would ne a non-issue. The video from Germany showed the ball getting stopped there and it's only like 1.5 seconds to release. You know someone will eventually say they bought the pro because 'it plays faster'.

#2 - Yup, code is still beta.

Rob

#741 6 years ago

Dwight does read these threads, so you can bet he'll be all over that delay if it's something that can be tweaked.

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

#1 - Yes, that's a little bit of a hiccup, but for me it would ne a non-issue. The video from Germany showed the ball getting stopped there and it's only like 1.5 seconds to release. You know someone will eventually say they bought the pro because 'it plays faster'.

Well, it does since the ball comes to a full stop. - But then again how often ist the ramp "up"? (We have yet to see.)

Overall I'd say the Pros are usually faster since Premium/ LE have second playfields or toys wich take away from the main game. Just think of GoT. Pro is fast, Premium/ LE mini playfield adds to the game. So that is a valid argument, it just depends on what you prefer.

I bought the pro (must arrive any day now) and personally altough I dig the hyperloop that news kinda makes up for the pain that I couldn't afford a Premium.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dwight does read these threads, so you can bet he'll be all over that delay if it's something that can be tweaked.

That horseshoe is small and the ball is fast. Not sure if code can tweak very much there.

But then again this doesn't need to be a bad thing. Since the LE/ Premium is the way the game is originally intended to be maybe this bief moment to take a breath is intended to give players a releitively slow and seady angle ball with the opportunity to make the shot in the hyperloop.

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

#2 - Yup, code is still beta.
Rob

Wonder where the sensor is for the ball in that lane. Video makes it seem like it's right behind the ramp. If it was in the beginning of the loop, the ramp could respond faster...maybe a mute point though, as I haven't personally seen the premium

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That horseshoe is small and the ball is fast. Not sure if code can tweak very much there.
But then again this doesn't need to be a bad thing. Since the LE/ Premium is the way the game is originally intended to be maybe this bief moment to take a breath is intended to give players a releitively slow and seady angle ball with the opportunity to make the shot in the hyperloop.

there is a switch on both sides of the horseshoe going in. so yes code could fix the issue, it would just needs to be tweeked to drop the ramp as soon as the switch is hit on the right side.

#746 6 years ago

Maybe. But surely noth with 100% accuracy if the ball is to fast. Theres enough games that prove that.

But again. Maybe its supposed to stop the ball. Just wait and see.

Quoted from Dr-Willy:there is a switch on both sides of the horseshoe going in. so yes code could fix the issue, it would just needs to be tweeked to drop the ramp as soon as the switch is hit on the right side.

#747 6 years ago

Dead Flip hinted on Twitter that a gameplay video of Star Wars Premium/LE may be coming soon.

https://twitter.com/Dead_Flip/status/892859806565978112

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

If Ghostbusters is any indication of ghosting inserts, it takes 3 months to show up. Good luck. I speak with experience.

#750 6 years ago

Just got mine today and absolutely love it. It made me laugh and want to play more. I'll say more once I have played more.

Does anyone know how to reduce the power of the autoplunger? It often causes both right and left outlane drains and that's just not okay. There must be an adjustment, but I didn't see one in software as there is for the right eject.

The only adjustment I made was to reduce the right eject power to 20.

Dwight, if you are reading this I would /really/ like to see the option to increase the ball save time way way up - even as much as a minute. For a buck a game I want my customers to feel they are getting their money's worth, and right now the max ball save is like 15 seconds which is just too short for me as an operator.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/15?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.