SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 302.
#7901 4 years ago

Just picked up one of those 1UP Star Wars arcade cabs for my birthday to go along with my pin! Really impressed with this thing so far - the vector graphics emulation is done really well and the controls are perfect. The kids and I had a good time putting it together, too.

I played the hell out of this machine in the arcades when it came out - pretty cool to have this low maintenance home version. It's a great combo with a relatively small footprint - it gets my recommendation!

SWARS (resized).jpgSWARS (resized).jpg
#7902 4 years ago

BTW - those of you still waiting on the topper - just get this, it's probably cheaper, LOL

#7903 4 years ago

I am still on hold (had to pay some college tuition for my kid and new car sigh) but I still want to jump on SW. Funny this game has grown on me intitially was not interested at all but now it seems like I want more than anything else on the market.

#7904 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just stick a rag in there and they wont move

Someone should design and 3D print some sort of plug that clips in/on and keeps balls in place...

#7905 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Someone should design and 3D print some sort of plug that clips in/on and keeps balls in place...

Great idea! Would sell tens of thousands lol.

#7906 4 years ago

JJP games have a little metal flap that rotates into position as you raise the PF.

#7907 4 years ago

cliffy makes the trough eject stopper thingy, can't seem to find it right now though.

#7908 4 years ago

Hello all ... I’m about to trade up my Maiden premium for Star Wars premium . Any thoughts on this ? ( I’ve played SW at a bar , but it’s clearly a tough game )

#7909 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Hello all ... I’m about to trade up my Maiden premium for Star Wars premium . Any thoughts on this ? ( I’ve played SW at a bar , but it’s clearly a tough game )

Hmmmm. I own both pro versions and from that stand point. I'd stick with Maiden over Starwars. Starwars is hard as hell, maiden I think has better flow and is more fun to me.

#7910 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Man, I love both games...it's hard for me to say because I own SW Premium...it is a super deep game code wise and always keeps me pushing Start..I just had some friends over to play both my Jurassic Park and SW premium and they couldn't believe how much faster SW was after playing JP. It's probably one of the fastest flowing games around and my Steve Ritchie favorite as well as Dwight coded..

If you can swing it, could you keep the IM and still get the SW?

Maiden is fun but I'd pick Star Wars but definitely the Premium...the hyperloop is a must

#7911 4 years ago

If anyone has a hook up on a dealer that can sell comic SW premium for anything better than typical Stern price send me a PM with contact info thanks.

#7912 4 years ago

Fellow owners... am I correct in that Star Wars currently does not allow you to reset the machine with the Left Flipper + Start shortcut? I was able to find the setting on my GB and BM66 but don't see that option in the SW menu.

#7913 4 years ago

Fellow owners... am I correct in that Star Wars currently does not allow you to reset the machine with the Left Flipper + Start shortcut? I was able to find the setting on my GB and BM66 but don't see that option in the SW menu.

U just hold start it will restart

#7914 4 years ago

Can someone please tell me how in the living hell I can adjust the plunger power stop the ball from bouncing once and going right back down the goddamn right hand out lane this is maddening I was just playing one of my best games ever and it freaking did this twice..bullshit lol. Hit 1.3 Billy on ball one !!!

#7915 4 years ago

No option for that

#7916 4 years ago

Right hand or left hand?

#7917 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

Can someone please tell me how in the living hell I can adjust the plunger power stop the ball from bouncing once and going right back down the goddamn right hand out lane this is maddening I was just playing one of my best games ever and it freaking did this twice..bullshit lol. Hit 1.3 Billy on ball one !!!

Happens all the time. It’s a drain monster. Play around with your shooter settings and test different power levels.

#7918 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

U just hold start it will restart

Thanks but that is to just restart the game back to 1st ball.

The Left + Start (on select Stern models) will actually back all the way out of any players and make it as if you never hit start in the first place. Very helpful when someone starts a game and then abandons before playing all three balls. (Like kids)

#7919 4 years ago

The Left + Start (on select Stern models) will actually back all the way out of any players and make it as if you never hit start in the first place. Very helpful when someone starts a game and then abandons before playing all three balls. (Like kids)

Yes it seems to be a recent addition to code. So they would need to do another update to add it. Several of my sterns including SW do not have it yet.

#7920 4 years ago

Have a Star Wars Pro that Node board 8 went out. Replaced the board and now I have a whole bunch of other problems. Can’t choose a character stuck on Luke and the game starts. Force lights do not light. Also it will fire all six balls into the shooter lane. Checked connections to the new board all connections are correct took picture before removing the old board and compared it to the new install. Any ideas......help.

#7921 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Have a Star Wars Pro that Node board 8 went out. Replaced the board and now I have a whole bunch of other problems. Can’t choose a character stuck on Luke and the game starts. Force lights do not light. Also it will fire all six balls into the shooter lane. Checked connections to the new board all connections are correct took picture before removing the old board and compared it to the new install. Any ideas......help.

Call Stern support.

#7922 4 years ago

So when playing as Luke how do you use the force for an add a ball during multiball? Luke (Increased scoring during Lightsaber Duel and can “use the Force” once per ball in play to add a ball during Multiball modes).

#7923 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

I had to remove the plastic and curve the shooting lane more. This was happening to me all the time to the point I was thinking of selling the game. Did that and it is 95% better. Still happening but not nearly as much.

#7924 4 years ago

Still looking for the part number of the Stern Star Wars Comic Premium trans If anyone bought the game, it should be printed on the translite!

#7925 4 years ago

Happy weekend of fun! Beautiful comic art work ... they really did do an amazing job on this pin. Fast and Fun!

FF956EBF-F454-4AA8-B5CB-3B78C8CF355D (resized).jpegFF956EBF-F454-4AA8-B5CB-3B78C8CF355D (resized).jpeg
#7926 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So when playing as Luke how do you use the force for an add a ball during multiball? Luke (Increased scoring during Lightsaber Duel and can “use the Force” once per ball in play to add a ball during Multiball modes).

Bump

#7927 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

That’s probably an old code rule as all characters can add a ball during multiball. To do it, you must spell FORCE during multiball, the action button should turn orange, this indicates you have an add a ball ready to go. Simply hold the button for 2 seconds to activate the add a ball. Keep in mind, if you start tie fighter assault, the action button will turn red but if you have an add a ball you can still hold it down for the add a ball even during tie fighter assault.

Additionally, if you choose not to use your add a ball, you can bank it for the next multiball. You’ll start with the next multiball with the action button orange for your add a ball, if you spell FORCE at the beginning of that next multiball you will have TWO add a balls ready to go. You can bank a maximum of 2 add a balls per multiball.

#7928 4 years ago

So i came across something new, which unfortunately ended up in a bug. But, i happened to stack victory mb, tie fighter mb, and hyperspace mb. It was pretty sweet. Unfortunately, the game got confused with this stack and wouldn’t release the ball from hyperspace mb (SW PRO). I was able to take advantage and play the stack with one ball in play (and the other ball trapped in Death Star, racking up around 3 bil alone for the multiball stack. Is that cheating? Ahh who cares, Dwights bug....my fun - the bug released itself once i drained and went back to 1 ball play.

#7929 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Call Stern support.

Thanks Genius! Wanted to know if anyone else had an issue replacing a node board.

#7930 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So i came across something new, which unfortunately ended up in a bug. But, i happened to stack victory mb, tie fighter mb, and hyperspace mb. It was pretty sweet. Unfortunately, the game got confused with this stack and wouldn’t release the ball from hyperspace mb (SW PRO). I was able to take advantage and play the stack with one ball in play (and the other ball trapped in Death Star, racking up around 3 bil alone for the multiball stack. Is that cheating? Ahh who cares, Dwights bug....my fun - the bug released itself once i drained and went back to 1 ball play.

A similar thing happened to Dead Flip a few months back also on the PRO, here's the link starting from 1:16min in. He enters Escape from Tatooinie MB, starts the HS hurry-up, then starts TF MB, then starts HS MB. The ball gets stuck at around the 1:17min mark.

#7931 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Thanks Genius! Wanted to know if anyone else had an issue replacing a node board.

Last time I give you any advice. You acted like anyone here would be more helpful than the manufacturer since you did not indicate your intention to contact them.

#7932 4 years ago

Add my vote for this! I would love this option because when I have a lot of kids at the house, games always get abandoned mid-game. Would also be nice if after X minutes of no activity, the sounds and music would mute, with maybe an occasional callout.

#7933 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Add my vote for this! I would love this option because when I have a lot of kids at the house, games always get abandoned mid-game. Would also be nice if after X minutes of nobody activity, the sounds and music would mute, with maybe an occasional callout.

I know that’s my number one beef when kids play my machines. Not that they mistreat them, that they start a game, play a ball or two and walk away and leave it running. So now I gave a 5 second speech in the beginning - if you start a game finish it.

#7934 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Add my vote for this! I would love this option because when I have a lot of kids at the house, games always get abandoned mid-game. Would also be nice if after X minutes of nobody activity, the sounds and music would mute, with maybe an occasional callout.

They should just put an option in settings that default is off, and you can turn it on and after 10, 20, 30 minutes of inactivity (you choose) the game automatically resets. Super simple code addition. Would like to see nice touch additions like this. They are thinking about things like this that’s why they added the start plus left cancel on some new code updates.

#7935 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Last time I give you any advice. You acted like anyone here would be more helpful than the manufacturer since you did not indicate your intention to contact them.

Thanks for the advice calling support........just kidding actually waited till today a business day. Hey but you are the best.....just kidding there too.

#7936 4 years ago

—>>> SHOW off you mods <<<—-

Just purchased the Comic Art Premium and would love to see how others have moded their games ... let see some pics!

Thx in advance!!!

#7937 4 years ago

Check out pinworlds.com and see what they have. Tatooine, Hoth, and Endor. Love these mods.

854080C1-BAE6-4D99-B044-037B7748E11D (resized).jpeg854080C1-BAE6-4D99-B044-037B7748E11D (resized).jpeg
#7938 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

—&gt;&gt;&gt; SHOW off you mods &lt;&lt;&lt;—-
Just purchased the Comic Art Premium and would love to see how others have moded their games ... let see some pics!
Thx in advance!!!

When you get the game can you check for the part number on the translite for me? Usually it is in the lower right corner, however I'm not sure if it is covered up by the trim.

#7939 4 years ago

Finally got my Star Wars premium fixed. It had two bad light boards, a bad mini LCD and the escape gate wasn’t working. Got all items fixed tonight and for the first time since I got it a month ago she works perfect. Damn this is a fast pin! Having a blast. No quarters to lose. Just hit start again

#7940 4 years ago

The agony of defeat. The other night I was two good shots away from facing the Emperor for only the third time. Had Tatooine multiball lit. Just had to hit that bear of a scoop shot to start it. Had everything else in the bag (which is why I had to start it at the Tatooine shot rather than any of the other planet shots). Would have just had to play that out, and then hit the left ramp to start Jedi. I could not hit a clean Tatooine shot to save my life. Probably got a half dozen shots at it before finally draining. So close I could smell the old bastard! *sigh*

I love this game. So many ways to tackle it, all satisfying. I just keep my fingers crossed for one more code polish. This was another game where I hit video mode 5 or 6 times, and that gets old. Give us a choice to skip video mode (other than for Hoth 1 credit (or better yet give us a real Hoth 1!)), and clean up a few A/V priorities to not let anything step over the planet multiballs and I will be a very happy camper. I'd love to see the game "die" and drain all balls after a planet multiball final shot for the celebration, then relaunch them into Victory. Half the time I do not even realize I blew up the Death Star, etc in the heat of an intense multiball until I hear the Victory music hit. I'd like to take a moment to savor it, LOL! But even if we never do get that final polish, I still love it!

#7941 4 years ago

Can someone explain Boba Fett combo rules? Does it stack with modes?

#7942 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone explain Boba Fett combo rules? Does it stack with modes?

Starting Boba Fett always stumps me a bit too. I rarely specifically go for it and just play it out when/if it starts. It does not stack, though the first few combos to qualify it can be done in a mode I think. The mode itself is pretty straightforward with what needs to be shot clearly flashing, and the narrator telling you what to shoot. Very cool mode...immersive and super stressful!

Here is a copy/paste from the great rule sheet on Tilt Forums:

Escape from Boba Fett: Shooting combo shots will light the shots that ended the combo with a white arrow. Complete four white arrow shots (with the last two in non-mode play) to begin the mode. Escape from Boba Fett is a sequence of five hurryups: left ramp, right mini-loop, right ramp, left orbit, and left ramp again. Shooting the 3-bank will add more time to the mode. Make good use of your shot and shot multipliers during this mode - the final score can be huge. Completing this mode is one of the qualifications for Jedi Multiball.

#7943 4 years ago

Escape from Boba Fett can’t start when another mode is going. Basically anytime you see a white arrow, you should shoot it. When you shoot yellow arrows, they turn white and you shoot the white to collect one of the four required white shots for the mode.

#7944 4 years ago

Thanks.

This is something that gets me about SW (could be most other modern pin with good rules like GoT or TWD whatever) that there is so much to see on the modern pins like Hoard in TWD. I was debating to get MM remake it’s the number one pin of all time but the rules just seems so basic no combos (?) no multipliers just seems to be simple, not bad but very basic, so much more can be had with a 20 year newer design pin like SW but it doesn’t get near the love of MB, MM etc.

#7945 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks.
This is something that gets me about SW (could be most other modern pin with good rules like GoT or TWD whatever) that there is so much to see on the modern pins like Hoard in TWD. I was debating to get MM remake it’s the number one pin of all time but the rules just seems so basic no combos (?) no multipliers just seems to be simple, not bad but very basic, so much more can be had with a 20 year newer design pin like SW but it doesn’t get near the love of MB, MM etc.

I'm with you there. Even the deepest B/W games that everyone adores can't hold a candle to most modern games when it comes to rule depth. Then something like Munsters comes out and everyone loses their minds with how shallow it is...yet many of those complaining have a collection full of B/W with no more actual depth that it has. Sure I enjoy playing B/W era pins, but for what I am looking for in a home collection, they do not hold a candle to modern Stern.

#7946 4 years ago

Now that I got everything working on my Star Wars premium I have a new tech alert I’ve never seen before. Switch D 17 tilt pendulum. Does anyone know what that means? I’m assuming it’s related to the tilt bob but no idea what to check.

#7947 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Now that I got everything working on my Star Wars premium I have a new tech alert I’ve never seen before. Switch D 17 tilt pendulum. Does anyone know what that means? I’m assuming it’s related to the tilt bob but no idea what to check.

Usually when you get a switch alert, it just means that switch hasn't been activated in awhile, either from poor play or being broken. I'm not sure if one for the tilt works the same though. Do you have your bob installed? If so, tilt the game and see if that clears it (or at least if the switch activates). Hopefully that is all it is.

#7948 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Usually when you get a switch alert, it just means that switch hasn't been activated in awhile, either from poor play or being broken. I'm not sure if one for the tilt works the same though. Do you have your bob installed? If so, tilt the game and see if that clears it (or at least if the switch activates). Hopefully that is all it is.

Ok thanks. Yes I do have it installed. I’ll try that now.

#7949 4 years ago

Ok I’ll have to call Chas. It cleared after a tilt but then I got a trough switch warning. Then after a game that cleared and D-17 comes up again. Just hope I don’t have a lemon here. I’ve had six major technical issues before this. Hoping it’s a simple fix so I can keep flipping.

#7950 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm with you there. Even the deepest B/W games that everyone adores can't hold a candle to most modern games when it comes to rule depth. Then something like Munsters comes out and everyone loses their minds with how shallow it is...yet many of those complaining have a collection full of B/W with no more actual depth that it has. Sure I enjoy playing B/W era pins, but for what I am looking for in a home collection, they do not hold a candle to modern Stern.

This is what is baffling about the top 100 and shows how meaningless it really has become. Why are the 25 year old games rated higher than modern games??? As good as they were, you’re right, they don’t hold a candle to modern day code, mechs, electronics, build quality, HD LCD immersive game play, HD sound, etc. The old games just don’t compare to SW, Bat66 or JP for example.

The only thing I can think of: it is the nostalgia factor that they are ranked higher. MM, AFM, MB, all great games in their day, but not even close to a modern day machine. MM castle is still one of the top mechs, but the T Rex in JP is definitely its equal. SW Hyperloop and Bat 66 Penguin crane is right up there too.

However, if you do a custom ranking of the past 6 months, the old games drop off. The games coming out now, are amazing! I’m blown away with the games of the past 4 years. Love the SW Comic edition. Next year is rumored to be even better with internet connectivity and such.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/159?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.